User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 3 Jul 2004, 23:40   #1
-QS-
nub since 2002

-QS- is an unknown quantity at this point
What is a 1UP?

Havent been here since PA was actually PA and not that new thing... I usually enjoy reading the boards, but a question came to my mind: What is a 1UP? who`s leading it, when and y did it form and out of what?
Unread 4 Jul 2004, 00:03   #2
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: What is a 1UP?

Hey QS

Read http://pirate.planetarion.com/showth...=177356&page=1 for the answer to your query :>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic_Sid
ANNOUNCEMENT

A new alliance will be entering the fray next round - with myself at the helm. This is NOT Fury reforming, although some of the faces in the alliance will be very familiar to ex-Fury members. Fury's success was forged to a large extent by political means: with this new alliance I intend us to be succeeding far more by more conventional (and sometimes unconventional) military methods.

Other than as detailed in my proposal below we will in no way participate in anything which could be considered "Blocking". We have no NAPs or Allies (either official or unofficial), nor do we seek any. Our members will be free to attack any target they wish in galaxies with none of our members in and will be free to defend their galaxy-mates against any attackers other than us (our members will always have the right to retaliate any attacker).

We will also enter next round with no enemies (at least none of our own making). Our member base will be drawn from both sides of this round's war - as well as from players who haven't played recently. The carrying over of "grudges" from one round to the next is one reason for the seemingly endless cycle of two sides having been drawn up before each round even begins. We want no part of that.

I've no doubt many of you will claim that I am adopting this "go it alone" stance out of some hidden (or obvious) agenda and not out of altruism. You would be entirely correct. I believe we have the quality to do well in a more free-for-all round - and I believe that our membership will have far more fun in such circumstances. I also believe that the game would be much more enjoyable for the vast majority of players - but I make no claim to that being my sole (or even main) reason.

So, here's a big hello from 1Up to the rest of you playing next round. I expect we'll be seeing all of you on the battle-field next round - but hopefully not all at the same time

Our public channel is #public on NG - smarter readers may be able to guess what our private channel is as well.
An extract from the first post of the thread etc. :>
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 2004, 01:17   #3
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

A 1up means "1 player". It's from Nintendo.

It means you have 1 life left before it's game over.
Unread 4 Jul 2004, 03:29   #4
Chaos

Chaos will become famous soon enoughChaos will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
A 1up means "1 player". It's from Nintendo.

It means you have 1 life left before it's game over.
1 Player?

urk. 1up is from Nintendo yes, but 1up is what was used to indicate you got an extra life.

1up being old players getting a new life in PA.

(Correct me if I'm wrong 1up)
R7-R11 : HR HC / NoS Head Techie / NoS WC
R12 : Retired <- GF gives ultimatum. PA or Her.
R13 : HR Peon -> BC -> MC (GC of Winning Gal)
R14 : HR HC
R15 : Retired <- GF dumps me cuz of PA.
R16 : HR Peon
R19 : Omen BC
R20-R30 : Retired
R31 : HR Peon

Someone give me a dictionary.
Cuz I don't seem to know what retired means. =/
Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 2004, 03:50   #5
B-Butch3r

1up means one life left, and its also known as fury btw
Unread 4 Jul 2004, 03:55   #6
LeviUK
Galley Slave

LeviUK is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Butch3r
Shhh, you're not allowed to say that. It's not Fury, it's just some past Fury members back under some of the old Fury command..

hmmm

ok, you win.

Planetarion Amateur since round 4.
LeviUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 2004, 03:57   #7
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeviUK
Shhh, you're not allowed to say that. It's not Fury, it's just some past Fury members back under some of the old Fury command..

hmmm

ok, you win.

Considering alot of the command in 1up are actually from other alliances and not Fury I question your intelligence. (Or perhaps NDs)

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 2004, 03:59   #8
LeviUK
Galley Slave

Interesting and ironic that you equate intelligence with my seeming lack of knowledge with regards to the command structure of PA alliances and even more so that you attribute my comment to ND.

Unread 4 Jul 2004, 04:03   #9
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Interesting and ironic that you equate intelligence with my seeming lack of knowledge with regards to the command structure of PA alliances and even more so that you attribute my comment to ND.
Information regarding other alliances is known as "Intel" aka Intelligence. Infact, gaining information about others is commonly referred to as intelligence gathering. You said the command staff were ex-Fury, I pointed out this was flawed and your intelligence must be off. How was I wrong?

Simple really. Also very easy to link you to ND, being a vocal ND member.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Unread 4 Jul 2004, 04:08   #10
LeviUK
Galley Slave

I'm not vocal.. I'm quiet and anonymous.

And yes, I misinterpreted the context of your use of the word intelligence. You can now feel free to question my non-information gathering intellience.

It's still Fury tho

Unread 4 Jul 2004, 04:11   #11
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
I'm not vocal.. I'm quiet and anonymous.

And yes, I misinterpreted the context of your use of the word intelligence. You can now feel free to question my non-information gathering intellience.

It's still Fury tho
We could argue this all day, and regardless of the facts you will still believe what you wish. Believe us to be Fury if you want.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 4 Jul 2004, 04:12   #12
LeviUK
Galley Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
We could argue this all day, and regardless of the facts you will still believe what you wish. Believe us to be Fury if you want.
Thanks

Unread 4 Jul 2004, 04:16   #13
virogenesis
Proud ex EnTitY bc

virogenesis is infamous around these partsvirogenesis is infamous around these parts

LeviUK am i classed as a fury member?
10:04| »» <Vir> |10:02| »» <Zhil> Kj doesnt need taunting <---- true he only needs a mirror
|10:04| »» <Vir> |10:05| »» <Zhil> lol
|10:05| »» <Zhil> I just got the image |10:05| »» <Zhil> of KJ
|10:05| »» <Zhil> being a budgie |10:05| »» <Vir> lmao
|10:05| »» <Zhil> and going "Pretty FAnG boy!" |10:05| »» <Zhil> talking into the mirror |10:05| »» <Zhil> little bell "ding ding ding"
Former: TRG, SL, AIM, ND, G-ii, EtY, ICD [1up], ReUnioN
virogenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 2004, 05:09   #14
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
MISTU's command are almost all ex-Fury members. Are they Fury too?
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 2004, 05:17   #15
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

That would just be silly Rob.....
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 2004, 06:38   #16
TheRat
Retired

TheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud of

Hrmm... Didnt know I was ex fury

-Elysium Officer
[1up] Senior MO
Retired
TheRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 2004, 07:38   #17
Chaos

Quote:
Ehh, no and no.

1up means you've gained an extra life. and 1up isn't Fury.

Unread 4 Jul 2004, 14:06   #18
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

1up: Cool, sweet, Tender. To be called 1up, is the same as being called a ladies man. usually when called a "1up" you wanna hear it from a lady. I.E "I love Zhil, Look at him, he's a 1up" there. Thats where the name came from.
Unread 4 Jul 2004, 17:23   #19
Chaos

1up ? 1 Useless Player ?
lol. just kidding, I couldn't resist.

Unread 4 Jul 2004, 18:26   #20
furssie
Spastic Drivel!

furssie can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
1up: Cool, sweet, Tender. To be called 1up, is the same as being called a ladies man. usually when called a "1up" you wanna hear it from a lady. .
This is the most ridiculous, stupidest, a total lack of reality grasp comment description ive ever heard. Congrats.
Unread 4 Jul 2004, 19:01   #21
virogenesis
Proud ex EnTitY bc

virogenesis is infamous around these partsvirogenesis is infamous around these parts

1up = 1 uber player
10:04| »» <Vir> |10:02| »» <Zhil> Kj doesnt need taunting <---- true he only needs a mirror
|10:04| »» <Vir> |10:05| »» <Zhil> lol
|10:05| »» <Zhil> I just got the image |10:05| »» <Zhil> of KJ
|10:05| »» <Zhil> being a budgie |10:05| »» <Vir> lmao
|10:05| »» <Zhil> and going "Pretty FAnG boy!" |10:05| »» <Zhil> talking into the mirror |10:05| »» <Zhil> little bell "ding ding ding"
Former: TRG, SL, AIM, ND, G-ii, EtY, ICD [1up], ReUnioN
virogenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 2004, 20:54   #22
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Uh oh. last time I saw Stifler post Universe and Phraktos attacked FAnG. He only talks when he thinks he has the upper hand on something. So whats about to happen Stif?
Unread 4 Jul 2004, 22:51   #23
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos
1 Player?

urk. 1up is from Nintendo yes, but 1up is what was used to indicate you got an extra life.

1up being old players getting a new life in PA.

(Correct me if I'm wrong 1up)
Chaos wins, **** knows what Tom is on about
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 2004, 23:34   #24
TheACE
Heroes For Life

TheACE can only hope to improve

Quote:

hmmm

ok, you win.
they arent all ex-Fury ppl in there. ok, some are, but not all

R 4 n00bie [ACID]
R 5 [+] Crusader / [BD] Member - [DUH] Triad with [HR] & [UV]
R 6 [BD] Member - [HyB] Alliance with [HR] / [Pack] Wolves - [FoS] Fusion of Seven
R 7 [WP] Member/Officer - [NewX] Alliances of [NoS], [Ely] and [Xan]
R 8 [WP] Officer - Alliance with [Ely]
R 9 [WP] Officer - Alliance with [Ely]
R 9,5[WP] Officer
R 10 [WP] Officer / [Heroes] HC
R 10,5 [WP] Officer / [Heroes] HC
R 11 [1up] pe0n -> QUIT, back to RL
[Š] Together we stand, Devided we Fall
TheACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jul 2004, 03:18   #25
AzureWrath
Evil has returned

AzureWrath is an unknown quantity at this point

it's funny of course, TK knows what it means, he just didnt express it well

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher
LCH is too far away, now they are the same roid amout as 1up
AzureWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jul 2004, 09:05   #26
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks
Chaos wins, **** knows what Tom is on about
Funny how he doesn't know the meaning of the name of his own alliance

(now stop deleting my AD posts thankyou, I'm being a good boy)

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jul 2004, 12:45   #27
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureWrath
it's funny of course, TK knows what it means, he just didnt express it well
Yes
I think I was drunk (because being drunk's and I'm ) etc... ;(
Unread 5 Jul 2004, 20:22   #28
bintara

bintara will become famous soon enoughbintara will become famous soon enough

am i ex fury?
Ex Insomnia
Ex ToF
Ex Subh
VGN
bintara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2004, 20:50   #29
Hurragutten

Hurragutten is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by -QS-
What is a 1UP?
It's 7UPs little brother
Unread 10 Jul 2004, 08:36   #30
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

comedy ex legion option