User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 28 Jun 2003, 17:50   #1
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

Bloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura about
Water

After a whole day of looking I have finally found some French glass bottled naturally carbonated natural mineral water.

Naturally carbonated natural mineral water is different to carbonated natural mineral water because the gas is natural rather than added before being bottled. This is usually due to the rocks the waters are filtered in, and the best source for the best tasting naturally carbonated mineral water is in South France, near the Alps.

The glass bottle gives the water a fresher and crisper taste because plastic bottles can actually oxidise the water and the chemicals can affect it's taste.

I bought several different varieites, and to my horror I noticed one had the iron in it removed. This must be why it's not naturally carbonated natural mineral water, like the other one. This would make it spring water, rather than mineral water. I think they should change their labelling.

After sampling the various brands I have decided that Badoit, from the Loire region of France, is the best.

Remember to always serve naturally carbonated natural mineral water lightly chilled. Don't use ice, unless it is frozen natural mineral water.
Unread 28 Jun 2003, 17:51   #2
Woof
Banned

Woof is an unknown quantity at this point
overuse of the [/i] tags you :attentionwhore:
Apart from that an eductional thread on the merits of mineral/spring water.
Woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jun 2003, 17:56   #3
mbushell

mbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
I bathe in that stuff
mbushell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jun 2003, 18:49   #4
Pyr0 MK III
Look! He's Dancing!

Pyr0 MK III is an unknown quantity at this point
Just use tap water fs you utter ponce
[22:18] <nodrog> Cock: 8" (20cm) uncut
[22:18] <nodrog> Balls: Large hefty balls, stretched max 6" (15.5cm)
[22:18] <nodrog> Arse: Can take two fists, or one fist almost to the elbow, but slow warming up.
Pyr0 MK III is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jun 2003, 19:16   #5
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

Bloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura about
tap water?

it tastes absolutely disgusting
Unread 28 Jun 2003, 19:19   #6
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Kumnaa is infamous around these parts
Waters pretty cool.
Unread 28 Jun 2003, 19:28   #7
JohnnyDeath
Head Chef

JohnnyDeath is an unknown quantity at this point
what were the other brands you tried bloomers?
Unread 28 Jun 2003, 19:31   #8
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

I can't be bothered to go and get the bottles to look for the names. They were all french though
Unread 28 Jun 2003, 19:52   #9
cookiemay
Cooki-Monster

cookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by Bloomers III
I can't be bothered to go and get the bottles to look for the names. They were all french though
evian???

also on a side note most of the water over in n.ireland is bottled by coke. thats why i refuse to drink water bottled by coke eg riverrock, ballygowan, vital
as is 5alive.
do coke own everything
Unread 28 Jun 2003, 19:54   #10
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

Badoit are owned by Danone
Unread 28 Jun 2003, 20:01   #11
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
You arent helping the gay people drink mineral water stereotype.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jun 2003, 20:01   #12
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
Chemically pure water thank you very much.
W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jun 2003, 20:59   #13
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Sandsnake will become famous soon enoughSandsnake will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by cookiemay
do coke own everything
yes, pretty much. You should visit Japan sometime..I think they own the entire country.
Unread 28 Jun 2003, 21:22   #14
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Sandsnake
yes, pretty much. You should visit Japan sometime..I think they own the entire country.
the corporate republic of coca-cola
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jun 2003, 22:13   #15
bink

Re: Water

You offend me. Water cannot be oxidized. The Iron is removed by bubbling oxygen (air) through it, because people won't buy water that is brown. If the water is from a spring that naturally has a low iron content, this treatment isnt needed.

Naturally carbonated spring water has to be filtered and chemically treated because the natural carbon dioxide is polluted with methane, benzene and other naturally occurring carbo hydrates.

Glass containers can react acidically with the water, as opposed to plastic containers (thought this is such a slow reaction that it is only an issue in storing some highly pure chemicals).
Unread 28 Jun 2003, 22:14   #16
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally posted by Pyr0 MK III
Unread 28 Jun 2003, 22:23   #17
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

Re: Re: Water

Quote:
Originally posted by bink
You offend me. Water cannot be oxidized. The Iron is removed by bubbling oxygen (air) through it, because people won't buy water that is brown. If the water is from a spring that naturally has a low iron content, this treatment isnt needed.

Naturally carbonated spring water has to be filtered and chemically treated because the natural carbon dioxide is polluted with methane, benzene and other naturally occurring carbo hydrates.

Glass containers can react acidically with the water, as opposed to plastic containers (thought this is such a slow reaction that it is only an issue in storing some highly pure chemicals).

you are obviously jealous that i drink far more expensive water than you
Unread 28 Jun 2003, 23:40   #18
Anaximander

Anaximander is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Water

Quote:

benzene?!
What kind of water do you drink? Do you get it from your local refinery?

carbohydrates?!
You mean like sugar?
Unread 29 Jun 2003, 00:11   #19
bink

Re: Re: Re: Water

Quote:
Originally posted by Anaximander
benzene?!
What kind of water do you drink? Do you get it from your local refinery?

carbohydrates?!
You mean like sugar?
Carbohydrates are molecules of carbon and hydrogen. Benzene is a common naturally occurring one, because it is a nice and stable form of carbon. Where does petroleum come from again? Ah yes, from the ground, that's right. The CO2 in the spring water allows these substances to mix far more easily with the water. Without it, water and benzene (to name just one) would mix much more poorly.

Barbarian.

Try demineralised or distilled water, Bloomers. It's taste is very strong, i think it is the dissolved minerals that make tap water taste so boring.
Unread 29 Jun 2003, 00:18   #20
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: Re: Re: Re: Water

Quote:
Carbohydrates are molecules of carbon and hydrogen. Benzene is a common naturally occurring one, because it is a nice and stable form of carbon. Where does petroleum come from again? Ah yes, from the ground, that's right. The CO2 in the spring water allows these substances to mix far more easily with the water. Without it, water and benzene (to name just one) would mix much more poorly.
"Hydrocarbons".
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jun 2003, 00:22   #21
Matrim
fascinated by bridges!

Matrim is an unknown quantity at this point
You know what? Water is the key to all life here on earth!

Or perhaps you already knew that. Oh well, I'll move on then.

Matrim
Unread 29 Jun 2003, 00:25   #22
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

you're all meant to be complimenting my taste in water. you cheap ****ing gits
Unread 29 Jun 2003, 00:29   #23
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by Bloomers III
you're all meant to be complimenting my taste in water. you cheap ****ing gits
Snob.
W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jun 2003, 01:17   #24
cookiemay
Cooki-Monster

cookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the rough
my girl called me a water snob.
But tap water makes me sick sometimes due to high chloride content
Unread 29 Jun 2003, 01:46   #25
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
tap water is always good. Unless it's in London.
Unread 29 Jun 2003, 02:29   #26
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by lokken
tap water is always good. Unless it's in London.
Lies. Thames Water provide a remarkably refreshing brew.

All other tap waters are crap by comparison. For those who enjoy paying over-the-odds for their water, they can continue of course, something needs to keep the French in employment.

p.s. [v.old]Did you notice that Evian is NAIVE backwards. Don't you think they're telling you something?[/ancient]
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jun 2003, 10:12   #27
Anaximander

Smile Re: Re: Re: Re: Water

Quote:

Barbarian.
I tried, but I can't resist the opportunity:

...stable form of carbon.
Ah, yes. I'm sure you mean graphite. Probably not diamond, because it is about 1.7 kJ/mol less stable.

You're right, overcritical, liquid Carbondioxide (pure, not mixed with a lot of water) is a lipophilic solvent. It is quite similar to cyclohexane.

hmm, so far I could resist drinking water, that shared rock layers with crude oil.
Unread 29 Jun 2003, 10:20   #28
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
Quote:
Originally posted by Pyr0 MK III
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jun 2003, 13:33   #29
bink

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Water

Quote:
Originally posted by Anaximander
I tried, but I can't resist the opportunity:

...stable form of carbon.
Ah, yes. I'm sure you mean graphite. Probably not diamond, because it is about 1.7 kJ/mol less stable.

You're right, overcritical, liquid Carbondioxide (pure, not mixed with a lot of water) is a lipophilic solvent. It is quite similar to cyclohexane.

hmm, so far I could resist drinking water, that shared rock layers with crude oil.
Don't go there, you'll lose

Perrier had to recall an awful lot of bubbly water some decades ago after a problem had been discovered with the activated carbon filters that they used to clean the organic pollutants from the 'natural' CO2 they had to use to be able to call their product naturally carbonated spring water or something like it.

Nature is good at creating rocks, toxins and manure. We as a species turn this crap into stuff we can use, such as purified water, fertillizers, nuclear weapons, pesticides, medicine etc. I only studied chemistry because this appeals to me.
Unread 29 Jun 2003, 15:51   #30
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute
On a taste test between our local tap water and the bottled stuff I much prefer tap water.

I live in an area heavy in minerals and personally think they give the water better flavour.

Not only that but it was rated as one of the best tasting waters in the world and is infact sold in bottles as well.

=[DJ Bass]=
Unread 29 Jun 2003, 17:08   #31
Anaximander

Talking Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Water

Quote:
I only studied chemistry because this appeals to me.
Me too!