User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 2 Jul 2003, 09:12   #1
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Kraft plans to cut snack sizes

For fear of Americans suing them over obesity problems.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3036924.stm

What is wrong Americans? The only superpower in the world has a nation of fat, stupid, arrogant morons who abuse a clearly inadequate legal system to sue companies for SELLING food.

Coke and Pepsi have come under attack for doing deals with schools to stock only their stuff in vending machines.
WHY????

Thats good business acumen. Not some fiendish plan to make all kids obese. Surely if their parents didnt feed them the equivalent of 10 portions of meat and enough fatty foods to sink the titanic then these people would not be fat?

Its like suing car manafacturers because people die in road accidents.

What the **** is wrong with these people?
More to the point.
How in gods name does the worlds supposedly finest legal system whereby Justice is swift and fair allow such morons to be able to set legal precedents and open the flood gates for millions of other claims.

I.e. Tobacco companies.

People have known its dangerous to smoke for over 20 years. Yet people are STILL smoking and STILL trying to sue because theyre dying.

STOP SMOKING YOU GODDAMN MORONS. IF YOU DONT WANT TO DIE THEN STOP DOING IT.

ITS LIKE INJECTING ARSENIC INTO YOUR ARM AND THEN SUING THE NEEDLE MANAFACTURER FOR PROVIDING THE NEEDLE WHICH YOU USE.

"well if we aint got no needle then we cant shoot ourselves up with mind altering drugs or suicide ourselves......hyuck hyuck...."

America has become a fat nation.
Its fat because it over indulges in every aspect of existence.
Sure the fact that you get 'more bang for your buck' when it comes to food is ace. It doesnt mean that you have to go out and buy so much crap that your arteries become the size of a pinhole before you finally die from a heart attack.

Im leaving for the states on Sunday.
When i get there i KNOW i will be greeted by fat people with asses the size of texas. Its disgusting. I do not want to see these bloated fat bastards walking around. It makes me feel ill.

Now...if your fat because 'thats the way you are' (and some people are) or because you have real trouble with your metabolism etc then fair enough.
But how can 2/3rds of a country be like this?
Its just not right????

Maybe these fat ****s should just STOP eating instead of finding every excuse under the sun to keep doing what theyre doing and then be able to gain financial profit from suing a company under the grounds 'you made us fat with your low priced, high quality products'.

Kindly **** off and stop eating. fatties.

This is my rant of the day.
Comments
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 09:16   #2
Woof
Banned

Woof is an unknown quantity at this point
All that will happen is they will eat two smaller portions, instead of one larger.

Just watch for the amoung of soda american's drink.
I'm always amazed at the sheer amount of fizzy pop they can neck.
They get a cup the size of a bucket and then go back for the free refills, time after time.
It's not like they can be thirsty, it's just because they can.
Woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 09:21   #3
madi
a little bit broken

madi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better place
i think it is funny when you hear fat people ordering 2 giant cheese burgers, extra large fries, onion rings, a fried apple pie

and a diet coke
madi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 09:32   #4
BarbieKen

But the lawsuit threats are working.

It's like.... hmm.. take salt or tobacco..

Salt is an often used ingredient in fast food, for making people drink more coke. Tobacco contains nikotin, wich creates a 'physical need' that has to be filled each day. It also stimulates certain nerves wich makes it relaxing.

Offcourse people drink extra large coke to every fking meal they buy at McDonalds, because the food is so god damn salt. Offcourse people smoke to keep them relaxed for a few times, but what they are doing is actually creating a need.

I'm one of those people that can quit anything in a snap of my finger. I quit smoking after deciding when I went to bed the night before, woke up and didn't think of smoking nomore.

People in general, can't take responsibility for themselfs, and thus someone has to do it for them. Sad to say, people suck.
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 09:45   #5
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Tobacco is slightly different since it wasn't obvious at the time that it was addictive and/or damaging to your health (to the extent it is now). The claims is not that the tobacco companies sold cigarettes it's that they deliberately withheld information from the public about how addictive, damaging, etc their products were. The warnings on cigarettes were put on as an attempt to stop lawsuits of this kind.

Deliberately targeting children for any product could be seen as "good business acumen" - this doesn't make it morally justifiable. What would you say if you found out someone sold drugs to your kid? Surely this would be good business acumen.

Yes, people need to take personal responsibility, but how about a little responsibility from those institutions which dominate our economy?
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 09:50   #6
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
It's like those people having a go at Cadbury's for doing a 'sport equipment for schools' promotion, where you can take used wrappers into schools and claim equipment.

People said they are trying to make kids fat. I don't see how- it's not as if they are actually asking people to eat more chocolate.

If you get fat from eating too much it's your own fault. Mcdonalds don't force people to eat their products, nor do they force people to go back for more.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 10:06   #7
Woof
Banned

I eat at BK once in a while and i eat chocolate, but i'm not fat.
However, I go to the gym and swim 4 times a week.

Just because i cycle past a BK on my way home from work dosen't mean i have to eat there.
You have the choice to eat healthly or not, you have to take responsibility for what you eat.
Even a child will tell you fruit and veg are better than deep fried food.

The problem is not with the food, it's with the american life style of eating to the excess.
I wonder how many of these people planning to sue the fast food chains have Mc. D's for breakfast, BK for lunch and Pizza for tea?
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 10:08   #8
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
You need to read (and subscribe) The Stella Awards to find out just how litiagious these fat bastards are!

I'm a bit overweight atm cos I haven't been using the gym, and I've been drinking a lot (just moved house, mucho partying with housemates!) I'm NOT gonna blame breweries or food companies, or my doctor, or the government. NO! I blame myself, for being lazy atm.

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 10:14   #9
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Woof
Pizza for tea?
Northerner

Anyway, I'm off to get my sausage barm. I usually have muesli, but I'm hungover today! That said, I've got a tin of Baxters "Healthy Choice" for lunch. I'm cooking swordfish with a salad and pasta for dinner (tea) though.

I'm doing this because I have a choice. I could just order pizza, like fat american ****wits.

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 10:16   #10
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Dante Hicks

Yes, people need to take personal responsibility, but how about a little responsibility from those institutions which dominate our economy? [/b]

why should they? people can make their own choice to ignore all the advertising. when it comes to children though it is a different issue, because children are regarded as not being as able to make their own decisions and from this are assumed to be more easily manipulated by advertising and so on.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 10:23   #11
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
and thats why parents have control over their children, the parents can say 'no' to the fatty foods, but they dont either, hopefully, and lawsuit against a food company will get laughed out of court lke it deserves
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 10:29   #12
Woof
Banned

People have to make their own choices, it's what being an adult is all about.
You know the facts, that fast food is bad for you, but if you eat there all the time you have to accept that you will put on weight.

When i was in america, my family used to go out to a pancake restaurant for breakfast.
Pancakes and syrup for breakfast, what a healthy start to the day!
The last time i'd eaten pancakes, was on pancake day....
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 10:36   #13
BarbieKen

Quote:
Originally posted by Dante Hicks
Yes, people need to take personal responsibility, but how about a little responsibility from those institutions which dominate our economy?
You don't make alot of money that way.
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 10:55   #14
BarbieKen

MacDonalds beeing slang for McDonalds or another special chain selling fast food to slow people?
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 10:59   #15
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
bring your own snacks into work then?
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 11:00   #16
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Radical Edward
why should they? people can make their own choice to ignore all the advertising.
They should because that's what decent human beings should do.

But anyway : Yes, people can choose to overlook advertising. I'm not sure whether they can ignore it, since it's on TV, in cinemas, on bloody billboards, in magazines, web banner ads, etc. It's kind of crammed down our damn throats. Who knows the effect of associating sugar filled crap with athleticism throughout people's lives. Don't get me wrong, people should be formally free to pimp their crap on us all, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 11:21   #17
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
This picture made me feel good about myself.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 16:38   #18
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
JJ... they sue these companies because they can. and it's been proven in the past that they will win.
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 17:25   #19
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
It's hardly consitent say that ecstacy can be banned but fast food stores can't be sued, or that some private contracts done by responsible citizens (like employment) have to be regulated while other private exchanges should not be regulated because they are done by responsible citizens.

In reality, some people have addictive personalities so should be protected from drugs, or are susceptible to discrimination so need to be regulated, or are suseptible to advertising so need to be protected from McDonalds. There's no hard and fast rule like "they ate it, they're wholly responsible". There are a whole load of factors like whether the nutritional content was misrepresented etc etc that I think we should trust the lawyers to sort out.
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 17:28   #20
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by queball
There are a whole load of factors like whether the nutritional content was misrepresented etc etc that I think we should trust the lawyers to sort out.
AHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 17:37   #21
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I saw the same story in USA Today yesterday and you could almost see the reporter typing it going 'what the **** is wrong with these people'.

There was even a quote in there from some Parents Group aleging that "...fatty foods are addictive.."

No, fatty foods are nice to eat. Kids like food that's nice to eat, so they go back for more. I had a quarterpounder with cheese three days ago. Since that time I haven't been crippled with stomach cramps, joint pain and a desperate craving for lard, I've been eating salads, which have been remarkably pleasant.

As JJ has already said, it seems to be the underlying dream of so many people to win a lawsuit.
Apparently the same people who won multi-billion dollar suits against the tobacco companies are now gearing up to take on the food companies "..because they put too much sugar in cereals to make them taste nice and because it's cheap..." well,

I'm sure the same people will be overjoyed when they're eating raw wheat and grass for breakfast, as that will be a healthy, organic way to start the day.

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 17:47   #22
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
if this means i get less cheesey pasta per packet i will be most displeased

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 17:50   #23
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
It will probably mean it will be less fatty, less cheesy and there will be less of it.

Which means, like everyone else, you'll eat two packets instead of just one.

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 17:55   #24
Aryn
Happy

Quote:
Originally posted by Dead_Meat
Which means, like everyone else, you'll eat two packets instead of just one.

my sister and i already share 2 packets (with a bit left over)
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 17:57   #25
huh
WHY DID YOU PUSH GRANDMA

huh is an unknown quantity at this point
I think it's all incredibly amusing. They are going to destroy themselves because of their success. Plus, for every extra overweight person there is, I just look better and better. I can eat as much as they can, and don't gain weight \o/
huh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 19:13   #26
Woof
Banned

Maybe it's just a cynical ploy.
If they cut the food per portion by 50%, but only cut the price per portion by 45%, they will know the lardies will eat two portions where they only used to eat one.
At a stroke they've increased their profits.