User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 18 Feb 2007, 00:41   #1
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society
[Boxing]

Audley Harrison just got knocked out by Sprott to lose the english heavyweight championships.

Looked a wild shot that got lucky to me but surely thats harrisons career over pretty much.

Was funny before the fight, harrison boo'd then refused to touch gloves, the ref saying he wont start the fight till he did
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Feb 2007, 00:59   #2
Forest

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: [Boxing]

Added to that, Amir Khan knocked his opponant out in the first round.

Now, bearing in mind he is a young fighter learning his trade, and going through a steep learning curve, and his opponant was no mug, it just shows what the british public try and o with there 'knock someone at all costs' attitude, when they stand there and boo.

Disgraceful.
Unread 18 Feb 2007, 02:09   #3
Maladoni
Infrequent

Maladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud of

Shame both Harrison and Khan got out showed by Earl vs Katsidis. True warriors.
Unread 18 Feb 2007, 02:22   #4
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

harrison is now done. whats your point about khan though? hes just a tool of propaganda championed by the government who want to show you can be islamic and british at the same time. hes just in the 'o hey lets feed jobbers to him so he looks strong' stage of his career, i reserve judgement till his first title fight.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Feb 2007, 02:23   #5
Hardworker

Hardworker has a spectacular aura aboutHardworker has a spectacular aura about

when is khan fighting again?? and where? i might watch him if its at the reebok
Unread 18 Feb 2007, 02:38   #6
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I don't care.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Feb 2007, 02:43   #7
Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh
harrison is now done. whats your point about khan though? hes just a tool of propaganda championed by the government who want to show you can be islamic and british at the same time. hes just in the 'o hey lets feed jobbers to him so he looks strong' stage of his career, i reserve judgement till his first title fight.
Agreed totally about Harrison.

My point about Khan is that he shouldnt be taking on title fights, he is still learning the game, and learning very well.

No-one starts with the big fights, he is now only at the stage of a 8 round fight, and only just moved to that from 6 round fights. He has to take on appropriate opponants, and he si doing so, and beating them.

But as usual, the british public start knocking someone as soon as they put them on that pedastool (sp?).

I really dont get your governement tool and islam thing though.
Unread 18 Feb 2007, 02:44   #8
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

fo real?

Unread 18 Feb 2007, 08:44   #9
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little

Harrison isn't done, he got hit by a lucky punch that would have knocked anyone out, it happens. He'll have another fight by the end of the year, and this time next year he'll be saying the same old "i'll be world champion by the end of the year" rubbish. The division is pathetic at the moment, and people know who he is which is good for the sport (even though most seem to dislike his attitude), so i can't see him fading away quite yet.
Unread 18 Feb 2007, 09:22   #10
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maladoni
Shame both Harrison and Khan got out showed by Earl vs Katsidis. True warriors.
Earl vs Katsidis was one of the best fights I've ever seen.
Unread 18 Feb 2007, 11:37   #11
Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apothos
Harrison isn't done, he got hit by a lucky punch that would have knocked anyone out, it happens. He'll have another fight by the end of the year, and this time next year he'll be saying the same old "i'll be world champion by the end of the year" rubbish. The division is pathetic at the moment, and people know who he is which is good for the sport (even though most seem to dislike his attitude), so i can't see him fading away quite yet.

This follows on from a lot of bad performances, infact, he has nly had one good fight since he won his medal.
I dont see how he can be good for the sport, he is fast becoming a laughing stock.
He will have other fights, but his career as a contest is over. Even his opponant last night has said he wont be giving him a rematch.
Unread 18 Feb 2007, 12:01   #12
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

the promising thing about Khan is that he boxes clever and once he gets bigger he will be a decent fighter. Beating Kindelan in his rematch after the olympics was a bit of an achievement, as Kindelan was a good boxer. Since then he's had to work his way up, when he meets a decent fighter again let me know so I can remember to watch.

We all knew Harrison was crap from the absolute rubbish that was his first fight with Danny Williams (which was the last card I really watched properly, Khan was on it too), which was round after round of holding and occasional body punches. On top of that he comes across as a complete tosspot, so yeah plenty to like about him.
Unread 18 Feb 2007, 12:38   #13
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
This follows on from a lot of bad performances, infact, he has nly had one good fight since he won his medal.
I dont see how he can be good for the sport, he is fast becoming a laughing stock.
He will have other fights, but his career as a contest is over. Even his opponant last night has said he wont be giving him a rematch.
You're wrong. He hasn't had "a lot of bad performances," he's had a lot of average performances which don't live up to his own hype and he is becoming a "laughing stock" because he still seems to think he's the next big thing when clearly he is nothing special. He'll be back fighting "decent" opponents next year.
And ofcourse Sprott wouldn't like a rematch, he knows it was a rather fortunate shot.
Unread 18 Feb 2007, 14:53   #14
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Howard, the strangest things, have happened lately when i
Take a good swing at all my dreams - they pivot and slip
I drop my fists and theyre back laughing, Howard
My intentions become not to lose what i've won
Ambition has given way to desperation, and i
Lost the fight for my eyes

Boxing's been good to me, Howard
Now im told, "you're growing old"
The whole time you knew, a couple of years i'd be through
Has boxing been good to you?

Unread 18 Feb 2007, 20:16   #15
Maladoni
Infrequent

Maladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
Earl vs Katsidis was one of the best fights I've ever seen.
Although a totally different weight division Earl reminded me of Denis Andres. As pugilists go he was old school. It really did not matter what style his opponent was. Boxer, Dancer, South pore, Orthodox, Bruiser, Jab and Move etc, he planted his feet in the middle of the ring and he took punishment. But by god he dished it out as well. Blow for blow, round for round, and pound for pound.

Respect.