User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 1 Aug 2003, 11:12   #1
Frizz

Frizz is an unknown quantity at this point
PA X Ad

Anyone eles seen the PA X ad doing the rounds in mags?
[04:53] <@saiyan> ffs just int some roids now u might be big enuff next tick
[04:53] <@Inubis> i know hold on you obsesive control freak i am not your bitch

<@VermiciousKnid> great, inubis thinks hes a god again

[02:49] <+Granville> im cliff richard, im boring im dull everyone hates me but i aint ever going away so get used to me

Welcome, Frizz. You last visited: 1 Jan 1970 at 00:00
Frizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2003, 11:13   #2
Monkehpimp
'Useless'

Monkehpimp is an unknown quantity at this point
nope, whats it look like?
Unread 1 Aug 2003, 11:15   #3
Frizz

i would upload it but i dont have a dam sanner.. i will just write about it

its a half page ad with a jolt one below it.

{Top}
Science Fiction Action,
Sleepless Nights
And Endless, Ever-Growing Wars,
All in Your Browser.

[[SIZE=4]PLANETARION[/SIZE]
{with a BIG X behand it}

Planetarion 10
Be There
August 2003

www.Planetarion.com

{then just some words about pa}

[02:49] <+Granville> im cliff richard, im boring im dull everyone hates me but i aint ever going away so get used to me

Last edited by Frizz; 1 Aug 2003 at 11:21.
Unread 1 Aug 2003, 11:17   #4
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about
I may actually buy a copy of such a magazine for humor value.
Unread 1 Aug 2003, 11:21   #5
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Havent seen it, but i heard from a few PA team people that its ****, so god knows why they used it.
Unread 1 Aug 2003, 11:22   #6
Frizz

hi HobbieRogue long time no see

its a uk mag pc zone

Unread 1 Aug 2003, 11:29   #7
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about
Hey Frizz

I wonder if there's an American alternate...
Unread 1 Aug 2003, 12:31   #8
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by HobbieRogue4
Hey Frizz

I wonder if there's an American alternate...
Its called PC No-Fly Zone
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2003, 12:57   #9
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by JC
Havent seen it, but i heard from a few PA team people that its ****, so god knows why they used it.
As far as I know, the final decision on the ad was made by Jolt.
Unread 1 Aug 2003, 13:41   #10
Woof
Banned

Woof is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Leshy
As far as I know, the final decision on the ad was made by Jolt.
What about the design an advert comp?
Woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2003, 13:43   #11
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Woof
Jolt ignored afaik
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2003, 13:59   #12
Jammers

Jammers has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I remember the good ol' days of R1, when instead of squandering money on adverts they just got PC Gamer (and possibly others, but I only read PC Gamer) to do a review of it.
Why didn't they do that this time? Or have the Creators been sitting around doing nothing so there isn't anything to review apart from the advert?
Unread 1 Aug 2003, 14:16   #13
Woof
Banned

Woof is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by KaneED
Jolt ignored afaik
PA broke a promise, no never!

From offering graphics cards as prizes to asking the community to design an advert, it's this kind of thing which is wrong with the whole management of PA.

Pissup in a brewery springs to mind.
Woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2003, 14:50   #14
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Get a scan sorted, bastards.
Unread 1 Aug 2003, 19:16   #15
Frizz

atm i am making a scanner out of to 2 Toilet Paper rowles and a lightbulb

Unread 1 Aug 2003, 19:17   #16
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Frizz
atm i am making a scanner out of to 2 Toilet Paper rowles and a lightbulb
I think bought my last one off you.
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2003, 20:02   #17
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
PA broke a promise, no never!
That would be jolt, not PA.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2003, 20:18   #18
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
That would be jolt, not PA.
And the difference would be...?
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2003, 20:20   #19
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Tactitus
And the difference would be...?
Jolt are the faceless corporation.

Spinner gets all the blame.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2003, 21:03   #20
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by Frizz
August 2003
Muahahaha
Unread 1 Aug 2003, 23:44   #21
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
It was held, winner was picked and the design was submitted to Jolt. But apparently they did not like it and came up with another image. I have no idea where from, but it's not particularly appealing in my opinion.

I'll prod Spinner about getting the contest ad designs online so at least they can be viewed for what they're worth.
Unread 2 Aug 2003, 10:22   #22
RealJames
Retired at the top

RealJames is infamous around these parts
I did mean to find a copy of PC Gamer and finger through it, but I'm guessing that it'll no longer be the current one. If anyone could scan the ad it'd be much appreciated.

"That's what the internet's for - slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards, J&SBSB
RealJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2003, 21:05   #23
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

For those who were interested in seeing the submissions and the final ad: The portal announcement can be found here