User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 9 Mar 2016, 06:32   #1
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice
Teamviewer and Co - Workaround

Good day everyone.
Here is a suggestion to make the usage of teamviewer and other programms like that impossible. At least in my little world....

Every account is connected to 1 mobile number. Whenever you sent a fleet, be it defence or offence you get smsed/whatsapped/telegrammed a code.
Only if you sent that code back from your mobile number, the fleet gets launched.

Now i am no techie, and i am confident there can be some technical workaround to enable cheating again.
But maybe that workaround is a little bit harder to work out/use.

Discuss please

"It´s not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2016, 07:08   #2
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of
Re: Teamviewer and Co - Workaround

What if you don't have a mobile phone number? Not everyone has one. You cannot change the game to make a mobile a requirement when it isn't a mobile app game in the first place.

I'm highly skeptical that Team Viewer has even been used and if it has then is it any worse than the VNC days of rounds 30-50. We didn't change the game to remove this 'cheat' which was openly used so why change it to hamper a program that we aren't even sure is used.

We're probably at the point now in the merry go round of allegations and rebuttals where the whole matter should be dropped until actual evidence is provided to the community or there is a comment/announcement from PA team, otherwise this thread will just turn into the AD one.

One side says it happened but refuse to prove it, even though they have evidence to back up what they claim (allegedly) and the other side say they didn't and are asking for the proof to show they did. It's a stalemate so stop poking the bear.
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2016, 07:28   #3
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0RPH3US View Post
Good day everyone.
Here is a suggestion to make the usage of teamviewer and other programms like that impossible. At least in my little world....

Every account is connected to 1 mobile number. Whenever you sent a fleet, be it defence or offence you get smsed/whatsapped/telegrammed a code.
Only if you sent that code back from your mobile number, the fleet gets launched.

Now i am no techie, and i am confident there can be some technical workaround to enable cheating again.

Discuss please
/me sees the price of his PA account multiply by 10. Besides it's fairly easy to integrate SMS services in irc bots so it wouldn't solve anything

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2016, 07:35   #4
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

VNC has always been a part of PA, and always will be a part of PA.
Its not a big widespread problem. Some gals are probly still using it, but in the bigger picture it does not matter much.

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2016, 07:44   #5
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
VNC has always been a part of PA, and always will be a part of PA.
Its not a big widespread problem. Some gals are probly still using it, but in the bigger picture it does not matter much.
Is Team viewer more widely used? Is it even used? As you say VNC has always been used and it's cheating but it's OK in your eyes? So it's OK to cheat in one way but not another?
Unread 9 Mar 2016, 07:58   #6
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
Is Team viewer more widely used? Is it even used? As you say VNC has always been used and it's cheating but it's OK in your eyes? So it's OK to cheat in one way but not another?
Correct me if im wrong, teamviewer is a VNC program?

Unread 9 Mar 2016, 08:03   #7
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

The way the accusers explained it Team viewer allows you access to someone else's PC screen whereas VNC would allow you to log on to someone else's account from your PC without theirs being on.
Unread 9 Mar 2016, 08:12   #8
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
The way the accusers explained it Team viewer allows you access to someone else's PC screen whereas VNC would allow you to log on to someone else's account from your PC without theirs being on.
Who am i joking lol. Why am i even asking you.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_Network_Computing

I would strongly recommend you to stay out of any discussion on these forums, as you clearly dont have the historical knowledge, or anything else wich would make your opionions meaningfull to any discussion regarding anything.

VNC has been used for hiding account sharing since the very start of planetarion. Its hardly any shocking news if any of the top gals would be accused of this today.
Your computer, if your running windows, is comming pre-equipted with a VNC program, and people have been using this for a long long time.
You cant detect it, so its impossibole to get closed for using this form of cheating. All the "solutions" how to get rid of this problem is much like the one M0 suggested, just not doable.
It is a community responsibility to get rid of this, if the Ultores DCs has noticed anything fishy going on, they should name and shame the members using it, so we can exclude em from teh community for the time being.

Unread 9 Mar 2016, 08:12   #9
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Bots can send and receive SMSes.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2016, 09:00   #10
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
Who am i joking lol. Why am i even asking you.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_Network_Computing

I would strongly recommend you to stay out of any discussion on these forums, as you clearly dont have the historical knowledge, or anything else wich would make your opionions meaningfull to any discussion regarding anything.

VNC has been used for hiding account sharing since the very start of planetarion. Its hardly any shocking news if any of the top gals would be accused of this today.
Your computer, if your running windows, is comming pre-equipted with a VNC program, and people have been using this for a long long time.
You cant detect it, so its impossibole to get closed for using this form of cheating. All the "solutions" how to get rid of this problem is much like the one M0 suggested, just not doable.
It is a community responsibility to get rid of this, if the Ultores DCs has noticed anything fishy going on, they should name and shame the members using it, so we can exclude em from teh community for the time being.
No you are right I didn't know they were the same, I was under the impression they were different. The bit after made no sense (I have no idea what the Roman's have to do with vncs)

What puzzles me is in your first post you say VNC isn't a big problem and doesn't matter, giving the impression you are OK with the use of it. You then in your last post say it's not OK and the community should get rid of it. These seem like conflicting opinions. Also you said in the AD post that TeamViewer cheats should be banned but then explain that TeamViewer and VNC are the same thing and that VNC are OK.

Please clarify your position
Unread 9 Mar 2016, 09:03   #11
Munkee
Dictator

Munkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to behold

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/help/3...viewer-and-vnc
Munkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2016, 09:48   #12
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
No you are right I didn't know they were the same, I was under the impression they were different. The bit after made no sense (I have no idea what the Roman's have to do with vncs)

What puzzles me is in your first post you say VNC isn't a big problem and doesn't matter, giving the impression you are OK with the use of it. You then in your last post say it's not OK and the community should get rid of it. These seem like conflicting opinions. Also you said in the AD post that TeamViewer cheats should be banned but then explain that TeamViewer and VNC are the same thing and that VNC are OK.

Please clarify your position
The usual suspect of "VNC" users would be titghtly knotted groups of maybe 5 people at most.
They will use it for gal def, live launching attacks, recalling fleets and what not.
If im not wrong, this has been the case for the alledged VNC users in Ultores aswell, and by trying to expand their monkey buisniss further someone that did not want to play with VNC was invited into the gang, and told the rest of the community.
Most of the alliances out there is using SMS/whatsapp/calling for gathering defence fleets, and if someone who is suppose to be asleep suddently wakes up night after night when theyve not been called/smsed, and send their defence fleets people will get suspicious. So a widespread use of VNC on a allie level is more or less impossibole to manage without getting caught by someone.

If that dosnt clarify my position on it:
a: MHs cant detect VNC use
b: All the suggestions wich ive heard wont solve the problem.

Last edited by BloodyButcher; 9 Mar 2016 at 09:56.
Unread 9 Mar 2016, 09:50   #13
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkee View Post
Basicly thats saying that "OUR VNC SOLUTION IS EASIER AND BETTER".
MSN messenger even had a VNC built into it back in the early 2000ish

Unread 9 Mar 2016, 09:50   #14
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

eksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher
If im not wrong, this has been the case for the VNC users in Ultores aswell, and by trying to expand their monkey buisniss further someone that did not want to play with VNC was invited into the gang, and told the rest of the community.
Do share what you know pal, we have no idea about any of this
eksero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2016, 09:55   #15
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by eksero View Post
Do share what you know pal, we have no idea about any of this
Sorry for my wording, was meant to be saying like "alleged" VNC users or something.
Forgot to add it

Unread 9 Mar 2016, 12:05   #16
fortran

fortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the rough

No search for safeness should kill the game.
Unread 9 Mar 2016, 12:13   #17
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

I do agree what m0rpheus is saying .... I would either somehow neutralise the disadvantage or give all the same advantage. I do like the new implimentation of the ally def fleet access introduced for the new round. I would certainly welcome this feature for ingal also.
Unread 9 Mar 2016, 13:20   #18
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
I do agree what m0rpheus is saying .... I would either somehow neutralise the disadvantage or give all the same advantage. I do like the new implimentation of the ally def fleet access introduced for the new round. I would certainly welcome this feature for ingal also.
What will this do to the stats?
Looking at the ones at xmas server, they cant be runned with this feature enabled.

Unread 9 Mar 2016, 13:47   #19
Joepys

Joepys will become famous soon enoughJoepys will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0RPH3US View Post
Good day everyone.

Discuss please
I really agree on your thoughts here, and did think about this a few years ago. The technology didnt stop evolving and there are alot of options at hand.

Main problem is that it will cost alot of time and money to change the game, and we all know nobody is going to invest anythin in PA. They dont even invest time / money in making a normal app for Andriod / IOS (which should have been done like 4 years ago). I guess there is some1 that might make a little bit of money on PA atm, but clearly not enough to invest in it.

[HA]
[P3ng]
[FANG]
[Vikings]
[Faceless]
Joepys is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2016, 13:48   #20
ReaperSix
Anti-Paperboy

ReaperSix is just really niceReaperSix is just really niceReaperSix is just really niceReaperSix is just really niceReaperSix is just really nice

Quote:
Looking at the ones at xmas server, they cant be runned with this feature enabled.
*ran

I thought you retired.
ReaperSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2016, 14:27   #21
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperSix View Post
*ran

I thought you retired.
indeed i did.

Unread 9 Mar 2016, 15:06   #22
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't fully woke up yet, so will someone please explain Teamviewer. I've never heard of it.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2016, 15:13   #23
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
IF the stats are defensive then it will be harder to land in short
Unread 9 Mar 2016, 16:28   #24
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
IF the stats are defensive then it will be harder to land in short
R63 the average player sent out 35 defence fleets on a whole round.
R64 around 40.

This is WITHOUT the option where one person can guide all the defence fleets in the tag.
Who ever suggested this change this obviously has not thought this through.
Yeah, maybe Ultores def wont get much better than it allready is, but all the other less dedicated alliances will suddently be able to def much more efficient.
Wich means that the p3ng/ND/CT/FL blocks will not only target Ult, but big blocks will start targetting all the other alliances aswell, as they cant be soloed.

Unread 9 Mar 2016, 16:52   #25
ReaperSix
Anti-Paperboy

ReaperSix is just really niceReaperSix is just really niceReaperSix is just really niceReaperSix is just really niceReaperSix is just really nice

Quote:
R63 the average player sent out 35 defence fleets on a whole round.
R64 around 40.

This is WITHOUT the option where one person can guide all the defence fleets in the tag.
Who ever suggested this change this obviously has not thought this through.
Yeah, maybe Ultores def wont get much better than it allready is, but all the other less dedicated alliances will suddently be able to def much more efficient.
Wich means that the p3ng/ND/CT/FL blocks will not only target Ult, but big blocks will start targetting all the other alliances aswell, as they cant be soloed.
Source of these numbers? Did you factor in the population change and style change? Or that Ult was a defensive shell half the round which would put an average higher.
Unread 9 Mar 2016, 17:19   #26
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future

you cant prevent the use of VNC, RDP, Teamviewer... you have to hope people have morals and that they will do the right thing.... nae chance!
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
[DDK]gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2016, 17:22   #27
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DDK]gm View Post
you cant prevent the use of VNC, RDP, Teamviewer... you have to hope people have morals and that they will do the right thing.... nae chance!
Is that speaking from experience?
Unread 9 Mar 2016, 17:45   #28
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Source of these numbers? Did you factor in the population change and style change? Or that Ult was a defensive shell half the round which would put an average higher.
http://beta.planetarion.com/history/...?id=1&round=63
http://beta.planetarion.com/history/...?id=1&round=64

Unread 9 Mar 2016, 17:46   #29
fortran

fortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the rough

If there are working hours available to work on an anti-cheat like the one used in CS, that can work in every gadget, I would suggest to build a PA app first.
Unread 9 Mar 2016, 18:15   #30
ReaperSix
Anti-Paperboy

Holding Population at 600 to even out the rounds even though these numbers mean nothing.

R63: 40.25
R64: 44.83
R65: 39.96

Now I still don't see your point. Alliances will still be able to land solo on other alliances. This effects one fleet that can only get recalled by the player. I can see a lot of fleets getting wasted. Why do you think this will have such a negative implication?
Unread 9 Mar 2016, 18:15   #31
ReaperSix
Anti-Paperboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortran View Post
If there are working hours available to work on an anti-cheat like the one used in CS, that can work in every gadget, I would suggest to build a PA app first.
I've been wanting a PA app for ages, only way to bring in a good flow of new players but I doubt it will be done.
Unread 9 Mar 2016, 18:39   #32
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Holding Population at 600 to even out the rounds even though these numbers mean nothing.

R63: 40.25
R64: 44.83
R65: 39.96

Now I still don't see your point. Alliances will still be able to land solo on other alliances. This effects one fleet that can only get recalled by the player. I can see a lot of fleets getting wasted. Why do you think this will have such a negative implication?
population? wtf we on now?
I just added up all the fleets from the top alliances, and divided it on their members?

Unread 9 Mar 2016, 18:47   #33
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future

Quote:
Is that speaking from experience?
Yes, i have a degree in computer science, 10+ years experience in IT where we used such applications. you can block it via firewalls but from a PA point of view, there is nothing they can do.
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
[DDK]gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2016, 19:09   #34
ReaperSix
Anti-Paperboy

Quote:
population? wtf we on now?
I just added up all the fleets from the top alliances, and divided it on their members?
Or you could aggregate all the def fleets sent by planet. Hold population to 600 players to even out the fluctuations between round. Yours neglects def sent ingal to non ally and Players who aren't allied as well as other things.

Repeating my question: Now I still don't see your point. Alliances will still be able to land solo on other alliances. This effects one fleet that can only get recalled by the player. I can see a lot of fleets getting wasted. Why do you think this will have such a negative implication?
Unread 9 Mar 2016, 19:40   #35
Zeke

Zeke is on a distinguished road

If the game required mobile # attached to an account there would be 50% player less, because all multies are dead xD So i'm all in for it. If we have a functioning app it shouldnt be a problem :P
Zeke is offline   Reply With Quote