User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion

Unread 13 Feb 2003, 11:47   #1
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society
Rfc?

what exactly is RFC? i know it means remote function calls and is some kind C-Interface that allows you to call functions on a remote mashine (if i understood the things google told me correctly).
but does anyone have a link / is bored enough to explain here what exactly this all is about?

(to be honest, i need to write a few sentnces about it, because i indirectly used it to access an SAP-System)
wu_trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Feb 2003, 12:01   #2
MT
/dev/zero
Retired Mod

MT is an unknown quantity at this point
RFC - Referral For Comment
RPC - Remote Procedure Call

Its a generic term for interoperability between programs

<idimmu> ok i was chained to a desk with this oriental dude
MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Feb 2003, 12:06   #3
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society
ok, then this remote function call thingy seems to be sap-specific.
thanks
Unread 13 Feb 2003, 12:10   #4
MT
/dev/zero
Retired Mod

Quote:
Originally posted by wu_trax
ok, then this remote function call thingy seems to be sap-specific.
thanks
No geek would call anything an RFC, except a Referral For Comment. I humbly suggest your lecturer, or whoever told you it was 'Remote Function Call', has got ****ing head **** disease.

Unread 13 Feb 2003, 12:13   #5
MT
/dev/zero
Retired Mod

bloody is tho. wankers.

Quote:
Remote Function Call

The term you selected is being presented by searchSAP.com, a TechTarget site for SAP professionals.

RFC is also an abbreviation for Request for Comments.
A Remote Function Call (RFC) is an application program interface to R/3 applications from SAP, the German company that sells a coordinated set of applications and databases to Fortune 1000 companies. SAP customers who wish to write other applications that communicate with R/3 applications and databases can use the RFC interface to do so.
http://searchsap.techtarget.com/best...283316,00.html

Unread 13 Feb 2003, 12:23   #6
wu_trax

yes, but thats about all information i found so far :/ (on 50 diffrent websites though)
i guess two sentences about it have to be enough then
Unread 13 Feb 2003, 12:38   #7
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
It's not uncommon to mean "Request For Change" actually. Although "Referral For Comment" is correct as far as I am concerned.

But of course ASP = "Active Server Page" and "Application Service Provider". Both are correct in their own fields.

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Feb 2003, 12:55   #8
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by Mong
It's not uncommon to mean "Request For Change" actually. Although "Referral For Comment" is correct as far as I am concerned.
I learnt it as Request for Comment

[edit] Change sad face to smiley face, I was right \o/
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Feb 2003, 13:30   #9
xtothez
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
Lets not get started on TLAs
Unread 13 Feb 2003, 13:40   #10
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by xtothez
Lets not get started on TLAs
Which sort?
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote