User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 14 Nov 2002, 19:23   #1
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
geek hobbies

well.. i've realized that today i've got nothing planned except to cross-stitch little snowmen to give to people for Christmas. And i got to thinking.. i'm 22 yrs old and i like to cross-stitch.. i'm such a geek :P

so i'm wondering.. what are you're geek hobbies?
Unread 14 Nov 2002, 19:23   #2
bagg
Stoppit

bagg is an unknown quantity at this point
the internet
bagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2002, 19:23   #3
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little
Airsoft
Roleplay
Warhammer (not 40k, I'm not 12)
Drinking
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2002, 19:27   #4
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Internetting
Programming
Writing game-concepts

Attempting to write games

SOMEDAY I will be a famous gamedeveloper and I will look down on you lot.......
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Unread 14 Nov 2002, 19:29   #5
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
Originally posted by Structural Integrity
SOMEDAY I will be a famous gamedeveloper and I will look down on you lot.......
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Spinner said that about five year ago.

"MUAHAHAHAHAHA"
Unread 14 Nov 2002, 19:29   #6
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend
The internet.

Don't worry about cross-stitching. One of my friends does it in her spare time - that is the time she has spare from 'accordian club' and being the conductor of the local Gaelic Choir. She can only be called a 'teuchtar geek'

In my sleep I grind my teeth.
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2002, 19:32   #7
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by skiddy

Spinner said that about five year ago.

"MUAHAHAHAHAHA"

Don't discourage me now!
Else I'll end up cross-stitching too....
Unread 14 Nov 2002, 19:32   #8
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute
My sister does crossstitch, scum of the earth.

I AREN'T A GEEK0R

\o/
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2002, 19:34   #9
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of
sex
drugs
rock & roll
Unread 14 Nov 2002, 19:44   #10
mbushell

mbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
I knit, cook, skip, and play hardcore.
mbushell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2002, 19:50   #11
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute

here is my snowman \o/
Unread 14 Nov 2002, 19:54   #12
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by Aryn

here is my snowman \o/
What's with the jacket and mittens??? Hats are acceptable; but otherwise snowmen should be nude. Snowwomen too, of course. After all, they only have a short breeding season.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2002, 19:57   #13
Aryn
Happy

hehe.. no idea
but it still looks cute :P
Unread 14 Nov 2002, 20:05   #14
Dace

Quote:
Originally posted by skiddy
(not 40k, I'm not 12)

WELL THAT MAKES IT ALL OK THEN!!!
Unread 14 Nov 2002, 20:23   #15
skiddy
wild one

Quote:
Originally posted by Dace

I know. That's why I added that bit.
Unread 14 Nov 2002, 20:26   #16
Lord Boredom

Quote:
Originally posted by Dace

hehe. You beat me to it.

I confess I liked warhammer once... between I think the ages of 8 and 10.
Unread 14 Nov 2002, 20:29   #17
Matrim
fascinated by bridges!

Matrim is an unknown quantity at this point
Haha.

I'm into delaying things.

Like the bus, or the general flow of cars.

Or major building projects.

It makes me an unpopular man.

Matrim
Unread 14 Nov 2002, 21:08   #18
eple
Voodoo chile

eple is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Boredom

hehe. You beat me to it.

I confess I liked warhammer once... between I think the ages of 8 and 10.

still got models worth of 300£ lying in a box somewhere under my bed I was such a geeky kid. Wearing a shirt having a mullet and reading bloody technical magazines aged 10 ffs!
"Nästa melodi som bob hund skall spela nu skrevs långt... långt, långt innan polisen började KASTA... avundsjuka blickar på ungdomarna som speglade sig i skyltfönstren som låg på marken!... Tolka det hur fan ni vill!... Vissa revolutioner sker i badrummet, andra på andra stanser; det är bara upp till er! Det är inte alltid det räcker med att slå hårdare ifrån sig än man behöver! Ibland räcker det med att säga SKÖT DU MITT, SÅ SKÖTER JAG DITT! SKÖT DU MITT, SÅ SKÖTER JAG DITT!!!"
eple is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2002, 21:13   #19
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
um........i used to do airfix
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2002, 21:33   #20
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I do a physics degree.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Nov 2002, 02:27   #21
Aryn
Happy

yay! i finished it \o/
and tbh it looks EXACTLY like the picture
Unread 15 Nov 2002, 03:01   #22
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
I think for a hobby. How geeky is that?
Unread 15 Nov 2002, 05:37   #23
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about
<---
Unread 15 Nov 2002, 07:57   #24
Terra Australis

Terra Australis is on a distinguished road
Playing Strategical games like Axis and Allies...

Civilisation Test Of Time and other games like that.

Making up games, like we modified the Aixs and allies to the modern world and changed political alliances etc......

Like Australia broke away from the Commonwealth and Joined an Asian Pacific Powerblock, Britain Joined the European Union, And America United with all the American Nations into a single Powerblock.... Then there was an African Powerblock also i think as well!

We also made another version with different rules also..... they were the days!
Unread 15 Nov 2002, 08:49   #25
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
programming.

comedy "I resent your attempts to contribute to the increasing mediocrity of western civilisation through a process of limiting creative thought by attaching arbitary derogatory labels to those who enjoy intellectual pursuits that dont conform to mainstream culture" option.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote