User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 1 Apr 2003, 04:56   #1
Milenko

Reccomend a digital camera.

One that takes fairly good pictures and doesn't cost an unreasonable amount. That's all I give a damn about. I don't care if it has extra features like video, viewscreen, or if it's small enough to fit in my pocket complete with the provided silk-lined hand-made leather pouch made from the scrotum of 50 starved Ethiopian adolescents.

I currently have a Chameleon XP: "Extreme Photography"
It's a few years old and takes pictures almost ****ty enough to pick out the pixels.

Edit: I'm thinking of the one on the top of this page.
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 07:41   #2
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
1.3 megapix is a joke. you would be far better buying a normal film camera and keeping your current camera if you are only going to pay that much.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 09:05   #3
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
Go for a Sony one, they're ace.
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 09:11   #4
Zapman
Homesick

Zapman is an unknown quantity at this point
You can get something like 5 megapixels nowadays. If you're willing to pay for it though. Otherwise I'd go for a normal camera.
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 09:13   #5
elefant
Commando

elefant is an unknown quantity at this point
This one should cost the same and are a bit less crap
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 09:17   #6
Insa

www.dpreview.com

here you can find all digital cameras with reviews and users-commentary from low-budget to high-end cameras.
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 12:08   #7
FatboySliM

FatboySliM is an unknown quantity at this point
canon powershot a40
FatboySliM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 13:09   #8
Milenko

I know that camera sucks, but I'm cheap and I was under the impression that my current one sucks more.
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 14:50   #9
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute
You don't need anything as flash as a 5 megapixel camera unless your aiming for serious photography, people are just being pedantic about that one.

I have a Kodak CX4200 (2.1 megapixel) camera. It was really cheap, however the pictures I am able to get from it are great. Standard photo sized printouts have no distuingishable difference to a lab produced shot. When I blow them up to A4 there is some banding visible but you really have to look ultra-close to pick it up. Really though, any camera can produce excellent results just as long as you remember two things, avoid using digital zoom, and make sure the subject has exceptional amounts of lighting as it improves focus.

=[DJ Bass]=
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 14:52   #10
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by djbass
and make sure the subject has exceptional amounts of lighting as it improves focus.

=[DJ Bass]=
this is one reason I don't like digital cameras - they are terrible at night shots.

Unread 1 Apr 2003, 15:02   #11
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Radical Edward
this is one reason I don't like digital cameras - they are terrible at night shots.
So are SLR camera's for that matter, you need the right ISO film which tends to have the downfall of being really grainy.

=[DJ Bass]=
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 15:10   #12
Radical Edward

Quote:
Originally posted by djbass
So are SLR camera's for that matter, you need the right ISO film which tends to have the downfall of being really grainy.

=[DJ Bass]=
they don't suffer nearly as much as digital cameral for overexposire though I find.