User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 11 Jul 2003, 11:17   #1
HAL-9000
I'm great!

HAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud of
Jobs

I have my first ever job interview in three hours - PLEASE SOMEBODY SHOOT ME!!!
Unread 11 Jul 2003, 11:20   #2
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Jobs

You will be fine, just be confident, answer all their questions and try to hold it in if you feel the urge to fart

Vaio

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jul 2003, 11:21   #3
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

at0mic.c0w is on a distinguished road
maybe your boss will 'shoot' you during the interview...
Unread 11 Jul 2003, 11:27   #4
menth0l
dim like a fox

menth0l is on a distinguished road
with bullets (hot cum)
---------------
ph33r TPE plz. thxbye.
menth0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jul 2003, 11:37   #5
HAL-9000
I'm great!

HAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud of
Hope springs eternal
Unread 11 Jul 2003, 12:05   #6
Fifth_teletubbie
Commander etc

Fifth_teletubbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Appear confident, and tell them what they want to hear.

Be sure to mention that you are both a teamplayer but also able to take individual responsibility .
The manager you're having the interview with got that in his 'how to interview candidates' course you see.

Ostraka: It's a Social Club with guns (and K-Y)
Fifth_teletubbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jul 2003, 12:10   #7
HAL-9000
I'm great!

Thanks for advice (especially the bit about not shooting myself with cum). I'm off to have a shower now, then put on my suit before making the journey to Liverpool St Station.
Unread 11 Jul 2003, 12:15   #8
Matrim
fascinated by bridges!

Matrim is an unknown quantity at this point
Also don't forget to mention that you are a bohemian communist hobo. And then interrupt your interviewer all the time to talk about the wonderful Planetarion General Discussion Forum and how you - oh, how could I be so silly! - posted a thread there about being nervous before interviews. That's also in their book of what to look for in a new employee.

The Best of Luck.

What kind of job?

Matrim
Unread 11 Jul 2003, 12:36   #9
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
Also remember that everyone fks up their first ever job interview so don't feel too bad when you come out and realise you made yourself look like a complete tit. At least it will be good practice for your next one.

Oh, and good luck
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jul 2003, 12:37   #10
Toop
Banned

Toop is an unknown quantity at this point
I had my first Job interview when I was 15 .

The boss liked me and hired me .
Toop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jul 2003, 12:43   #11
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
oh and if you suffer from Tourette's syndrome you may have problems

Vaio

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jul 2003, 18:39   #12
HAL-9000
I'm great!

Well I can safely say that it went poo. Absolute poo. Oh well better luck next time hopefully. It was a job at a merchant bank in the centre of London. Looked good.
Unread 11 Jul 2003, 18:42   #13
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place
i wouldnt feel too bad city jobs are harder to get then AIDS from a nun at the moment. Economy down turn etc means they are cutting down on new entrants. One of my friends applied and they went all the way back to what he got for his GCSEs.
Nusselt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jul 2003, 18:48   #14
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Kumnaa is infamous around these parts
I hate interviews.
Unread 11 Jul 2003, 18:48   #15
HAL-9000
I'm great!

Quote:
Originally posted by Nusselt
One of my friends applied and they went all the way back to what he got for his GCSEs.
Yup they did that to me.
Unread 11 Jul 2003, 18:54   #16
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place
Quote:
Originally posted by HAL-9000
Yup they did that to me.

that was so lol when he told us since basically he arsed up his GCSEs but really got his act together got his alevels and a degree etc, but his interviewer was a bit of a twat and asked him what went wrong (instead of looking at the positive side that he had got his act together) my friends classic reply was

'i was 16, i discovered girls'

i havent spoken to him in awhile but i think he got into KPMG.
Nusselt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jul 2003, 19:01   #17
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Jobs

Quote:
Originally posted by HAL-9000
I have my first ever job interview in three hours - PLEASE SOMEBODY SHOOT ME!!!
Six minutes after you posted this, i had my first ever job interview. Cool, etc.

Dunno how the hell mine went. I didnt answer the questions very well but on the plus side my interviewer seemed to like me, and we spent double the allotted 10 minutes talking about the job and laughing. Plus she sort of "filled in the gaps" of the things i didnt say in the interview, she got the jist and wrote down what i was "trying" to say. Shes one of the two people who choose who gets the job, so in this light, i feel i have a good chance.

Go go power maplins recruiters

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jul 2003, 19:10   #18
HAL-9000
I'm great!

TEN MINUTES?!!!!! OMG mine took an hour and a half!!! OMG!
Unread 11 Jul 2003, 19:20   #19
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
i was in there for 20 minutes.

an hour and a half? was this an actual job you were going for, rather than a ****ty part time thing like me?

Unread 11 Jul 2003, 19:21   #20
HAL-9000
I'm great!

Yes full-time permanent in a central London merchant bank.

Don't think I got it though.
Unread 11 Jul 2003, 19:23   #21
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Kumnaa is infamous around these parts
my mcdonalds interview was ten minutes and that was a full time job!
Unread 11 Jul 2003, 19:30   #22
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

i was at maplins

<3 maplins. i love it already

till they dont employ me. then ill hate them

Unread 11 Jul 2003, 19:33   #23
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
If I can take the Croydon's branch of Maplins to be typical of a nationwide trend, you'd be the smartest one there if you worked there Deffeh.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jul 2003, 19:47   #24
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

ive always liked you dante.