User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 12 Nov 2017, 04:51   #1
Devlin

Devlin has a spectacular aura aboutDevlin has a spectacular aura aboutDevlin has a spectacular aura about
Def points

Two suggestions.

1) Make it so you can sort the Ally Members page by defpoints. At the moment you have to click each member's name and look at their defpoints on that page 1-by-1.

2) Defense priorities. Have 3 or 4 categories of priority (high/medium/low/nodef or green/yellow/orange/red). Have two different ways of automatically assigning members to these priorities: by number of defpoints, and by percent rank in defpoints.

Number of defpoints is straightforward. Have 3 integers you could define for low/med/high. So low could be more than 5 points, medium more than 15 points, high more than 30 points, nodef is anyone that isn't low/med/high.

Percentage is fairly simple too. Again, define 3 integers. In this example we will use hypotheticals of 20, 40, 80. High priority = top 20% of members ranked by defpoints. Medium = top 40%. Low = top 80%. Nodef = the leftovers.

Also, make "nodef" an option. So if you tick a checkbox, you have a nodef category. Untick it and you only have high/med/low.

If you dislike idea #2, but like idea #1 (because who couldn't like idea #1?) then please express your like/dislike for each idea individually.

Sorry if any of this post seems incoherent. I spent last night DCing til 3am and slept 2 hours.
Devlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Nov 2017, 04:57   #2
Kallysandra

Kallysandra will become famous soon enoughKallysandra will become famous soon enough
Re: Def points

1 definitely, for the dc's maybe 2 as well
Kallysandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Nov 2017, 06:38   #3
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devlin View Post
Two suggestions.

1) Make it so you can sort the Ally Members page by defpoints. At the moment you have to click each member's name and look at their defpoints on that page 1-by-1.

2) Defense priorities. Have 3 or 4 categories of priority (high/medium/low/nodef or green/yellow/orange/red). Have two different ways of automatically assigning members to these priorities: by number of defpoints, and by percent rank in defpoints.

Number of defpoints is straightforward. Have 3 integers you could define for low/med/high. So low could be more than 5 points, medium more than 15 points, high more than 30 points, nodef is anyone that isn't low/med/high.

Percentage is fairly simple too. Again, define 3 integers. In this example we will use hypotheticals of 20, 40, 80. High priority = top 20% of members ranked by defpoints. Medium = top 40%. Low = top 80%. Nodef = the leftovers.

Also, make "nodef" an option. So if you tick a checkbox, you have a nodef category. Untick it and you only have high/med/low.

If you dislike idea #2, but like idea #1 (because who couldn't like idea #1?) then please express your like/dislike for each idea individually.

Sorry if any of this post seems incoherent. I spent last night DCing til 3am and slept 2 hours.

This is 2017

We don't do def points

Most allies have support planets / bot network
For this

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Nov 2017, 06:41   #4
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

I snapped my fingers and created #1 just for you

I'm not a fan of #2 because def points are too arbitrary for my liking to base anything off of, but I can simply not use it if I don't like it. Whether it's worth the time to spend on it to code is not up to me!
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Nov 2017, 08:07   #5
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

Roids number is also a choice to prioritize def, late joiners may have too low def points even if they're active deffers, fleet catch or SKs could also be reasons to prioritize def, that's why I don't like the idea of making it automatic.
Unread 12 Nov 2017, 11:00   #6
Ave

Ave is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA View Post
This is 2017

We don't do def points

Most allies have support planets / bot network
For this
Inside intel?
Unread 12 Nov 2017, 21:07   #7
Devlin

Devlin has a spectacular aura aboutDevlin has a spectacular aura aboutDevlin has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrikc View Post
I snapped my fingers and created #1 just for you
That link just forwards me to https://game.planetarion.com/alliance.pl
Devlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Nov 2017, 21:20   #8
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Then you probably don't have access.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote