User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 18 Sep 2003, 03:48   #1
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
The Way My Mind Works

Saw something about 'Underworld' on the TV the other night and it got me thinking.

"If a vampire was caught in the act of killing someone (by say a Judge and a priest ie two very trustworthy accounts) and the person who the Vampire was feeding on died would the Vampire be charged with murder (like a human would be) OR Would the Vampire be dealt with the same way a dangerous animal would be (ie put down)?"

I don't know which way it would go because technically Vampires aren't human and as such the law doesn't apply to them (i dont think anyway).

However they are sentinent creatures with the power of thought etc so maybe they would be dealt with like a human.

THIS IS THE KIND OF QUESTION WHICH KEEPS ME AWAKE AT NIGHT!

Anyone got an answer?
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 04:02   #2
Plastic-Wrap
Guilty of being White

Plastic-Wrap is an unknown quantity at this point
Who the feck is going to put the vampire in place anyways???
<ckx> and they get all bitchy
<ckx> "I"M ONLY 13, I'M ONLY 13!!!"
Plastic-Wrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 04:03   #3
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of
Exclamation

are you sure vampires are technically not human anymore? vampire is a type of homosapien isnt it?
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 04:49   #4
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation

Technically, vampires are already dead and you can't be charged with killing someone who's already dead. However, abusing a dead body is also a crime. The reason vampires are always killed out of hand is just to avoid these sorts of legal conundrums. This may seem harsh but, really, it's the only way.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 05:15   #5
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by Tactitus
Technically, vampires are already dead and you can't be charged with killing someone who's already dead. However, abusing a dead body is also a crime. The reason vampires are always killed out of hand is just to avoid these sorts of legal conundrums. This may seem harsh but, really, it's the only way.
not really sure that makes sense, the vampires themselves are dead, but their victims were not (vampires have to drink the blood of a living person) so they have committed a crime.
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 09:12   #6
Cynical Oracle
Poster Professionale

Cynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really nice
This one will do wonderous things in the future Jim. Take my word for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
I wish we could trademark for a less shitty poster
hahahahahahaha, get it?
Cynical Oracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 10:12   #7
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
well the vampire always has the option of turning the victim into another vampire or a zombie, so at the worst it could be a case of assault.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 10:16   #8
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future
Vampires dont fking exist, so its pointless debating it.
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 10:19   #9
endokuken
Banned

endokuken is an unknown quantity at this point
DACE IN MOLESTING PAEDO VAMPIRES SHOCKAR!!!!111122222##
endokuken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 11:34   #10
Cynical Oracle
Poster Professionale

Cynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by endokuken
DACE IN MOLESTING PAEDO VAMPIRES SHOCKAR!!!!111122222##
This is not a shocker at all, actually.

Quote:
hahahahahahaha, get it?
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 11:39   #11
endokuken
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Cynical Oracle
This is not a shocker at all, actually.

I know, I got bored
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 12:02   #12
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice
Would you charge someone of shooting a person wearing a flak jacket with murder if the jacket saved their life?
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 12:20   #13
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Quote:
Originally posted by Cmdr_Cyrax
Would you charge someone of shooting a person wearing a flak jacket with murder if the jacket saved their life?
ATTEMPTED MURDER!

(dispel vampire +5)
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 12:22   #14
Cynical Oracle
Poster Professionale

Silver bullets against vampires.

(Of vampireslaying +15)

Quote:
hahahahahahaha, get it?
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 12:25   #15
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
I knew I'd attract some fellow idiot by typing the magic words.
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 12:27   #16
Cynical Oracle
Poster Professionale

I'll smoke weed.

(Apathy medicine +5)

Quote:
hahahahahahaha, get it?
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 12:27   #17
endokuken
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Tietäjä
I knew I'd attract some fellow idiot by typing the magic words.

Lightning Bolt?? ++++2?????????
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 15:08   #18
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice
*plants flag*

I claim this thread in honour of RP
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 15:37   #19
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
The thing is, the vampire surely would have some magic powers and jubbadubbadoo. And nobody wants to be caught, so he/she/it would probably just eat the police/prison guards and so on.
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 15:45   #20
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation

It would obviously rest on whether the vampire was classed for legal purposes as human and alive. Which they almost certainly would be.

Anyway, if vampires existed then you would get plenty of immediate legislation and/or legal precedent clearing this up so that the vampire was classed as equal to a living human if not toally so for legal purposes.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 16:35   #21
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
How British, how Legastic. The real question is what long term r&ocirc;le vampires will play in our society or in fact if there is any role at all. I do not see how vampires can be part of a modern nation. They do not share any of our values. To let a vampire live is to allow hundreds of humans to die.
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 16:47   #22

guest is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Cynical Oracle
Silver bullets against vampires.

(Of vampireslaying +15)
Silver bullets are infact the bane of werewolves not vampires.
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 16:47   #23
Bob The Scutter
Annoying Robot Thing

Bob The Scutter is an unknown quantity at this point
even though i do think your question Dace, is a very good one that could have many answers...

why the **** are we talking about a non existant being???

*edit* unless everyone here is stoned, id let you off then :P... /me smokes some weed to get in the swing of things
Bob The Scutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 17:15   #24
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

Quote:
Originally posted by queball
How British, how Legastic. The real question is what long term r&ocirc;le vampires will play in our society or in fact if there is any role at all. I do not see how vampires can be part of a modern nation. They do not share any of our values. To let a vampire live is to allow hundreds of humans to die.
obviouly you have never seen blade. vampires can be good guys too! i see a role in maybe nighttime security or something (because of course they cant work during the day)
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 17:37   #25
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place
could the mods please put this thread in the correct forum.

ta.

ps: they are claerly protected by an endangered species act or somesuch.
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 17:50   #26
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Quote:
Originally posted by queball

But then, how to kill a vampire? I mean, not like the buffy ones (too easy) or the blade ones (easy), but a real bad ass muthafukka that's out for your blood?

I mean, they clearly 0wnZZ us, in the worst skriptkiddy vs grandmother way!
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 18:03   #27
Matrim
fascinated by bridges!

Matrim is an unknown quantity at this point
Return of the Vampire! Mercuful Fate fans to me!

Serously though that was a silly question dace.

Matrim
Unread 19 Sep 2003, 02:29   #28
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Matrim
Serously though that was a silly question dace.

lies.

I also haven't had a satisfactory answer to my question.

However leading on from the "They would be tried as humans" approach:

Vampires are supposed to be un-dead so even if they are classed as human do dead humans have any rights?

Could these rights (if they exist ... i'm thinking maybe protection against desecration or something) be used by a very skillful lawyer to get a Vampire off any charge (ie cant store a dead body for more than X number of days in a Prison ???)?

There are lots more questions in my head but i shall leave it at that for now.
Unread 19 Sep 2003, 02:59   #29
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
By any reasonable definition of life, vampires are alive. They may be undead, in the sense that they're reanimated former humans who died, but then they ARE alive. In fact, under most law they would probably be human, and under stricter laws than average humans (due to their added letal abilities, under some laws people trained in martial arts etc are held to higher standards of restraint etc). Whether it would be murder or not would depend on whether the victim was turned or not. It would certainly be assault, tho I'm not sure the victim would press charges.
Unread 19 Sep 2003, 03:29   #30
meaple
Pretend Faggot

meaple is a jewel in the roughmeaple is a jewel in the roughmeaple is a jewel in the roughmeaple is a jewel in the rough
why is this RP thread here?

[ ripper ] I told u I was hardcore
meaple is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2003, 03:50   #31
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by meaple
why is this RP thread here?
There's a difference between asking and debating "what if" scenarios, and playing and acting them out.