User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 24 Feb 2003, 14:23   #1
MelAn
Condenación

MelAn is an unknown quantity at this point
Beta "testing" !?!?

Ticks just stopped & i have to say i enjoyed playing beta( *bored in my holidays* )
I just played for fun in a "madly mixed gal" of ppl from both sides & to test Xandathrii, cause i was unsure what race to choose for r9.

Still i have to admit that i'm deeply disappointed by some people, who took the whole beta testing to seriouse!!!

Actions like:

- abusing ppl heavily (not only mails, also IRC, culminating in "personal hatred")
- banning ppl from private server for doing seriouse testing & not caring about "We are WoE" ( we are all nap'ed et cetera) *cough* Sakera *cough*
- Ally officials threaten other testers, that attacks on them will have huge effects on "real" planetarion r9 (e.g. Kick from your ally,...)
motto: "I'm a pa celeb, fear my connections" \0/

>>> No seriouse testing but stagnation &boredom

It was NO Speedround, no test of VOM vs WEE, nor a test which gal/player is the best!! Only a beta test to provide us a stable, "accurate" round 9!

Some ppl tested seriouse, some didn't...still it's sad that some ppl dictate others how to play a beta test & kinda ruined it with their ignorance! (..those ppl will be first who moan when some things won't work 100% round 9, i'm sure!!! )

-JustaBunny-
R4: 55:8:23 Selenia the Dark Angel of Urborg of Dominaria ( NoS)
R5: 24:12:5 MelAncholic Angel of Condemnation (NoS)
R6: 21:5:10 Cursed Visionary of True Faith (NoS)
R7: 9:19:9 Fragrance of Your Skin (NoS/Bunnies)
R8: 3:5:4 Cursed Hands of Devotion (Fury/Bunnies)
R9: 18:2:4 Infernal Memories of Humiliation (Eclipse/Bunnies)
--------------------
MelAncholic
...criticism is the root of all progress
MelAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2003, 14:26   #2
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
People who take alliances serious in a Beta are fools.
Unread 24 Feb 2003, 14:51   #3
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society
Is a realistic situation not the best way to test? Alliances realistically will happen. Testing is about more than just "Is there a bug" or "If you add the armour of all the ships together and square root it do you get a prime number???!!11". You have to look at the CIRCUMSTANCES surrounding such things also, and as alliances will be a circumstance in the real round, and as major one at that, then alliances do belong in the beta, otherwise you are testing things in a situation they will not be used in. I agree hatemail etc. is a little harsh, and threatening for the beta to affect real PA is also harsh, and I wouldn't do it, but it does help you test some things, such as how OTHER people react to certain attacks, and hence what is the most effective to send. I would rather people said that sort of thing to me if they would in real PA, as it tells me that the attack I am doing is a damn effective one!

But as I said, the most efficient testing situation is one which is as close to what a proper round of PA is as you can get. There does need to be some scope for "side-experiments" though, such as saying to someone "I noticed an anomaly in such and such, will you help me test it?". That is hard to do though without having a completely controlled environment, which is difficult to achieve without unlimited resources etc.
Unread 24 Feb 2003, 14:55   #4
bernhard

bernhard is an unknown quantity at this point
can someone tell me what a parallel is (in PA)? Parallels did not exist in beta, did they?

and what about overburn, is it in or out in rd 9?
bernhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2003, 14:56   #5
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I agree that a realistic situation is the best way to test the game, but the lack of private galaxies in the Beta excludes that possibility already.

The only real changes that need testing are the ship stats and the server load. To test server load, you just need people to play and to test ship stats you need combat. Not organised bashing, not stagnation, but loads of combat reports.

And hatemail and threats to kick someone from an alliance for attacking an allied player in the beta is ridiculous.
Unread 24 Feb 2003, 15:09   #6
Cloud9

Cloud9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry

The only thing I really learned from the beta is that in cluster bashing and roiding will ofc remain very popular...(sigh)....and the 2 min ticks didnt help ofc....oh well, (to those that found a little gal in cluster with 3-4 actives only) and then went back, again, and again, and again...every d*¤n day, well done guys!!! you are the true spirits of 'old PA'...........roll on r10...
Unread 24 Feb 2003, 15:36   #7
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society
Quote:
Originally posted by bernhard
can someone tell me what a parallel is (in PA)? Parallels did not exist in beta, did they?

and what about overburn, is it in or out in rd 9?
Parallels are the SECOND galaxy coord, i.e. 5:6 and 6:6 are in the same parallel, and yes, they were in the beta. Both have a -1 traveltime.

No, overburn is not in.
Unread 24 Feb 2003, 15:38   #8
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by Bashar
Is a realistic situation not the best way to test? Alliances realistically will happen. Testing is about more than just "Is there a bug" or "If you add the armour of all the ships together and square root it do you get a prime number???!!11". You have to look at the CIRCUMSTANCES surrounding such things also, and as alliances will be a circumstance in the real round, and as major one at that, then alliances do belong in the beta, otherwise you are testing things in a situation they will not be used in. I agree hatemail etc. is a little harsh, and threatening for the beta to affect real PA is also harsh, and I wouldn't do it, but it does help you test some things, such as how OTHER people react to certain attacks, and hence what is the most effective to send. I would rather people said that sort of thing to me if they would in real PA, as it tells me that the attack I am doing is a damn effective one!

But as I said, the most efficient testing situation is one which is as close to what a proper round of PA is as you can get. There does need to be some scope for "side-experiments" though, such as saying to someone "I noticed an anomaly in such and such, will you help me test it?". That is hard to do though without having a completely controlled environment, which is difficult to achieve without unlimited resources etc.
Are you serious ?

Testing the servers has nothing to do with how PEOPLE react.
It is a question of creating load on the servers. Seeing if the stats are balanced etc.

When the top 10 gals refuse to hit each other during beta-test to generate some big combats, the alliances are working against the testing.
Who are you going to blame during r9, if there are bugs during combats with big fleets ?

The alliances ? I think not.
You will be here crying about Jolt and the creators not having done their job well enough.

I myself am very disappointed to have found out, that my GC was approached by Prince in order to create some combat testing, and refusing the request to hit other gals, because he is allied to them in pa.

And a bit annoyed, because I and a couple of other members in that gal asked to hit other big gals as well during the weekend.

Desse
Olympians HC.
THIS

Ascendancy - While you were trying, we were sleeping

(@Karmulian) i deffo got roided looking at my planets
Desse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2003, 15:39   #9
Bashar
Idle Git

Quote:
Originally posted by Leshy
I agree that a realistic situation is the best way to test the game, but the lack of private galaxies in the Beta excludes that possibility already.

The only real changes that need testing are the ship stats and the server load. To test server load, you just need people to play and to test ship stats you need combat. Not organised bashing, not stagnation, but loads of combat reports.

And hatemail and threats to kick someone from an alliance for attacking an allied player in the beta is ridiculous.
Actually, there WERE private galaxies in the beta, and you could move into one all the way up to the end of protection. Not enough people created private galaxies though, and too many intended to join them. I think that was due to the lack of a guarantee that you would get in though.

I do agree that hate-mails etc. in the beta is ridiculous, but equally, it is ridiculous in the proper game too. Though it is a fact, and as long as it isn't taken too seriously (by either person) - it is ok (i.e. if it is a simulation style), though I admit the case mentioned it probably wasn't, and that is ridiculous.
Unread 24 Feb 2003, 15:44   #10
Bashar
Idle Git

Quote:
Originally posted by Desse
Are you serious ?

It is a question of creating load on the servers. Seeing if the stats are balanced etc.

When the top 10 gals refuse to hit each other during beta-test to generate some big combats, the alliances are working against the testing.
Who are you going to blame during r9, if there are bugs during combats with big fleets ?

You will be here crying about Jolt and the creators not having done their job well enough.

I myself am very disappointed to have found out, that my GC was approached by Prince in order to create some combat testing, and refusing the request to hit other gals, because he is allied to them in pa.

And a bit annoyed, because I and a couple of other members in that gal asked to hit other big gals as well during the weekend.

Desse
Olympians HC.
THIS
Hrmmmm, you really think it was load testing? If so, you are wrong - it was testing THE GAME, and that is what happened. There was more to test than just the stats too. A few other bugs appeared, and also, last round should have told people that the stats depend on the circumstances of the round. Last rounds stats were not really that ideal for a random universe, simply because of how so many went xan, and the impact that xan could have. This impact is nullified somewhat with private galaxies, and so you have to test the stats properly in the situations they will be used. These are private galaxies, clusters, parallels and alliances.

I agree that people should be willing to put such things aside when something specific requires testing. I am not saying that people in the beta were testing it the best they could, I am saying though that the alliance etc. involvement is essential. But saying no to a request for combat testing I do agree is wrong.

Also Desse (whoever you are), I can assure you that I do not come here moaning about bugs, if there are bugs in the combat, I tell the creators so they can fix them, moaning here achieves nothing. I think you don't know me if you think I would come here moaning about such things
Unread 24 Feb 2003, 15:48   #11
Ramihyn
Emperor

Ramihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by Leshy
Yes, but sadly you dont see combat reports unless you participated. I would have needed two planets and enough res (the 2 min ticks definately helped), to make some more serious combat tests. This way - with small unit numbers - the error due to random is too high. If you have combat ratios of 3.087 and 2.91 and a reference value of 3.23 - it doesnt really help :/

The hard way would have been to take others combatreports and calcing out the effect of other units - but combat reports arent included in newsscans anymore :/

So, sadly the beta wasnt to useful for me to verify these things - only a few minor things :/

A "havoc" alike period of 2 or 3 hours at the end, where everyone would get a lot res to play with, would have helped a lot. Maybe next time ? :/
Ramihyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2003, 15:50   #12
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by Desse
Are you serious ?

And rightly so. The creators are responsible for running the beta--from selecting the participants to setting the "rules" to enforcing them. When the creators aren't too discriminating about who gets into the beta, don't set (m)any rules, and don't enforce the rules, then it's hardly surprising when people "play" instead of "test."

And it's not like this sort of thing hasn't happened in pretty much every other beta. :/
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2003, 15:52   #13
Bashar
Idle Git

Quote:
Originally posted by Ramihyn
Yes, but sadly you dont see combat reports unless you participated. I would have needed two planets and enough res (the 2 min ticks definately helped), to make some more serious combat tests. This way - with small unit numbers - the error due to random is too high. If you have combat ratios of 3.087 and 2.91 and a reference value of 3.23 - it doesnt really help :/

The hard way would have been to take others combatreports and calcing out the effect of other units - but combat reports arent included in newsscans anymore :/

So, sadly the beta wasnt to useful for me to verify these things - only a few minor things :/

A "havoc" alike period of 2 or 3 hours at the end, where everyone would get a lot res to play with, would have helped a lot. Maybe next time ? :/
Yup, as I said earlier, it is hard without unlimited resources, but I don't think they were testing the stats, they have had other betas going to do that, slightly more exclusive ones (i.e. invite only). This one was purely to get people in en masse and see if they could track down any remaining little bugs, the rare ones that people do tend to get annoyed with and find halfway through the round (or such was the impression I recieved).
Unread 24 Feb 2003, 15:55   #14
bernhard

bernhard is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Parallels are the SECOND galaxy coord, i.e. 5:6 and 6:6 are in the same parallel, and yes, they were in the beta. Both have a -1 traveltime.

universe layout is then a 2-dimensional matrix. clusters as rows and parallels as columns or vice versa. this means you have 9+(x-1) galaxies to access with eta -1 where x is the number of clusters in universe.

I haven't had a closer look at the traveltime descriptions on the military page, but I thought it did not mention parallels.
bernhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2003, 15:56   #15
xtothez
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
Quote:
It was -2 in the beta.
Unread 24 Feb 2003, 16:16   #16
Bashar
Idle Git

Quote:
Originally posted by xtothez
It was -2 in the beta.
I am 90% sure it was -1, it may be -1 until you get to eta -3 or eta -4 or something, but I am sure in the end it is -1. And it was announced several times that it will be -1 in the actual round anyway.
Unread 24 Feb 2003, 16:32   #17
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of
It was -2 in both cluster and para.

No doubt about it.

Unread 24 Feb 2003, 16:44   #18
Shev
So what?

Shev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to behold
Jup.

I was launching Pod fleets at eta 6 in c and Cr fleets at eta 7.

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Shev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2003, 16:56   #19
berten
respect, unity, order

berten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the rough
I'm sure you are right.
I was part of WoE and all the same we didn't take things to serious either.
Whot we did want to do is test our fleets at maximum capacity hence make ya fleet it's name worthy and get roids.

I've personally learned alot from this beta and know now whot race i'll choose.

I've reported bugs like expected from beta testers.

And i had funning doing this all.
Unread 24 Feb 2003, 17:16   #20
Desse
Pr0nstar

Not sure which gal you were in.

I was in 9:7(formerly knows as 3:7 untill, Prince's "mishap").

And both me and Melan were told frequently, we could not hit any other gal tagged WoE.

I also heard a WP-member quit, because he was bashed by another WP-member, so the part about WoE not taking this seriously only goes for some members.

Don't get me wrong. I had loads of fun in the beta with my galmates. I am just a bit disappointed, that today the last day was boring, and we were told not to hit the only targets we had in range, because they were allies.

Unread 24 Feb 2003, 18:01   #21
Devo
Spinner Flamer Flamer

Devo is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Shev
Jup.

I was launching Pod fleets at eta 6 in c and Cr fleets at eta 7.
Ditto, although I didn't finish the final speed tech till Sunday evening (I was away Thursday, and slept at night).

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloud9
The only thing I really learned from the beta is that in cluster bashing and roiding will ofc remain very popular...(sigh)....and the 2 min ticks didnt help ofc....oh well, (to those that found a little gal in cluster with 3-4 actives only) and then went back, again, and again, and again...every d*¤n day, well done guys!!! you are the true spirits of 'old PA'...........roll on r10...
I agree totally, although I think it won't be so bad thanks to the reduced ETA in parralel as well... Hopefully anyway.

I was in 4:2 (we sucked ffs), and ended up allying with 4:4 and 4:5. We then went and wiped out 4:7 \o. Then we decided to ally with 4:7 (Once we had knocked em down quite a bit... sorry guys), and take on 4:3 and 4:9.... Great fun. Yes, it was during 2 minute ticks and Yes, everybody will claim that 'they weren't playing seriously', and that it means nothing... Well it does! Moha!
Quote:
Originally posted by Zh|l
Why are you quoting me in your signature?
Devo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2003, 18:10   #22
Teh_Necro
Daddy.

Teh_Necro has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Too an extent, i agree with both MelAn and Bashar...

I think people complaining about other people taking it seriously are just as silly though.

It's a beta, its free, people aint seen any pa action for months, do you really blame them for jumping in and having a good time?

Although personally i played around with Cathaar, even let attacks go through on me b/c i wanted to see what certain dmg my fleet would take against such attackers.

The first few days of beta i played with a bit of effort, orginising raids and what not, and i don't feel ashamed of it one bit.

-Necro
Unread 24 Feb 2003, 18:47   #23
SantaClaws04

SantaClaws04 is an unknown quantity at this point
i'll admit i maybe played a bit seriously. i dont see this as a bad thing tho. if i hadnt i wouldnt have ended in top 30 (or so) in a random gal. my gal was WoE tagged, and i got some attacks from other WoE gals. kinda shocked me that they would attack their own, be it beta or not, trust should not be broken at any time in my book.
but from the 4-5 attacks from major people i got pulled off i learned something about combats too - simply by running their fleet thru a battle calc. simply scanning other people can give ya good knowledge about combats as well, as u would be able to do many more with no risk. and when u do attack, u can test weather target will run from that fleet, or stay and maybe get some losses. its all part of the game...
i dont know what im talking about

/me salutes Bashar
r4 - no know
r5 - no know
r6 - no know
r7 - no know
r8 - no
r9 - no
r9.5 - wont reveal while im playing - wont remember when im not...
SantaClaws04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2003, 18:58   #24
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
The previous round was closer to actual testing, though the universe was tiny, and most testers lost interest after the first day (or even a matter of hours).

Still, sending recall mails (and hate mails or whatever) is just silly. It makes me wish for betas of old, where Oreo would tell them to "**** off" and delete/reset their planet.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2003, 19:43   #25
SantaClaws04

so i should go happily into death without fighting?
and anyways i didnt actually expect the targets to recall since i wasnt WoE (or any other alliance for that matter), and i was ready to die
my captain will go down with his ship - and its only a beta anyways... but that doesnt mean the captain will go down without at least trying to fight
r4 - no know
r5 - no know
r6 - no know
r7 - no know
r8 - no
r9 - no
Unread 24 Feb 2003, 19:45   #26
Telest
Agitator

Telest is an unknown quantity at this point
Nothing wrong with the classic "Hey, we are allies, why are you attacking us?"

Abusive mails are, of course, a different matter.

I can't think that anyone seriously imagined a beta like this one could be used for stats testing, without people knowing the stats and the ticks being too slow (if people are too bored to be around to play, with 2/3 people per galaxy online, the results are just not realistic).

One free tip from the beta: make sure that after all 10 people have joined the galaxy that you elect the GC after that, my galaxy didn't get the GC/minister bonuses for about first 40 ticks until we had some re-elections.
Telest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Feb 2003, 00:53   #27
Bashar
Idle Git

Quote:
Originally posted by SantaClaws04
i'll admit i maybe played a bit seriously. i dont see this as a bad thing tho. if i hadnt i wouldnt have ended in top 30 (or so) in a random gal. my gal was WoE tagged, and i got some attacks from other WoE gals. kinda shocked me that they would attack their own, be it beta or not, trust should not be broken at any time in my book.
but from the 4-5 attacks from major people i got pulled off i learned something about combats too - simply by running their fleet thru a battle calc. simply scanning other people can give ya good knowledge about combats as well, as u would be able to do many more with no risk. and when u do attack, u can test weather target will run from that fleet, or stay and maybe get some losses. its all part of the game...
i dont know what im talking about

/me salutes Bashar
Hehe, you did great

The sort of player everyone wants to fill their gal with, and I enjoyed my time with you in the beta, I had fun, hope you did too!
Unread 26 Feb 2003, 09:47   #28
Lerxst
baka.

Lerxst is an unknown quantity at this point
Personal insulting and threaten other ppl with "I'll make you get kicked out of you ally if you land" in beta is just too pathetic to be true... If some "p3ons" behave this way it's sad. If HCs act like that it's just plain ridiculous.
Unread 26 Feb 2003, 12:20   #29
RealJames
Retired at the top

RealJames is infamous around these parts
I played the beta on the WoE side to meet a few people and get to know my new allies. I got my fleet wiped like three times and I didn't care. tbh if people keep whining like this I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see another free open beta.

Grow up fs.

Quote:
Originally posted by xtothez
It was -2 in the beta.
I noticed that. I do hope the creators did too.

"That's what the internet's for - slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards, J&SBSB
RealJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Feb 2003, 13:10   #30
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
ITS AS IMPORTANT AS #ALLCOMP OMG IT TESTS THE TRUE ALLIANCE SKILLLLLZ!!!!1!1!!

....yes
Tomkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Feb 2003, 13:20   #31
RealJames
Retired at the top

RealJames is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Tomkat
ITS AS IMPORTANT AS #ALLCOMP OMG IT TESTS THE TRUE ALLIANCE SKILLLLLZ!!!!1!1!!

....yes
lol

"That's what the internet's for - slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards, J&SBSB
RealJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 08:25   #32
Petru
mefs

Petru is an unknown quantity at this point
That was a server test, not a gamplay/balance beta.

Nothing more.

Stat testing/balance was done with a small team a few days before. Large scale play testing wasn't deemed much of a necessity, but could be done anyway in the load test.

But in essence, it WAS just a load/stress test, hence why there was no involvement really from our side. If anyone in HQ decided half way through to try and make something useful of it, I imagine again that it was for load reasons, ie large fleet numbers etc - not game balance.

There are always people who take things too seriously, who treat any form of testing as personal speed rounds or alliance playgrounds. No matter what you do, whether you take a random selection or hand pick every man jack of them, they always get in somehow. Just pity them, nothing else

Username: HobbieRogue4
Password: ****petru

I was 'angry' a lot back then. :/
Petru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 08:28   #33
Petru
mefs

Re: Beta "testing" !?!?

Quote:
Originally posted by MelAn
[i]- banning ppl from private server for doing seriouse testing & not caring about "We are WoE" ( we are all nap'ed et cetera) *cough* Sakera *cough*
If this part is true, then jesus Sakera, go get laid or something, but lighten the fk up.

Unread 27 Feb 2003, 10:59   #34
SantaClaws04

Quote:
Originally posted by Petru
That was a server test, not a gamplay/balance beta.
the fact that bugs were found and stats werent released till after beta had been going on for a few days makes me think otherwise actually...
people play for different reasons, some for testing fleet setups, some maybe to find bugs, some to win, some just to do it - i dont care how people play - i play my way, and i dont think anyone should care. stop the bitching about people's playstyle, please.
r4 - no know
r5 - no know
r6 - no know
r7 - no know
r8 - no
r9 - no
Unread 27 Feb 2003, 21:30   #35
Petru
mefs

Quote:
Originally posted by SantaClaws04
the fact that bugs were found and stats werent released till after beta had been going on for a few days makes me think otherwise actually...
people play for different reasons, some for testing fleet setups, some maybe to find bugs, some to win, some just to do it - i dont care how people play - i play my way, and i dont think anyone should care. stop the bitching about people's playstyle, please.
Stats weren't released because they just hadn't been written up yet. And because there was no intention of releasing them purely for the delight of the 580 power players within the 600 randomly picked players.

The stats released were no different than those finalised a week before, trust me, I think I can speak with a bit of authority on this

Unread 28 Feb 2003, 03:16   #36
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
The main reasons I played were...
1) I was having PA withdrawal symptoms. WHAT? Don't you all try and deny you're not a crappy loser like myself.
2) I was bored. And PA beta beat having a wank. Well. Beat having a 5th wank that night.
Tomkat is offline   Reply With Quote