User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 7 Apr 2003, 08:06   #1
cnaw
Ancient

cnaw is an unknown quantity at this point
The one thing that that takes the war coverage from just average to perfection...

Is the iraqi information minister. This has probobly been mentioned many times before, but there is somthing comical about how well this guy mentions with a straight face that americans are being slaughtered at the gates of Iraq, while on the other side of the split screen, Fox new shows a live interview at the parade grounds. I just love this stuff. Its a pity i don't have cable, and can't watch this 24/7.....
Falling from grace, the human race
Religion can never unite us
Only a few will stay on the barricades"
-Masterplan
cnaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 08:08   #2
mbushell

mbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
He says it whilst in the corner of his eye he can see the opposite out his window
mbushell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 08:10   #3
Monkehpimp
'Useless'

Monkehpimp is an unknown quantity at this point
But they were firing rockets at them!!
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 09:02   #4
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
yeap, if you believed what the information minister said, apparently the entire US army has been destroyed by an aged peasant with a stick, just over the Kuwaiti border. I really hope they don't kill him like they did with Chemical Ali...

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 09:52   #5
Zapman
Homesick

Zapman is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't see why they bother to keep doing it, as the TV station is just about the most-bombed building in the city. And I guess the first thing to do when you're in a wartorn country is to switch on the TV. Instead of flee.
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 10:06   #6
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
no, the palaces have been bombed far far more. and it's called "propaganda" see... one of the weapons of war is propaganda.

Unread 7 Apr 2003, 10:11   #7
Monkehpimp
'Useless'

Monkehpimp is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Radical Edward
no, the palaces have been bombed far far more. and it's called "propaganda" see... one of the weapons of war is propaganda.

first rule of propaganda: make it believeable(sp?)
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 10:27   #8
Radical Edward

Quote:
Originally posted by Monkehpimp
kind of, but it doesn't have to be really, just keep your citizens doing what you want them to. the propaganda machine falls apart when you are losing and everything you say is an obvious fabrication, like denying that US troops are in baghdad when there are a couple of tanks that everyone can see sat on the banks of the Tigris.

Unread 8 Apr 2003, 00:54   #9
cnaw
Ancient

cnaw is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Monkehpimp
I would love to see the face of one of the Iraqi citizens, as they listen to guy mention that the US forces are dieing at the gates of the city; as a M1A1 rumbles by their door.
Falling from grace, the human race
Religion can never unite us
Only a few will stay on the barricades"
-Masterplan
cnaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 05:07   #10
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by cnaw
I would love to see the face of one of the Iraqi citizens, as they listen to guy mention that the US forces are dieing at the gates of the city; as a M1A1 rumbles by their door.
I dont think the Iraqi citizens get the opportunity to watch any TV other than the State Channels?