User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion > Hardware and Tech Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 14 Jan 2003, 22:50   #1
RiCo

Hardrive signing in WinXP ?

I have a 120gb disk wich can be found both in BIOS and the Administrative Tools, but I cannot import it. What can I do ?
Unread 14 Jan 2003, 23:10   #2
cookiemay
Cooki-Monster

cookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the rough
hahaha who deleted all the posts
Unread 14 Jan 2003, 23:11   #3
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Someone with far too much time on their hands.
pablissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jan 2003, 23:25   #4
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by cookiemay
hahaha who deleted all the posts
cookiemay in latecomers "what the **** you talking about" scandal
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 01:41   #5
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little
Right click on the drive in Disk Manager under Admin Tools and select 'Initialise'.

The drive will then be displayed in My Computer.

If this isn't the answer you're looking for, I don't care
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 10:11   #6
xtothez
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
Format it?
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 13:14   #7
RiCo

I got aprox. 100GB worth of DivX on it. I'm not about to format that.
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 13:35   #8
Guran
Puppet Master

Guran will become famous soon enoughGuran will become famous soon enough
What filesystem does it have?
Guran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 14:07   #9
MT
/dev/zero
Retired Mod

MT is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by RiCo
I got aprox. 100GB worth of DivX on it. I'm not about to format that.
Presumabley

a) You have a backup of this important information

and

b) These DivX have been made from DVD's that you have sitting on your shelf, and as such are simply digital backups.

<idimmu> ok i was chained to a desk with this oriental dude
MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 17:10   #10
RiCo

Quote:
Originally posted by MT
Presumabley

a) You have a backup of this important information

and

b) These DivX have been made from DVD's that you have sitting on your shelf, and as such are simply digital backups.
Offcourse, but friends of mine borrow them from time to time, and I like to have them at hand.

Running NTFS.
Unread 16 Jan 2003, 01:49   #11
MT
/dev/zero
Retired Mod

Right click 'My Computer'
select 'manage'
open the 'Storage' sub-tree
click on 'Disk Management'
right click the correct hard drive
select 'Change drive letters and apths'
click 'Add'
choose which letter you would like
click 'OK'
close 'Computer Management' window
Double click 'My Computer'

I swear I wrote this info out not a week ago for Miserableman :/

Unread 16 Jan 2003, 12:54   #12
RiCo

And it's still useless information.
Unread 16 Jan 2003, 12:58   #13
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by RiCo
And it's still useless information.
There goes any chance you had of getting it sorted.
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2003, 15:11   #14
xtothez
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
Can you provide a screendump of the partition infomation from the Disk Manager?

For example.
Unread 16 Jan 2003, 18:00   #15
MT
/dev/zero
Retired Mod

[ON TOPIC]
Frankly, you going to have to give us a lot more information if you intend getting anywhere with this. Alternatively, find someone nice who knows what they are doing, and let them do it remotely with Remote assistant etc.

[OFF TOPIC]
Would RAWR by any chance be a shiny new Archos Recorder FM 20 GB? \o/

My usb2 card still hasnt arrived :/ but I've loaded on a bunch of my favourites, and I have to say it fking rocks \o/

MusicMatch seems to be the way forward for putting stuff on there tho - automatic playlist creation and copying etc - got ot be the win.

[HINT]
I'm not nice.

Unread 16 Jan 2003, 22:01   #16
xtothez
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Quote:
Originally posted by MT
[OFF TOPIC]
Would RAWR by any chance be a shiny new Archos Recorder FM 20 GB? \o/

My usb2 card still hasnt arrived :/ but I've loaded on a bunch of my favourites, and I have to say it fking rocks \o/

MusicMatch seems to be the way forward for putting stuff on there tho - automatic playlist creation and copying etc - got ot be the win.
: )

After using this wonderful little silver device for a day, I'm wondering how I put up with the old style jukebox for over a year. It simply does everything so much better and more reliably (the amount of file copy I/O errors and explorer crashes I had with the old JB20 was unbelievable - plus it looked like a brick).

Can't say I ever bothered with playlists, changing to the right album folder and pressing play is simple enough. All my music is now on there, with about 2-3gb to spare. I am a happy puppy.