User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 1 Jul 2003, 08:06   #1
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts
Talking Happy Birthday Canada!!!!!!

cheers!
Unread 1 Jul 2003, 08:06   #2
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about
CANADISH.

CANADIA.
Unread 1 Jul 2003, 08:07   #3
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
are we at 130-something now?
Unread 1 Jul 2003, 08:10   #4
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
oh yah
and apparently there's no fireworks in Vancouver this year because of the security risks, etc etc

how lame
Unread 1 Jul 2003, 08:11   #5
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Quote:
Originally posted by Aryn
are we at 130-something now?
Unread 1 Jul 2003, 18:37   #6
the dying puppy
Banned

the dying puppy is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a theory about Canadians.

There is two kinds of Canadians - those who are secretly jealous of America, and those who secretly fear America.

The ones who are secretly jealous might say they love US, but they really love the image of the succes we represent which they can't achieve without becoming American, themselves. They might also say they hate us, which seems like classic sour grapes.

Some who secretly fear us declare us to be the best of friends, and that they love us like family. This is because they're afraid that if we knew the truth, we'd either lock down our borders - thus decimating their trade - or simply find some excuse to invade and occupy. Some of them have balls enough to say they hate us, but it's the rare few who admit the truth… that they fear us.

Whether they're praising America as 'our best friends' and 'a shining city on the hill' or damning it as a belligerent bully nation, the root emotions are always the same: jealousy and fear.

So Happy Birthday Canada!
the dying puppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jul 2003, 18:45   #7
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little
Jealousy and fear... or contempt and disgust. You decide.

Happy Birthday Canada.
Unread 1 Jul 2003, 18:48   #8
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

Bloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura about
awww, Canada's so young and cute
Unread 1 Jul 2003, 18:57   #9
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice
I was under the impresion that Canada formed at the same time as other land masses millions of years ago in the super-continent we call Pangea?

Unread 1 Jul 2003, 19:12   #10
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Cmdr_Cyrax
I was under the impresion that Canada formed at the same time as other land masses millions of years ago in the super-continent we call Pangea?

That's wrong as a point of pedantry, as 'Canada' represents the political and social institution, rather than just the land mass.

You would be correct if the thread talked about 'America'.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jul 2003, 19:21   #11
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Quote:
Originally posted by the dying puppy
I have a theory about Canadians.

There is two kinds of Canadians - those who are secretly jealous of America, and those who secretly fear America.

The ones who are secretly jealous might say they love US, but they really love the image of the succes we represent which they can't achieve without becoming American, themselves. They might also say they hate us, which seems like classic sour grapes.

Some who secretly fear us declare us to be the best of friends, and that they love us like family. This is because they're afraid that if we knew the truth, we'd either lock down our borders - thus decimating their trade - or simply find some excuse to invade and occupy. Some of them have balls enough to say they hate us, but it's the rare few who admit the truth… that they fear us.

Whether they're praising America as 'our best friends' and 'a shining city on the hill' or damning it as a belligerent bully nation, the root emotions are always the same: jealousy and fear.

So Happy Birthday Canada!
nah, I think most of us actually do like the good ol' US of A...we just don't like certain things about it
Unread 1 Jul 2003, 19:25   #12
Matrim
fascinated by bridges!

Matrim is an unknown quantity at this point
How do you go about giving presents to a country?

Matrim
Unread 1 Jul 2003, 19:28   #13
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Aryn
oh yah
and apparently there's no fireworks in Vancouver this year because of the security risks, etc etc

how lame
wtf?

I live next to a weapons testing facility, and there's no security rist here. Hell, Albuquerque almost caught fire a few days ago and fireworks aren't banned (yet).

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jul 2003, 19:30   #14
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Quote:
Originally posted by Matrim
How do you go about giving presents to a country?

Matrim
send em to me...I'll be sure to pass them along, here's a short list of what my great country needs:

- 2003 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
- $1,000,000
- Lifetime supply of Oreo Cookies
- 60' Flat Screen TV
- Beer

Canada doesn't like to be greedy, so I'll save some for next year
Unread 1 Jul 2003, 19:43   #15
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Congratulations, Canada! If i had been a viking, i sure would drop by and drink some mjød on this happy occasion!
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jul 2003, 20:48   #16
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend
What happened on this day 120 years ago then?
The last orginal inhabitent of Canada killed?

I didn't take History and GCSE level, as some sheit told me if i did Geography there would be no exams ¬_¬.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jul 2003, 23:36   #17
Aryn
Happy

i jsut got back from the parade.
it was long.. but i got candy \o/