User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 18 Dec 2007, 16:47   #1
Insomnia

Insomnia is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey, some questions

Hey hey! I have the last couple of days been very bored. Not much happing here home, so I was thinking back asking myself, what took up my time for 3-4 years ago. Then suddently I remember Planetarion. I played the first 6-7 rounds before I had to stop, because it took up all my time. But now I suddently got all the time in the world, so I thought maybe I would give it a try. Thats why I have some questions to all the warriors, or maybe rulers would fit better..

How many are playing planetarion these days?
For those of you playing round 6-7, has there been huge changes?
Which alliances is the most serious and orgenized. Any of the old ones left like VTS, Elysium, Wolfpack etc?
For a "beginner" like me, would it be hard beeing recurited into any major alliances?
Just any info in general would be very nice!

Thanks for all answers,

Insomnia Aka. Hero (ex-Elysium officer)
Insomnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Dec 2007, 16:59   #2
teqh
@ Gamer

teqh has a spectacular aura aboutteqh has a spectacular aura aboutteqh has a spectacular aura about
Re: Hey, some questions

Hi there!

Same thing happened to me really.. played r2-r7 then came back and have played abit the last couple of rounds..

Its been some modifications to the game.. but nothing that should take you more than a hour or two to learn totally.. Your lucky this round is 3days from over.. so you can start fresh and start looking for an allie soon enough

Around 1500 players play these days i think.. with an even smaller core of active players ;s The most serious alliances from their positions and winning possibilities is NewDawn, Conspiracy and Urwins these days.. but there are other alliances who are more than capable next round aswell.. Recruitment aint to hard either, aslong as you contribute and got a positive attitude you should get into a good home.

which rounds were you Elysium ? they were my main allie in the good old days aswell

Cheers

R2 [TE] [Legion] R4 [CELL] R5 [Elysium] R6 [Elysium] R7 [RaH]

R68: Faceless - Rank 6
R65: Norsemen - Rank 3
R60: Ultores - Rank 14
R58: Solo planet - Rank 35 (xp)
R56: Vikings - Rank 14
R54: Vikings - Rank 5
teqh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Dec 2007, 17:00   #3
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of

1. a thousand? or so.
2. yes
3. no alliances these days
4. just apply for any alliance with less than 70 members and I'm sure you'll get in so long as you use vnc or are irc-active.
newt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Dec 2007, 17:33   #4
Insomnia

Insomnia is an unknown quantity at this point

HEy, thanks for answer!

I played in Elysium from round 3 I belive to round 6. I can`t remeber exactly. I was acually in New Dawn just before I joined Elysium :-)

I`ll read around and learn a littlebit more about the game. If I`m going to play, then its hardcore, like back in the days! :-)
Insomnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Dec 2007, 20:54   #5
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

There's a speedgame going at http://speedgame.planetarion.com if you want to see the stats from last round (r23). Research/construction, shipbuilding, and roid "initiating" are very different from the earlier days.

There's also covert-ops and the population/government settings to play with.

Should help you get into the groove of things anyways. Ship stats are different this round so the speedgame won't help there, but there is a public "beta" coming up in early January so you can try it out.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote