User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 19 Oct 2004, 01:23   #1
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute
i wish...

the old days where back! i so much miss the endless threads about possible fleetcombo's against which race. Multiple targetting & wpsd + agil > the *. Also the stealing Zik was great fun, cathaar was still good (emp) and terrans / Xans always battling over the most kills , i miss it

so what about you ppl? more in favour of the old combat engine or the new? and why?
Unread 19 Oct 2004, 12:38   #2
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about
Re: i wish...

More like diminished community? This forum has been almost dead for many rounds already. And probably ppl dont wanna give away their "edge" if they found out something remarkeable
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 ¤ | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6 ¤
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though
General Martok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2004, 03:11   #3
Rc mayhem
Un-retired by request

Rc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these parts

BRING BACK SCIENCE AND WAR!!!!!!! was much better than what we have now ah the good old days.....
Rc mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2004, 03:53   #4
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

You know where to find "that game" if you want it, but of course I can't "advertise" it here.

New PA is fun though, but I like being able to play new and old.

Free is certainly a good price, but you get what you pay for (utterly gay politics and block wars every god damned round).

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2004, 04:39   #5
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: i wish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandows
the old days where back! i so much miss the endless threads about possible fleetcombo's against which race. Multiple targetting & wpsd + agil > the *. Also the stealing Zik was great fun, cathaar was still good (emp) and terrans / Xans always battling over the most kills , i miss it

so what about you ppl? more in favour of the old combat engine or the new? and why?
I think part of the problem is that we all just got too damn efficient at analyzing ship stats. We used to spend weeks arguing fleet combos--now you can just toss 'em into a bcalc and see what wins. Bringing back the old stats/combat engine wouldn't help much because we'd still have the tools.

Once you look behind the curtain and understand--completely--how it works, it's just not the same anymore. :/
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote