User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 26 Aug 2003, 10:22   #1
seventh
Lai

seventh is an unknown quantity at this point
Reading festival (and damages)

Reading festival again this year was very good.

admittedly i got very drunk and err... utilised some of the better functions of a plant. so i didnt see a distinctly massive amount of bands but still a a fair few. such as:

(Friday)

bowling for soup - who were humorous, but only cos theyre ****.
Finch - who i thought were pretty ****ing good
The Darkness - sorry to all the uber fans i just dont really like them. they played well however and did a good live show etc.
Mclusky - ****ing brilliant as usual
+ i saw a bit of donnie darko

(Saturday)

Funeral for a friend - bloody ****ing small tent. probably the best band i saw this year, played their little welsh hearts out, and i got beaten up by a fat ginger guy (in a pit and i was the smallest so he didnt exactly have to pin me and pummel me) who broke 2 of my ribs and managed to stop me breathing for a minute by kung fu chopping me in the throat, luckily we jumped him later as he walked past our campsite he came off worse than i did.
Thrice - mmm thricey goodness
Poison the well - yyyyyyyyes mate... hardcore bruised as ****.
CaveIn - seem them before, still got boring very quickly
Blur - hmm...rock legends...good but not awe inspiring.
Hundred Reasons - good, and they came from up the road so it was kinda inspiring
The Cooper Temple Clause - were pretty ****ing good actually. lost girlfriend in it though
the streets - yes i like them, yes they were good, yes i was pissed, yes i danced like an idiot with my girlfriend on my shoulders singing all the words...yes thats all i have to say
oh yeh and i heard a bit of boysetsfire and the movielife too...

(Sunday)

Biffy Clyro - Boring as
The used - one of my favorite bands but he said **** too much
system of a down - yes mate.... although was in a crowd collapse.
metallica - ****ing hell what can i say....
Hell is for heroes - another piece of proof that the reading organisers put the best bands in the wrong place...bloody small tent

anyway yeh, it was ****ing great other bonuses were the trolley jumping and the fight club. however after returning i realise that i get tired too quick and need to take sleeping pills with me heh

3rd year that was...and i aint planning on stopping to be perfectly honest

one bitch

people who are watching a highly energetic band and stand there...doing **** all... why dont you just watch a ****ing video. and pogoers...is going up and down that much fun?

how did other people find it/leeds?
[18:02]<DJ_Bass>When i was just a knee basher i ran outside with a coat hanger above my head thinking it would repel lightning

[18:03]<Ashknight>If it hit you, now that would explain a LOT
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Follow the guy in front
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
<[7th]Seventh> liseh?
<Bloomers> hmmm
<Bloomers> he's okay
<Bloomers> you are fitter tho
seventh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2003, 18:23   #2
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
your liking of the streets pushes your opinion from "musically diverse" to "wrong"

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2003, 18:35   #3
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute
i thought you were never posting here again andy
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2003, 18:37   #4
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

Bloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura about
i was in reading (shopping for clothes) on sunday and there were so many people dressed in black with earrings and dyed hair and stuff. i felt out of place wearing my flash clothes.
Unread 26 Aug 2003, 18:47   #5
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
You went to see all that ****e and didn't see The Mars Volta? Your taste in music is beyond disasterous.
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2003, 18:48   #6
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Deffeh
your liking of the streets pushes your opinion from "musically diverse" to "wrong"

to be fair, when approached with an open mind they are merely 'meh. pretty crap'.

PS: YOU DIDNT SEE PENNYWISE YOU ****ING CRETIN
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2003, 18:54   #7
Woof
Banned

Woof is an unknown quantity at this point
My mate went on Sunday to see the Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs cos he's the A&R who helped sign them.
Woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2003, 19:04   #8
Embroglio

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Woof
My mate went on Sunday to see the Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs cos he's the A&R who helped sign them.
I love them, and now him.
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Unread 26 Aug 2003, 19:26   #9
Woof
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Embroglio
I love them, and now him.
On the Back cover of the CD sleeve, 3/4 of the way up it says "Alex Close and all at polydoor"
That'll be him!

I brought the CD, not because i really like the band, but cos one of my best mates gets a mention.
Unread 26 Aug 2003, 19:52   #10
Embroglio

Quote:
Originally posted by Woof
On the Back cover of the CD sleeve, 3/4 of the way up it says "Alex Close and all at polydoor"
That'll be him!

I brought the CD, not because i really like the band, but cos one of my best mates gets a mention.
Could you get him to kiss me?
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Unread 26 Aug 2003, 20:31   #11
Woof
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Embroglio
Could you get him to kiss me?
I'll see what i can do, no promises tho!
Unread 26 Aug 2003, 21:51   #12
Potatouk
Dude with meat

Potatouk is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

the darkness rocked.

metallica and system were utterly amazing as well,
well worth it this year
Potatouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2003, 23:39   #13
Add

Add will become famous soon enoughAdd will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by Potatouk
the darkness rocked.

metallica and system were utterly amazing as well,
well worth it this year
the darkness were terrible (good songs, poor performance) far too up themselves. system stole the show for me. metallica were good but any band would have been with that much pyrotechinics etc. i'm like them but i'm not a huge fan of their solo's.
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 00:25   #14
Freakozoid
Anon.

Freakozoid is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Reading festival (and damages)

Quote:
Originally posted by seventh

i got beaten up by a fat ginger guy (in a pit and i was the smallest so he didnt exactly have to pin me and pummel me) who broke 2 of my ribs and managed to stop me breathing for a minute by kung fu chopping me in the throat, luckily we jumped him later as he walked past our campsite he came off worse than i did.

Okay.. now having never been in a "pit" as it were before, and I have no intention either, is that normal?

And, you broke two ribs, yet still stayed.. Ok not broken a rib but I have broken other bones, that'd be me down to the hospital..

Also nice one for twatting him, not 'cause he "had" you but 'cause he is Ginger.

Don't think I'll start up the whole listen to metal, smack someone in the head argument as its tedious with you stubborn ****s refusing to take my viewpoint as gospel.
Freakozoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 00:56   #15
Embroglio

Re: Re: Reading festival (and damages)

Quote:
Originally posted by Freakozoid
Okay.. now having never been in a "pit" as it were before, and I have no intention either, is that normal?

And, you broke two ribs, yet still stayed.. Ok not broken a rib but I have broken other bones, that'd be me down to the hospital..

Also nice one for twatting him, not 'cause he "had" you but 'cause he is Ginger.

Don't think I'll start up the whole listen to metal, smack someone in the head argument as its tedious with you stubborn ****s refusing to take my viewpoint as gospel.
He's solid innit.
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.