User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 26 Jun 2003, 11:33   #1
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Oi Gates stick your product activation up your arse !

You jism munkey !

Pay for ANOTHER copy of XP huh huh huh ?

Twat !

Vaio
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 11:35   #2
menth0l
dim like a fox

menth0l is on a distinguished road
just *cough* aqcuire a *cough* *cough* corporate edition *cough*
---------------
ph33r TPE plz. thxbye.
menth0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 11:38   #3
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by menth0l
just *cough* aqcuire a *cough* *cough* corporate edition *cough*
But I already BOUGHT a legit copy

I've also just took time out of my day off in front of Buffy to cancel an order for 20 copies of XP for work.

Me bad

Shame Linux isnt ready for most people's desktop

Vaio
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 11:40   #4
menth0l
dim like a fox

menth0l is on a distinguished road
ain't that the thruth.
---------------
ph33r TPE plz. thxbye.
menth0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 12:59   #5
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute
I'm confused.. Your legit version asked for product activation and you some how had trouble obtaining it? or.. You attempted to break the licensing agreement and install the product onto a second machine?

=[DJ Bass]=
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 13:29   #6
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Quote:
Originally posted by ItotheDtotheI
actually if you get a competent admin to install linux and all the needed tools for you, and plop an office monkey down infront of the pc

it pretty much is.
Oddly enough I like to think I am a competent admin and I know I am more than competant to install Linux, thats why my 2nd box at the office is running Mandrake.

What I said was 'Shame Linux isnt ready for most people's desktop' and when most people have been quite happily using Office for about 5 years then get a little upset when you plonk a copy of Open Office in front of them, I speak from experience

Vaio
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 13:33   #7
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Quote:
Originally posted by djbass
I'm confused.. Your legit version asked for product activation and you some how had trouble obtaining it? or.. You attempted to break the licensing agreement and install the product onto a second machine?

=[DJ Bass]=
I've just replaced the motherboard for one that could well be described as having the testicles of a dog and XP decided that as I have changed so many components that my legit product key is no longer valid and I have to enter a different one, ie buy another copy of XP, now I dont know about you but I think that stinks

Vaio
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 13:35   #8
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Vaio
I've just replaced the motherboard for one that could well be described as having the testicles of a dog and XP decided that as I have changed so many components that my legit product key is no longer valid and I have to enter a different one, ie buy another copy of XP, now I dont know about you but I think that stinks

Vaio
dont you just have to ring MS and give them the code it says and then tell you the new key ?
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 13:37   #9
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Quote:
Originally posted by NEWSBOT3
dont you just have to ring MS and give them the code it says and then tell you the new key ?
I have no idea, I am currently looking for a way to disable the activation thing instead

Vaio
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 14:43   #10
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I have no idea, I am currently looking for a way to disable the activation thing instead

Vaio
You need only activate the product again, second purchase not necessary.

All the new MS products (XP, Office etc) have an audit mode built in that disables the product activation, however unless you know which registry settings to modify you need their special tool to activate it.

=[DJ Bass]=
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 14:51   #11
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
so, basically, what you are saying is, that if you instally XP on your machine, then have it upgraded, but dont really know a lot about windows (or even if you do know a fair bit by the looks of it) then you are screwed, to me, that sounds crap
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 15:04   #12
djbass
mmm.. pills

Quote:
Originally posted by roadrunner_0
so, basically, what you are saying is, that if you instally XP on your machine, then have it upgraded, but dont really know a lot about windows (or even if you do know a fair bit by the looks of it) then you are screwed, to me, that sounds crap
no.. you should take both of of my sentences in that last post as two individual items.

the first point, activate xp.. either click the button that says do it via internet or phone the number provided and recieve the activation code, not-so-very-well-trained monkeys could do it.

the second point was addressing his last question asking if it were possible to disable product activation altogether. the answer of which was yes, as it is actually built in for testing purposes, but requires a bit of tricky editing to turn the audit mode on.

=[DJ Bass]=
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 15:18   #13
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
ah! i see! sorry for the mistake there
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 16:08   #14
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
just call the freephone number

tell the microsoft telephone monkey you cahnged your mobo

they will give you a activation key

problem solved
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 18:06   #15
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Oddly enough I like to think I am a competent admin and I know I am more than competant to install Linux, thats why my 2nd box at the office is running Mandrake.

What I said was 'Shame Linux isnt ready for most people's desktop' and when most people have been quite happily using Office for about 5 years then get a little upset when you plonk a copy of Open Office in front of them, I speak from experience

Vaio
"Most people" dont use office products, they use a text editor and possibly a spreadsheet once every few months.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 18:13   #16
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
erm

i had to phone the microsoft monkeys when i installed new mobo drivers for the nforce components.

winxp had a spasm and declared that i had to re-activate it or it would not work in the next 30 days.

i phoned
quoted a number
all was well

however

i didnt change any of my goddamn hardware. all i did was install some new goddamn ****ing drivers
how ****ing ****ed up is that.

and to phone the number from uni i had to use my goddamn ****ing mobile and was listening to some ****ed up **** music for about 15minutes before some ****ing retarded female finally answered and didnt understand simple numbers and letters when i quoted them to her. i resorted to using "A for apple"

i mean christ sake

dumb bitch.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 18:29   #17
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Quote:
Originally posted by Nodrog
"Most people" dont use office products, they use a text editor and possibly a spreadsheet once every few months.
Maybe where you work but outside fast food chains people in offices use Office

Vaio
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 18:31   #18
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Maybe where you work but outside fast food chains people in offices use Office

Vaio
Perhaps, but that isnt "most people".
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 18:33   #19
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Starbucks
just call the freephone number

tell the microsoft telephone monkey you cahnged your mobo

they will give you a activation key

problem solved
Not actually always the case, trying to get them to give you a new activation code on an OEM version can be a nightmare with statements like "The agreement covers only the original machine in the configuration it was supplied in. Upgrading your machine is in breech with the software agreement and you need to buy a full version to continue using Windows XP"
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 18:35   #20
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Quote:
Originally posted by Nodrog
Perhaps, but that isnt "most people".
Who are you trying to impress by being pedantic ?

Vaio
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 19:16   #21
BesigedB
Darling

BesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally posted by wakey
Not actually always the case, trying to get them to give you a new activation code on an OEM version can be a nightmare with statements like "The agreement covers only the original machine in the configuration it was supplied in. Upgrading your machine is in breech with the software agreement and you need to buy a full version to continue using Windows XP"
and its up to them what you do with your pc?
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 19:47   #22
Woof
Banned

Woof is an unknown quantity at this point
1) Go to PC World/Dixons
2) Find Laptop
3) Turn laptop over
4) Locate WinXP sticker
5) Write down CD Key.
6) Run quickly from shop.

That technique has been sucessfully employed by meh.
Many display PCs have a sticker on the case with the CD Key on.
WinXP will allow the same CD key to work within reason on a slightly different PC setup.

When i needed another CD key for a Toshiba laptop, i found a smiliar spec laptop in PC World and nicked their code.

You stitch up MS and PC World in one go.
I doubt you get a more productive afternoon if you tried!
Woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 20:15   #23
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Woof
1) Go to PC World/Dixons
2) Find Laptop
3) Turn laptop over
4) Locate WinXP sticker
5) Write down CD Key.
6) Run quickly from shop.

That technique has been sucessfully employed by meh.
Many display PCs have a sticker on the case with the CD Key on.
WinXP will allow the same CD key to work within reason on a slightly different PC setup.

When i needed another CD key for a Toshiba laptop, i found a smiliar spec laptop in PC World and nicked their code.

You stitch up MS and PC World in one go.
I doubt you get a more productive afternoon if you tried!
i hope you havent got Service pack 1 ^_^
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 21:12   #24
sinnamon xie
teens1ut

sinnamon xie is an unknown quantity at this point
I installed XP on two computers with the same activation key without a problem.

[M&S]
sinnamon xie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 22:03   #25
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Kumnaa is infamous around these parts
Quote:
actually if you get a competent admin to install linux and all the needed tools for you, and plop an office monkey down infront of the pc

it pretty much is.
havent you given that crap up yet ?
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 22:06   #26
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Quote:
You've conquered the piece of China between longitude 94° and 96° and latitude 36° and 38° for blame-the-french.com.
This piece of land was owned by nitemare.sqonline.net.
some other punk has written himself a bot
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 22:20   #27
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Quote:
Originally posted by sinnamon xie
I installed XP on two computers with the same activation key without a problem.
You are a clever one, now replace a few bits of hardware on one of them, reboot the machine AND GET A CLUE ABOUT WHAT WE ARE ON ABOUT

Vaio
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 22:21   #28
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Quote:
You are a clever one, now replace a few bits of hardware on one of them, reboot the machine AND GET A CLUE ABOUT WHAT WE ARE ON ABOUT

Vaio
download the corporate version off the interweb
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 22:27   #29
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Quote:
Originally posted by Kumnaa
download the corporate version off the interweb
You saw the bit where I said I had a bought copy right ?

Vaio
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 22:32   #30
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Quote:
You saw the bit where I said I had a bought copy right ?

Vaio
You saw the bit where you said you had to buy another copy* right ?

*even tho you dont
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 23:13   #31
sinnamon xie
teens1ut

Quote:

Vaio
Someone mentioned installing on two computers. I was just sharing, not attempting to solve your problem.

[M&S]
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 23:15   #32
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Quote:
Originally posted by sinnamon xie
Someone mentioned installing on two computers. I was just sharing, not attempting to solve your problem.
just ignore him, hes in a bad mood or something
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 23:15   #33
sinnamon xie
teens1ut

Quote:
Originally posted by Kumnaa
just ignore him, hes in a bad mood or something
I noticed

[M&S]
Unread 27 Jun 2003, 09:16   #34
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by Starbucks
i hope you havent got Service pack 1 ^_^
1. Obtain corporate XP copy.
2. Slipstream SP1 into XP.
3. Now have install disk with SP1 already patched in that will not even ask you for a product key on install. AKA Profit \o/
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2003, 10:09   #35
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
You've conquered the piece of United Kingdom between longitude 0° and 2° and latitude 52° and 54° for blame-the-french.com.
This piece of land was owned by nitemare.sqonline.net.