User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Administration > Planetarion Help Desk

Unread 2 Sep 2007, 23:47   #1
amme_eilyk

amme_eilyk is an unknown quantity at this point
Posting in PA forums

Hi is there are way to make the background on which you post in on forums black, since white which shows up best once you have posted is invisible on the white background in edit message.

Thanks
amme_eilyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Sep 2007, 01:22   #2
Awake
Asleep.

Awake has a spectacular aura aboutAwake has a spectacular aura aboutAwake has a spectacular aura about
Re: Posting in PA forums

Try the 'Retro 1' skin.

(Bottom left hand side of the page to change skin).

Plastic Brilliance
Awake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Sep 2007, 01:35   #3
amme_eilyk

amme_eilyk is an unknown quantity at this point

thanx thats great for in here. Any ideas for the ingame forums?
amme_eilyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Sep 2007, 04:25   #4
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

You could change the font color or add a highlight color. Then once you are done change everything back to the way you want it to post. Changing the background color might best be in the planetarion suggestion section.
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Sep 2007, 17:03   #5
-=10us=-

-=10us=- is on a distinguished road
creating links

i cant create clickable links (to external sources) with the ingame forum.
ive tested this with firefox and ie.

anyone else having the same problems?
-=10us=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Sep 2007, 17:10   #6
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

It doesnt seem to be liking me either - i've passed it on to the right people, and we'll see what happens .

Thanks.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Sep 2007, 08:31   #7
-=10us=-

did the people received your message yet?
because this still isnt fixed.

maybe just let them replace this horrible forum back to the perfect old one...
Unread 17 Sep 2007, 09:58   #8
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

Use text only ingame, and Retro v2 on the forums.
That my good man, is the perfect setup for pa

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Sep 2007, 13:44   #9
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Ah, well, it depends if you're talking about the in-game "PA Forums", or the http://pirate.planetarion.com "PA Forums".

I've been playing with the in-game forums, and i've not come across your problem yet. Though the in-game forums have recently changed, making playing with it entertaining, if you could provide some more detail as to what skin(s) you are using in-game, and any other information you think is relevent, i might be able to be better able to replicate your problem and work on a solution.

As for the "pirate" PA forums, editing your post should not be a problem. Generally, i've found that the skins i've been playing with all show the edited text as black on a white background, which are - when posted - then changed to white text/black background or whatever the skin you choose to use applies to it. Eg, the Lairyfish skin that i love so dearly types in black, but displays in white on a deep green colour once its been posted.

If what you are doing is trying to type in white colour, then when you choose to edit it, it might be hard to see. To be frank, dont use the coloured text options when posting; let people's skins play with the colours. Eg, some skins (like Pro Vizion) have white backgrounds, which makes posts which are in white text hard to see; but in default (automatic) colour would display in black.

This is essentially the jist of the reply, and the result of my own experiments. I apologise for not replying earlier.

Hope that helps anyway, please post below with clarification if it does not.
<3
Unread 17 Sep 2007, 18:27   #10
-=10us=-

Re: creating links

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=10us=-
i cant create clickable links (to external sources) with the ingame forum.
ive tested this with firefox and ie.
i was talking about the ingame forums.

to replicate this simply make a new topic, enter some text, select some of it, go to the create hyperlink button, type in an url, click ok.

you will notice the text turned blue and underlined.
but after submitting and watching the topic the link still is underlined but clicking it won't do anyting (your cursor wont change in a pointer either).

im using the round 21 skin and tested this in FireFox 2.0 as well with Internet Explorer 7.

in FF2 the link popup is also way to small.
Unread 17 Sep 2007, 23:31   #11
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Although I can't speak with any authority on this, that may well be intentional to stop people from abusing the in-game forums - e.g. advertisers and spammers, as well as 'normal' players who post inappropriate links. We actually operate a similar system on these forums, stopping people from posting clickable urls until they've made at least 10 posts.
Unread 18 Sep 2007, 08:39   #12
-=10us=-

if you dont want ppl to post links in the ingame forums, why offer link buttons in the first place?
so i guess this is just a bug and not a feature intentionally broken.
Unread 19 Sep 2007, 00:47   #13
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Re: creating links

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=10us=-
i was talking about the ingame forums.
My big post was in reply to the original poster in this thread. For some reason, i am on smack and so didnt re-read your query there .

I did end up finding out that havling links that dont click was actually intentional. Whilst it seems counterintuative (gla forums are great places to have links to threads on the forums, or the PA Wiki, or etc), i was unable to convince those who wrote the forum to change their minds on this issue.

Perhaps if you made a post on the Suggestions forum, something could be rectified.
Unread 19 Sep 2007, 12:39   #14
-=10us=-

ok thanx, sorry for the confusion.

i will make a post on the suggestion forum.