User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 21 Aug 2005, 14:50   #1
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
New Potatoes

Now they are quite nice, I admit, but why do I have to eat them with every fkin meal. Its just constant with every meal time, not roast potatoes, not jacket, not mash, its always new potatoes. I was speaking to my friend about this and he came over the same problem. We also aggreed that yes they can be nice, mostly they are just small balls of heat.

Anyway I blame Tomkat as he comes from jersey.
Unread 21 Aug 2005, 14:52   #2
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: New Potatoes

Learn to cook your own food.

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Aug 2005, 14:57   #3
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead_Meat
Learn to cook your own food.
I know how, but when at home, dont disrespect your mother and not eat her cooking, plus it tastes good!
Unread 21 Aug 2005, 15:00   #4
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i'm amazed she hasn't put you on a strict diet.

maybe she just puts laxatives in your tea.
Unread 21 Aug 2005, 15:04   #5
pig
1up on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
i'm amazed she hasn't put you on a strict diet.

maybe she just puts laxatives in your tea.
what do you mean?
Unread 21 Aug 2005, 15:59   #6
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

'New' is not a method of cooking. You compare them to 'roast' and 'mashed' as if it were. If you're being fed plain boiled potatoes, then start adding your own seasoning and mumsy might start to take the hint.
Unread 21 Aug 2005, 16:02   #7
pig
1up on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYMM
'New' is not a method of cooking. You compare them to 'roast' and 'mashed' as if it were. If you're being fed plain boiled potatoes, then start adding your own seasoning and mumsy might start to take the hint.
she adds nice seasoning, im just bored of new potatoes.
Unread 21 Aug 2005, 16:15   #8
Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed is infamous around these partsMr. Ed is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
she adds nice seasoning, im just bored of new potatoes.
Have you expressed your concerns to your mother?
Mr. Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Aug 2005, 16:27   #9
pig
1up on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ed
Have you expressed your concerns to your mother?
I dont have the guts, plus its disrespectful she is cooking after all and likes them.
Unread 21 Aug 2005, 17:33   #10
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Dont be a faggot

Edit : 6500 posts. Not a miestone, but a typical deffeh post to mark it.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Aug 2005, 17:45   #11
pig
1up on you

congrats
Unread 21 Aug 2005, 18:13   #12
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
I dont have the guts, plus its disrespectful she is cooking after all and likes them.
I wouldn't say it is. Just tell your mother what you would like one day before she has actually cooked anything. Perhaps say, "mam can we have whatever tonight, I'm getting a bit fed up of new potatoes with stuff). My mother has never had any problem if I say I am getting fed up of something or even complaining about the taste. Just because she is cooking doesn't mean you can't comment or criticise.

Infact I think my mother would rather that, either way she is cooking food but at least if I say something she knows she is cooking stuff I want.
Unread 21 Aug 2005, 18:40   #13
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

New potatoes are nice. Jersey Royals <3

You were talking about how cultured you were in the other thread when it came to food - so why don't you cook for a change if you don't like the potatoes?
Unread 21 Aug 2005, 18:58   #14
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

new potatoes are like vegetables, not much to look at, not much to taste, but apparently they're good for you...
Unread 21 Aug 2005, 19:04   #15
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

How nice that someone is actually concerned for the feelings of their mother. Comendable. Truly comendable. None of this throwing a potato at the well screaming "What the f**k? I'll kill you if I see another one of these pieces of s**t in the next week." And not even a suggestion to that effect!
Unread 21 Aug 2005, 19:08   #16
bell

bell is an unknown quantity at this point

The poor cousin of Mashed Potatoes tbh, Mash is the best food ever
Unread 21 Aug 2005, 23:17   #17
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

is it only me who sees the sign in the chip shop window "now frying new potatoes" (or more likely "potato's" considering the intelligence of chip shop staff) as a sign that for the next couple of months, chips are going to be shit? They seem to put a sign up as if it's a positive thing but I see it as a warning.
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Aug 2005, 23:18   #18
Cooling
Tilting at windmills

Cooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniborp
new potatoes are like vegetables...
Who would have thought?
Cooling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Aug 2005, 23:58   #19
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

what are 'new' potatos?
and if you are really sick of them, whatever they are, tell your mom that you want to do some cooking.
Unread 22 Aug 2005, 00:07   #20
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wu_trax
what are 'new' potatos?
this won't answer your question but you'll be glad in some small way that you've seen something so strange
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Aug 2005, 02:04   #21
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wu_trax
what are 'new' potatos?
and if you are really sick of them, whatever they are, tell your mom that you want to do some cooking.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potatoes#Varieties
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 22 Aug 2005, 08:47   #22
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Well an amusing but utterly ****ing useless animation, and wikipedia entry that doesn't even define the word aside, I'm still none the wiser as to what a 'new' potatoe is!?
djbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Aug 2005, 11:04   #23
Ebany
Cute Kitten

Ebany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia article linked above
The market calls small types "fingerlings" or "new" potatoes, larger potatoes may class as "earlies" or "main crop", with the "main crop" referring to varieties that will store well.
New potatos are small, young potatoes, hence their appearance at a specific time of year, before the 'old' potatoes. They are typically 'waxy', as opposed to 'floury' - and make very bad chips or roast potatoes. Generally their main use is just boiled, sometimes with some butter on them - they're not overly interesting and they are much less versatile than older potatoes. They do well in potato salads.
Ebany is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Aug 2005, 11:06   #24
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend

As far as I know new potatoes are simply small potatoes of any variety that are plucked out of the ground before they are fully matured. Bloody murder so it is.

In my sleep I grind my teeth.
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Aug 2005, 11:09   #25
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

feel free to edit the wiki.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 22 Aug 2005, 12:22   #26
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
I assume your mother serves them because they are easier and quicker to prepare than other potatoes. At my house we often have roast potatoes with chicken but we often have to stagger the cooking so that things can be ready at the same time. A good thing to do with new potatoes is saute them, ie after boiling them chop them and fry them in lots of oil. Great times.
Thats what i get, but i thought they were roast...
Unread 22 Aug 2005, 12:31   #27
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

I see.. here at least you can't buy these young potatoes fresh, you'd only ever see them in cans. Typically they are bought by really old batchelors to serve perhaps with their microwave dinners. Taste wise I think instant mash qualifies more as potatoe than they do.

Quaintly they are usually known here as 'mini spuds'.
djbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Aug 2005, 12:34   #28
MAdnRisKy
home wrecker

MAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to behold

how to make boiled new potatoes sexy?

get some butter, not marg butter, a lot of it, and having cooked the potatoes empty the water form the pan, add the butter and some fresh chopped chives. Over the heat stir in the potatoes into the butter and chives, grind over some salt (always better if you use chunky salt from a mill) et voila!

new potatoes that actually taste of something

#pr0nstars - a pimp is for life, not just for christmas
MAdnRisKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Aug 2005, 18:04   #29
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

frying new potatoes improves them quite a bit.
Unread 23 Aug 2005, 00:18   #30
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

A nice gravy or some sour cream and chives is good.

Last edited by dda; 26 Aug 2005 at 21:53. Reason: two "nice"
dda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2005, 19:50   #31
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

I was talking to a Russain in France once, she'd spent some months in the UK improving her English, staying with a family. She'd landed in some shithole out in nowhere, East Anglia I think. I remember her saying the English seem to have potatoes with every meal, and wasn't overly impressed. Damn we rock.

The only thing potatoes really give you is carbs, and you don't really need them to survive, the Eskimos only eat good quality protein and fat, and they survive. So how did the Irish manage to starve through lack of potatoes? T&F? You're mildly Irish aren't you? Or was that Dante. I demand an answer.

Mash is great.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2005, 20:34   #32
Ebany
Cute Kitten

Ebany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of light

While you can survive on a whole range of choices of foods, I would suspect the problem the irish had was that potatoes were their staple foodstuff (as carbs tend to be in those places where agriculture is possible) and as such the sudden loss of the majority of your expected food causes some severe problems. The eskimos work with what they have, as their land is not really suited to growing crops. The Irish work with what they have, grow potatoes, and get ****ed when the crop screws up.

Just cause people can survive on certain types of food doesnt prevent famine. They still need some of ANY food there to feed them. I am sure in a famine situation they ate anything they could find, it wasnt a case of 'well, its not potato, so I'm not gonna eat it'.
Unread 26 Aug 2005, 20:39   #33
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Now, I know you're all in shock, but I'm afraid it's true. They come in most walks of life; you go down to the gym, there may be an idiot. Perusing beverages in a bar? Why, the person down the way drinking Stella could well be one of their number. Even walking down the street you're not safe from their vile clutches, for around every corner there could be one waiting to pounce to ask you where Cambridge University is, or if there are any pubs in the city.

Really, it's all the fault of the government. In 1962, soon after the so called 'Night of the Long Knives', Harold Macmillan proposed the Equality In Intellect Act (1962) (popularly known as 'Equinint'), which was a repealing of the earlier Discriminating Against The Plebs Act (1804).

The effects of the DAP were simple. At birth, a physician registered by the House of Lords would visit every child. There, he would test for the classic signs of plebianism: being short of stature, a smaller brain cavity and the lack of the ability of the parents to bribe the official in question. Should the child pass these simple criteria, then the doctor produced a Certificate of Worth, which became humorously known as ‘Adders’, after the prime minister at the time of the Act, Henry Addington. The benefits of the Adders were many; preferential treatment by the Law, the right to perform marriages, and a guaranteed place at a Cambridge College were just three. If the child was deemed insufficient to receive the Adder, then the doctor had the responsibility to perform a ritualised Lobotomy on the child in service to Veles, the Slavic God of Cattle and The Underworld, who was experiencing something of a renaissance in the early part of the 19th Century. Thus was ensured the continuation of the status quo.

Of course, some people tried to get around this, in the traditional two ways: running from the law, and forgery. Running from the law was surprisingly easy for your average baby, given that all it had to do was have a mother who didn’t submit the P4/BOM23/F form to the relevant council department. However, this initially clever seeming ruse came back to haunt the sprogs later in life, as all the jobs above the level of scum worker (thus excluding everything except privy technician and local governance) required both an Adder and an MRI scan, which of course showed up the discrepancy between those with a frontal lobe and those without. Those without either were plebians, and therefore disqualified. Those with only one were regarded as either Adder Cheats (those who, at birth, the test was not given to) or Forgers, both of which were crimes which granted the fate of the victim to the whims of the mayor of their town. Usually, the result was lobotomisation, to bring them in line with the rest of the populace, followed by the life of a town councilor by day and a combined wine butler/prostitute by night. During the Irish Potato Famine, some enterprising and philanthropic mayors decided that the best use for their underfolk was to travel to Ireland as part of so called ‘Shaftesburies’. These were a creation by the Earl of Shaftesbury, in an effort to buy into the fame of the Earl of Sandwich. Shaftesburies were similar to Sandwiches in form, if not in composition: instead of meat between two slices of bread, the Earl decided that this was low of necessary proteins and changed the arrangement to a slice of bread between two slices of meat. At the time, the creation had many supporters, but unfortunately for the Earl, many of them contracted heart disease and died within the decade, leaving the poor Shaftesbury to get shafted by the Sandwich.

The plan to feed the Irish with the poor was met with great support from the poor, who, being lobotomised, didn’t really have a clue. The rich were fairly ambivalent. In the end, it didn’t actually make much difference: the poor in question were infected with a variety of fatal diseases, and, as the meat was transferred uncooked (the concept of ‘sushi’ having recently been brought back from Japan, unfortunately without any information other than ‘raw meat is a delicacy’), many Irish died as a result. This wasn’t viewed as a failure, merely as an incomplete success; the view taken by those in authority was that as the poor saps would have died anyway, nothing really went wrong and thus it should be regarded as an achievement to be celebrated.

I digress. The other major form of Adder crime was that of the forgery of the documents. This was surprisingly easily tested, as it happened, because the Adder certificates were made of gold, embossed with platinum (historic evidence shows that the Chancellor was rather intoxicated when implementing the Act, resulting in this rather expensive means of identification which was only mostly covered by the cost of the bribe. This deficit has been proven to have directly caused the collapse of the British Empire). All one needed to do was to immerse the suspect Adder in acid, and the truth would be revealed (incidentally, this replaced the original testing method of immersing the applicant in acid. However, in the 1820’s one bright spark suggested that the Adder should be the dunked object as the acid could be reused afterwards: a suggestion which allowed Prince Albert to subsidise the Great Exhibition!). Admittedly, this meant that, should one get ones hands on a supply of gold and platinum, the forgery was fairly straightforward, however this was viewed as a very enterprising solution, or at least a sign of great wealth, and it was decided that in cases such as these the fellow probably deserved the Adder anyway.

The Act was, in fact, the last act of the Addington government. Napoleon’s forces were readying themselves for an invasion of Britain, and the prime minister resigned, having tried to enter a coalition with Pitt the Younger. Unfortunately for Addington, Pitt disagreed with his proposals on the poor (‘Death’s too good for ‘em, guv’, as Pitt famously once said in a Commons Debate), and thus rejected the proposal. Pitt formed the new government, making Addington (by then the 1st Viscount Sidmouth) the Lord Privy Seal, a ceremonial role dating from the 14th Century, when it was the traditions of the Plantagenet line to have their outside toilets guarded by a specially imported sea lion.

In a bizarre turn, the repealing of the act did for the then prime minister in the same way that the enacting of it did for Addington; Macmillan slaved day and night to force the act through the houses, sometimes going up to 17 years without sleep. As the work went on, he became unwell, and, when the act was finally enacted, as it were, he resigned from the post of prime minister due to reasons of ill health.

Last edited by MrL_JaKiri; 26 Aug 2005 at 20:50.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2005, 20:48   #34
Ebany
Cute Kitten

My apologies for bringing this thread to Marks attention and making him feel the need to post utter tripe.

Maybe the Irish can eat it.
Unread 26 Aug 2005, 20:53   #35
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

In future, "Mark", remember to remove anything that looks like "&#8217" as it shows it's all been pasted from another site.

Last edited by MrL_JaKiri : 26 Aug 2005 at 20:50.

Ah, it seems there was no need to inform a expert plagiarist like yourself. My apologies.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2005, 21:39   #36
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebany
While you can survive on a whole range of choices of foods, I would suspect the problem the irish had was that potatoes were their staple foodstuff (as carbs tend to be in those places where agriculture is possible) and as such the sudden loss of the majority of your expected food causes some severe problems. The eskimos work with what they have, as their land is not really suited to growing crops. The Irish work with what they have, grow potatoes, and get ****ed when the crop screws up.

Just cause people can survive on certain types of food doesnt prevent famine. They still need some of ANY food there to feed them. I am sure in a famine situation they ate anything they could find, it wasnt a case of 'well, its not potato, so I'm not gonna eat it'.
I'd say that's correct. the potato was a staple crop in Ireland so when they had a bad case of potato blight they had to eat the seeds (or whatever potatoes grow from) to stay alive. But of course they then didn't have anything to plant the next year so more people died.

It was not a good time to be Irish.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2005, 21:59   #37
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeks
In future, "Mark", remember to remove anything that looks like "&#8217" as it shows it's all been pasted from another site.
From here in fact.

Good try though.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2005, 22:31   #38
dda
USS Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Now, I know you're all in shock, but I'm afraid it's true. They come in most walks of life; you go down to the gym, there may be an idiot. Perusing beverages in a bar? Why, the person down the way drinking Stella could well be one of their number. Even walking down the street you're not safe from their vile clutches, for around every corner there could be one waiting to pounce to ask you where Cambridge University is, or if there are any pubs in the city.

Really, it's all the fault of the government. In 1962, soon after the so called 'Night of the Long Knives', Harold Macmillan proposed the Equality In Intellect Act (1962) (popularly known as 'Equinint'), which was a repealing of the earlier Discriminating Against The Plebs Act (1804).

The effects of the DAP were simple. At birth, a physician registered by the House of Lords would visit every child. There, he would test for the classic signs of plebianism: being short of stature, a smaller brain cavity and the lack of the ability of the parents to bribe the official in question. Should the child pass these simple criteria, then the doctor produced a Certificate of Worth, which became humorously known as ‘Adders’, after the prime minister at the time of the Act, Henry Addington. The benefits of the Adders were many; preferential treatment by the Law, the right to perform marriages, and a guaranteed place at a Cambridge College were just three. If the child was deemed insufficient to receive the Adder, then the doctor had the responsibility to perform a ritualised Lobotomy on the child in service to Veles, the Slavic God of Cattle and The Underworld, who was experiencing something of a renaissance in the early part of the 19th Century. Thus was ensured the continuation of the status quo.

Of course, some people tried to get around this, in the traditional two ways: running from the law, and forgery. Running from the law was surprisingly easy for your average baby, given that all it had to do was have a mother who didn’t submit the P4/BOM23/F form to the relevant council department. However, this initially clever seeming ruse came back to haunt the sprogs later in life, as all the jobs above the level of scum worker (thus excluding everything except privy technician and local governance) required both an Adder and an MRI scan, which of course showed up the discrepancy between those with a frontal lobe and those without. Those without either were plebians, and therefore disqualified. Those with only one were regarded as either Adder Cheats (those who, at birth, the test was not given to) or Forgers, both of which were crimes which granted the fate of the victim to the whims of the mayor of their town. Usually, the result was lobotomisation, to bring them in line with the rest of the populace, followed by the life of a town councilor by day and a combined wine butler/prostitute by night. During the Irish Potato Famine, some enterprising and philanthropic mayors decided that the best use for their underfolk was to travel to Ireland as part of so called ‘Shaftesburies’. These were a creation by the Earl of Shaftesbury, in an effort to buy into the fame of the Earl of Sandwich. Shaftesburies were similar to Sandwiches in form, if not in composition: instead of meat between two slices of bread, the Earl decided that this was low of necessary proteins and changed the arrangement to a slice of bread between two slices of meat. At the time, the creation had many supporters, but unfortunately for the Earl, many of them contracted heart disease and died within the decade, leaving the poor Shaftesbury to get shafted by the Sandwich.

The plan to feed the Irish with the poor was met with great support from the poor, who, being lobotomised, didn’t really have a clue. The rich were fairly ambivalent. In the end, it didn’t actually make much difference: the poor in question were infected with a variety of fatal diseases, and, as the meat was transferred uncooked (the concept of ‘sushi’ having recently been brought back from Japan, unfortunately without any information other than ‘raw meat is a delicacy’), many Irish died as a result. This wasn’t viewed as a failure, merely as an incomplete success; the view taken by those in authority was that as the poor saps would have died anyway, nothing really went wrong and thus it should be regarded as an achievement to be celebrated.

I digress. The other major form of Adder crime was that of the forgery of the documents. This was surprisingly easily tested, as it happened, because the Adder certificates were made of gold, embossed with platinum (historic evidence shows that the Chancellor was rather intoxicated when implementing the Act, resulting in this rather expensive means of identification which was only mostly covered by the cost of the bribe. This deficit has been proven to have directly caused the collapse of the British Empire). All one needed to do was to immerse the suspect Adder in acid, and the truth would be revealed (incidentally, this replaced the original testing method of immersing the applicant in acid. However, in the 1820’s one bright spark suggested that the Adder should be the dunked object as the acid could be reused afterwards: a suggestion which allowed Prince Albert to subsidise the Great Exhibition!). Admittedly, this meant that, should one get ones hands on a supply of gold and platinum, the forgery was fairly straightforward, however this was viewed as a very enterprising solution, or at least a sign of great wealth, and it was decided that in cases such as these the fellow probably deserved the Adder anyway.

The Act was, in fact, the last act of the Addington government. Napoleon’s forces were readying themselves for an invasion of Britain, and the prime minister resigned, having tried to enter a coalition with Pitt the Younger. Unfortunately for Addington, Pitt disagreed with his proposals on the poor (‘Death’s too good for ‘em, guv’, as Pitt famously once said in a Commons Debate), and thus rejected the proposal. Pitt formed the new government, making Addington (by then the 1st Viscount Sidmouth) the Lord Privy Seal, a ceremonial role dating from the 14th Century, when it was the traditions of the Plantagenet line to have their outside toilets guarded by a specially imported sea lion.

In a bizarre turn, the repealing of the act did for the then prime minister in the same way that the enacting of it did for Addington; Macmillan slaved day and night to force the act through the houses, sometimes going up to 17 years without sleep. As the work went on, he became unwell, and, when the act was finally enacted, as it were, he resigned from the post of prime minister due to reasons of ill health.
Straight out of Wikipedia. True story.
Unread 26 Aug 2005, 22:36   #39
dda
USS Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeks
the Eskimos only eat good quality protein and fat, and they survive. So how did the Irish manage to starve through lack of potatoes?
Sadly for the Irish, just when the potato blight struck, there was a shortage of whales and seals so they couldn't flense meat and blubber from the sea creatures that normally roamed free across Ireland.