User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 29 Feb 2004, 14:36   #1
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little
xBox or PS2

I want a PS2 because of GT3 and FFX/FFX2

I want an xBox because of RS3, Splinter Cell, NFL Gameday and the online playage with the headsets etc...

Which should I buy this afternoon.

Yes, buying both is an option because, well, I earn a shitload of money, but I'd rather not if I can get away with it.
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 14:57   #2
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: xBox or PS2

xbox
halo2 soon
u dont need reasons anyway, just xbox
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 15:06   #3
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

See I never really got excited about Halo, it was more the NFL Fever 2004 which caught my eye. I'm aware I said Gameday above - my bad!
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 15:13   #4
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Gamecube.

I thought Halo 2 was an XBox 2 release, anyway.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 15:17   #5
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Sega Master System II
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 15:32   #6
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

ps2

gt4
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 15:33   #7
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Super Nintendo

FF6, Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, Street Fighter 2 ++
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 15:34   #8
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Gamecube.
Zar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 15:39   #9
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Out of those two, a PS2. Splinter Cell you can get for the PC if you're desperate, as you can Halo (though why you'd want to is beyond me).
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 15:43   #10
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

PS2 has a better overall catalogue of games, but the X-Box can be used for me (e.g. Snes Emulator, Divx player, etc, etc)
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 15:43   #11
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You can play online with a PC, you can play better games for the PC.

And FF X and X-2 aren't as good as the rest I hear (not that I like the series anyway)
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 15:44   #12
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
PS2 has a better overall catalogue of games, but the X-Box can be used for me (e.g. Snes Emulator, Divx player, etc, etc)
You mean like a PC can?
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 15:45   #13
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

FFX wasn't too bad in the end though the actual 'ending' was just a shade shite. Though this won't stop me from getting X-2. Once I get my job.
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 15:46   #14
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Quote:
You mean like a PC can?
There's nothing quite like coming in after a night out and playing a Sensible Soccer tournament on your XBox with a group of drunk friends.
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 15:46   #15
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
You mean like a PC can?
I don't like the idea of having a PC in my living room. We use the X-Box to stream movies, etc off our file server (which is upstairs).
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 15:47   #16
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablissimo
FFX wasn't too bad in the end though the actual 'ending' was just a shade shite. Though this won't stop me from getting X-2. Once I get my job.
Why not play Knights of the Old Republic?
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 15:47   #17
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
I don't like the idea of having a PC in my living room. We use the X-Box to stream movies, etc off our file server (which is upstairs).
I have a PC in my living room. I don't see what the problem is
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 15:48   #18
Ebany
Cute Kitten

Ebany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of light

We have a computer to do that. It was spare...
Ebany is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 15:50   #19
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
It's not a major problem, just prefer the remote control/easy menus of the X-Box. The X-Box is also marginally quieter.

Of course, you could build a PC with a remote control, mini-ITX form factor with minimal noise, etc but I doubt it'd be cheaper than an X-Box.
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 15:51   #20
Ebany
Cute Kitten

Ebany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of light

It hums a bit, but its hardly loud enough to be an issue. And we got a wireless mouse which is good enough for a rempte control. We could get a proper remote control (I've seen one on the net somewhere) but I dont see the point when a mouse is just as good.
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 15:53   #21
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

It also acts as a gateway!
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 15:54   #22
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebany
We have a computer to do that. It was spare...
I don't have a spare PC anymore .

We used to have 3 spares, one got given away, one broke, and one was made into an arcade machine.
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 15:58   #23
skiddy
wild one

Quote:
You have 6^14 computers in every room.

And no, Gamecube is bad.
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 16:00   #24
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiddy
And no, Gamecube is bad.
You speak craziness earth boy.
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 16:13   #25
Obliterate
:cool:

Obliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant future

If you can afford to, just get both. Then you get the advantages of both consoles and a wider range of games available to you.
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 16:30   #26
Ebany
Cute Kitten

Get both, and get me a PS1 while youre at it
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 16:53   #27
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

ps2

gt4, gta games, a better general catalogue (especially in any type of fighting game, which is what i end up playing). backwards compatability... and... an actual decent controller. thank ****.

+ dvd player, but i assume you already have one of them as you are so damn rich.
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 16:54   #28
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

and... PCs are relatively very very very expensive.
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 17:00   #29
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
and... PCs are relatively very very very expensive.
Well, about £100 more, with the capability to DO much more.
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 17:03   #30
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

you can get a PC that will run the latest games for £195?

tell me where, ill get it immediately (serious)
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 17:05   #31
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
you can get a PC that will run the latest games for £195?

tell me where, ill get it immediately (serious)
You can get a PS2 for £95?

tell me where, ill get it immediately!

ps.

£250 is something I priced out.
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 17:08   #32
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

cex

i know its 2nd hand, but everything ive ever got from there has worked fine.

now... what specs is this 250 comp and where can i get it?
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 17:13   #33
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Make it yourself.

Athlon XP 2200+, GeForce 5200, 512Mb of DDR 2700, 120Gb WDSE Hard Drive. You can get a much better processor for (say) £20 more.
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 17:24   #34
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

and you can get a computer + allll peripherals with internet etc for £250 that will run all the latest games well? i dont personally believe it, im not prepared to go and add stuff up either.

you can if you want though.
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 17:26   #35
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
and you can get a computer + allll peripherals with internet etc for £250 that will run all the latest games well? i dont personally believe it, im not prepared to go and add stuff up either.

you can if you want though.
I own one duder. Well, it was more like £300, £350, but it was over 6 months ago, and things have dropped in price quite a lot (£25 off the same HDD, for instance)

Also bear in mind that I ADDED IT UP BEFORE I MENTIONED ANYTHING ABOUT THE PRICE, I didn't just pick a figure out of the air then make a computer to that.
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 17:28   #36
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

and the technology needed to have a PCthat will work at the top end of games has also gone up. it all balances out duder.

and i personally dont really want to pay £150 extra for something i have to make myself that i think has inferior games anyway.

+ + + i can play games while being on the internet, though i suppose thats counteracted by the fact i can watch telly while playing games on a pc.
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 17:28   #37
Ebany
Cute Kitten

My shiny computer
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 17:33   #38
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
and the technology needed to have a PCthat will work at the top end of games has also gone up. it all balances out duder.
Technology is two years ahead of games duder. At least.

My radeon 9700 pro (from Jan of last year) will be good for quite a while yet.

Furthermore, if you want to view it like that, it's IDIOTIC to buy the current generation console, because the new ones will be coming out pretty soon.

Quote:
and i personally dont really want to pay £150 extra for something i have to make myself that i think has inferior games anyway.
Inferior games?

You're also ignoring the fact that it can do so much more, and is upgradable.

Quote:
+ + + i can play games while being on the internet, though i suppose thats counteracted by the fact i can watch telly while playing games on a pc.
I can play games while being on the internet on my computer too
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 17:34   #39
Dante Hicks
Clerk

I think it's quite clear that consoles are superior for certain tasks (or, in certain situation), and PC's for others.

I currently own no consoles and have no need for any - but I can see why they're superior in some contexts.
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 17:35   #40
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiddy
I want a PS2 because of GT3 and FFX/FFX2

I want an xBox because of RS3, Splinter Cell, NFL Gameday and the online playage with the headsets etc...

Which should I buy this afternoon.

Yes, buying both is an option because, well, I earn a shitload of money, but I'd rather not if I can get away with it.
ps2

-gran turismo 3 & 4
-Socom 2 (beats the living crap out of halo 1, & 2 doesn't stand a chance against it either)
-online play is a million times better than xbox
-when it comes to sports games, all 3 (ps2, xbox, GC) have them and I'm sure they're basically the same
-Splinter Cell is available, and just as good

and the single biggest advantage ps2 has over xbox: it's not made by Micro$oft
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 17:38   #41
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilly_D
and the single biggest advantage ps2 has over xbox: it's not made by Micro$oft
No, it's made by Sony who are of course renowned for keeping it real with the kids on the street.
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 17:39   #42
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Quote:
Technology is two years ahead of games duder. At least.

My radeon 9700 pro (from Jan of last year) will be good for quite a while yet.

Furthermore, if you want to view it like that, it's IDIOTIC to buy the current generation console, because the new ones will be coming out pretty soon.

Inferior games?

You're also ignoring the fact that it can do so much more, and is upgradable.

I can play games while being on the internet on my computer too
for the whole technology ahead of games thing... something six months old will still be obselete six months early? aight?

i personally think i can get 95 quids worth of play out of a ps2... and i probably wont even be able to afford a ps3 or WHATEVER when they come out. so itll be cool. + i already actually have one, but its in london as its joint owned by me and my brothers.

YES, inferior games.

i have a crappy laptop for internet shenanigans. Thatll work for quite a while yet, and it is upgradeable. So buying another computer (for me at least) would be worthless.

when i said 'being on the internet' i kinda meant explorer, most "games" as i was led to believe you were talking about them were applications that you went into and left the desktop to play... if ya catch my drift.
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 17:40   #43
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilly_D
PC

-grim fandango
-NOLF 2 (beats the living crap out of halo 1, & 2 doesn't stand a chance against it either)
-online play is a million times better than xbox
-when it comes to sports games, everything has them and I'm sure they're basically the same
-Splinter Cell is available, and just as good, yet not as good as Thief 2.
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 17:43   #44
Karmulian
Get Stuffed

Karmulian is on a distinguished road

xbox

halo1&2 + knights of the old republic + project gotham 2

hara \o/
Karmulian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 17:46   #45
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
for the whole technology ahead of games thing... something six months old will still be obselete six months early? aight?
The PS2 is, what, 3 years old? More?

Furthermore, the only real problem when playing 'new' games is the DX9 compatability, and every DX9 game will be back compatable to DX8 (at least the announced ones. There will come a time when this is not true though). My 3 year old PC can play all the latest games, and the only one it has even a tiny bit of trouble with is KoTOR.

Quote:
i personally think i can get 95 quids worth of play out of a ps2... and i probably wont even be able to afford a ps3 or WHATEVER when they come out. so itll be cool. + i already actually have one, but its in london as its joint owned by me and my brothers.
That's your choice of course, but I don't really see the point of paying for something and then not having it.

Quote:
YES, inferior games.
The only genre that isn't better on PC is Beat Em Up, and the only ones you really need are SSB:M and SC2, and they're both on the Gamecube. Racing games, possibly, but then that's not a very popular genre, and MKD and FZ:X are superb (GC again).

Quote:
i have a crappy laptop for internet shenanigans. Thatll work for quite a while yet, and it is upgradeable. So buying another computer (for me at least) would be worthless.
Laptops are upgradable now

Quote:
when i said 'being on the internet' i kinda meant explorer, most "games" as i was led to believe you were talking about them were applications that you went into and left the desktop to play... if ya catch my drift.
Most games. Of course, there is this mystical thing called 'alt tab'.

'Oh no, I have to pause my game to go onto the internet!'

Well, yes, but you have to stop playing the game to go on the net anyway.

In addition, loading times on the PC are faster, you get the whole mod community, better updates, better graphics, and the like.
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 17:46   #46
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

you compare grim fandango to gran turismo?

and i got bored with thief 2... not sure why. is mgs2 out on pc yet? will it be? also, that new one (its name escapes me) is coming soon.

thief is one of my all time fave games though
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 17:48   #47
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmulian
xbox

halo1&2 + knights of the old republic + project gotham 2

hara \o/
PC!

Halo 1 (even though it's rubbish) and 2.

KOTOR!

And so on, so forth.
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 17:50   #48
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
you compare grim fandango to gran turismo?
Because they sound the same. It's a 'JOKE'.

Also, Grim Fandango is a masterpiece.

Quote:
and i got bored with thief 2... not sure why.
Because you are a FOOL!

Quote:
is mgs2 out on pc yet? will it be? also, that new one (its name escapes me) is coming soon.
I thought MGS2 was widely regarded as 'not very good'

Also, the X-Box is to blame for ruining two of the games with the greatest potential (Thief 3 and Deus Ex 2) that the PC has seen in a while.
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 17:52   #49
Baron Morte
Blatantly overcooked

Baron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud of

Computers owns any console out there and they can acess the boards, and 3d shooters without mouse are stupid and unplayable. Computer all the way. Afterwards you can just get the emulators and...well..own everything.
and you can get porn and shit. mp3 and...uhhhh....free games

the last console i had was a super nes cos its ****ing pointless to have one
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 17:57   #50
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Quote:
That's your choice of course, but I don't really see the point of paying for something and then not having it..
i happen to love my brothers and wouldnt like to deprive them when they outnumber me by 100%. and its only MOSTLY mine.

Quote:
The only genre that isn't better on PC is Beat Em Up, and the only ones you really need are SSB:M and SC2, and they're both on the Gamecube. Racing games, possibly, but then that's not a very popular genre, and MKD and FZ:X are superb (GC again).

beat em up games happen to be something i play an awful awful lot (or used to at least, and i definitely know what im talking about). The best 3D ones we have had in recent years are ttt and vf4:evo. TTT is becoming ancient now, but evo is still fresh. 2D wise, streetfighter type things will always be the best, and the DC is the only decent place to go for there, i have one of those just for that actually.

racing games arent very popular
maybe not on the pc.
also, are those games you mentioned better than GT3? i doubt it, but then, i cant say ive played them.

Quote:
Laptops are upgradable now
yes... you open it up and put stuff in and stuff like etc.

Quote:
Most games. Of course, there is this mystical thing called 'alt tab'.

'Oh no, I have to pause my game to go onto the internet!'

Well, yes, but you have to stop playing the game to go on the net anyway.

In addition, loading times on the PC are faster, you get the whole mod community, better updates, better graphics, and the like
yes, you have to pause to do something else anyway, and if you have a laptop on your desk at the same time anyway, the whole pausing thing isnt an issue.

i certainly havent noticed faster loading times on the PC, if anything they are slower. + booting up etc is a chore.

i never really got into mods or anything, so i cant really judge that. Yeah, graphics are better, but at the level graphics have got to in general, i dont even notice, gameplay has always been more important to me.

and talking of gameplay, i dont think PCs normally have anything to compete with a four player game with all your mates in a comfortable sitting room set up in 2 minutes.