User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 20 Apr 2004, 22:11   #1
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
my hometown is going to hell in a handbasket

in the past two weeks a number of incidents have really made the realisation hit home that my home town is really really shit

1. my neighbour attacked 2 of my friends last week, then headbutted 2 policemen - of the 8 that turend up to arrest him - nearly kicked our fornt door in, and threatened to set me and one of my housemates on fire ( because of these events, we are currently looking for a new place to live

2. last friday afternoon, at about 1.30pm, in the town centre one of my mates got mugged at knifepoint, i mean, knifepoint in the middle of the day

3. i have just found out this evening that on saturday night, 3 people attacked one of my mates when he was ok his way home from the pub, after they gave him such a kicking that he had to get himself to casualty with a cut open head, he was on his way to the police station (about a five min walk from the hospital) when the same 3 ****ing pieces of shit jumped on him again, leaving him needing plastic surgery to him face

i mean, come on, this is ****ing ridiculous, nowhere should be like this, its more like a ****ing warzone than a hometown
Unread 20 Apr 2004, 22:22   #2
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: my hometown is going to hell in a handbasket

Unread 20 Apr 2004, 22:24   #3
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Go live with Mark, there's no such thing as crime in Durham /o\
Unread 20 Apr 2004, 22:29   #4
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i cant afford to live with mark, in fact, i am constantly amazed that mark and sam can afford that lovely house
Unread 20 Apr 2004, 22:35   #5
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

Seconded.

You can come live in Newcastle with me. Just think of a way to kill my parents (tip: they're going on an airplane soon and there's a rather large building in Middlesborough - two birds, one stone etc)

Seriously though. Come live in the toon. There's a great **** off huge library and lots of pubs. Perfect for you.
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Apr 2004, 22:35   #6
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

before I read this, I was intending to write "everywhere is like whatever it was you were complaining about" but I was wrong, your hometown is going to hell.

Let's build more prisons, nasty uncomfortable cold ones without TVs, good food, mattresses, visitors etc. Everyone convicted of violent crime can go straight to jail, with repeat offenders getting exponentially longer sentences. Who cares if they're rehabilitated when they come out when the fear of going back can keep them in line instead?
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Apr 2004, 22:39   #7
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
before I read this, I was intending to write "everywhere is like whatever it was you were complaining about" but I was wrong, your hometown is going to hell.

Let's build more prisons, nasty uncomfortable cold ones without TVs, good food, mattresses, visitors etc. Everyone convicted of violent crime can go straight to jail, with repeat offenders getting exponentially longer sentences. Who cares if they're rehabilitated when they come out when the fear of going back can keep them in line instead?

Sounds like the Glasshouse is rumoured to be like at Colchester.

But it isn't. It's really rather nice, for a prison.

Basically a barracks you can't leave.
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Apr 2004, 22:42   #8
Dark-Strider
Reservoir Dog

Dark-Strider is on a distinguished road

where do u live roadrunner?
btw I know how you feel. In my little town (Crewekerne) someone was murdred at about 1am.
Bottle to the back of the head :/.
It seems Britain is getting a lot more nasty and violent.
Almost makes me not want to live here. :/
Unread 20 Apr 2004, 22:44   #9
roadrunner_0
cynic

live in a place called bishop auckland, about 30 miles south of newcastle
Unread 20 Apr 2004, 22:45   #10
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

Not many places are worse than the Rhondda, I think wherever you are can lay claim to being one of them though.
Unread 20 Apr 2004, 22:46   #11
MrMighty
Chimping

MrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the rough

<3 Bishop Auckland Registry Office.
MrMighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Apr 2004, 22:47   #12
roadrunner_0
cynic

why do you love that MrMighty?????????
Unread 20 Apr 2004, 22:53   #13
MrMighty
Chimping

MrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the rough

I'm designing the refurbishment of it.
Unread 20 Apr 2004, 22:53   #14
Reidy
I AM THE ONE & ONLY

Reidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to all

Crook is worse than Bishop for rucks mate, still not a nice place to live tho

Blind Faith - FTM
Reidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Apr 2004, 22:56   #15
roadrunner_0
cynic

well MrMighty, whatever you do, dont walk around in town if you do have to come here

reidy: your right, but its not all fighting, and quite frankly, the fighting is what bothers me least, i can generally handle myself, *generally*
Unread 20 Apr 2004, 23:02   #16
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

**** sake, where do you live?

and they say bad things come in 3's, theres your 3.

Now, go get some friends, kill your neighbour.

Find the mugger stab him in the face.

and leave those 3 needing a wheelchair for the rest of their lives.

They say Violence breeds more violence, forfill your destiny.
Unread 20 Apr 2004, 23:03   #17
Reidy
I AM THE ONE & ONLY

Reidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to all

I'm going to Bishop Aukland hospital tmrw Sunderland General doesn't love me so i'm stuck in bishop. U should move towards Willington, Brandon way, i used to go to the boxing club at the gym in brandon, its a much better area, cheap too. Did u grow up in Bishop?

Blind Faith - FTM
Unread 20 Apr 2004, 23:10   #18
insane_in_da_membrane
Blowdried

insane_in_da_membrane is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by midge5
Not many places are worse than the Rhondda, I think wherever you are can lay claim to being one of them though.
I agree, that place is ****ing terrible. I used to go to college in Llwynipia, and it's guarenteed I'd get attacked at least once a week, and threatened for the rest of it. I'm not looking forward to them flattening penrhys, the inbreds are gonna probably be given council houses closer to Ponty. *cries*
insane_in_da_membrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Apr 2004, 23:11   #19
roadrunner_0
cynic

aye, born and bred here, willington has a worse rep than bishop btw., to be fair, i would lvoe to move to durham, i just cant afford to at the moment until i get a much better paid job up at county hall heh
Unread 20 Apr 2004, 23:16   #20
Reidy
I AM THE ONE & ONLY

well atleast u dont live in iraq, that must be something. I once watched a safc / newcastle game in crook, it made Baghdad seem quite pleasant. I love the northeast tho, even the bits that are rough around the edges.

Blind Faith - FTM
Unread 20 Apr 2004, 23:17   #21
Reidy
I AM THE ONE & ONLY

durham is full of snobs too, i used to go to school at st leonards when i lived in Murton (catholic family)

Blind Faith - FTM
Unread 20 Apr 2004, 23:18   #22
roadrunner_0
cynic

aye but i can deal with snobs, i just ignore them
Unread 20 Apr 2004, 23:21   #23
Reidy
I AM THE ONE & ONLY

fair enough mate, suppose a snob is better than a knife, i hope u get sorted out

Blind Faith - FTM
Unread 20 Apr 2004, 23:24   #24
MrMighty
Chimping

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
aye, born and bred here, willington has a worse rep than bishop btw., to be fair, i would lvoe to move to durham, i just cant afford to at the moment until i get a much better paid job up at county hall heh
Willington is getting a groovy new SureStart unit with curtain walling and BLUE RENDER on it!
Unread 20 Apr 2004, 23:29   #25
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMighty
I'm designing the refurbishment of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMighty
Willington is getting a groovy new SureStart unit with curtain walling and BLUE RENDER on it!
We have a secret celebrity using the board.
Step forward and confess, Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen
Unread 20 Apr 2004, 23:30   #26
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by insane_in_da_membrane
I agree, that place is ****ing terrible. I used to go to college in Llwynipia, and it's guarenteed I'd get attacked at least once a week, and threatened for the rest of it. I'm not looking forward to them flattening penrhys, the inbreds are gonna probably be given council houses closer to Ponty. *cries*
There was once a plan to flatten Merthyr and move it elsewhere, shame they don't do that now with Maerdy. That place is a real shithole, all of my family who can are moving out of there.
midge5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Apr 2004, 01:14   #27
MrPeach

MrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud of

Bath is a lovely place.

Haven't noticed any crime since I have been here, move here.
MrPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Apr 2004, 01:20   #28
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Twenty three years in South London and counting, not been the victim of a crime yet.

Rids suggestion of murdering your neighbour seems reasonable enough though.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Apr 2004, 01:27   #29
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
Let's build more prisons, nasty uncomfortable cold ones without TVs, good food, mattresses, visitors etc. Everyone convicted of violent crime can go straight to jail, with repeat offenders getting exponentially longer sentences.
Yeah, we started trying this about twenty years ago. Going wonderfully so far, eh?
Unread 21 Apr 2004, 01:43   #30
1-X
overtired

I originally put [trolling the libertarians] tags around that
Unread 21 Apr 2004, 02:46   #31
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
i cant afford to live with mark
I manage it, so you should have no problems.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Apr 2004, 05:12   #32
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

Clearly our outward space investments at the moment are indicative of future penal colonies planned on the moon and mars.

That will sort society, we'll make the criminals the new colonists.

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Apr 2004, 07:29   #33
Ebany
Cute Kitten

Ebany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of light

Is £216 a month that unreasonable for a house? (Thats dividing it between 3, if it was that much in total I'd be a very happy bunny).

And I'd have someone new to nag to do housework.
Ebany is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Apr 2004, 07:46   #34
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
in the past two weeks a number of incidents have really made the realisation hit home that my home town is really really shit

1. my neighbour attacked 2 of my friends last week, then headbutted 2 policemen - of the 8 that turend up to arrest him - nearly kicked our fornt door in, and threatened to set me and one of my housemates on fire ( because of these events, we are currently looking for a new place to live

2. last friday afternoon, at about 1.30pm, in the town centre one of my mates got mugged at knifepoint, i mean, knifepoint in the middle of the day

3. i have just found out this evening that on saturday night, 3 people attacked one of my mates when he was ok his way home from the pub, after they gave him such a kicking that he had to get himself to casualty with a cut open head, he was on his way to the police station (about a five min walk from the hospital) when the same 3 ****ing pieces of shit jumped on him again, leaving him needing plastic surgery to him face

i mean, come on, this is ****ing ridiculous, nowhere should be like this, its more like a ****ing warzone than a hometown
tell them your Internett message board buddy knows how to handle a sniper rifle!

(on a even more serious note, how big is your hometown? surely there must be local thugs that can hammer these three twats into the ground?)
Unread 21 Apr 2004, 08:12   #35
insane_in_da_membrane
Blowdried

insane_in_da_membrane is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by midge5
There was once a plan to flatten Merthyr and move it elsewhere, shame they don't do that now with Maerdy. That place is a real shithole, all of my family who can are moving out of there.
Merthyr isnt that bad since they started trying to redevelop it, they should just flatten the residents now. Though to be honest, half of the towns in the valleys need to go kaput
insane_in_da_membrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Apr 2004, 09:31   #36
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebany
Is £216 a month that unreasonable for a house?
I pay £235 a month at the moment, but its a shit house. Next year i'll be paying about £210 for a much bigger and nicer house .

So yeah, seems like a reasonable price.
Unread 21 Apr 2004, 09:49   #37
roadrunner_0
cynic

i pay £120 a month at the moment, when we move to a 2 bedroom place that is still only likely to rise to about £150 a month (this is about average for the entire area where i live, until you get to darlington, where it rises to nearer £200 a month based on 2 people sharing), durham in overpriced duew to it being a student city, but i would still love to live there
Unread 21 Apr 2004, 10:09   #38
Dante Hicks
Clerk

£120 a month?

You don't know you're born. £450 here....
Unread 21 Apr 2004, 10:23   #39
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
i pay £120 a month at the moment, when we move to a 2 bedroom place that is still only likely to rise to about £150 a month (this is about average for the entire area where i live, until you get to darlington, where it rises to nearer £200 a month based on 2 people sharing), durham in overpriced duew to it being a student city, but i would still love to live there
Well, if the choice is 'Pay £80 more pm' or 'Live in a town full of scum' you know which way my wind is blowing.

Now there's a terrible metaphor.
Unread 21 Apr 2004, 13:29   #40
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

120 a month what do you live in an igloo or something
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Apr 2004, 13:38   #41
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: my hometown is going to hell in a handbasket

The whole of the North East is a culturally depressed semi-civilised hell-hole. I thought you would have realsied this by now.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Apr 2004, 13:40   #42
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I hate people with low rent, I'm paying £260 a month next year for a room in a 4-bedroom flat with no lounge.

And annoyingly I can do alot better for the money.

I AM A MORON
Unread 21 Apr 2004, 14:07   #43
Ebany
Cute Kitten

Ebany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
So you tell us all about how crap your current area is, and then moan the area you'd like to live in is overpriced? Seems to me the area you live is has to be cheap or no bugger would stay!

£120 a month sounds very very cheap to me (That kind of price got me a room in a grotty 4 bed place in Moss Side a few years back - not something I'd like t do again) but I know our current lovely home is a bit pricey, but for the quality and size of the place its good. Anyway, housing benefit has been applied for to bring our rent down with any luck
Unread 21 Apr 2004, 14:51   #44
Reidy
I AM THE ONE & ONLY

where do u live in durham?

Blind Faith - FTM
Unread 21 Apr 2004, 14:52   #45
Reidy
I AM THE ONE & ONLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
The whole of the North East is a culturally depressed semi-civilised hell-hole. I thought you would have realsied this by now.
mebbies a bit harsh

Blind Faith - FTM
Unread 21 Apr 2004, 15:28   #46
roadrunner_0
cynic

to be fair, the actual rent is £370 for a 3 bedroom flat, there ere just three of us sharing, the entire house rent is actually something like £700 a month, but the downstairs is totally seperate to us, plus you students dont pay council tax, which is another £85 a month per flat in the house, actually making the total price before you put any bills on at something like £860 for the house, so its just the way the individual bills are worked out thatmakes it seem cheaper than it is
Unread 21 Apr 2004, 15:53   #47
Ebany
Cute Kitten

us students dont pay council tax? I wish! £122 a month thats being until the council tax benefit gets processed too

£370 for a 3 bed flat is pretty good. Id generally say when a house is divided into seperate flats then consider each seperately, just according to the number of bedrooms you have to compare between a flat and a house. So our 3 bed house in at £650 a month is somewhat more than your flat.

But we dont get beaten up by the neighbours.
Unread 21 Apr 2004, 15:53   #48
Ebany
Cute Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reidy
where do u live in durham?
Up a tiny little back alley.

Towards Nevilles Cross.
Unread 21 Apr 2004, 16:41   #49
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebany
So our 3 bed house in at £650 a month is somewhat more than your flat.
On the other hand, it's 10 minutes walk from a main line station, 10 minutes from the centre of town and came with a huge TV.

Oh, and we don't live in a shithole, which is always a plus.
Unread 21 Apr 2004, 16:45   #50
roadrunner_0
cynic

very true, if it was just me to consider, i would have actually asked if i coould move in with you two the last time i moved house, but lee cant afford a place by himself, and i am loath to move out, as he is a good housemate, adn i like living with him, so me and him are looking for a place, which should be ok with the two of us
oh, and ebany, i know you arent studens sorry for not making myself clear, i know you work damn hard