User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 24 Jul 2007, 08:53   #1
Batusai

Batusai is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Production of Stolen Ships

It came to me and my friends about the discussion on Zik Ships, they usually come back with the stolen ships after a combat - we were thinking that the zik pilots hi-jacked the new shippies and no one was left to control their own ships , maybe that's why there's a suicide issue.

Well, we've been thinking about letting the Zik produce the ships that they've stolen. A zik player could steal at least 1 ship of any race, then that player would be able to produce that kind of ship. It would be a cool idea!

I just don't know if most ppl would agree to that idea, but anyway, it would be a good additional special ability for ziks, or after stealing the ship, they must research that ship's features in order to be able to build that kind of ship, or a modified version.

Just a simple idea I thought that might be cool
R21 Rookie - Havoc Rank #68
R22 - Alliance DC
Batusai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jul 2007, 09:02   #2
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: Production of Stolen Ships

If such an option was made, it should be made severely restricted to avoid overpowering. There's very obvious downsides to it. To produce the ships should cost significantly more than the original copies (up to 100% more), and they should probably be restricted in amount (no more produced than was originally stolen). Otherwise you'll end up with a too powerful ability to tailor fleets (see the thread regarding eitrades being able to choose their ships). Generally, self-tailoring fleets out of an expanded selection is a massive threat to already feeble game balance.

Research times are just a minor setback, and definately insufficient. Just pumpu up research.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jul 2007, 09:39   #3
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

If this would happen, i hope they change the production aspect a little.
Instead of using your normal light/medium/heavy factories you would have to build new types of factories (heavy/medium/light) of this and that race.

The building costs would be 2-5times higher per facility & effectiveness (amount of ships produced) should be 25-50% of the original.

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jul 2007, 10:29   #4
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Sorry but that'd be incredibly overpowered - a fact that there's no way around whatsoever.
Unread 24 Jul 2007, 15:33   #5
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

I concur with furball, this would be incredibly over powered, even if severe restrictions are placed on it. Ziks are already quite strong, just by the nature of their race, this would only further increase the imbalance in their favor.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2007, 04:30   #6
Batusai

Batusai is an unknown quantity at this point

Hmm, i've never thought about it for the other races

It does show a great imbalance for the other races.

I think that other races should also be given additional special abilities as well to balance this feature.

Though atm, i can't think of features to add to them
R21 Rookie - Havoc Rank #68
R22 - Alliance DC
Batusai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2007, 05:56   #7
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Adding new features just to balance a new feature is inherently a bad idea.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2007, 10:59   #8
SpookyVince
The Force of Spookyness

SpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batusai
It came to me and my friends about the discussion on Zik Ships, they usually come back with the stolen ships after a combat - we were thinking that the zik pilots hi-jacked the new shippies and no one was left to control their own ships , maybe that's why there's a suicide issue.
What if the zik stealers could be kept by the other planet? Or at least a part of them? That could be interesting...
Unread 28 Jul 2007, 11:39   #9
The Wanderer

The Wanderer is just really niceThe Wanderer is just really niceThe Wanderer is just really niceThe Wanderer is just really nice

I tryed to make a picture in my mind, what it means ingame, to be able to produce stolen ships.

To produce 100% accurate shiptypes would unblance to game, as some said, I am sure.
To produce lesser variants would be much work of coding to implement them proberly. And is it necessary?

But the idea from SpookyVince IS interessting to me.
What, if I am able to "salvage" the Zik ships? The crew is gone to fly away with one of my ships, and I just pick them out of space.

But even with this abilitie a Zik should not be able to build an entire foreign army.
If a zikplayer can do this, then I want, that every race have the abilitie to steal a certain ammount of zik "thieveryships" too. Perhaps with changed cargoships, so hat they are able pick them out of space.
The weapon of this ship could be a tractorbeam with no damage and low initiative.

But thats only my opinion.

Speak my native language as good as I yours, then flame me again.
The Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote