User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 14 May 2006, 17:55   #1
ATRO

ATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant future
Self-Exiling is driving me insane.

Hi there just a quick complaint about self-exiling.

I had no choice but to self-exile from a galaxy that had been decent as quite a few players got bored and stopped playing the game. Being in a galaxy of 5 active players was bad enough until those 5 actives decided they were exiling to give themselves a chance in the game.

I in my infinite wisdom also decided to exile as i thought whats the point in being in a gal where im the only active and my score would stick out like a sore thumb....so away i exiled only to land in a galaxy of total non-actives, i stayed for a few ticks to see if anyone would come online but alas they didnt and as far as i could tell there was no irc channel or structure in place, exile again i thought to myself even though its expensive and once again i landed in a galaxy of full of planets but with no-one online whilst i was there. This galaxy had the same problems as the previous one with no irc channel and also no forum posts or def calls on overview etc. Damn i thought gonna have to exile again, my blind luck im in my 3rd inactive galaxy off the trot with a load of inactives, no irc channel, no def calls etc etc.

Now i know a lot of people will say "exiling is a lottery" and this i understand but to get 3 total inactive galaxies off the belt is pretty damn irratating, my next exile is going to cost me a HUGE amount of resources with the rate of the incomings i currently get being a decent sized player and being the only active player in these galaxies i should be able to self-exile again sometime before the end of the round. Is there anything that can be done with the formula so that you dont keep ending up in crap galaxies ? I know people will say "well then it wont be random" but believe me if you were in this predicament you would be slighly miffed too.

Also in the meantime can you move me into a galaxy that contains at least some reasonably active people :crymeariver:
ATRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2006, 18:06   #2
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Self-Exiling is driving me insane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATRO
Also in the meantime can you move me into a galaxy that contains at least some reasonably active people :crymeariver:
No.
Unread 14 May 2006, 18:14   #3
ATRO

ATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant future

Well furball, i was just joking i know i have to take it on the chin, im only suggesting there could be a formula or suchlike introduced instead of it being totally random in future.

Im sure there must be more people like myself who have encountered this situation in the past.
Unread 14 May 2006, 18:19   #4
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

As much as everybody likes dickhead-esque one word replies furball, I can't help but think the guy wants a bit more of an explanation.

ATRO: Obviously you realised that by pressing exile the first time around you could land anywhere in the bottom 25% of galaxies - maybe more. So its really your own fault. However I do agree with you that the exile system is flawed in the way that it benefits very few people.

There are numerous things you can do, the first thing that comes to mind is don't find a buddy pack as **** as your one this round. If you weren't in a BP, get one.

Use www.sandmans.co.uk before exiling, and order galaxies by the number of planets in them and decide if right now is the best time to be exiling - if that bottom 25% is full of galaxies that you wouldn't want to be in, wait a while.

Finally I suppose, don't worry about your roids and just build a pure attacking fleet. You will get your roids back at the same rate as you lose them, so it will all be fine.

EDIT: Oh, and you probably want to consider coming up with a new system rather than "can't somebody else think of an idea?".

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2006, 18:31   #5
ATRO

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Arfy
Use www.sandmans.co.uk before exiling, and order galaxies by the number of planets in them and decide if right now is the best time to be exiling - if that bottom 25% is full of galaxies that you wouldn't want to be in, wait a while.
Thanks for the suggestion, as obvious as it may seem it never entered my head, you are right i probably could have saved myself a lot of resources and time by doing what you stated.

Doh!
Unread 14 May 2006, 19:01   #6
XelNaga

XelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to behold

That's not true. Afaik, you can land in any galaxy that is smaller or equal in size to the biggest out of the 25 or even 35 bottom galaxies.

This means, if there is only one galaxy of 15 in the bottom 35 by planets, you can land in ANY galaxy with 15 planets or less. So, it's 100% lottery.

(Marneus) also the damn thing aint always right 4 + 79 = i type 81 and it kicked me back to the login again grrr
XelNaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2006, 09:06   #7
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

well selfexile is something only active players do, so its like a kick in the nuts to end up in an even whorse gal than before...

i think its strange that everytime someone complains about it its bla bla bla luck bla bla etc i thought this was a game of skill and activity

oh the luck factor is also counted to who you know in team/admin as "some" ppl actually gets a poke in the right direction but i guess thats luck too.
robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2006, 10:46   #8
XelNaga

XelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to behold

It's right that the exile system is a serious flaw in the game, but up to know, no one came up with a better idea.

(Marneus) also the damn thing aint always right 4 + 79 = i type 81 and it kicked me back to the login again grrr
XelNaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2006, 11:08   #9
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

well its should be easy to send the guy to a gal with around the same score or value but then some noob starts to whine that it isnt fair dunno why really
robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2006, 13:14   #10
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robban1
well its should be easy to send the guy to a gal with around the same score or value but then some noob starts to whine that it isnt fair dunno why really
I wouldn't really object to that so much if it wasn't for the fact that we don't all start off with equally active/good galaxies and the game is inherently unbalanced due to this.
Unread 15 May 2006, 16:13   #11
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
I wouldn't really object to that so much if it wasn't for the fact that we don't all start off with equally active/good galaxies and the game is inherently unbalanced due to this.
Yeah any gals with* you in are screwed.

*out
Unread 15 May 2006, 16:18   #12
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniborp
Yeah any gals with* you in are screwed.

*out
I think the scariest thing is the prospect of a round winner's ceremony without me
Unread 15 May 2006, 16:59   #13
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by idimmu
the planetarion passport scheme is purely for one thing and one thing only

so pa team can balance galaxies using the players previous universe positions insuring an even spread of capable players to crap ones

there will be no more buddy packs

true story
This is, of course, not true and he is, of course, not an official Planetarion representative.

ie. Lies.

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2006, 17:05   #14
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
I think the scariest thing is the prospect of a round winner's ceremony without me
I'll give you a mention
Unread 15 May 2006, 17:05   #15
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

I think what we've had in previous rounds (maybe it was only last round, I forget) whereby people in buddy packs can't self exile or be exiled was good because it meant that all galaxies at least had an active core. Obviously this did lead to some dead galaxies where the only active person left in the buddy pack was screwed. However PA Team should be able to identify these galaxies easily enough (especially in a paid round) and disolve them.
Unread 15 May 2006, 17:08   #16
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv
This is, of course, not true and he is, of course, not an official Planetarion representative.

ie. Lies.
ive seen the lies, idi dont lie
Unread 15 May 2006, 17:56   #17
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idimmu
Of course im an official Planetarion representative. I have channels in my sig..
I heard you were the chief coder of pa....
Unread 15 May 2006, 21:15   #18
ATRO

At last i could afford to exile and guess what? my worst yet, by the time i get in an active galaxy this round will be over
Unread 18 May 2006, 14:03   #19
Robsch

Robsch is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATRO
At last i could afford to exile and guess what? my worst yet, by the time i get in an active galaxy this round will be over
maybe you can find an ally that pays your exile costs from ally-funds
Robsch is offline   Reply With Quote