User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 12 Aug 2005, 19:02   #51
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Newsflash : Arrogant car drivers found to be "complete faggots", survey says

I think there should be more speed cameras, with no warnings that they're there. That way people would have to watch their speed everywhere, rather than just where there are speed cameras. also money ++ for the government, which = money ++ for everyone (except for idiots who drive too fast, and they deserve to loose money).
Unread 13 Aug 2005, 04:31   #52
JamMak
Cynical Optimist

JamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud of
Re: Newsflash : Arrogant car drivers found to be "complete faggots", survey says

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampire_lestat
I think there should be more speed cameras, with no warnings that they're there. That way people would have to watch their speed everywhere, rather than just where there are speed cameras. also money ++ for the government, which = money ++ for everyone (except for idiots who drive too fast, and they deserve to loose money).
Do you drive? I find that hard to believe from your comments. Have you EVER been driving and thought that a posted speed limit is inappropriate for the road, because this seems to be a common complaint of the speed camera/limit system (and not from the 'speed obsessed boy racerzZz' ).

For example; a straight road with a school, at 3pm, with cars parked either side, the limit should be low. 20 mph would not seem unreasonable.
On that same road at 2am, with a clear view of the whole street., I can see no harm in being an "idiot" and driving at, say... 40?
Even driving at 35 would make me an 'idiot who drives too fast and deserves to lose all my money' in your eyes.

All speed cameras can do is enforce an arbitary maximum speed. They cannot make people drive safely. Again, (If you do drive that is,) have you ever broken the speed limit? Ever? 'Idiot'!

And do not forget that getting flashed by just TWO speed cameras in the TWO years after you pass would lose you your licence! It's just madness...

If you think a nation of drivers hunched over the dashboard, eyes either glued to the speedo or concentrating on painstakingly scanning the horizon for speed cameras is the best way to ensure safe driving ensure safe driving, I think you're deluded. Or in Government. Or both!

The speed of your vehicle should always be appropriate to the situation.
JamMak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Aug 2005, 13:53   #53
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
Pairing Christina Ricci and Stew might produce something good, though, now that we're on the subject.
I'm in, now juct to convince Ms Ricci.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Aug 2005, 14:56   #54
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Newsflash : Arrogant car drivers found to be "complete faggots", survey says

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Rozenski
No just sick and tired of living in a world that revolves around catering for the most enfeebled members of society to the detriment of the normal masses.
You're just digging your own grave here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Rozenski
Care to step out in to the road without looking and do human gene pool a favour? Ta.
Can you please tell us how people who are run over are fundamentally more 'stupid' than other people? Your reasoning relies on the idea that somehow everyone who is run over is 'at fault', when I would imagine that more often than not it is the driver who is at fault, or there is a combination of factors.

Even if we accepted your logic that everyone who is run over is to blame for their own deaths, how would the deaths of momentarily careless people improve the gene pool? There is no scientific basis for your hateful nonsense.

Okay, that's the serious bit over. Now here's the bit where I tell you that you're a rectal haematoma (Look it up.) and a prize mongchop of the highest order. Follow your own ****ing advice and run out into the road, and then we won't have to listen to your quasi-Nazi bullshit, you ****ing diseased ingrate.

Last edited by Marilyn Manson; 13 Aug 2005 at 15:03.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Aug 2005, 18:14   #55
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamMak
Do you drive? I find that hard to believe from your comments. Have you EVER been driving and thought that a posted speed limit is inappropriate for the road, because this seems to be a common complaint of the speed camera/limit system (and not from the 'speed obsessed boy racerzZz' ).

For example; a straight road with a school, at 3pm, with cars parked either side, the limit should be low. 20 mph would not seem unreasonable.
On that same road at 2am, with a clear view of the whole street., I can see no harm in being an "idiot" and driving at, say... 40?
Even driving at 35 would make me an 'idiot who drives too fast and deserves to lose all my money' in your eyes.

All speed cameras can do is enforce an arbitary maximum speed. They cannot make people drive safely. Again, (If you do drive that is,) have you ever broken the speed limit? Ever? 'Idiot'!

And do not forget that getting flashed by just TWO speed cameras in the TWO years after you pass would lose you your licence! It's just madness...

If you think a nation of drivers hunched over the dashboard, eyes either glued to the speedo or concentrating on painstakingly scanning the horizon for speed cameras is the best way to ensure safe driving ensure safe driving, I think you're deluded. Or in Government. Or both!

The speed of your vehicle should always be appropriate to the situation.
so by your logic because I think that murder is a stupid law I should be able to break it without punishment?

I will admit that the mainland has better speed limits (epecially Germany), but the point is just because you don't like a law does not give you the right to break it. If you want to drive faster, move to a country with higher speed limits, or start a petition to change the limits on the roads, don't break the law, it's just stupid.

Also, I don't drive, but not out of choice. Unfortunately I have epilepsy, so just before I was 17 they took my provisional away for a year and a bit, so until may (I think) I can't drive.
Unread 13 Aug 2005, 18:43   #56
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

In California, the max speed under any circumstances, on a controlled access freeway, is 70 mph. If you drive at 70 stay in the slow lane or someone will probably shoot at you.

On rural roads without posted speed limits (single carriage roads for the most part) the maximum speed limit is 55 mph. Not too unreasonable as there are farm roads and various driveways intersecting the main road. But again, if you drive 55 you will usually gather up a que of people behind you.

In towns, a speed survey has to be taken before a speed limit can be enforced. It has to be retgaken at certain entervals. The limit is then set at a speed where at least 90% or more of the drivers are driving that speed or less.

In school zones, the speed limit is 25mph when children are present.

Additionally, there is the basic speed law which is enforce. This is any speed which is unsafe for the conditions., Example, you are on an interstate with a 70 mph speed limit but there is a pea-soup fog limiting visibility to 100 feet. Doing over 35 mph is probably unsafe. Unfortunately, doing 35 mph is probably even more unsafe as some idiot is still going to do 75 mph regardless.

One morning I was commuting between Sacramento and Stockton in such a fog doing about 45 mph and praying that no one would strike me from behind. Two headlights suddenly loomed out of the fog behind me and a truck towing two trailers loaded with several tons of cinder block roared by me at 75 mph.

However, to return to the original post of the thread, I do hate inconsiderate people who think that their desire to park close to where they want transcends all other human concerns.

Last edited by dda; 13 Aug 2005 at 18:45. Reason: forgot original point of the post
dda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2005, 01:32   #57
JamMak
Cynical Optimist

JamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud of

Quote:
so by your logic because I think that murder is a stupid law I should be able to break it without punishment?
I think respect for the law depends mainly on how sensible people perceive the laws to be.
I don't think many would argue against "killing people is a bad thing"
Many people argue that road speed laws and enforcement could be implemented a lot more sensibly.

Personally, I think laws are often implemented best when they are not adhered to by the letter but leave a little leeway for sensible decision making, depending on circumstance.

Are you saying that someone who plans and then murders someone in cold blood should get the same punishment as someone who helped their dying husband end his agony?
Neither am I saying that someone who drives at 60mph through a school zone should be punished the same as someone who drives at 40 in a 30mph zone at night, in good conditions, with clear visability.

The law should be enforced with discretion as it can not hope to cover every eventuality. (see here)

Speed cameras and rigid enforcement of speed limits remove this discretion.
Forcing a driver to concentrate on things other than his driving makes driving more unsafe, achieving the opposite to the purpose of these laws.
Unread 14 Aug 2005, 02:22   #58
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
what you have just suggested here george, is about the stupidiest thing i think i've seen you post. What you suggest will result in people watching only there speedos (no MM, not the kind of speedos you like) and where the next camera is and not on where they are going or what they're doing which will undoubtedly result in more crashes and deaths, not less.
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2005, 02:25   #59
JamMak
Cynical Optimist

Agreed.

And,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Dave
(no MM, not the kind of speedos you like)
lol
Unread 14 Aug 2005, 08:45   #60
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

It's been in (some of the) papers recently about how people are being charged when moving out of the way of the emergency services and "break the law", too. Like there was an ambulance coming down the road, and one guy was first in line at traffic lights, so pulled in further and went about a metre past the lights to let it through, and was caught one one of those cameras that checks for light jumpers, and he got fined. The police seem to generally be out to make money, not to try and enforce speed limits. The more you try and control the speed of motorists, the more they try and rebel, the same as in any environment.
Unread 14 Aug 2005, 08:47   #61
XeeThot
Manga Kitten is back!

XeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to behold

If you drive under the speed limit, you don't have to keep checking the speed you are. Just a glance to make sure and you're back watching the road.

The biggest problem is that people can't manage to drive at a constant speed. The complete lack of hability to keep your car at a controlled RPM/Velocity is what makes people crash their cars.

If you have to brake, you are already wrong. Speedcameras are there to punish people that are breaking the law, a law that was created to increase the safety of driving on that road at all times. You don't have to brake in order to not get a ticket, you shouldn't be speeding anyway.

Knocking on your door for leftovers starting on Dec 21st
XeeThot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2005, 10:57   #62
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Dave
what you have just suggested here george, is about the stupidiest thing i think i've seen you post. What you suggest will result in people watching only there speedos (no MM, not the kind of speedos you like) and where the next camera is and not on where they are going or what they're doing which will undoubtedly result in more crashes and deaths, not less.
Anyone with a licence should be able to fell the speed that the car is going at, ie you know in your car when you're doing 60 (largely because of the shaking and the bits falling off lol), so you shouldn't have to watch the speedo to know roughly (ie +-5mph) how fast you're going. Quite frankly if you can't do this you shouldn't be driving.
Unread 14 Aug 2005, 11:00   #63
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
It's been in (some of the) papers recently about how people are being charged when moving out of the way of the emergency services and "break the law", too. Like there was an ambulance coming down the road, and one guy was first in line at traffic lights, so pulled in further and went about a metre past the lights to let it through, and was caught one one of those cameras that checks for light jumpers, and he got fined. The police seem to generally be out to make money, not to try and enforce speed limits. The more you try and control the speed of motorists, the more they try and rebel, the same as in any environment.
you can write to the officials and explain what happened within a certain time of getting the ticket, in a situation like this, they will probably cancel the fine.
Unread 14 Aug 2005, 11:19   #64
Ebany
Cute Kitten

Ebany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of light

IT wouldnt have made it into the papers if that was all they had to do. Both the reports I have seen they have tried this and been told 'Nope, you still shouldnt have broken the LAW! You should have sat there and let the ambulance/fire engine/police car sort itself out.'

One was told he could try taking it to court, but it would be expensive and he wouldnt neccesarily win, so he gave up. Dont recall about the other.
Ebany is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2005, 12:40   #65
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

You're so right.

I dislike when I'm a passanger in a car an the driver gets aggressive for various reasons such as the driver infront of us drives too slow (or actually is at the speed limit, but our driver wants to drive faster). My dad is unfortunately like this. He's getting pissed off and 'confused' in the traffic. Especially in the cities. We're living on a small island were the traffic is pretty 'dull'. When he gets into a big city he easily gets confused about the rules etc and because of that he's pretending that he got EVERYTHING under control, which sometimes can lead us into dangerous situations (driving in a cross when he's not supposed to, speed, taking risks etc). This summer he almost crashed into a car because he drove when he wasn't supposed to. If we hadn't shouted when we saw it he would definately crashed into it. When we confrontate him with it he has this "I got everything under control"-attitude.

Aggressive trafficants
Unread 14 Aug 2005, 12:48   #66
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Yep.

My mum has ran red lights without noticing on several occasions.

When she screams "why the hell are people beeping at me" and i tell her, she gets arrogant and defensive, and refuses to believe she ran a red.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2005, 13:02   #67
smeg9
Ex EL High Command

smeg9 is on a distinguished road

You can generally get a feel for the car's speed, but take my journey for work for instance, it is a WIDE LONG STRAIGHT road, ( a roman road proabably!!!) and it's 40mph...

When there is heavey traffic, it's fine, it flows at 40mph, but when u leave work late, and the rush hour has gone, then it is very easy to loose track, because naturally you drive to the road, and 40mph becomes very slow and tedious on a non-residential long straight wide road.. especially when you drive down it every day!!!

And the difference between 40 and 46 isn't too great for feeling the car, because it does depend on the traffic too... Do 46 for 3 miles on my way home one night, and I will no longer hold a driving license...
Unread 14 Aug 2005, 14:03   #68
JamMak
Cynical Optimist

Quote:
Anyone with a licence should be able to fell the speed that the car is going at, ie you know in your car when you're doing 60 (largely because of the shaking and the bits falling off lol), so you shouldn't have to watch the speedo to know roughly (ie +-5mph) how fast you're going. Quite frankly if you can't do this you shouldn't be driving.
Try diving on the motorway for half an hour and then heading into a 30mph limit. Then feel like you are crawling along at 10 miles an hour.
How fast you think you are going is very subjective just like people impression of time.

Even if (as you say) people can always tell what speed they are travelling at to within "+-5mph", with speed cameras that is not good enough. You are still 'speeding' and will still get flashed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeeThot
If you drive under the speed limit, you don't have to keep checking the speed you are. Just a glance to make sure and you're back watching the road.
Would you really risk your licence on "well i checked my speedo 30 seconds ago and I was only doing 30"?
Often once spotting a speed camera I will check and see that I am doing 30 (or adjust till I am), then check again, then check again as I pass. They make drivers nervous because there is no distiction between "1 mph faster than the limit" and "60mph faster than the limit"
Unread 14 Aug 2005, 15:25   #69
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamMak
They make drivers nervous because there is no distiction between "1 mph faster than the limit" and "60mph faster than the limit"
i think this is the main problem people have with cameras. Someone caught doing 32mph in a 30 zone will get the same fine as someone doing 72mph
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2005, 16:06   #70
smeg9
Ex EL High Command

I was under the impression they gave u 10%...

so 40 becomes 44 etc,(To allow inaccuracys of Speedos)

But it's illegal for speedos to report a lower speed than your travelling, and they are so accurae now, they were considering changing the law, to be more stringent..
Unread 14 Aug 2005, 20:10   #71
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
You're so right.

I dislike when I'm a passanger in a car an the driver gets aggressive for various reasons such as the driver infront of us drives too slow (or actually is at the speed limit, but our driver wants to drive faster).sed' in the traffic.
Sadly, for some reason, I have to watch myself or I get completely irrational in my anger toward other drivers and seem to have to prove how bad they are driving by driving even worse. The gasps and small shrieks coming from my wife I then take as a reflection on my manhood and get even angrier. I have to caution myself repeatedly to be calm. When we go to San Francisco, which is 80-90 miles on a congested freeway, I usually take back roads that add time but is less stressful to Dublin, California, where we catch a BART light rail train to the middle of the city.

It is something that just happens in drivers like me. I have never had a traffic accident so far but much of that has to do with luck and the skill of the drivers around me when I go brain dead on the freeway. Oddly, city driving, no matter how congested, doesn't bother me much at all.
Unread 16 Aug 2005, 13:17   #72
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

I agree with most of what you said except the speed cameras bit. It always amazes me the stupid things people do on the roads.

Just now on my way home someone used a lane for oncoming cars to turn right to himself turn right and then parked up on the pavement in the middle of a busy road. While yesterday on the wayto Cardiff there is a place where the left hand road splits into two and the right hand lane sort of curves around this new, wider lane. A few people now have been in the far right hand lane and without warning jumped into the middle nearly smashing into me or someone else

Perhaps even more annoying than that I find though is slow drivers. Going down a straight 60mph road in perfect weather and they doddle along at 30mpg, I've seen so many crashes nearly occur due to frustrateddrivers overtaking them.
Unread 16 Aug 2005, 13:30   #73
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by midge5
Just now on my way home someone used a lane for oncoming cars to turn right to himself turn right and then parked up on the pavement in the middle of a busy road.
is is common to have pavements in the middle of the road in Wales? In England they are normally found on the edge of the road.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2005, 14:11   #74
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

http://www.roadsafetyuk.co.uk/camnews.htm

can people please stop talking bullshit without knowing what the hell they are talking about.

lets talk about speed camera's:

July 2001
Fines up, crashes down in camera zones. In the 8 areas where the pilot scheme has been running, prosecutions have increased up to 18-fold and the numbers killed and seriously injured have been cut by between 8 per cent and 14 per cent compared with a national average decrease of 2 per cent.
August 2001
Trigger speed to be lowered. The settings at which cameras fire is likely to be lowered resulting in drivers being prosecuted for driving just 5 mph over the limit in a 30 mph zone, 46 mph will trigger the camera in a 40 mph area and driving at 68 mph where the limit is 60 will lead to fines and penalty points. Motorways won't escape either, the trigger speed there is likely to be 79 mph.

now, either you lot are being tought to drive by absolute ****tards who are not telling you the rules, or you are being deliberatly obtuse in your pursuit of 'speed camera's are evul and killed my first born child!!!!!1121221232'

get a grip, learn to regulate your speed, if you are doing over 35 in a 30 zone you deserve a ticket!
Unread 16 Aug 2005, 14:46   #75
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Posting in a thread where the Carvroomvroom faggot patrol wont rear their head again after being schooled.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2005, 15:02   #76
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

what can i say, it irks me when people buy into the hype without knowing what they are talking about, at least when i have a cause on GD I try and make sure i'm not talking total shit first
Unread 16 Aug 2005, 19:03   #77
smeg9
Ex EL High Command

Quote:
now, either you lot are being tought to drive by absolute ****tards who are not telling you the rules, or you are being deliberatly obtuse in your pursuit of 'speed camera's are evul and killed my first born child!!!!!1121221232'

get a grip, learn to regulate your speed, if you are doing over 35 in a 30 zone you deserve a ticket!
I won't disagree on that, alot of people post thier opionions.

I still stand-by that people DO DO stupid things on the road, and speed cameras can cause a danger to that. If your slowing down from 50mph down a hill, to 40mph and the car in front decides he is sh!t scared of the camera, brakes to 25 - 30mph, you don't expect that.

even keeping your 2 second saftey gap, this is eaten up pretty damn fast when your slowing to 40 and they're slowing to 30 and u only expect them to goto 40 and your watching your fall from 50 - 40 to doubly check that your not breaking the law..

My Instructor made me drive TO THE LIMIT not the the "Speed camera Triggers" In regard to who taught you to drive, there was a section of a main dual carridgeway down to 40mph from 70, no traffic, lot's of cars doing 70 - 80 as they do. I slowed to about 55 60, he asked me why, I said because the other cars are...

Don't care, your breaking the law, it's 40mph, if they're breaking the law that them...

So I do stick the limits, which makes me wonder why we need speed traps, they cause me still to get nevous, because snapped twice withing 2 years means no more license, no more car, a waste of thousands of pounds insurance a waste.

The people who do stupid things (and I admit I'm not without my faults, no-one is a perfect driver, those who think they are, are the worst type (trust me I know some people!!)).

Perhaps more police presence, and stupidity points should replace speeding points....

Maybe, I don't know. I just know I don't like speed cameras and I don't speed, ever.

These are just my opionions,and views which I, and everyone else is welcome to
Unread 16 Aug 2005, 19:07   #78
roadrunner_0
cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeg9
Don't care, your breaking the law, it's 40mph, if they're breaking the law that them...

i'm pretty sure that this was the entire thrust of what i have been trying to get at... you should allow for people being shit on the roads, but just because others break the law, should you? other people steal, do you? Wether you agree with a law or not its still a law
Unread 16 Aug 2005, 19:11   #79
smeg9
Ex EL High Command

:-) Exactly.
Unread 16 Aug 2005, 19:20   #80
dda
USS Oklahoma

I want roadrunner and smeg9 to move to San Joaquin county and to serve on all of my juries.
Unread 16 Aug 2005, 19:57   #81
roadrunner_0
cynic

lol, don't know if thats a compliment or an insult!
Unread 16 Aug 2005, 20:51   #82
berzerker
Professional AlcoFrolic

berzerker has a spectacular aura aboutberzerker has a spectacular aura aboutberzerker has a spectacular aura about

<3 Deffeh for your rant. Well said.

I'm particularly insulted by my mates sister; she is the chavviest person you're likely to meet (i'm talking tax benefits, income support, child support, disability allowance, etc, etc.). Now the disability allowance is because she's pregnant, she claims she has a bad back. But now the tramp wants a disabled badge so that she can park anywhere she wants, but in her app for said badge she said it was so that she park closer to the supermarket doors without too much pain in walking. Now what the **** are mother+baby parking places for?! Am i thick and missing a point here. Oh yeah, she already has one child age 3 so she can already use mother+baby spaces.

Further to my hatred for drivers, i live nextdoor to a scool. The amount of times you see them parked on the big yellow zigzag lines is unbelievable. Its like that for about an hour per day, both morning and afternoon, and they absolutely clueless of all the people's driveways that are blocked in.

Further, drivers have no regard at all for cyclists (both motor and pushrod cyclists). The amount of times i've been cut-up on bike or motorbike really ****s me off.
Unread 17 Aug 2005, 00:03   #83
roadrunner_0
cynic

i will just point out here that the reason i know *anything * about road rules is because i'm a cyclist... just to annoy the car people a bit more
Unread 17 Aug 2005, 00:07   #84
dda
USS Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
Whether you agree with a law or not its still a law
It was a compliment as far as I am concerned.
Unread 17 Aug 2005, 00:14   #85
roadrunner_0
cynic

thank you then
Unread 17 Aug 2005, 08:08   #86
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
i will just point out here that the reason i know *anything * about road rules is because i'm a cyclist... just to annoy the car people a bit more
I'm amused by those who think cyclists are 'blocking the road' when we are just using our "right of way". The fact drivers think they are in the right when in fact they are the lazy fatties who could have got to where they were going in the same time on their 2 mile or less journey when you factor in parking etc.

I've found out the best way is that when you think a driver is going to be **** is to actually pull further into the middle into the road, cos then he won't even take the bloody risk of overtaking you. Who gives a **** about the traffic behind, I can't be arsed being broadside with a car on a narrow road fearing they're going to **** up and knock me off. He can wait till there's room on the other side of the road or its wide enough for them to overtake me safely.

They can bugger off with their possessive "i've got my lovely car and I want to nail it down my local A road" because I want to get back in one piece. It's ****ing fantastic to watch drivers get angry when its their ****up, or get angry just because someone decided to be driving in a particular spot that day. I mean seriously, people are going to stop driving on the roads just cos you decided to nip down to the tesco's out of town for that much needed bottle of piss they call blossom hill rose and you want to be back for Eastenders that starts in 5 mins? There are days where I hope they cry coming back to find out that they've missed 5 minutes of bollocks being talked in the queen vic. Serves them right for being ****s who feel it's worth the effort to risk lives just to get a bottle of shite.

Seriously, most drivers are ****ing idiots. And we should presume them to be idiots. They either think they are gods gift to the A42 or that the whole bloody world hates them and is against them, when infact, they're just crap drivers.

Get off your arse and move FFS.
Unread 17 Aug 2005, 11:39   #87
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
Seriously, most drivers are ****ing idiots. And we should presume them to be idiots. They either think they are gods gift to the A42 or that the whole bloody world hates them and is against them, when infact, they're just crap drivers.

Get off your arse and move FFS.
I live on the A42 (well not on it obviously, as that would be noisy and quite dangerous), and I am gods gift to it. It's not a very long road so why did you pick this one?
Unread 17 Aug 2005, 11:50   #88
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
and I am gods gift to it.
i'm as to why God would give a road a gift.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 17 Aug 2005, 11:55   #89
Stew
Made of Twigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWSBOT3
It's a nice road.
Unread 17 Aug 2005, 12:05   #90
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Newsflash : Arrogant car drivers found to be "complete faggots", survey says

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWSBOT3
It's the road to Damascus LOL
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Aug 2005, 12:05   #91
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
It's a nice road.
oh rly?
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia