User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 24 Jul 2003, 18:00   #1
Chojin
Muslim Jr.

Chojin is an unknown quantity at this point
Jessica Lynch = Hero

When did the word 'hero' become virtually meaningless?
Chojin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jul 2003, 18:04   #2
Jammers

Jammers has a little shameless behaviour in the past
She's a hero if you believe the propaganda. It's like that guy in the Soviet Union who single handedly mined several hundred tons of coal in one shift, people thought he was a hero till they realised it was all lies.
Unread 24 Jul 2003, 18:06   #3
Woof
Banned

Woof is an unknown quantity at this point
Why wasn't my mum called a hero when she crashed her car?
Woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jul 2003, 18:10   #4
Hunter RAF

Hunter RAF is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah i was watching the news and, its pitiful that shes...

a: called a hero
b: has so much hype around her story
c: gets medals for being captured

wtf...

you got caught, you didnt do anything meaningful in the entire war, heres a medal or two for making us spend countless man hours and money in rescuing you
Unread 24 Jul 2003, 18:10   #5
Jammers

Quote:
Originally posted by Woof
Why wasn't my mum called a hero when she crashed her car?
Did she single handedly fight off half the Iraqi Army armed only with a handgun, followed by resisting tortue by several hundred highly trained torturers?
If she didn't, then she's probably just as much a hero as Jessica Lynch.
Unread 24 Jul 2003, 18:15   #6
Woof
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Jammers
Did she single handedly fight off half the Iraqi Army armed only with a handgun, followed by resisting tortue by several hundred highly trained torturers?
Neither did she according to the reports issued after the war.
Unread 24 Jul 2003, 18:17   #7
Jammers

Quote:
Neither did she according to the reports issued after the war.
That was my point
Unread 24 Jul 2003, 18:47   #8
Busty Blonde

Re: Jessica Lynch = Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by Chojin
I think it was around the time Thunderdome came out. Tina Turner is to blame
Unread 24 Jul 2003, 18:50   #9
Woof
Banned

Re: Re: Jessica Lynch = Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by Busty Blonde
I think it was around the time Thunderdome came out. Tina Turner is to blame
A nick like yours will get you far too much attention around here.
If anyone called Muslim offers to cybor, just say no.
Unread 24 Jul 2003, 19:05   #10
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: Re: Re: Jessica Lynch = Hero

Quote:
ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL ASL
fixed it for you

Last edited by acropolis; 24 Jul 2003 at 21:31.
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jul 2003, 19:56   #11
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
oh saaaaaaaaay does thaaaaaaat star spangled baaaaaaaaaaa-----aaaaannnnnnneeerrrr still waave..

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jul 2003, 19:59   #12
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice
Quote:
I hear she stiched up Qusay and Uday too.

I think we should parachute her back in; we'll be ruling the entire arab world within a week.
Unread 24 Jul 2003, 21:17   #13
inf
Banned

inf is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Jessica Lynch = Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by Chojin
when america gained indepence.
inf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jul 2003, 21:26   #14
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society
bloody americans, ruiin everything
Unread 24 Jul 2003, 21:28   #15
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Sandsnake will become famous soon enoughSandsnake will become famous soon enough
I just think it's sad that people are directing their disdain at her rather than the media...she was laid up in a hospital when all this started.

She's no more a hero than any other soldier on a battlefield. However, she's no less of one either.
Unread 24 Jul 2003, 21:31   #16
Chrism
Governor General

Chrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the rough
This whole debacle is absolutely priceless!
Unread 24 Jul 2003, 21:34   #17
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Sandsnake
She's no more a hero than any other soldier on a battlefield. However, she's no less of one either.
consider this.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jul 2003, 21:45   #18
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place
Quote:
Originally posted by Sandsnake
I just think it's sad that people are directing their disdain at her rather than the media...she was laid up in a hospital when all this started.

I pretty much agree with this.

but i have to say that i think its pretty difficult to separate when people are 'directing their disdain' at her and when at the media; it comes out pretty much the same.

ps: the 9/11 terrorists were cowards!!
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jul 2003, 23:08   #19
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend
damn yanks and their tokan promotions and medals for doing absolutly nothing at all. "oh wow you passed basic training here have a medal and a whole squad. by the way private you've been promoted to major general. congrats"

[/rant]
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jul 2003, 23:14   #20
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place
Quote:
She's a hero if you believe the propaganda. It's like that guy in the Soviet Union who single handedly mined several hundred tons of coal in one shift, people thought he was a hero till they realised it was all lies.
Alexei Stakhanov was aces you weiner*

* yes i got this from the monkey's sig, so what, go tell YOUR MOM.
Nusselt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2003, 00:59   #21
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
It's not that surprising that the media will jump upon any "hero" they can get. Surprising that they can't find someone who fit the role a bit more stereotypically tho.
Unread 25 Jul 2003, 01:30   #22
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
It's like that guy in the Soviet Union who single handedly mined several hundred tons of coal in one shift
SAM? ZIGGY SAYS YOU'RE ****ED!
Unread 25 Jul 2003, 05:49   #23
Monkehpimp
'Useless'

Monkehpimp is an unknown quantity at this point
Shes such a hick :/

they took her to a town with about 100k people in it, which was the biggest place she had been to and she was like 'wow, this is what New York must be like!!!'
Unread 25 Jul 2003, 08:27   #24
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
Considering the **** that she has been through, she deserves a medal far more than any of you fking morons ever will.
Unread 25 Jul 2003, 09:37   #25
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Ärketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really nice
For what?

For suffering?

Should i have gotten a medal when my grandmother died?
Godwin's Law prov. [Usenet] "As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one." There is a tradition in many groups that, once this occurs, that thread is over, and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever argument was in progress. Godwin's Law thus practically guarantees the existence of an upper bound on thread length in those groups. However there is also a widely- recognized codicil that any intentional triggering of Godwin's Law in order to invoke its thread-ending effects will be unsuccessful.
Ärketrollmannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2003, 11:14   #26
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Ärketrollmannen
For what?

For suffering?

Should i have gotten a medal when my grandmother died?
If you had been in the US Army, you probably would have.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2003, 11:32   #27
Woof
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Proteus
If you had been in the US Army, you probably would have.
I heard, that american service men used to get a medal when flying from american to England, as technically they fly over Northern Ireland which was classed as a war zone.

I doubt it's true, but with america, you never really can be sure.
Dafter crap happens in america!
Unread 25 Jul 2003, 13:09   #28
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Ärketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really nice
Does anyone know how many medals you were awarded if you went to the gulfwar?

I heard they had half a million men and handed out 12million medals

can taht be true?
Godwin's Law prov. [Usenet] "As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one." There is a tradition in many groups that, once this occurs, that thread is over, and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever argument was in progress. Godwin's Law thus practically guarantees the existence of an upper bound on thread length in those groups. However there is also a widely- recognized codicil that any intentional triggering of Godwin's Law in order to invoke its thread-ending effects will be unsuccessful.
Unread 25 Jul 2003, 13:37   #29
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Kumnaa is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by acropolis

ps: the 9/11 terrorists were cowards!!
i wouldn't have the balls to hijack a plane and fly it straight into a building resulting in my death
Unread 25 Jul 2003, 13:37   #30
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

I think he was being sarcastic
Unread 25 Jul 2003, 13:42   #31
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Kumnaa is infamous around these parts
he was being erotic
Unread 25 Jul 2003, 14:22   #32
treelo
Kyuss/qotsa > Deffeh ffs

treelo is an unknown quantity at this point
she just got lucky. i like the fact that the lied about it to make it look .

stupid yanks

Waiting for the Sun.
treelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2003, 14:35   #33
Vermillion
Historian

Vermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to all
Quote:
I heard, that american service men used to get a medal when flying from american to England, as technically they fly over Northern Ireland which was classed as a war zone.
During WWII, Ireland was not a war zone, it was a neutral country. Northern Ireland was actually quite peaceful at the time. (Unlike WWI)

However, back to the point. You have to destinguish between service medals, for being active in a war zone, and actual earned medals of merit. Though the example was flawed, the point was correct, American aviators flying over a war zone could be given service medals, indicating they were in active service in the war zone, but thats it.

There is no time limit required for service medals, largely due to the fact that in WWI it was not unusual for poorly trained and inexperienced American soldiers to be killed or wounded within half an jour of ariving at the front lines, and facing their vastly more experienced German opponents.

"Et nunc, reges, intelligite, er udimini, qui judicati terram"
Vermillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2003, 14:43   #34
Vermillion
Historian

Vermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to all
Also, while it is true that the US military has watered down the value of most of its medals for political reasons, at least the CMOH remains, like the British VC, quite elite and special, you pretty much have to get killed in an insanely heroic manner to even be nominated for one. (I think something like 65% of all CMOH's are awarded posthumously)

"Et nunc, reges, intelligite, er udimini, qui judicati terram"
Vermillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2003, 15:35   #35
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation

I'd cynically say the whole operation needed a heroine in the form of a 'little person' to make it more palatable for the people at home. From what I can tell, she did virtually nothing, at least nothing better than most people in unfortunate circumstances, and now she's marvellous.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2003, 03:02   #36
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
If Jessica sucked my dick not only would she be a heroine but i would go and buy her a medal or if she wanted i could make her one from some shiney metal from something like a tin of peaches or something and i could etch onto the round piece of the can i'd cut out 'NUMBER 1 SUCK - JESSICA LYNCH'.
Unread 26 Jul 2003, 03:19   #37
Steve_G

Steve_G is an unknown quantity at this point
its all part of american government

they place so much emphasis on there own troops thats its just stupid

i still think its bull**** neither of the guys who killed 4 canadian troops when they dropped a bomb on them like what? a year ago now have received any jail time

back in vietnam didnt they trade like 2500 US troops and like 3500 other PoWs on there side for like 53000 of the enemy

great ****en negotiation skills there
Unread 26 Jul 2003, 04:03   #38
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation

Heroism is a pretty nebulous concept, in my view. And medals often seem to be a reward for luck or even stupidity.

Who's the bigger hero, the guy who throws himself on an enemy hand grenade--and is killed? Or the guy who picks up that hand grenade and throws it back at the enemy--and lives? The guy who charges an enemy bunker with a shovel? Or the guy who calmly calls in an air strike to take it out? Which guys tend to get the medals?

With respect to Jessica's medals, I don't know why anyone here cares anyway. If the army wants to pin medals on palm trees and rocks, what is it to you? How are you harmed?

I can see where previous recipients of a medal might object to it being given out for frivolous reasons, as they may feel it "cheapens" their award. I think those people are the only ones whose opinions on this subject matter. So far, I haven't heard any of those people objecting.

The rest of you can sit down.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2003, 04:10   #39
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Tactitus
I can see where previous recipients of a medal might object to it being given out for frivolous reasons, as they may feel it "cheapens" their award. I think those people are the only ones whose opinions on this subject matter.

Yeah the opinions of those people and me are the only ones that matter!
Unread 26 Jul 2003, 10:39   #40
BarbieKen

Quote:
Originally posted by Dace
If Jessica sucked my dick not only would she be a heroine but i would go and buy her a medal or if she wanted i could make her one from some shiney metal from something like a tin of peaches or something and i could etch onto the round piece of the can i'd cut out 'NUMBER 1 SUCK - JESSICA LYNCH'.
Think about it. She might suck at sucking :/
Unread 26 Jul 2003, 13:44   #41
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by Tactitus
Who's the bigger hero, the guy who throws himself on an enemy hand grenade--and is killed? Or the guy who picks up that hand grenade and throws it back at the enemy--and lives? The guy who charges an enemy bunker with a shovel? Or the guy who calmly calls in an air strike to take it out? Which guys tend to get the medals?
To be fair, I doubt you'd get a medal for dying in the ways you describe unless it was the last resort and actaully made a difference.
Unread 27 Jul 2003, 16:58   #42
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Quote:
Originally posted by Vermillion
Also, while it is true that the US military has watered down the value of most of its medals for political reasons, at least the CMOH remains, like the British VC, quite elite and special, you pretty much have to get killed in an insanely heroic manner to even be nominated for one. (I think something like 65% of all CMOH's are awarded posthumously)

We don't really complain about the medal itself, but over the "WOW a HEROINE" crap that she has received.