User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 16 May 2012, 22:22   #101
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Jagex - Ominously silent

Can you please stop whining every week or two about how Jagex doesn't care about you? We know.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2012, 00:14   #102
Korsan
Always MadcowS

Korsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Can you please stop whining every week or two about how Jagex doesn't care about you? We know.
Can you please ignore things you don't like or just take a pill to calm down? I don't need your permission to write things on a public forum. I am just trying to pull out some information. You don't care? It's ok! I do. Get used to it, life is like that..

btw if more ppl did care we maybe would have a better chance to get some information but I guess that's also just a megalomaniac thought of me, right?

And...

Relation Change Ascendancy and the Horde are now at war with each other.
Korsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2012, 08:31   #103
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, what you're trying to do is gain popularity by appearing to champion what you perceive to be a popular opinion amongst the PA community.

And failing.
Unread 17 May 2012, 09:23   #104
neroon

neroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of light

do not buy any credits.. lot of u !

better let this crap die instead of just feeding some idiots with money
Unread 17 May 2012, 22:45   #105
Korsan
Always MadcowS

Korsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3k View Post
Actually, what you're trying to do is gain popularity by appearing to champion what you perceive to be a popular opinion amongst the PA community.

And failing.
Thanks for your comment. It is much appreciated here.
But why do you all oppose my questions? Don't you want to get some more information? I don't get this hostility...

And...

Unread 21 May 2012, 13:34   #106
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

Appocomaster, any news?
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2012, 16:52   #107
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

When there is news, you will know...
Unread 21 May 2012, 18:38   #108
Reincarnate
ToF

Reincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster View Post
you said there is news but we are not allowed to know yet.....
[19:10] <coffee-> dont worry about Reincarnate he is an angry man

R1 - 9 none | R10.5 - 13 [ToF] | R14 [Reunion] | R15-17 [Subh] | R18 - 36 PA vacation | R37 [Evo] | R38 [NFI] | R39 & 40 [ToF] | R41 [Omega] | R42 - 47 [ToF][HC]
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2012, 19:15   #109
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

I beleive he said that there was news from Jagex but he was waiting to heasr himself what it is. before relaying it to us
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2012, 20:09   #110
Nitros
Internal Error

Nitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to behold

indeed

[]LCH[] ..lets change history
Nitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2012, 22:15   #111
Korsan
Always MadcowS

Please don't talk about this. Myzststck might feel offended again and feel urged to type an answer.

And...

Unread 22 May 2012, 07:24   #112
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Oh, no, it's just your whining I can't put up with. Everyone else's is fine.

Now that I've saved my internet honour, if we're done trolling here, that'd be great.

Hugs and kisses.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2012, 08:44   #113
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Poco, that may be true, but we have been waiting for news so long.... I cannot wait, thats how eager i am to hear it :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korsan View Post
Please don't talk about this. Myzststck might feel offended again and feel urged to type an answer.
Fact: I am genuinely interested, that's a lot different from whining
Unread 22 May 2012, 12:45   #114
Korsan
Always MadcowS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Oh, no, it's just your whining I can't put up with. Everyone else's is fine.

Now that I've saved my internet honour, if we're done trolling here, that'd be great.

Hugs and kisses.
I don't care what you consider as whining and what not. Especially when other people write exactly the same thing as me and you just troll at me. That makes me think you got a grudge on me for whatever reason - that makes me sad as i really appreciate our friendship.

And...

Unread 22 May 2012, 13:53   #115
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I have knowledge of potential news that has not yet been confirmed and which I have not been privy to the details on. I am waiting for details so that the PA Team and I can confirm some things with JageX and then we'll hopefully have an announcement or two and a Q&A or something.
Unread 22 May 2012, 17:10   #116
Tiamat101

Tiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the rough

Thats alot of "I think I know something, but im trying to be as careful with words as i can" language there appoco.
Unread 22 May 2012, 17:37   #117
Zaejii
This Space for Rent
Speedy Thief Champion, Turbo Turtle Champion, Cop-For-This Champion

Zaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat101 View Post
Thats alot of "I think I know something, but im trying to be as careful with words as i can" language there appoco.
No, he has heard about something and is awaiting confirmation and specific details before giving us information that is false or incorrect.
Unread 23 May 2012, 10:24   #118
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Indeed. As much as i want news, i would rather have correct news late then false news now
Unread 23 May 2012, 15:19   #119
Rick111

Rick111 is on a distinguished road

can see the happiness is still spreading

keep up the good work folks

Unread 28 May 2012, 21:04   #120
Kaur

Kaur is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
GamesIndustry International has learned from an anonymous source that Jagex will be closing down its browser-based, free-to-play strategy title 8 Realms after the game failed to prove itself to be economically viable.The source reports that 8 Realms only reached a ten per cent share of the player figures it would need to turn a profit. As a result of the forthcoming closure, several jobs are expected to be lost.

Whilst Jagex is attempting to re-home as many employees from the 8 Realms team as possible, a consultation period has apparently been under way at the American-owned developer for three weeks as decisions are made over who will be let go. This was allegedly kept under wraps in order to prevent recruiters from approaching key staff with other job offers.

"Jagex has always been committed to creating fun and compelling games," said Jagex's Daniel Clough. "During the 8Realms beta it has become clear that the game doesn't meet our high expectations for success and we are therefore channelling our focus on other exciting opportunities in the pipeline."

8 Realms' beta launched on May 5, 2011: Jagex's first foray into cross-platform HTML development and funded by the phenomenal success of Runescape. Gameplay is based around maturing a civilisation from "Caveman to Spaceman", in competition with other players from around the world.

Monetisation for the game comes from in-game purchases of currency items, which can be bought with either cash or Jagex's bespoke J Coins.

After Runescape's runaway popularity and profitability, Jagex has struggled to find a second hit, despite a well stocked catalogue of titles and the FunOrb flash game portal.
gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-05-28-report-jagex-to-shutter-8realms-job-losses-involved

FunOrb, Stellar Dawn, 8realms abandoned. Planetarion and War Of Legends next.

Sorry guys.
Kaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2012, 21:05   #121
Appocomaster
PA Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaur View Post
gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-05-28-report-jagex-to-shutter-8realms-job-losses-involved

FunOrb, Stellar Dawn, 8realms abandoned. Planetarion and War Of Legends next.

Sorry guys.
Is that just a prediction?
Unread 28 May 2012, 21:36   #122
abaladjay

abaladjay is on a distinguished road

Well now that this news is out in the trades. Jagex would be smart to inform its player bases what is next for them, b4 they start leaving or stop paying to play in anticipation of shuttering games . just a bit of common PR SENSE

STOP THE HEMORRHAGING OF THEIR PAYING PLAYER BASE, BEFORE IT REALLY GETS ROLLING
abaladjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2012, 21:48   #123
Appocomaster
PA Team

I will ask for clarification from Jagex, particularly as I have had assurances in the past that this is not the case and I believe that the game breaks even

Last edited by Appocomaster; 28 May 2012 at 22:59. Reason: rephrasing
Appocomaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2012, 23:23   #124
abaladjay

abaladjay is on a distinguished road

Thanks
abaladjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2012, 23:36   #125
Korsan
Always MadcowS

ANY word from Jagex is much appreciated after 2 years.

And...

Unread 4 Jun 2012, 13:49   #126
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Planets:792

I would say that the news poco is referring to, IS probably the end ....

All time low
Unread 4 Jun 2012, 14:35   #127
Appocomaster
PA Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy View Post
Planets:792

I would say that the news poco is referring to, IS probably the end ....

All time low
Despite the fact that
1) all summer rounds are lower than other rounds traditionally
2) I've said that my news is definitely not this
Unread 4 Jun 2012, 18:42   #128
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Yet you havent said any news yet which means that its not a definite no

Are they all still on holiday Appoco?? Sounds like an amazing place to work, no one is ever there. All jetsetting around the world
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2012, 19:03   #129
Korsan
Always MadcowS

No Kaiba, hold on as there is something in development (for 2-3 years now) which will be announced shortly.
Maybe Jagex forgot they own PA? At least I feel like they did...

Quote:
Despite the fact that
1) all summer rounds are lower than other rounds traditionally
2) I've said that my news is definitely not this
So what are the news then? Is there really any need to hold back any info more than this? And why are YOU as a developer responsible for this? Didn't they appoint 2 "community managers" for planetarion? A decent way to let others take the fire comming from the community..

And...

Last edited by Korsan; 4 Jun 2012 at 19:15.
Unread 5 Jun 2012, 16:16   #130
Elevator
Crackhead

Elevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the rough

I'm still half in shock each time I stop by and see that this game is still alive...
Unread 6 Jun 2012, 08:04   #131
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

Will the news be that Jagex agreed to sell the name Planetarion to Spinner ?
Unread 7 Jun 2012, 20:48   #132
Kaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korsan View Post
No Kaiba, hold on as there is something in development (for 2-3 years now) which will be announced shortly.
Maybe Jagex forgot they own PA? At least I feel like they did...

So what are the news then? Is there really any need to hold back any info more than this? And why are YOU as a developer responsible for this? Didn't they appoint 2 "community managers" for planetarion? A decent way to let others take the fire comming from the community..
Just so you know, the person you know as "Mod MarkG" does not work at Jagex any more according to his LinkedIn account.
Unread 9 Jun 2012, 22:07   #133
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Appocomaster,

Jagex have owned PA for.. 2 years now? Not sure, but as you might understand, after all those promises made and none kept (that i know of), i am a bit sceptic. I am probably not the only one either....

I know this is a summer round, and i know you promised it would not be this kind of news. But i was merely being sarcastic, since the news you wanted to bring out, but wasn't confirmed, still is unconfirmed (you posted that on the 22nd). YOu were just waiting for details. Well, that must be quite an amount of details if it takes that much time to tell you.

The point is not that i think you are not telling the truth. I am convinced you actually are telling the truth as you see it.

The point is that after all that time and empty promises and unimportant changes (using email instead of username, having your account stay over multiple rounds, etc), nothing of any real value has changed.

I find it a blamage that Jagex, who own the game, let PA Staff hold off the hordes of players longing for news (oh wait, hordes are now decimated .....).

It would be SO simple for them to post here. Even if it was to let us know that by <fill in arbitrary date> we will know about the future of PA. OR that nothing is going to change. Or whatever other news.

It also would be so simple to post our game on the Jagex site in the game list (provided they get that site working properly for a change...).

Appocomaster, i really hope you bring us some great news, but don't get your hopes up. If Jagex's past behaviour doesn't change, they will keep you in the dark just as much as they keep us in the dark.
Unread 14 Jun 2012, 22:06   #134
Kaur

Quote:
Hi Everyone,
We have decided to withdraw 8Realms from the market on the 1st of July for a number of reasons, chief amongst those was to focus sharply on our three priorities for this year namely continuing to grow RuneScape, developing a great Transformers MMO and the launch of another game that is currently a closely guarded secret.

[WALL OF TEXT EDITED OUT]

Cheers,
Mark Gerhard
Chief Executive Officer [of Jagex]
8realms.com/closed.ws
Not sure what it means. Could this be the remake of Planetarion? Is this the announcement Appocomaster does not want to release yet? Or it could mean you have been abandoned for another project (which imo is way more likely)?
Unread 15 Jun 2012, 14:29   #135
Korsan
Always MadcowS

Quote:
Not sure what it means. Could this be the remake of Planetarion? Is this the announcement Appocomaster does not want to release yet? Or it could mean you have been abandoned for another project (which imo is way more likely)?
It means that they are working on another game which is not released yet.

Don't get your expectations too high. They will not rework PA when they drop other games like hot potatoes.

And...

Unread 15 Jun 2012, 16:15   #136
budious
Egoistic Warmonger

budious has a spectacular aura aboutbudious has a spectacular aura about

I look forward to the closure of PA as I cannot escape the droves of people who stalk me until I come back to play it. Closing PA is the only and final solution. Close PA if you are listening Jagex, for the good of us all, save us from ourselves.
budious is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jun 2012, 01:20   #137
Kaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by budious View Post
I look forward to the closure of PA as I cannot escape the droves of people who stalk me until I come back to play it. Closing PA is the only and final solution. Close PA if you are listening Jagex, for the good of us all, save us from ourselves.
Reverse psychology
Unread 20 Jun 2012, 05:00   #138
budious
Egoistic Warmonger

Quote:
Reverse psychology
Reverse?
Unread 22 Jun 2012, 22:27   #139
Spinner
Founder of Planetarion

Spinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant future

My long post from last night was deleted?

My apologies then, I really did not feel it was out of line...Couldn't you have edited out the bits concerning my new game, and left the bits about PA, including the constructive suggestions?? Seriously?
Unread 22 Jun 2012, 23:07   #140
Spinner
Founder of Planetarion

Spinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant future

Unfortunately, I never saved it...I suspect that deleted posts are indeed stored somewhere, so if someone of the bosses in here could send it to me, I can "niceify" it a bit and try again..?
Maybe it was too harsh on Jagex though, maybe that's why it was removed. Oh well, I just give credit where credit is due, and that knife cuts both ways in my book.
Unread 22 Jun 2012, 23:15   #141
budious
Egoistic Warmonger

I swore I saw baddars mentioning the longer post I read last night. Did I take the red pill or the blue? Do I even care? Stop trying to keep me playing PA spinner.
Unread 22 Jun 2012, 23:20   #142
Spinner
Founder of Planetarion

wow, baddars post was deleted too?
Whats up with this then?????
Unread 22 Jun 2012, 23:45   #143
Korsan
Always MadcowS

What's up? Nothing... That's what's up here. And that's the problem.

And...

Unread 22 Jun 2012, 23:57   #144
Spinner
Founder of Planetarion

Something is up. First my post deleted, then a totally innocent response to my comment on the post-removal..?wtf?
Unread 23 Jun 2012, 00:05   #145
Korsan
Always MadcowS

Criticism is not everyone's friend. And people in here know that once your game is finished there will be a huge migration.
I really trust in your honesty about your suggestions to PA. That's why I don't understand this censoring. After all it is your baby.

And...

Unread 23 Jun 2012, 01:13   #146
tobyy

tobyy is an unknown quantity at this point

does this new game work with Facebook? i've always thought thats where the money is ?
maybe Jagex will do something to celebrate the 50th round? like buy an advert saying "play pa its better now spinner is gone"
tobyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2012, 01:16   #147
Baddars
FAnG Battle Commander

Baddars is just really niceBaddars is just really niceBaddars is just really niceBaddars is just really nice

hmm... i was deleted!

thats not funny!
===================================================
Baddars is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2012, 01:29   #148
Spinner
Founder of Planetarion

Until I know why my post was deleted, it's best that I don't mention the unmentionable, or share my views on an unmentionable company.
However, in general terms, one can possibly think along these lines:
Facebook is where the USERS are. But, just like in a few app-stores, 95% of the games don't make a profit when development-costs are considered.
If I, or anyone else to remain on neutral grounds, wanted USERS, sure, I'd go all in with Facebook.

If I may risk saying so without having this post deleted as well, I am not after USERS, not in the 6, 7 or 8 digit numbers. I am much more happy with somewhat smaller communities, as it allows me to communicate more directly and be an active and visible part of it.
Also, and I mean no disrespect to anyone, I still have not found a single FB-game that I would enjoy playing. See, they are "designed" to be simple, repetetive, and cause as little load as possible per user, so the complexity usually suffers, simply due to "scaling for USERS" and "keeping costs down".
Personally I would much rather make a game I think is great, and have 30.000 people enjoying it, than making a game I don't like that can brag of 1.000.000 users. Why not combine them and make a fantastic game for 1.000.000 users? Simply put, it's not realistic for a 3 man company, and a handful of freelancers, with a limited budget, to produce something on that scale.

I guess you can say I prefer to operate on the opposite end of the "quality VS quantity"-scale than Zynga & Co.

To me, Facebook is a communications-channel, not a serious gaming-platform.
Unread 23 Jun 2012, 01:30   #149
Spinner
Founder of Planetarion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddars View Post
hmm... i was deleted!

thats not funny!
I know, and not a word from anyone as to why....
Unread 23 Jun 2012, 01:37   #150
Baddars
FAnG Battle Commander

Baddars is just really niceBaddars is just really niceBaddars is just really niceBaddars is just really nice

not a word to me either. just pure and unadulterated censorship.

didnt even think that what i said was bad apart from mentioning a certain unmentionable thing that might have some unmentionable link to a certain person who used to be a big part of the community and likes spinning, for fitness ofc, not that its in his name, cos that would be stupid!
===================================================
Baddars is offline   Reply With Quote