User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 3 May 2003, 04:45   #1
The Nashmeister

Planetside

Yer, I just got my beta the other day, and I can honestly say this is the greatest game ever made. I suppose it's considered an mmorpg, but it's not really rpgish. The servers are continents, so you can have around 700 people in ONE server. It's amazing... Really low ping as well because they are hosted by the company that makes the game. Unfortunately there is a monthly fee...
Unread 3 May 2003, 05:15   #2
Faulkna

Faulkna is an unknown quantity at this point
It does look like a sexy thing, and its out 19th May
Unread 3 May 2003, 07:34   #3
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
give me beta. You know you want to violate the TOS. C'mon..

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 May 2003, 19:50   #4
Pi-air
hurr!

Pi-air will become famous soon enoughPi-air will become famous soon enough
isn't planetside the battlefield 1942* thingy that you have to pay a monthly fee for?

*-the rpgish elements
Pi-air is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 May 2003, 20:17   #5
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
it's a 700+ person mmofps

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 May 2003, 20:20   #6
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
It looks quite horny....
Structural Integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 May 2003, 20:47   #7
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Anyone got any links about this thing?
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 May 2003, 21:10   #8
Black Dog
Dazed and Confused

Black Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really nice
Look at the thread on it in the Something Awful forums.

[edit] the forums are free to look round at the moment and there's a post a while back that seems to have slipped off the front page in the Games forum about Planetside - lots of posts with screenshots and some pretty good reviews [/edit]

Looks quite ace.

Last edited by Black Dog; 3 May 2003 at 21:20.
Black Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 May 2003, 21:22   #9
The Nashmeister

Fffs, it's probably just www.planetside.com

What the hell else would it be? And by being similar to battlefield 1942 you mean because it's a first person shooter, then yes, it is. It is a first person shooter mixed with rpg in that you can choose your character, class, etc. You go through missions rather than just skirmishes. etc.
Unread 3 May 2003, 21:40   #10
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Oh my that looks rather good!

Edit: i doubt it will run on my pc, so
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2003, 06:52   #11
The Nashmeister

Oh yea, 512 ram, geforce 2 card, and 1 ghz required. Count me out... UNTIL I GET MY NEW COMPUTER!

www.alienware.com

I customized the Grey to about 1600 dollars with the moniter, ti 5600, etc. It's VERY nice and affordable.
Unread 4 May 2003, 09:20   #12
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
It looks so imaginative!
Unread 4 May 2003, 09:48   #13
Zapman
Homesick

Zapman is an unknown quantity at this point
I often have dreams that figure those kind of doll-like soldiers, why didn't they think of making this game earlier?