User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 6 Nov 2002, 00:14   #1
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
Mapping keys

Is there any easy way to map (under windows) one key to another? Like, I want to map ¬ to be return, or ] as space Would it be possible?

Ta,

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2002, 00:45   #2
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute
No, there isn't*. I spent a week trying to find out how. There are some premade keysets out on the internet. For example there's a norwegian dvorak mod for windows. Don't ask me how they're made though, because despite my best efforts, I couldn't find out.

Jester

* Well, that was the conclusion I came to. A week of trying qualified as 'not-easy' in my book.
Unread 6 Nov 2002, 01:34   #3
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
http://www.microsoft.com/hwdev/tech/...2kscan-map.asp
http://www.zeusedit.com/lookkeys.html

Possibly these may help?

Found via http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...indows+key+map

Unread 6 Nov 2002, 02:24   #4
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute
Annoying.

Jester
Unread 6 Nov 2002, 10:59   #5
Mong
Forever Delayed

Thanks Megla, but no utilties seem able to map ` as [enter] - which is what I want to do. I think it *is* possible to do with some registry editting, however I can't find the codes required to do it.

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Unread 6 Nov 2002, 11:39   #6

Post Erm...

A kernel powertoy thingy can let you do it, observe -

http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/article02-022
Unread 6 Nov 2002, 13:45   #7
Mong
Forever Delayed

Cheers again, but nothing I've found can swap ` for [enter]

There's a load of data-entry to be done soon, and most input will be on the left.. AA1 to FF5 etc. Hence the idea to swap this particular key.

Hohum.

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

Unread 6 Nov 2002, 14:42   #8
MT
/dev/zero
Retired Mod

MT is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Mong
Thanks Megla, but no utilties seem able to map ` as [enter] - which is what I want to do. I think it *is* possible to do with some registry editting, however I can't find the codes required to do it.

M.
er

read the first link again.

If you still dont get it. Read it again. If you dont get it then, perhaps try helium.

<idimmu> ok i was chained to a desk with this oriental dude
MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2002, 21:35   #9
Mong
Forever Delayed

Quote:
Originally posted by MT
read the first link again.

If you still dont get it. Read it again. If you dont get it then, perhaps try helium.
I did read it - it looked too hard Was trying to find an easier and quicker way of doing it

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

Unread 7 Nov 2002, 18:58   #10
CjC
Throwing Shapes

CjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant future
Possibly the most annoying key is the PRINT SCREEN button. This button allows you to copy entire windows and screen grabs as images (Well at least windows).

I had a problem with a company I worked for who had a very strict policy preventing data leaving screen to any other medium except the office network (Email attachments were screened etc.)

Problem was, while we stopped people from taking data directly out of the app and into an email or something. This doesnt stop anyone doing a screen grab using print screen, copying that into Word and printing it off tho'.

And I tried disabling AND remapping it is the one key you cant change.

A very serious and annoying flaw yet again the child of MS.

hmmmm.
Unread 10 Nov 2002, 10:54   #11
Dudels

http://solair.eunet.yu/~janko/engdload.htm
Unread 13 Nov 2002, 11:09   #12
Mong
Forever Delayed

Quote:
Originally posted by Dudels
http://solair.eunet.yu/~janko/engdload.htm
Cheers - but it's not what I want (read the thread!). Thanks anyway.

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign