User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 6 Aug 2007, 22:03   #11
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Premiership Predictions 2007/2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Edit: Pig's irrationally wild optimism about aston villa all the time really makes me put him down as the stereotypical english football fan. That and the fact I reckon he's eaten more pie than I could fit in my bedroom.
Well last season we finished 11th, we had a few problems, lack of pre season, the team didn't have time to gel, a fairly weak squad in terms of ability and we were hit by a couple of injuries.

Last seven games we finished on a high, winning five and drawing two (something like that).

We were 6 points off making it into Europe. Our problem was not the fact that we lost games, it was the fact that we failed to convert draws into wins. If we managed that we could have even gone as far as challenging for 6th/5th place.

You can mock Villa, every football fan does.

Sunderland have the Keane factor. Big wow. The championship is a fairly piss poor league. Good to watch, but quality lacks. They still have a shit squad compared to most. I fail to see how they will impress. Keane is a bastard, he will motivate his players but at the end of the day other sides may just be a bit too good for them.

Birmingham City will go straight back down.

Same with Derby.

West Ham only stayed up because of Tevez. He has now gone. None of West Hams signings are particularly fantastic. I don't really think I would want any of them apart from that french chap who joined.

Newcastle. They have done very little. One minute glimpses of greatness, next shitness. As always they are a rollercoaster team. I wish them luck, really I do, but their squad is still looking a bit shit.

Man City. Oh dear. Spunk 40 million on players you watched on youtube. Give them a week to gel, then get them to play premiership football. I think they will have an ascendancy, then they will start slipping into mid table, relegation zone.

Fulham, interesting buys, but I just don't think they are strong enough.

Boro, not a good enough team. They lost Viduka, didnt get smith in, and if they lose Yakubu they are bummed.

Bolton are losin their best players. Sammy Lee seems like a coach not a manager. Taking that step up is never a good idea.

Wigan, I am fairly confident Chris Hutchings has the ability to get Wigan relegated by christmas.

Villa compared to these teams.

We are stronger. We have the best manager out of all those clubs. I find it hard how any of you can dispute that point.

O'Neill is building a young, exciting team. Buying English. He isn't willing to spunk 10 million on some italian. He would rather spunk 10 on a british player. I would rather want that as well.

We beat Inter Milan 3-0 in pre season, we looked good against Stoke, Columbus and Toronto and come Liverpool on Saturday I am feeling optimistic.

We are missing a right back, a goalkeeper would be nice, maybe another left back and hey if we can why not another winger. We have things going the right way. I know it's fashionable to laugh at villa, but we really aren't as bad as everyone makes it.