User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 30 Aug 2003, 18:46   #101
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Dace
I didnt notice sig before however as it quoting it gives me victory in this argument i will do so.

Quote it that is.
You know who else used appeals to 'clever' conversational tricks rather than face rational arguments head on?

THATS RIGHT
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2003, 18:48   #102
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Nodrog
You know who else used appeals to 'clever' conversational tricks rather than face rational arguments head on?

Point 1: His argument wasn't very rational

Point 2: I never-the-less 'faced' said argument 'head on'

Point 3: I still 'win'
Unread 30 Aug 2003, 18:52   #103
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
*****If***** these children grow up underprivileged and undereducated, they will create a new underclass that may take many years to emerge from poverty."
(emphasis added )

Government supported programs to boost affluent mothers birth-rates has (to my knowledge) never worked, and will probably never work. They've tried it in Korea and Japan and more recently in Portugal and Spain.

While high levels of inequality and atomisation exist (i.e. under the current economic system) combined with women's rights, etc these groups will probably never reverse the trend towards a lower birth-rate.

Hey, how about this as a slogan : Support Capitalism for the Elimination of the White Race!
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2003, 19:46   #104
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
Dace. How do you measure genetic similarity? Do you have the first clue about genetics, or are you saying "oh, dark skin, genetic flaw, I'd rather help someone with my fair color"? Cause not even the people going around saying "oh, chimpanzees share 98% of our dna" have any idea how to quantify such a thing.

Sure, genes cause instincts for aiding those like you, since we have no "gene sense". Just like they cause instincts for killing rivals. But you don't go around killing people, so why should you have to be a racist?
Unread 30 Aug 2003, 22:49   #105
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by W
Dace. How do you measure genetic similarity? Do you have the first clue about genetics

MY

DEGREE

WAS

IN

GENETICS
Unread 30 Aug 2003, 22:51   #106
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Originally posted by Dante Hicks
(emphasis added :rolleyes: )

That entire article was "if's, mights and maybes".
Unread 30 Aug 2003, 23:17   #107
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Can I just point out

That my problem is with people that come over here and pretend that there is a slight chance they may get a telling off from their governments and can they please come and live in England and get all the benefits after doing nothing to deserve them.

Why that is has lead certain dumb ****s to accuse me of racism I don't know. Can someone please explain this to me cause I am actuay pretty pissed off about that.

I havent even played the 'I have a mate whose a darky' line yet either

Vaio

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2003, 23:18   #108
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Originally posted by Toccata & Fugue
Contrary to your beliefs about the way society should be run, we live a broadly liberal society which advocates that the wealthy assist the poor to pay for the necessities of life, this is to protect the fundamental human right to life.

Contrary to your belief the society we live in exists so that the poor have at least a little kinda taking away their reason to revolt and try and overthrow the "old power" which would defend itself and alot of people would die THAT IS WHY WE HAVE STATE BENEFIT. Nothing to do with "human rights".

Quote:
As for crime, well then we should let them work or give them benefits in order that they are no longer forced into crime, seems like a simple solution. Would you lay down and die rather than steel a loaf of bread for your family?

This is a silly idea. Basically you are paying a ransom. Do you think id get money from the Government too if i said "look gimmie some money and i wont go out and commit crimes"?! YOU DONT WANT TO ENCOURAGE PEOPLE TO COME HERE!

Quote:
You are correct **** does happen and that's when people need help, I see no problem with that. As for letting countries resolve their own problems, we have already intervened so much in other countries that we can hardly wash our hands of these affairs now that they are inconvenient.

Draw a line in the sand and stop interfering is exactly my stance.

Quote:
Where are your figures to decide how many immigrants we do or don't need, once we figure in the number of people leaving this country I can't imagine there would be more than 50,000 which is a population growth of 0.1% hardly a tidal wave then.

I say the only immigrants we might possibly need are other EU nationals. Any more than that is *too much*.

Quote:
In the last A-level statistics Asian kids outperformed white kids, that's just what happened.

It didn't happen tho.

Quote:
Your statement that "immigrants don't work" hard is nonsensical. Clearly they do. Go down to your local newsagent and ask him how many hours he works, I bet it's more then you, that man is an immigrant from India or Pakhistan. If you talk to an immigrant in central London they often have more then one full time job, whilst learning English and saving money.

It was a kind of joke.

You said nobody could say immigrants dont work hard.

I said it.

Quote:
The Nazi jew thing is directly related, because you are being racist. All this talk of genetics and genetic purity is Nazism, this is what YOU are talking about, not me. The idea that we are a self sustaining nation is just no longer true, if you destroyed all the other nations in the world Britain as we know it would not survive. People in other countries work for less money so that we can have lower prices in this country, thus making us materially richer. They are subsidisng us, we are rich BECASUE they are poor. We are the scroungers, we are the ones who take without asking who commit crimes in others countries, hypocracy is not applying the same standards to yourself as you do to others.

I aint being racist. I aint asking for genetic purity. Im just saying that if a country has problems then the people of that country should solve those problems themselves instead of leaving said country in the thousands.

Also your 'if things were totally different in the world then things in Britain would be differen' argument is weak.

Quote:
When Britain rebuilt after the 2nd world we begged America for help, we needed their protection all over the world, so don't tell me that we sorted ourselves out.

We needed their protection?

Also the help we received was a loan (as far as i understand it).

Quote:
If you imprison a man, threaten to send him to death and deprive him of the right to a fair hearing or aid, then do not blame him for setting himself on fire in order to get some attention.

You are making silly logic jumps again.

How do you know he was being sent to death?

As i understand the system immigrants arent sent back if they face death (well a greater chance of death than the average person).

Quote:
As for villainisig Iraq, I was merely pointing out the hypocracy of our own laws which say one thing when it suits us and another when it doesn't. If our laws are tailored to oppress immigrants we can hardly call those immigrants illegal, just as we would not condemn Martin Luther King for breaking the bus laws in the United States.

THE LAW DIDNT CHANGE ALL THE HAPPENED IS A POLITICIAN SAID DIFFERENT THINGS AT DIFFERENT TIMES!

Also i would condemn MLK for breaking any law. You break a law you untertake the punishment that you receive if you are caught. Laws are a representation of what the public deems 'morally just/right'. You break any law and dont expect to get punished then you risk tearing down the whole of society. There exists methods of changing these laws. You need to follow the paths.

Quote:
Your repeated point about "doing somethng about it" is absurd. Unfortunatley it is possible around the the world for the few to dominate the many, especially since those few often receive aid from foreign governments. If you are shot dead by a policeman you are less useful to your people than if you go abroad and try and help your family. Also there are many countries where the majority oppress the minority. What is your solution to this. It seems to me that whilst you may have many points I have compassion on my side a trait I share with the rest of humanity. if you can't find it in your heart to show pity, kindness or grace them you are less than human and your species is not welcome in MY country.

This paragraph is so wrong i dont actually know where to begin.

You'll have to suffice with me saying "You're wrong on every point" (and if that doesnt cover everything then "Survival of the fittest ... people should either do something about it within their own country or just die").

Also this is the last time i am responding to this thread as i aint in the habit of arguing with people who seem set in their (wrong) ways. Whats the point in wasting my energy?!
Unread 30 Aug 2003, 23:36   #109
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:

Also this is the last time i am responding to this thread as i aint in the habit of arguing with people who seem set in their (wrong) ways. Whats the point in wasting my energy?!
I think its fascinating how many people really don't have a f'kin clue. How many of you lot busy attempting to tell us apparent racists to be nice to people who shouldn't be here actually pay tax or are you just 'busy' being 'right on' students ?

Vaio

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 30 Aug 2003, 23:46   #110
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
It didn't happen tho.
I couldn't find any A-Level results but according to this article from the BBC the average "Asian" pupil did better at GCSEs than the average White pupil, taking Asians as Chinese, Indians, Bangladeshis + Pakistani's. The difference is pretty slightly tho (although if you look at just Indians + Chinese they're way ahead).
Quote:
Also i would condemn MLK for breaking any law.
Do you condemn yourself for lusting after under-16s? Do you condemn yourself for copying music CDs? etc.

As for struggling against oppression in their own country - I quite agree. However, if you look at a lot of "rebels" who have sucessfully overthrown (or changed) their government quite a few of them claimed asylum (or at least operated outside of their home countries). People like Lenin, Mandela, Ghandi, John Locke, Castro etc. But since you've said you won't reply I'll say it for you : I'm sure you despise all of those people anyway.

p.s. The EU in total needs migrants to keep a stable population. Saying we'll simply take immigrants from the EU is fair enough, but where are they going to get their people? Once these darkies are citizens of other EU countries, you know they have the right to settle her, yeah?
Quote:
Originally posted by Vaio
How many of you lot busy attempting to tell us apparent racists to be nice to people who shouldn't be here actually pay tax or are you just 'busy' being 'right on' students ?
I don't see what this had to do with anything (since everyone pays taxes if they buy any goods), but yeah I pay income tax. I also live in one of the most ethnically diverse parts of London and work in an organisation where we have daily dealing with refugees, asylum seekers, etc. Does this give me the right to speak about this?
Unread 31 Aug 2003, 00:01   #111
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Someone has to patronise these people and tell them how to screw the poor tax payers here and I couldnt think of a better person to do it than yourself. I wasn't actually refering to you but if the cap fits.....

Vaio

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 31 Aug 2003, 00:21   #112
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place
Quote:
Originally posted by Cmdr_Cyrax
If he genuinely wanted protection from persicution in his native country he'd apply for assylum in another 'safe' country when Britain refused him.

If he wanted to stay in Britain at any cost he'd do something drastic that would bring sympathy to his cause.
Within the EU im pretty sure once you applied to one country you cannot reapply to another, there was a turkish family recently that was a case in point.

If your next argument is going to be then why didnt he apply somewhere else, i could counter it by again saying that if britain helped impose sanctions on Iran that led to his economic situation then it seems pretty fair for him to come here for economic reasons, on the other hand if he genuinely was persecuted there really isnt a problem with him coming here, is there? since we offer sanctuary to the genuinely oppressed?

I dont want to misunderstand what you're saying with your second paragraph, but basically you think that this man burned himself alive to get sympathy, but more to the point that he was a scrounger (not directly implied by you ill retract if you want) that didnt want to go back and burned himself to get sympathy?

I hope i never reach a level of cynicism where i get annoyed at a man who has 80% burns on his body. Maybe its just me but id like to believe that people dont try and kill themselves because britain provides them with £37.77 a week, and that he might just have done what he did because what he faced if he went back was worse then death.

Dace can you please try forming an argument, stop being so reactionary and eviscerating peoples posts without adding value. If you have an opposing opinion, thats fine but trying to 'win' an argument is nonsensical.
Nusselt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2003, 00:26   #113
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place
Quote:
I think its fascinating how many people really don't have a f'kin clue. How many of you lot busy attempting to tell us apparent racists to be nice to people who shouldn't be here actually pay tax or are you just 'busy' being 'right on' students ?

Vaio

I doubt you or i have a 'f'kin clue' all we do have is differing opinions on the same topic.

Like dante i dont see what the payment of tax has to do with anything, unless you're telling me you form your opinions based on the current level of taxation?

Just for the record i pay income tax, and recently have had an increase in council tax far inexcess of the rate of inflation.
Nusselt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2003, 12:14   #114
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future
look as far as i can see it, not all asylum seeker are that bad.

On the contrary many are beneficial to society. Take for example the Indian's who seeked asylum in Britain due to Idi Amin's regime that kicked them out.

These Indians and their descendants have progressed and today are far more successful in, educational and wealth terms, than the average white brit.

We should feel sorry for those people, who are paying bucket loads of tax to support local white trash

Zar
Zar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2003, 12:42   #115
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Cool Jumping in on threads is the new bomb

Is it only me, or has immigrants/dark skinned (even if their family has lived here forever) kinda sucky choicses?
Like,
1.1 They get a job."Don't steal our jobs, you filthy ******s"
1.2 They don't get a job." They are lazy, and should be throw out."
2.1 They go to school, and get good grades. "The teachers are just kind to them, beacause they are dark skinned/foregin/whatever. Let's kick them out!"
2.2 They go to school and don't get good grades. "They probably are so busy raping the white kids and smoking dope that they have no time for studies, ****ers!"
3.1 They marry one of "their own"." "Oh noes, they still hold their old values! And, it's probably a forced marriage!"
3.2. They marry one of "us". "They steal our women, the filthy scum!"
4.1 They keep their old religion/customs. "HEY, wake up! This is western europe, we don't like that kind of stuff, like Islam and stuff, because they like blow things up and stuff!"
4.2 They accept "our" religions/customs. "Stop being a copycat, were not going to like you anymore!"

And so on. I think it's to be dark skinned/immigrant/whatever in western europe
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2003, 15:15   #116
Texan
Prince of Amber

Texan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these parts
What we need is a government called Terra -- the whole world as one government.

Everyone gets a vote.

The socialist/green wackos in Europe
The fundamentalist wackos in the Middle East
And the rest of the world who have no idea who they are.
Unread 31 Aug 2003, 17:32   #117
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
it's a fact that immigrants are overrepresented in crimestatistics and also in all kind of forms of statesupport.

Bottom line, they get more then they give.
Unread 31 Aug 2003, 17:42   #118
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally posted by Knight Theamion
Bottom line, they get more then they give.
Evidence please.
Unread 31 Aug 2003, 17:47   #119
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Evidence please.
given in the 'overrepresented in crime statistics and various forms of statesupport'
Unread 31 Aug 2003, 18:18   #120
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
given in the 'overrepresented in crime statistics and various forms of statesupport'
You said 'they' take more than they give. Even if immigrants (not that you can consider them as a group but nevermind) received 20% more welfare payments (on average) than natives, how would that prove they receive more than they give? I'm not even sure how you'd work out such a thing, which is why I asked.

There have been studies done (I'm unsure of their methodology) and they tended to show it was a net benefit to the receiving country. Another study said first-generation immigrants are $30k drain on the US, but second generation immigrants give a $80k surplus. Or something like that.
Unread 31 Aug 2003, 20:11   #121
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Can I just point out

There is more than a slight difference between immigrants and lligal immigrands/asylum seekers and some of you would do better to remember that

Vaio
(Not da racist)

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 31 Aug 2003, 20:14   #122
Pi-air
hurr!

Pi-air will become famous soon enoughPi-air will become famous soon enough
Re: Can I just point out

Quote:
There is more than a slight difference between immigrants and lligal immigrands/asylum seekers and some of you would do better to remember that

Vaio
(Not da racist)
Racist.
Pi-air is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2003, 20:22   #123
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Quote:
You said 'they' take more than they give. Even if immigrants (not that you can consider them as a group but nevermind) received 20% more welfare payments (on average) than natives, how would that prove they receive more than they give? I'm not even sure how you'd work out such a thing, which is why I asked.

There have been studies done (I'm unsure of their methodology) and they tended to show it was a net benefit to the receiving country. Another study said first-generation immigrants are $30k drain on the US, but second generation immigrants give a $80k surplus. Or something like that.
while on your average 'autochtonous citizen' you make money, since otherwise you can't lose it at 'them takers'

easy as pie.

If 'they' take, we 'must' give, since it is a balance and stuff.
Unread 31 Aug 2003, 21:31   #124
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
If 'they' take, we 'must' give, since it is a balance and stuff.
You've made quite a logical leap there.

Let's say that on average, 20% of 'natives' receive state support (i.e. benefits).

Now let's also say that 25% of immigrants receive state support. This would make immigrants over-represented in welfare stats, yes?

However, it's still quite possible that the 75% of immigrants who do not receive state assistance easily pay for the 25% who do. Do you see?

(Not that there is such a thing as an autonomous citizen, all citizens make use of state facilities to a greater or lesser extent)
Unread 31 Aug 2003, 21:48   #125
Rommel

Rommel is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Nusselt
Within the EU im pretty sure once you applied to one country you cannot reapply to another, there was a turkish family recently that was a case in point.
I'm also pretty sure that within the EU the first country you go to HAVE to look after you. In that case why do we have so many illegal immigrants over here? If they were genuine why don't they just get on a plane over here instead of paying their life savings on an illegal way into the country???? Why do you think the frogs set up a Red Cross shelter in Calais? So that they can get into the UK a lot easier!
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2003, 21:57   #126
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally posted by Rommel
If they were genuine why don't they just get on a plane over here instead of paying their life savings on an illegal way into the country????
Genuine what?
Unread 31 Aug 2003, 21:58   #127
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Hey guys

In norway, we have a more-racist-then-average-populistick-party called FRP. Now, FRP has a really popular "mayor", (In Os, i belive) that made a "immigrant budget", to check how much more we "norwegians" made (and how much more we give back), how much more as a group we gave back (precentage of course, since there are more norwegians then immigrants), and each individual citizen.
Guess what! The immigrants worked more, gave more back to society (payed more tax) and so on. I remeber it not getting a lot of attention, since were all a bunch of happy racists, but hey, it happened.

Oh, and guess what? Maybe the immigrants are higher represented on the crime lists beacause it's easier for them to get caught, and harder to get away, since "norwegians" or whatever know the system, and has a much better chance of not getting ransacked. Also, if a crime has occured, they always try to get the nearest blacks/paki/whatever for a check, while letting most whites go. This gives the blacks/paki/whatever that does crime, a "better" chance of getting caught.

Strange, eh?
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2003, 21:59   #128
Rommel

Quote:
Genuine what?

asylum seekers
Unread 31 Aug 2003, 22:04   #129
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally posted by Rommel
asylum seekers
Well, I presume a lot of people don't wish to be deported and have a reasonable belief they will if they apply legitimately.

The asylum issue is a semi-red herring. The only reason so many people try to claim asylum is that in a lot of cases it's the only way they can try to stay in the country. Obviously there are genuine cases, etc - probably even the majority, I don't even care to be honest. But the current system simply encourages people either to exaggerate, lie, or commit outright fraud.
Unread 31 Aug 2003, 22:40   #130
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Quote:
You've made quite a logical leap there.

Let's say that on average, 20% of 'natives' receive state support (i.e. benefits).

Now let's also say that 25% of immigrants receive state support. This would make immigrants over-represented in welfare stats, yes?

However, it's still quite possible that the 75% of immigrants who do not receive state assistance easily pay for the 25% who do. Do you see?

(Not that there is such a thing as an autonomous citizen, all citizens make use of state facilities to a greater or lesser extent)
my asumption is that they are overrepresented in such a way that it is an annoyance.

Also every 'scummy foreigner' i know is a decent chap, every unknown one i meet while going out or serving in the snackbar or at the cartcentre appear to be material for the gallow.
Unread 1 Sep 2003, 09:32   #131
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Quote:
Maybe should get to know those other ones better, maybe they merely lack the benefit of your witty and insightful company?
Maybe they should change, they are the scummy foreigners, I don't have to adapt because they lack the social skills and the respect for our culture.
Unread 1 Sep 2003, 09:49   #132
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Quote:
I didn't ask you to change I asked you to use your delightful perosnality and charisma as an example to the "scummy foreigners" in order to show them and others the way forward, so that they can all bask in your warm glowing warming glow.
That would mean putting in some effort, right?

I refuse.
Unread 1 Sep 2003, 09:59   #133
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
MY

DEGREE

WAS

IN

GENETICS
Then you won't mind answering my other questions?
Unread 1 Sep 2003, 10:35   #134
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Quote:
Well that's a little unfair, not only to deprive the world of your glory, but also to ask of others what you aren't prepared to do yourself. It's easy to criticise, but where the men of action to show us the way.
hey hey, I already live here and am adapted to the local culture (the various forms of it as there is the upperclass party, the farmer joe parties etc etc). I don't want to notice them when going out, or while being in the supermarkt or whatever, they should 'just be another bloke'. Like the indonesians who have integrated quite perfectly.
Unread 1 Sep 2003, 11:19   #135
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

I bet the english tax payer paid for his matches as well

Vaio

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 1 Sep 2003, 11:23   #136
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by SilverSmoke
no I think a lot of them also flew out of their country because they are a bit fed up of violence, opression, hunger and fear.
And does it not seem odd to you and all the other do gooders that these people would have to pass over/through several friendly countries before reaching the UK?

That is why people in the UK are getting fed up. We are happy to take our share and give people a chance when they need it, but when it seems like they are taking pi55, you can bet your life they are actually taking the pi55.
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2003, 11:26   #137
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by Cynical Oracle
That's quite irrelevant. The lawmakers are to be held responsible for such.
If a man is willing to set himself on fire and kill himself because he fears going home, then surly there must be something behind it?
Not really, those mad muslims might not like bacon but they sure do love a good fry up.
Unread 1 Sep 2003, 11:31   #138
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally posted by CrashTester
Not really, those mad muslims might not like bacon but they sure do love a good fry up.
:chuckle:
Unread 1 Sep 2003, 11:33   #139
CrashTester
I am an idiot

Re: ramble mode "on"

Quote:
Originally posted by 1-X
We can't blame (for example) africans with aids for travelling to the UK where they can get thousands of pounds worth of free treatment that wouldn't be available to them at home, but at the end of the day, it's our own families that are going without to pay for it.

Actually, with this example we could. If only they would stop believing they could cure themselves by shaggin an underaged virgin then maybe they would be more careful as to not get aids in the first place.
Unread 1 Sep 2003, 11:45   #140
Rommel

People with AIDS shouldn't be let into the UK in the first place if they're claiming asylum. They're not going to get cured, and there's a possibility, quite a large one, that they will rape someone and give them to disease too, thus raising AIDS here. Same with how London is the TB capital of the Western World.
Unread 1 Sep 2003, 11:53   #141
CrashTester
I am an idiot

Quote:

..But unlikely since as someone has already pointed out, they will probably be taking the low paid jobs that other people dont want to do anyway. So there is still a shortfall to be picked up by law abiding tax payers.
Unread 1 Sep 2003, 12:07   #142
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally posted by CrashTester
So there is still a shortfall to be picked up by law abiding tax payers.
What the hell does law abiding have to do with anything? I constantly break the law (as I'm sure do most others), yet I pay taxes. Does that mean my taxes aren't going to "fund" immigrants?

p.s. Not that you care, but various studies as I mentioned have shown net benefit to the receiving countries of immigrants.
Unread 1 Sep 2003, 12:15   #143
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:

p.s. Not that you care, but various studies as I mentioned have shown net benefit to the receiving countries of immigrants.
can't we just skim off the useful immigrants and evict all the irritating crippled ones, and women with babies in the underground?

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2003, 13:36   #144
Rommel

Quote:

If someone comes to London and his sick we should treat them, we should be helping countries with Aids epidemics if only because it's enlightened self interest.
How will us treating them here for Aids help the situation in their country? Why don't we just set up the necessary system over there so they don't have to leave the country?

Quote:

News flash, there are already people with Aids in this country, it's herer so a general quarentine will hardly be effective.
Surprisingly enough i know that asylum seekers aren't the only people with Aids. Aids was here BEFORE asylum seekers started to arrive over here .
no figures but illustrates that current system could increase the spread of Aids

Quote:

I don't understand why you are so frightened of Asylum Seekers and foreigners.
I'm not frightened of either. There are enough of both where i live and it's quite easy to tell that if anything they are frightened of us. My GP is Indian, but i'm hardly scared of him, though according to you i am.

Quote:

There are also some English people with contagious diseases
Yep

Quote:

What's your solution, I say if we treat people with respect and humanity, as a whole the population will be better off.
I agree with that. The qualm i have is when you treat them with respect, but they just treat you like sh*t. They have little to no respect for our customs, and they take our right to free speech too far sometimes, *cough* Abu Hamza *cough*. From what i've read about him he came here with honest intentions to begin with, he was a bouncer at a nightclub in London and came here to finish his studies. Though i'm sure we all know what he's been doing as of late with his Finsbury Park mosque.

blah blah blah

I'm sure a lot of people will agree with me here, that when living in a foreign country, albeit Abu Hamza was a British citizen i'm referring to foreign as being granted citizenship after moving here from elsewhere, you don't go and slag off the country you've moved to for a "better life". I can't remember whether he was deported or not, but my money is on not.

quite an interesting read

I thought that that would be an interesting way to go about it. It would mean that to get anywhere they would have to stand on their own 2 feet instead of being given benefits from the government. Obviously there are downsides like a life of crime etc or just forming a smuggling gang etc but if they get caught they get deported asap as so...

Chinese smuggling gang

Sorry for the longish post
Unread 1 Sep 2003, 14:01   #145
Woof
Banned

Woof is an unknown quantity at this point
What ****s me off with illegal immigration is the lack of will by Johhny Foreigner to intergrate into the British way of life.
You want to live in a country because your so oppressed in your homelands?
Well first off try France, but if you don't like that, well then ****ing well make an effort to become something more an a leech on public finance and do something apart from sit on your arse and hassle tourists outside of Harrods.

I earn 23k a year, i can't afford a house in the south east, yet if i stuck petrol up my arse and couldn't speak a word of the Queen's, i'd be given a car, healthcare and a free house by the council.
illegal immigration is why the BNP is becoming more and more popular in the UK.

I hate illegal immergrents, they can all **** off to be tourtured in their back-water-****-hole countries for all i care.
Woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2003, 14:09   #146
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by Woof

illegal immigration is why the BNP is becoming more and more popular in the UK.
no a growing stupidity among the british population is why the BNP is becoming more and more popular. Combine that with the fact that some british people still think that the empire exists and we have a problem.

Zar
Unread 1 Sep 2003, 14:12   #147
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Quote:

I earn 23k a year, i can't afford a house in the south east, yet if i stuck petrol up my arse and couldn't speak a word of the Queen's, i'd be given a car, healthcare and a free house by the council.
we dont want people like you in the south east. its ****s like you, who are making our annoying government as it is, build more and more houses in an already crowded south-east. You stupid ****s who cant make your own areas nice and affluent, have to crowd our countryside with your stupid one/two bedroom flats, playing effect of the prices of our pre-existing houses, and adding even more cars to already congested roads, and putting more strain on our local public services.

forget illegal immigrants, its you south-eastern wannabes that should **** off.

edit: if you already originally lived in the south-east (but cant afford your own house) - ignore this entire post

Zar
Unread 1 Sep 2003, 14:15   #148
Woof
Banned

Woof is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Zar
edit: if you already originally lived in the south-east (but cant afford your own house) - ignore this entire post

Zar
I was born in Cambridge, and have lived within a 30 mile radius of Cambridge all my life.
Woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2003, 14:19   #149
Rommel

Quote:
Originally posted by Zar
no a growing stupidity among the british population is why the BNP is becoming more and more popular.
Zar
No. BNP is becoming more and more popular as people become more and more fed up with illegal immigrants coming into the country.
Unread 1 Sep 2003, 14:23   #150
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Quote:
I was born in Cambridge, and have lived within a 30 mile radius of Cambridge all my life.
i wouldnt say cambridgeshire is in the "south-east".

when people say southeast- they generally refer, the south eastern counties (kent, east and west sussex, surrey) sometimes london, (depends on the person - some class london in a league of its own (greater london that is))

Cambidgeshire is closer to being in east anglia, or the east midlands (not sure which one)

Zar