User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 19 Sep 2005, 01:10   #1
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Budgets suck ass

I just worked out a budget tonight.

I did it 'cause i need to save some money (to get a deposit to get a flat to get a girl etc etc etc).

I earn approx £1500 a month (not much i appreciate but still ...).

Of that once i take away:

- Tax

- Essential items (eg contact lenses)

- Accomodation

- Food

- Various other shit.

It leaves me with about £150 a month to spend on "entertainment".

I get to spend 10% of my wage on entertainment.

Like i say it "sucks ass" :(

Anyways anyone else having (or had) difficulty saving?
Unread 19 Sep 2005, 01:14   #2
jupp
Hi there ...

jupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant future
Re: Budgets suck ass

i have 500€ in total which is about £350 and now guess how much i have left for entertainment per month!

life is not entertaining to me

good that we have PA and this boards

[Ascendancy] - While you were trying, we were sleeping

jupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2005, 01:21   #3
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I spend money like there's no tomorrow. Frequently when I wake up in the morning I wish there hadn't been.
Unread 19 Sep 2005, 01:24   #4
MrPeach

MrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud of

I did a budget this week.

After all of the above I have £100 a week to spend on going out, and I won't even be working.

Don't you just love students.
MrPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2005, 01:44   #5
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place

i used to try to do budgets, but it turns out ~30% of my expenses fall into the "random unpredictable shit that will never happen again" category, making the exercise rather pointless.
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2005, 04:07   #6
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I assume that this all includes th 10% you are investing so that you can have a regal retirement?
Unread 19 Sep 2005, 05:22   #7
Malice
not the daddy...

Malice is a splendid one to beholdMalice is a splendid one to beholdMalice is a splendid one to beholdMalice is a splendid one to beholdMalice is a splendid one to beholdMalice is a splendid one to beholdMalice is a splendid one to behold

I have never made enough extra money to save properly. Budget? When I am out of money, I have exceeded my budget.

Of course, I have always leaned more toward personal entertainment. Security and stability are highly over-rated.
Unread 19 Sep 2005, 08:22   #8
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

My attempts at budgeting would be easier if I didn't have to pay about £700 per month on servicing my debts.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2005, 08:38   #9
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm currently making no money per month.
s|k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2005, 09:20   #10
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i haven't been paid yet so I can't worked it out exactly...

My estimate is around £300 a week minus rent minus bills. leaving about £150 a week to spend on everything else.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2005, 09:27   #11
madi
a little bit broken

madi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better place

i have £1.76 in my purse and slightly less than nothing in the bank and dont get paid until a week on friday.
i now have to decide between buying bread, loo roll and cat litter.
though i may go hungry next week i do have the most fabulous pair of brown leather lace up boots.

i am weak i tell you, weak, weak, weak.

m
x

am going to set myself up as a charitable cause
paypal donations to madi.joy@btopenworld greatfully recieved (i wont spend it on shoes honest)
Unread 19 Sep 2005, 09:41   #12
Ebany
Cute Kitten

Ebany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of light

Depressingly I monitor our finances very carefully - it helps when all income is either weekly or termly, but the outgoings are monthly. I have jst been going over them after receiving the letter detailing when Mark will get his Loan payments through, and its looking quite good. Given we will be paying a horrible amount in rent, I am rather pleased about this. We dont have a specific amount for 'entertainment', but we have £75 a week allocated for feeding ourselves, which should be far more than requires, and we do have a fair amount of spare money should we want to splash out (and splash out we do, on a far too regular basis).

I too have the issues with paying out far too much to service debts. What adds to the annoyance is I know I have an inheritance due to me now (was due either when I marry or when I turn 25) but because it was intended for 'setting up home' my mum doesnt want to hand it over - I think she has forgotten I know about it as I only found out by accident. It bugs me as right now I am probably in the most 'setting up a home' phase I am likely to have before I turn 35 as we are getting an unfurnished flat for the first time. If she tries to hold on to it till I actually buy somewhere I may be dead before that day comes round!
Ebany is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2005, 12:22   #13
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I normally have around £50 - 100 to spend on entertainment and "random things that could have waited until the next month"

Most of it goes to bills and debts.

Plus poor people who are more hungry than me (who now owe me £515)

If only I could win more at the bloody local bookies.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2005, 12:36   #14
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
i remember a few years ago (i think) a woman sent in a photo and a letter to FHM offering to get her tits out if readers raised enough money for her to go travelling. It worked.
It almost seems like taking advantage seeing as you can't afford to eat, but i rekon text based space management game players are even more desperate than the average FHM reader... maybe.

so she was a whore?
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2005, 12:48   #15
madi
a little bit broken

madi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
It almost seems like taking advantage seeing as you can't afford to eat, but i rekon text based space management game players are even more desperate than the average FHM reader... maybe.
naah, i once offered to run around on newbury race course in my undies if everyone gave me a pound, and no-one did.
though this perhaps says more about my granny pants and lack of boobs.

m
x
Unread 19 Sep 2005, 12:52   #16
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madi
naah, i once offered to run around on newbury race course in my undies if everyone gave me a pound, and no-one did.

m
x
I'd have paid

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Unread 19 Sep 2005, 13:01   #17
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:

m
x
You just need to be at the right place and time. I'm sure there are spots where their fetish is women wearing granny pants and lack of boobs.

*shrug*

P.S. Not offending here.
Unread 19 Sep 2005, 13:45   #18
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

**** budgets, do what i do, spend all the money you want until you run out, then live on **** all for the next few weeks/months till you get paid.

sure, its not exactly responsible, but when you are poor you get more free stuff, so it's actually better value for money.
Unread 19 Sep 2005, 13:49   #19
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebany
Depressingly I monitor our finances very carefully - it helps when all income is either weekly or termly, but the outgoings are monthly. I have jst been going over them after receiving the letter detailing when Mark will get his Loan payments through, and its looking quite good. Given we will be paying a horrible amount in rent, I am rather pleased about this. We dont have a specific amount for 'entertainment', but we have £75 a week allocated for feeding ourselves, which should be far more than requires, and we do have a fair amount of spare money should we want to splash out (and splash out we do, on a far too regular basis).

I too have the issues with paying out far too much to service debts. What adds to the annoyance is I know I have an inheritance due to me now (was due either when I marry or when I turn 25) but because it was intended for 'setting up home' my mum doesnt want to hand it over - I think she has forgotten I know about it as I only found out by accident. It bugs me as right now I am probably in the most 'setting up a home' phase I am likely to have before I turn 35 as we are getting an unfurnished flat for the first time. If she tries to hold on to it till I actually buy somewhere I may be dead before that day comes round!
take her to court and sue her ass.

they do it all the time on Judge Judy.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2005, 13:57   #20
Arachnidman
You love me really

Arachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
paypal donations to madi.joy@btopenworld greatfully recieved (i wont spend it on shoes honest)
What can I get for a tenner?
Arachnidman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2005, 14:17   #21
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold

I get given £12000 a year for my PhD, the first quartely installment comes in a week or two. I just know i'm going to blow it all stupidly

My rent is £425 between me and my gf so £212.50. Add on bills, internet, food etc and even going for a high estimate of £500/month expenditure I still have quite a bit left over.
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2005, 15:50   #22
Ebany
Cute Kitten

Ebany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
take her to court and sue her ass.

they do it all the time on Judge Judy.
Tempting, but I think I'll try discussing it with her first. So far she has been studiously avoiding the subject during any phone calls.
Unread 19 Sep 2005, 17:16   #23
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arachnidman
What can I get for a tenner?
sucky sucky
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2005, 17:42   #24
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society
Red face Re: Budgets suck ass

Im currently sucking my parents's bank accounts dry
_Kila_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2005, 19:29   #25
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

m
x
#

And yet we paid Grimble £40 to do EXACTLY the same thing

Now , im not sure if that says something that PA players chose to pay a drunken norwegian male £40 to run around the racecourse nekkid but wouldnt pay a pound each to have you flash your fried egg's, but it is mildly amusing
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2005, 19:43   #26
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

I take home around £1k a month after tax, my rent is £230 and my car costs me £200 a month, so it leaves me with about £570 to spend on petrol, food and entertainment, which isn't bad.
And I get a payrise (review, same thing isn't it? :|) in 2 weeks
[edit] didn't mean to enter yet...
I just set up an account with Egg-Money, which gives you 4% on any +ve balance (or alternatively up to (for me) £500 credit) and 1% cash-back on all purchases, with 10% on selected special offers. It basically means for spending £500 a month with the card, you earn about £60 a year, about the same as if you left £1000 in a savings account...
I plan on moving my money (minus car+rent) to it at the start of each month, so then I won't have to worry about either of them not clearing for whatever reason (landlord isn't always in a rush to pay in my cheques...)
Unread 19 Sep 2005, 20:15   #27
Ebany
Cute Kitten

Damn all you people with cheap rents. Mine seems to be about 4x yours (though it is for 2 people, so I guess its 2x really...)

Bloody expensive Cambridge.
Unread 19 Sep 2005, 20:41   #28
Arachnidman
You love me really

Arachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond repute

Man this sucks, when I start working, Im apparently going to be paying £11,000 a year in tax according to this
http://www.i-resign.com/uk/financial...lator_tool.asp

I'm moving to Monaco!
Arachnidman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2005, 20:59   #29
Ste
Bored

Quote:
Man this sucks, when I start working, Im apparently going to be paying £11,000 a year in tax according to this
http://www.i-resign.com/uk/financial...lator_tool.asp

I'm moving to Monaco!
That is depressing
£277 a week minus rent minus bills...
Will see how accurate it is when I get paid at the end of the month...

Unread 19 Sep 2005, 21:01   #30
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
That's quite accurate for me at least.
Unread 19 Sep 2005, 22:42   #31
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont want to make a bugdet. It will only serve to make me depressed, about how little I have spare each month.
Living in Norway as a student with no job on the side is just bad.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2005, 23:57   #32
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Using that site, it seems I get £1300 pcm (after tax). I haven't been paid yet, so any budget I make would be completely unrealistic.
Unread 20 Sep 2005, 00:36   #33
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by acropolis
i used to try to do budgets, but it turns out ~30% of my expenses fall into the "random unpredictable shit that will never happen again" category, making the exercise rather pointless.
Oh those random expenses, the baine of my life.
I was running well, being unemployed at the moment I have a tiny budget to work with each week. Kept my head above water. Then 3 family birthdays (major events, 50th, 21st and 18th), a wedding popped up.
I be in debt once more and I can't go out for another two weeks.
I shall go crazy!

Only noticed today I haven't bought clothes or splurge items such as fancy dinners or cinema trips in about 4 months now.
Christ, and I thought being a poor student was bad. Being an unemployed bastard is worse.
Unread 20 Sep 2005, 04:22   #34
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place

The trouble with budgeting everything is it always goes to zero (theres never not something to spend on) and i get depressed. Id worry about my pension but quite frankly i know im going to be working till im 70 (probably more when i get closer to the age) and will never have a 'retirement' so **** it. I do have some savings but apart from that i do have to stay at home at times.
Unread 20 Sep 2005, 11:17   #35
Dante Hicks
Clerk

My new budget starts today. I will withdraw £155 from the bank in fivers.

I will place each fiver in a different envelope (marked with a date). This will allow me to budget £5 per day effectively. It will also (when I lmisplace the whole lot) give me an excuse for my lack of funds.
Unread 20 Sep 2005, 21:07   #36
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place

have you budgeted for the envelopes?
Unread 20 Sep 2005, 21:42   #37
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nusselt
have you budgeted for the envelopes?
I work in an office. I don't pay for stationery.
Unread 20 Sep 2005, 23:12   #38
Blastoderm
________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
I work in an office. I don't pay for stationery.
I keep telling this to my mum but she thinks it's stealing.

Which is a morally wrong act since she's sanctimonious.

But I like your idea Dante. I might do the same thing now...
Unread 21 Sep 2005, 12:24   #39
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoderm
I keep telling this to my mum but she thinks it's stealing.
Well there's a slight difference between bringing home 20 envelopes and bringing home 20 mobile phones, dude.