User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 20 Aug 2003, 17:10   #1
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place
Bush's Resolve Lost

Quote:
Recent Events Cause Bush To Lose Resolve

by RICHARD W. STEVENSON

Crawford, Tex., Aug 20 - President Bush spoke to a small group of reporters this morning, noting that, among other things, his resolve seemed to be slipping. "I just can't help feeling that I'm losing my resolve here." Said Bush, early in the unplanned address. This would appear to be a major shift for the administration, which had previously noted in all speeches and public statements, from tax relief to education to Iraq, that a loss of resolve was unlikely at best.

Bush cited the recent bombings in Iraq, Israel, and Afghanistan as part, but not all, of the problem. "They are definitely a contributing cause, but not all of it. I don't know anymore. Maybe I misjudgified the demands of this office, or maybe it's just been a really rough year. But despite my best efforts, there are still evildoers doing evil out there. There are still taxes on the rich. There is no oil being pumped out of ANWR yet. Sometimes I just have to ask myself, does any of what I do make a difference? Many Americans are still smoking tha' reefer, the negro race is still free, and the faggots and sodomites are still faggoting and sodomizing. Maybe no one listens to me; I don't rightly know. And I have to admit that I'm beginning to be a little skeptical of this whole 'God' concept, how can I be sure it's not all bull?" The years of incumbency were clearly weighing on him greatly.

Bush finished his statement by saying that he was unsure what this meant for the future of his administration. "I don't know anymore. But something has simply got to give, because this is really killing me." said the president before walking out.

Press-secretary Scott McClellan later clarified Bush's statement, noting that by "losing" Bush meant "finding", and by "[his] resolve" was meant "the will to keep on fighting for American values."
It's all here.

I never thought I'd see the day.
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Aug 2003, 17:15   #2
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation

I wouldn't be all that surprised if he actually had, since I would assume that if you come in with fatally flawed world views, and policies and expectations that are ridiculously immature, then your resolve will probably slip pretty early.

Although mabye it's a sort of 'arrogance of ignorance' thing.

Where the hell did you get that from, anyway? It's not really all that funny, and it isn't exactly original.

Last edited by Marilyn Manson; 20 Aug 2003 at 17:24.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Aug 2003, 17:16   #3
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
I took it seriously until I read this bit:

Quote:
Maybe I misjudgified the demands of this office,
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Aug 2003, 17:19   #4
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation

I just saw this on the BBC's 'latest news' thingy:

'Hutton Inquiry adjourned for the day'

IT'S THAT EXCITING, KIDS!
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Aug 2003, 17:23   #5
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place
Quote:
Originally posted by Marilyn Manson
I wouldn't be all that surprised if he actually had, since I would assume that if you come in with fatally flawed world views and policies and expectations that are ridiculously immature, then your resolve will probably slip pretty early.
You'd think so. And the world can only hope.

Quote:
Originally posted by Marilyn Manson
Where the hell did you get that from, anyway? It's not really all that funny, and it isn't exactly original.
Wrote it. Sorry. I'll try harder next time. It was kind of intended as "onion-style" though, so interpret in that light. Though the onion is kinder crap so that might be a ****e direction to start from.

Quote:
Originally posted by ChubbyChecker
I took it seriously until I read this bit:
I could have walked the narrow line of plausibility, but then it would have just been boring. It's tough to know exactly how far to go.

Last edited by acropolis; 20 Aug 2003 at 17:45.
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Aug 2003, 18:16   #6
Matrim
fascinated by bridges!

Matrim is an unknown quantity at this point
Hehe. Poor Bush.

He's got my support now.

Matrim
Unread 30 Aug 2003, 22:58   #7
DavinBrahm

DavinBrahm is an unknown quantity at this point
How sad the crying liberals will be when he is re-elected.
DavinBrahm is offline   Reply With Quote