User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 30 Jan 2003, 17:15   #1
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
Leeds United

i dont think they realise that they need players for a football team

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ed/2700913.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ty/2702189.stm

WOODGATE and FOWLER transferred on the SAME day???
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 18:10   #2
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
They are ~£90million in debt, they have no choice but to see their players.
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 18:30   #3
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place
i have been praying to 'god' who ever that is that leeds will be relegated.

If they are, there is a god.
AND he hates leeds.
how ace is that?
Nusselt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 19:24   #4
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Nusselt
i have been praying to 'god' who ever that is that leeds will be relegated.

If they are, there is a god.
AND he hates leeds.
how ace is that?
very ace

vomedy "cardiff city V Leeds united game" next season
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 19:26   #5
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
I feel sorry for Terry Venables.

He's getting threatened by the fans, because Leeds Plc have no idea how to treat money.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 19:31   #6
Freakozoid
Anon.

Freakozoid is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by LHC
I feel sorry for Terry Venables.

He's getting threatened by the fans, because Leeds Plc have no idea how to treat money.

Well, they do.

And they are getting some.

I like the fact that Ridsdale GAVE HIS WORD to El Tel that Woodgate wouldn't be sold.
Freakozoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 19:36   #7
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
Quote:
Originally posted by Freakozoid
Well, they do.

And they are getting some.

I like the fact that Ridsdale GAVE HIS WORD to El Tel that Woodgate wouldn't be sold.
They spent the money, which they didn't have. They allowed O'Leary to build his team around that money, which they didn't have. When Venables arrived, they decided they could no longer afford it, and forced him to sell his best players (Ferdinand, Keane, Fowler, Woodgate), and he now has to work with a squad that was under par previously.

They also made negative profit on Keane and Fowler, spent too much on Ferdinand so only gained £13 million off him, and sold Woodgate for too little.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 19:42   #8
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
so far we've only paid 3million for keane, the rest (other 4 mil)depends on caps/appearances/how well we do/etc

woodgate for 9mil in the current market is quite a bit of money still, he wouldn't have been worth more than 12mil or so when the market was at it's peak

leeds had a good team, they are seriously in decline at the minute whereas the likes of man city who can take advantage of the state of the transfer market are going to start going places

most of the big clubs need to sell (chelsea, leeds, etc) and the smaller clubs can spend 7mil on a striker who would have cost 10 or 15mil a year ago, whilst still not getting into the bad financial situations the bigger clubs are in

it's a funny old game
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 19:55   #9
cheekybru
Synaptidian

cheekybru is an unknown quantity at this point
tis a sad time to be a leeds supporter :'(

<vampy> Cheek is 1337
<Zeus> Cheek is 1337 <-- maybe?
<idimmu> Cheek is 1337
cheekybru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 19:56   #10
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
£10 million for woodgate is comedy

id pay tops of 3.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote