User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Closed Thread
Unread 2 Sep 2004, 12:57   #1
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold
Galaxy Tax

how about implementing a galaxy tax feature....

this cud be set by the MoD upto a limit of say %10 of resources produced per planet per tick..?? this money could then be set aside from the normal fund and distributed out to attacked planets depending on score losses etc (i.e 100k of each resource per 50k lost??)

i know i havent thought this 1 through properly (head hurts lots and am at work.. so if sum1 cud elaborate a bit more on this or me wud most appreciate :P

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Unread 2 Sep 2004, 13:58   #2
Blacknova
Zhil's Monkeyboy

Blacknova is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Galaxy Tax

Far too easy to abuse, most gals have their own variant of this anyways, forcing it into the game mechanic will just encourage greedy buddy packs to take over the gal and drain other members for resources. You couldn't put it into an emergency fund aside from galfund, otherwise ppl will just be donating too much of what they earn.

Best to leave as is for now, let the players decide whether they wish to help out with galfunds and tax and such.

Nova
Unread 2 Sep 2004, 14:51   #3
Blixxard
Currently Unavailable

Blixxard is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacknova
Far too easy to abuse, most gals have their own variant of this anyways, forcing it into the game mechanic will just encourage greedy buddy packs to take over the gal and drain other members for resources. You couldn't put it into an emergency fund aside from galfund, otherwise ppl will just be donating too much of what they earn.
I agree, but would like to add that many galaxies have manual tax, if you don't pay you don't get resource help etc. People should not be forced to pay for something that could easily be corrupt and abused.
Unread 2 Sep 2004, 14:53   #4
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

but an opt in tax system might be useful - e..g u set yourslef hwta percentage of your income u donate to funds etc.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Unread 2 Sep 2004, 15:08   #5
Blixxard
Currently Unavailable

Blixxard is an unknown quantity at this point

I think this one is better left under the rock.
Unread 2 Sep 2004, 21:57   #6
Paul_Atreides
YA HYA CHOUHADA!!!!!!!!!!

Paul_Atreides is an unknown quantity at this point

you could have all members of the gal aggre on it, like an exil, but it would b donated to the gal fund.
If not that, why not put intrest on the gal fund say 2%?
YA HYA CHOUHADA: "Long live the fighters!" The Fedaykin battle cry. Ya (now) in this cry is augmented by the hya form (the ever-extended now). Chouhada (fighters) carries this added eaning of fghters against in justice. There is a distinction in this word that specifies the fighters are not struggling for anything, but are consecreted against a specific thing-that alone.
Unread 3 Sep 2004, 03:27   #7
Blacknova
Zhil's Monkeyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blixxard
I think this one is better left under the rock.
/me hands Blixxard some cement to make sure this particular rock is buried, sealed, and long forgotten about.

Nova
Unread 5 Sep 2004, 18:11   #8
BasiltheCat
A right royal pain in ...

BasiltheCat is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice idea in principal, but lets say 5% a tick maximum and make it a function of the GC which has to be approved by the ministers, like exiling.
Unread 22 Sep 2004, 10:38   #9
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BasiltheCat
Nice idea in principal, but lets say 5% a tick maximum and make it a function of the GC which has to be approved by the ministers, like exiling.
thats more along the lines of what i was thinking...wud be a good idea to implement, then theres sumthing in the fund incase of emergencies

Unread 22 Sep 2004, 11:01   #10
Blacknova
Zhil's Monkeyboy

No, any resource donation should be voluntary and not part of the game mechanic...

Leave this one alone

Nova
Unread 22 Sep 2004, 11:23   #11
Mek
InSomniac

Quote:
No, any resource donation should be voluntary and not part of the game mechanic...

Leave this one alone

Nova

Bleh lol, oki

Unread 22 Sep 2004, 12:56   #12
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

Leave this one alone

Nova
I don't see how an opt-in 'donate 5% a tick' effort for each player would break the fabric of space/time, it also doesn't make tax donations involuntary. If you wanted to donate manually you still could and if you couldn't be arsed remembering to do it yourself and wanted the game to donate for you then you could do that too.
Unread 22 Sep 2004, 13:58   #13
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

if you could tell your own account to do it, fair play.

it's when the gc or ministers can start taking resources from your account that things are bad

-mist
Unread 22 Sep 2004, 14:31   #14
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Sorry I thought the guy meant that allowing an opt-in solution was bad and to leave it, I forgot the thread started with a less usable idea.
Unread 22 Sep 2004, 19:39   #15
Blacknova
Zhil's Monkeyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablissimo
Sorry I thought the guy meant that allowing an opt-in solution was bad and to leave it, I forgot the thread started with a less usable idea.
I was referring to the original solution which did not have the "opt in / out" provision.

Mandatory donations is one rock that should stay unturned.

Voluntary ones as it stands now do not require much effort and allows a player to vary the amts provided when they are having either a very successful week or two, or when things are tough.

Fixing that into some sort of system imo would be more effort than it's worth.

Nova
Unread 26 Sep 2004, 09:10   #16
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Fixing that into some sort of system imo would be more effort than it's worth.
I would have thought that there would be either one or two fields.
Scenario 1:
In preferences: add a field that says along the lines of 'Permit the MoD to remove an amount s/he deems fit as a Galaxy tax.'

Scenario 2:
In Resources: add two fields. 1: 'Permit the MoD to impose the Galaxy Tax on me.' 2: 'Select the Tax Rate'

shouldnt be too hard, i would have thought, to appease the less hardcore players in the community (yes, they do exist).
Unread 4 Oct 2004, 06:19   #17
Kileman
Commander

Kileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to behold

DIE TAX DIE!

Aint no way im gonna play in a gal with some tax-hoe newb that takes 1/3 of my hard earned res.... its bad enough when it happens IRL, yet alone in game.

I might add that the person that sets the tax rate would most likely be the newb that got bashed and lost their fleet as a result of their inactivity.
Unread 31 Oct 2004, 20:48   #18
Ciddita

Ciddita is an unknown quantity at this point

I, being an MoD in a galaxy with a low tax, would actually like the idea of a low tax. I think if you set up a system that would set the tax to a certain amount per day. Doing a percentage could work as well, but keep in mind that the higher you get the more you'd be charged.

I know this system could be abused rather easily. That is why you would have to have a max amount/percentage you could charge. And not all people would abuse this system. I think the majority of people would use the fund for it's true uses..... to help the newer/smaller systems build up and become an important part of galactic affairs.

These are just a few thoughts, feel free to squash them, but that don't mean I won't still think they are great

Ciddita
MoD
Unread 21 Nov 2004, 15:43   #19
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

I personally would like a system where a MoD could set a reccomended tax rate and then members could opt in to either pay the reccmended rate or pay more/less as they wished. Though they would maybe have to give a reason for not doing the reccomended one.

I don't see why this would hurt anyone, so discuss it more.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 21 Nov 2004, 23:55   #20
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: [Discuss] Galaxy Tax

How about just giving people the option to tithe to the fund?
Unread 22 Nov 2004, 01:00   #21
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
How about just giving people the option to tithe to the fund?

I agree, the system works perfectly if you simply don't make it mandatory. Give people who don't want to, or don't care, the option not to pay (clearly marking these planets somewhere on the MoD's overview or something).

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 14 Jan 2005, 01:20   #22
Kal
Inactive peon

despite the fact i like taxes, there is no real use of a taxation system at this time. - Declined

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Closed Thread