User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 15 Aug 2003, 10:24   #1
cnaw
Ancient

cnaw is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation My problem with the blackout

Is....

If someone farts in front of the white house every Government official tramples each other to be the first to the microphone to announce that the fart was terrorism. BUT if the power cuts out for a ton of people, they instantly announce its not terrorism. What makes them so damn sure? If power outages will not be blamed on terrorists, then I can see terrorist causing blackouts because they won't be blamed.

In the non-confirmed (and in all likelihood never will be) dept: Apparently an IRS building was told at 12pm to ready their back up generators... the blackouts didn't start till 4pm..
muahahahaha
Falling from grace, the human race
Religion can never unite us
Only a few will stay on the barricades"
-Masterplan
cnaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Aug 2003, 10:27   #2
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
The black outs started at 4? That means that the people trapped in the subway were all leaving work early. Lazy buggers
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Aug 2003, 10:30   #3
Fifth_teletubbie
Commander etc

Fifth_teletubbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: My problem with the blackout

Quote:
Originally posted by cnaw
Is....

If someone farts in front of the white house every Government official tramples each other to be the first to the microphone to announce that the fart was terrorism. BUT if the power cuts out for a ton of people, they instantly announce its not terrorism. What makes them so damn sure? If power outages will not be blamed on terrorists, then I can see terrorist causing blackouts because they won't be blamed.

In the non-confirmed (and in all likelihood never will be) dept: Apparently an IRS building was told at 12pm to ready their back up generators... the blackouts didn't start till 4pm..
muahahahaha
#1 there is no point in terrorism if you are NOT blamed. Never wondered why terrorist groups claim responsibility for attacks?

#2 hence it would make perfect sense for the US government to deny it was an act of terrorism even if it was (I dont think so in this case), simply because it was so succesful.

Ostraka: It's a Social Club with guns (and K-Y)
Fifth_teletubbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Aug 2003, 10:34   #4
cnaw
Ancient

Re: Re: My problem with the blackout

Quote:
Originally posted by Fifth_teletubbie
#1 there is no point in terrorism if you are NOT blamed. Never wondered why terrorist groups claim responsibility for attacks?

#2 hence it would make perfect sense for the US government to deny it was an act of terrorism even if it was (I dont think so in this case), simply because it was so succesful.
Goverment blames syria/north corea/anyother potential target.
Goverment trumps up evidence that offending country did it
Easy excuse to invade another country :-)
-Masterplan
Unread 15 Aug 2003, 11:30   #5
Fifth_teletubbie
Commander etc

Re: Re: Re: My problem with the blackout

Quote:
Goverment blames syria/north corea/anyother potential target.
Goverment trumps up evidence that offending country did it
Easy excuse to invade another country :-)

At this point in time the only ones that need to worry about reprisals are the officials responsible for the electricity grid. What a bunch of incompetents.

I remember saying in the past I hoped that PAcrew were never put in charge of a power plant, but I'm considering retracting that statement.

PS If you want to invade a country it helps if you get the name right. Korea.

Unread 15 Aug 2003, 12:27   #6
sayonara
Shai Halud

sayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nice
Firstly, they did not announce that it was not terrorism, they said there was no evidence of terrorism - an entirely different proposition.

Secondly, even if the IRS building was told to prep its generators, this is immaterial. Generator tests are conducted all the time.
Unread 15 Aug 2003, 12:31   #7
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Re: Re: Re: My problem with the blackout

Quote:

you can spell it how you like, since they use a different alphabet in Corea.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Aug 2003, 12:33   #8
sayonara
Shai Halud

sayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nice
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: My problem with the blackout

Quote:
Originally posted by Radical Edward
you can spell it how you like, since they use a different alphabet in Koorreehah.
Fixed.
sayonara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Aug 2003, 12:34   #9
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: My problem with the blackout

Quote:
Originally posted by sayonara
Fixed.
Juche!!!

Unread 15 Aug 2003, 12:36   #10
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future
50-60% of americans are clinically "overweight" or lets just say fat ****s. Also 54 million or so americans(about 1 in 5) are obese

i just thought id remind you

Zar
Zar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Aug 2003, 12:51   #11
Fifth_teletubbie
Commander etc

Quote:
you can spell it how you like, since they use a different alphabet in Corea.
Nope.

I know that any phonetically correct combination of letters could be used to translate the name originally , but once one is chosen it becomes part of the host language - in this case english.

Also, the indigenous spelling or even pronunciation of the word is really irrelevant; Germans dont call Germany Germany after all.

Unread 15 Aug 2003, 13:00   #12
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Zar
50-60% of americans are clinically "overweight" or lets just say fat ****s. Also 54 million or so americans(about 1 in 5) are obese

i just thought id remind you

Zar
Blame the terrorists!!
Structural Integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Aug 2003, 13:54   #13
Woof
Banned

Woof is an unknown quantity at this point
Maybe Bush should make up a tenuous link between the power cuts and syria, the american public will buy it, and he gets to bomb another country.
Woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Aug 2003, 14:09   #14
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
all your power facility are belong to us
Unread 15 Aug 2003, 14:11   #15
Radical Edward

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: My problem with the blackout

Quote:

I know that any phonetically correct combination of letters could be used to translate the name originally , but once one is chosen it becomes part of the host language - in this case english.
I was being facetious... and besides... how is one's spelling going to affect an invasion.... let me guess the Korean military plan:

American, arrived in North Korea, lands on a beach, all tooled up, and ready to whoop some ass. wanders over to Kim Jong il, who is waiting patiently on the beach for him

American: (speaks with a deep south drawl) hey there... My Name's Rudy from Texas, I'm from the American military and I'm going to Corea to whoop some ass... am I in the right place?

Kim Jong Il: no no, this isn't Corea, This is Korea, you must have the wrong country.

American: Aww shucks, you must be right, well I suppose I'll just be heading off, my momma has some applepie in the oven for when I get home

American leaps in his ship and heads off to the good old USA confident in the fact that the evil terrorist thread Corea does not actually exist, and he can sleep easy.

Unread 15 Aug 2003, 14:20   #16
Fifth_teletubbie
Commander etc

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: My problem with the blackout

Quote:
I was being facetious... and besides... how is one's spelling going to affect an invasion.... let me guess the Korean military plan:

American, arrived in North Korea, lands on a beach, all tooled up, and ready to whoop some ass. wanders over to Kim Jong il, who is waiting patiently on the beach for him

American: (speaks with a deep south drawl) hey there... My Name's Rudy from Texas, I'm from the American military and I'm going to Corea to whoop some ass... am I in the right place?

Kim Jong Il: no no, this isn't Corea, This is Korea, you must have the wrong country.

American: Aww shucks, you must be right, well I suppose I'll just be heading off, my momma has some applepie in the oven for when I get home

American leaps in his ship and heads off to the good old USA confident in the fact that the evil terrorist thread Corea does not actually exist, and he can sleep easy.
Apart from Kimmy meeting the Texan (or should that be Teksen) in person, it doesnt sound too implausible.

Unread 15 Aug 2003, 14:22   #17
Radical Edward

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: My problem with the blackout

Quote:
Apart from Kimmy meeting the Texan (or should that be Teksen) in person, it doesnt sound too implausible.
I was going to make it a random Korean, but then I thought that I wanted to include the word Juche, but I never got round to it.

Unread 15 Aug 2003, 14:25   #18
BarbieKen

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: My problem with the blackout

Quote:
Juche!!!
vat ish jiu oin ebut ?
Unread 15 Aug 2003, 15:15   #19
huh
WHY DID YOU PUSH GRANDMA

huh is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Zar
americans(about 1 in 5) are obese
More like 1 in 3.
huh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Aug 2003, 16:18   #20
deerbarn
Anal Crumb

deerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to behold
blame canada
Unread 15 Aug 2003, 21:30   #21
cnaw
Ancient

Re: Re: Re: Re: My problem with the blackout

Quote:

I suppose nippon is not used by anyone as well

BTW I just saw on google headlines....
http://english.chosun.com/w21data/ht...308140015.html
-Masterplan
Unread 15 Aug 2003, 22:34   #22
AliasX
- Sex Therapist -

AliasX is an unknown quantity at this point
This is the worst thread i've ever read.
<meaple> I want 2 c ur cum
<Pyr0> patience young padowan
<AliasX> oh jeasus
<AliasX> this channel did turn gay
*** yahwe ([email protected]) has joined channel #forums
<Oye> that cant be a coincidence
<meaple> he heard you
AliasX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Aug 2003, 22:50   #23
Texan
Prince of Amber

Texan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these parts

Quote:
I've never been to Korea, north or south, and I'm not planning to go anytime soon. I did have the chance to go to Iraq, but I decided to pass.
Unread 16 Aug 2003, 08:57   #24
Radical Edward

Quote:
Originally posted by BarbieKen
vat ish jiu oin ebut ?
http://www.koreascope.org/english/sub/2/nk1_4.htm

Unread 16 Aug 2003, 08:59   #25
Radical Edward

Quote:
I suppose nippon is not used by anyone as well

BTW I just saw on google headlines....
http://english.chosun.com/w21data/ht...308140015.html
brilliant that is an excellent post. I will now start calling Korea Corea.

Unread 16 Aug 2003, 09:04   #26
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society
if i remember correctly the koreans themself wrote it 'corea' at the WC. didnt they?
Unread 16 Aug 2003, 12:38   #27
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
Originally posted by wu_trax
if i remember correctly the koreans themself wrote it 'corea' at the WC. didnt they?
I don't want to know what you do with Koreans in the WC.
Unread 16 Aug 2003, 21:28   #28
cnaw
Ancient

Quote:
Originally posted by queball
I don't want to know what you do with Koreans in the WC.
huh?! that was totaly random
-Masterplan
Unread 16 Aug 2003, 21:41   #29
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by wu_trax
Korea used to be a French colony and the French call it Corea.

That's probably why Koreans call it Corea.
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Aug 2003, 02:27   #30
sayonara
Shai Halud

France, Japan... same difference.
Unread 17 Aug 2003, 14:16   #31
Fifth_teletubbie
Commander etc

Quote:
Originally posted by ChubbyChecker
Korea used to be a French colony and the French call it Corea.

That's probably why Koreans call it Corea.
Actually the french call it La Coree.