User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 22 Jul 2003, 19:23   #1
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice
Who else thinks this is bollocks?

Ffs

What were they suposed to be doing in the same building in an occupied country?

Either it's an American propoganda wank, or these two are very very ****.
Unread 22 Jul 2003, 19:36   #2
inf
Banned

inf is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Who else thinks this is bollocks?

Quote:
Originally posted by Cmdr_Cyrax
Ffs

it's hardly conclusive, and from historical argument; they will be proven wrong.
inf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jul 2003, 19:50   #3
Add

Add will become famous soon enoughAdd will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Details of the raid remain sketchy but it is understood that, following a tip-off, about 200 US soldiers surrounded a large house belonging to a local tribal leader.

A four-hour gun fight ensued and the house was destroyed. The bodies of four Iraqis were then recovered.
Unread 22 Jul 2003, 19:57   #4
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place
Quote:
Ffs

i don't get what you are saying:/

Quote:
Originally posted by Add
there were some that were just injured and arrested too.

no us deaths is the important thing.

PS: I'll put money down that it's them

Last edited by acropolis; 22 Jul 2003 at 21:12.
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jul 2003, 20:40   #5
G_frog
Look over there!

G_frog is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm sure reliable information will be forthcoming in one of the military-vetted reports from journalists embedded in units selected by the military.

yes-sirree!

P.S. Did you hear that the Marines risked life and limb to rescue a US soldier from an iraqi hospital... OF DEATH?

(like quentin tarantino, i don't 'do' subtle)
Unread 22 Jul 2003, 21:07   #6
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place
I am the right.

Quote:
U.S. Commander Is Certain Hussein's Sons Were Killed
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

AGHDAD, Iraq (AP) -- Saddam Hussein's sons Odai and Qusai were killed in a six-hour firefight Tuesday when U.S. forces surrounded and then stormed a palatial villa in this northern Iraqi town, a senior American general said.

"We are certain that Odai and Qusai were killed today," said Lt. Gen. Ricardo Sanchez at a news conference in Baghdad.
That's the entire piece. I caught the wire before they had made an article:

Hmmm.
Unread 22 Jul 2003, 21:13   #7
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts
http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/...ons/index.html
Unread 22 Jul 2003, 21:16   #8
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

Next question being obviously "did whoever that was get his $30M?"
Unread 22 Jul 2003, 22:14   #9
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place
hey i just heard my uncle jamal from mosul won the iraqi lottery.
Nusselt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jul 2003, 22:42   #10
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice
So it wasn't bollocks then. In which case I have to ask who else thinks it was momentuously stupid of them to put themselves in such danger?
Unread 22 Jul 2003, 22:53   #11
Matrim
fascinated by bridges!

Matrim is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
So it wasn't bollocks then. In which case I have to ask who else thinks it was momentuously stupid of them to put themselves in such danger?

You don't understand brilliant strategy, do you?

Let's look into the minds of the US "Seekers of Sons of Saddam" team.

They would think: "To be sure, the Saddam Sons are surely hiding well apart, so lets not investigate any reports we get on them being together in a building."

Since the sons knew this they thought: "What's the last thing they'll look for? - yes! us two, hiding together!" And there you have it.

So it looks like they were discovered by a some kind of accident, maybe a computer broke down or something.

Matrim
Unread 22 Jul 2003, 23:39   #12
Chojin
Muslim Jr.

Chojin is an unknown quantity at this point
This of course is terrible news for the Democrats, which makes it good news for thinking people.
Chojin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jul 2003, 23:52   #13
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by Matrim
So it looks like they were discovered by a some kind of accident, maybe a computer broke down or something.
Never underestimate the power of a multimillion dollar reward.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jul 2003, 23:58   #14
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
Originally posted by Tactitus
Never underestimate the power of a multimillion dollar reward.
Did you know you have a blog?
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jul 2003, 00:01   #15
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by queball
Did you know you have a blog?
Different name.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jul 2003, 00:07   #16
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
Originally posted by Tactitus
Different name.
D'oh. :-/
Unread 23 Jul 2003, 00:19   #17
Chojin
Muslim Jr.

Quote:
Originally posted by Nusselt
hey i just heard my uncle jamal from mosul won the iraqi lottery.
I just got this and I LOLed. Hard.
Unread 23 Jul 2003, 04:19   #18
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
i'll remain slightly skeptic until the dna tests are done
if sadam can have body doubles.. why can't his sons?

i mean really (if they were smart and this really happened)
how do you get the US to stop looking for you? make them think you're dead!
Unread 23 Jul 2003, 04:58   #19
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Aryn
i'll remain slightly skeptic until the dna tests are done
if sadam can have body doubles.. why can't his sons?
You do know we don't have dna on file for these people, right?

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jul 2003, 05:10   #20
queball
Ball

Quote:
Originally posted by Mirai
DNA tests can test for genetic relationship. Combined with the visual identification this will leave only bizarre alternatives such as long lost twins...

http://msnbc.com/news/942477.asp?0sl=-22&cp1=1
Unread 23 Jul 2003, 11:07   #21
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society
well rag heads are stupid, you never know.
Unread 23 Jul 2003, 15:07   #22
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

Quote:
Originally posted by Chojin
This of course is terrible news for the Democrats, which makes it good news for thinking people.
YES FINALLY WE HAVE OUR HANDS ON SOME PEOPLE THAT VERY LIKELY KNOW SADDAM'S WHEREABOUTS
Unread 24 Jul 2003, 00:14   #23
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by acropolis
YES FINALLY WE HAVE OUR HANDS ON SOME PEOPLE THAT VERY LIKELY KNOW SADDAM'S WHEREABOUTS

this made my day. thank you.
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jul 2003, 00:49   #24
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by Mirai
How could he know? How can YOU know? It's not like a DNA sample is hard to get.
Unread 24 Jul 2003, 16:32   #25
Chojin
Muslim Jr.

The pictures have been released, by the by.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/...ons/index.html
Unread 24 Jul 2003, 16:55   #26
BarbieKen

Quote:
It's very unlikly that these guys would give up their father. And they where wanted dead or alive.
Unread 24 Jul 2003, 17:23   #27
Woof
Banned

Woof is an unknown quantity at this point
Just seen the pictures america has released of the dead bodies.
Was this really necessary, it's all a little 'freak show' ish.
After the fuss america made of their dead being shown on tv during the war, this is nothing short of hypocritical.
Woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jul 2003, 17:32   #28
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

Quote:
Originally posted by Woof
After the fuss america made of their dead being shown on tv during the war, this is nothing short of hypocritical.
at least four of the posts in this thread were skeptical,

and i would hazard that middle easterners are more skeptical of western media and the us government than we are.

so 'yes'
Unread 24 Jul 2003, 17:58   #29
Chojin
Muslim Jr.

Quote:
at least four of the posts in this thread were skeptical,

and i would hazard that middle easterners are more skeptical of western media and the us government than we are.

so 'yes'
Yar. It's all about the Iraqis. These guys have been murdering for years, the people were terrified of them. It's the biggest marker yet that the old regime is gone.
Unread 24 Jul 2003, 19:52   #30
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Quote:
Originally posted by Woof
Quote:
Both men wore beards, suggesting they were in disguise.
For some reason I cannot fathom, I find this amusing.
:ninja: