User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 5 Aug 2005, 09:54   #51
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Funny PA sayings

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
which amused me about as much as shoving my face up a badger's arse.
You see? Now _thats_ funny

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2005, 09:59   #52
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ryzekiel_
Do any of you actually callthe situations you've described "Pulling an/a x" ?
Yes. Everytime. Yes.
Unread 5 Aug 2005, 11:04   #53
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ryzekiel_
Do any of you actually callthe situations you've described "Pulling an/a x" ?
Whilst DCing I've put, in large capital letters (perhaps even bold) 'Well ****ing barrow it then :<' when someone didn't have any useful ships for me. But this was at about 4am in the morning and I was in a bad mood.

Zyth's post in another thread remined me of 'ToFing it' which I heard once, whereby you ally or NAP an alliance, and then proceed to give them incs every night as your members attack solo and don't check teh arby...
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2005, 11:30   #54
Marka
xVx

Marka is just really niceMarka is just really niceMarka is just really niceMarka is just really niceMarka is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by at0mic.c0w
"Ask yourself what Benneh would do." - means you should land your attack even if it means losing your fleet for close to no roids
Cath suicide FTW \o/
Unread 5 Aug 2005, 12:07   #55
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Doing a ToF - Allie a couple of alliances and attack them several times a day
Unread 5 Aug 2005, 12:58   #56
*donkie*
Affectionate Nickname

*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light

Pulling a donkie:

being on DC duty, feeling a bit nippy so runs upstairs to fetch a blanket to keep him warm, coming down the stairs, tripping on the blanket, falling, breaking his ankle and having to call his mother to take him to hospital at 3am.
Unread 5 Aug 2005, 16:36   #57
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by *donkie*
Pulling a donkie:

being on DC duty, feeling a bit nippy so runs upstairs to fetch a blanket to keep him warm, coming down the stairs, tripping on the blanket, falling, breaking his ankle and having to call his mother to take him to hospital at 3am.
Ouch
Unread 5 Aug 2005, 17:19   #58
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

placing spies in other alliances as BC's...

i mean storebo HAD to be a titan spy or is there someone saying he was properly calcing in round 8?
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2005, 17:20   #59
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

"I have SiNND" - getting 30 hostile incomings, all landing at the same tick, every night

"Getting Gate'd" - getting 30 hostile incomings, all landing at the same tick, every night

"Got Mek'ed?" - have you been getting 30 hostile incomings, all landing at the same tick, every night?

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2005, 17:30   #60
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

We've actually used "Pulling a Fish" before....

there were 3-4 of us in the DC room... A call comes in, and the three of us were figuring out what to send/what it was.

Fish simply comments back through the bot: "Cover it in-gal plz ta"

person replies: "ok, will do".

The three others of us just sat dumbfounded...

So whenever ingal def is possible, it's now called "Pulling a Fish" {yes, we are lazy sods }
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2005, 17:47   #61
coffee-
Beoyotch

coffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
I'd hate for you to give all the credit to ToF. I'm afraid most of the friendly attacks on NoS were by me. I almost went out of my way to attack you.
coffee- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2005, 18:09   #62
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffee-
I'd hate for you to give all the credit to ToF. I'm afraid most of the friendly attacks on NoS were by me. I almost went out of my way to attack you.
You attacked us quite a lot yes, but far from being the only one.
Unread 6 Aug 2005, 05:21   #63
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
When Vision and Vengence were allied in, err R12 i think it was, fully 1/3 of all incomings that i delt with (and as the only aussie DC that was most of the calls ) were from VGN planets who didnt check their arby.

So, i think VGN might have beaten you to the n00b award there .

As for a couple of other sayings, many a time a Visionary has said 'omg i just lost all my fleet in def', and eventually a saying came about that was along the lines of "this def call is Sovered" - meaning, Sov has just looked at the galaxy status line, guessed what was inbound, sent some ships without scanning or calcing and just set it to covered .

though, 'Doing a Soveh' is choosing the wrong side of a block war for 7 rounds in a row (i actually managed to choose the loosing side of a block war in every round ther e was a block! i mean Keg's luck was bad, but surely this was worse? ).

heh

btw, Benneh's Cat suicide last round was bloody brilliant. <3 you mate
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2005, 08:37   #64
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by demiGOD
"Getting Gate'd" - getting 30 hostile incomings, all landing at the same tick, every night
I know you won't believe it, demi, but this round, so far, I've had less incs than there have been nights out of protection \o/
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2005, 09:11   #65
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar
You see? Now _thats_ funny
only reason why the thread is open tbh
Unread 6 Aug 2005, 10:19   #66
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
When Vision and Vengence were allied in, err R12 i think it was, fully 1/3 of all incomings that i delt with (and as the only aussie DC that was most of the calls ) were from VGN planets who didnt check their arby.

So, i think VGN might have beaten you to the n00b award there .
Round 12 Vengeance. Oh happy days.
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 20:29   #67
Buddah
Knight of Ni!

Buddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
"Ask yourself what Benneh would do." - means you should land your attack even if it results in losing your fleet for close to no roids
he learned from the best ^^
Buddah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2005, 02:12   #68
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future

Leggie is the king of shit defcalls, so that soveh saying probably applies to him aswell ^^
Unread 9 Aug 2005, 06:12   #69
Orion Treet
Forever Noob

Orion Treet has a spectacular aura aboutOrion Treet has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidly
Why didn't we think up the oven bit to begin with anyways?

And slightly more on topic:

Pulling an Angryduck: initiating 27 roids with his havoc cash.
That was brilliant yeah There were a few other ND'ers who did some stupid things with havoc cash but cant remember, someone help me out
<Zhil> I am HC
<Zhil> I gave myself permission
<[MO]Forest> i meant a proper hc, not a hc who would suicide into his MO's fleet

Played r4-9.5 r12-14 Now retired.
Proud to have been Cosmic Frostbite (r12 - 22:5 - #1 gal)
Forever [4D] - LCH, ND, Absolute, TFD, DLR
Might and greed will never outweigh honor and loyalty!
Orion Treet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2005, 06:17   #70
Orion Treet
Forever Noob

Orion Treet has a spectacular aura aboutOrion Treet has a spectacular aura about

Pulling a Storebo:

BC'ing for one of the largest allies, tell your alliance it's safe to land an elaborate attack (after an extensive calc) and suicide.
<Zhil> I am HC
<[MO]Forest> i meant a proper hc, not a hc who would suicide into his MO's fleet

Last edited by Orion Treet; 10 Aug 2005 at 16:19.
Unread 9 Aug 2005, 06:35   #71
Fyodor
Behe

Fyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant future

My all time favorite saying from PA is:

pm me defense shippies pls!! Get as reward a lollypop!
Unread 9 Aug 2005, 07:30   #72
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyodor

:s similar in ND actually... We promised Marinho's lollypop a few times.

Dunno why we rarely get ships pm'd
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2005, 10:12   #73
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyodor

I'm working on gathering intel to proof Irvine has a hidden lollypop factory where he enslaves children.

btw Irvine, you still owe me over 100 lollypops just for last round

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2005, 18:25   #74
Orion Treet
Forever Noob

Pulling a 1up

Winning against overwelming odds (1up r12 winning with 2/3rd allowed members)
<Zhil> I am HC

Unread 10 Aug 2005, 11:39   #75
themast
Punk

themast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these parts

doing an the_fish def call

Cover it ingal
Rd6&7 4D (20:8:6) & (20:2:10) Rd14 ND (2:5:4)
Rd8 Did not play Rd15 Did not play
Rd9 4D/SWaRM (13:4:10) Rd16 ND (14:1:6)
Rd9.5 SWaRM (42:7:4) Rd17 ND (13:10:8)
Rd10 SWaRM (21:4:7) Rd18 ND (13:6:8)
Rd10.5 SWaRM (5:5:10) Rd19 ND - HC (1:9:3)
Rd11 ND (32:2:10) Rd36 ND 7:9:7
Rd12 ND (30:10:1)
themast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Aug 2005, 00:53   #76
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold

doing a beste...

Stepping down from HC spot and just disappear for several months
thats what besteman did

Proud to be Newdawn
SteInMetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Aug 2005, 07:23   #77
OlaTa
Friends and Foes

OlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to behold

doing an Keizari

Quote:
Originally Posted by hook
You know you've been attacked by Keizari, when your hostile ships turn friendly half-way through the trip. It appears the leader came back from a long deserved holiday and figured they needed a change.

think the quote explains it
Unread 11 Aug 2005, 08:35   #78
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

"pulling a bird" its what the non 24 hour playing ppl do.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Aug 2005, 10:55   #79
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Not you then
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Aug 2005, 11:15   #80
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
Not you then
Nah i am ok i got Nutkins

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Aug 2005, 22:18   #81
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Dont know if this has been said yet but: Do a WP.

Means taking on a battlegroup, who then leaves you due to that your alliance is to inactive.
Hydra round 13
Subh round 14

Anyone want to bet who's their BG in round 15?
Unread 22 Oct 2005, 23:49   #82
Orion Treet
Forever Noob

Hmm, didn't know what else to call it so I'll just name it after myself

Doing an Orion:

Convincing your parent on a 12 hour ride back from Canada to pick up a meal to eat when we arive home instead of a relaxing dinner in a restraunt to be home just in time to start next construction without loosing any ticks during first 72 ticks, speeding, just for there to be a roleback 5 hours later making the entire endevour pointless
<Zhil> I am HC

Unread 23 Oct 2005, 01:21   #83
Nadar
I see you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
Anyone want to bet who's their BG in round 15?
TGV
Unread 23 Oct 2005, 10:31   #84
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

"Being a Kingmaker"

Winning the round while claiming to support another alliance to victory.
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Oct 2005, 19:49   #85
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitinA
"Being a Kingmaker"

Winning the round while claiming to support another alliance to victory.
That one wasn't very good. 1up did not expect to win R12 - we were just as shocked to win it as the rest of the game.

Do try again rather than attempting to conspircise everything - "being the kingmaker" was not a masterplot to win the round.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Oct 2005, 20:08   #86
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

oh but, Zhil - he never mentioned 1up... ^^

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Oct 2005, 22:13   #87
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Arfy
oh but, Zhil - he never mentioned 1up... ^^
And? You would have to be braindead to not see it.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Unread 23 Oct 2005, 22:22   #88
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
'Pulling a Barrow' would be where you send pods in defence of an ally mate. Not as many pods as you have useful defence ships in order to fake-def or anything, just your pods...

naaaa. pulling a Barrow is launching a defense fleet at your target :P

also.. pulling an F-Crew = prelaunching +6 with a fleet inadquate to cap any roids
Unread 23 Oct 2005, 22:26   #89
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

"pulling fish's sister"

calling Fish at 2 am from USA to wake him up so he can send def ships, and getting his sister on the other end saying "WHO THE HELL IS THIS"
Unread 23 Oct 2005, 22:40   #90
Uthor
Peon

Uthor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
As for a couple of other sayings, many a time a Visionary has said 'omg i just lost all my fleet in def', and eventually a saying came about that was along the lines of "this def call is Sovered" - meaning, Sov has just looked at the galaxy status line, guessed what was inbound, sent some ships without scanning or calcing and just set it to covered .
Yea Thx for this trick Sov, I used it a lots too
Unread 23 Oct 2005, 22:52   #91
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNgRyDuCk
"pulling fish's sister"

calling Fish at 2 am from USA to wake him up so he can send def ships, and getting his sister on the other end saying "WHO THE HELL IS THIS"
You rang my old number you bastard
Unread 24 Oct 2005, 02:07   #92
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
That one wasn't very good. 1up did not expect to win R12 - we were just as shocked to win it as the rest of the game.

Do try again rather than attempting to conspircise everything - "being the kingmaker" was not a masterplot to win the round.
Jeez, anytime anything related to 1up is posted on the forums, it automatically qualifies for a response from the 1up propaganda engine. Don't say you were suprised to win that round, because that's bull. You may not have expected it in the beggining of the round, but later on in the round it became very ovbious that you would win. By the time the end of the round ceremony came around, one would be a fool to think that 1up were not going to win by some last minute miracle.

By the way, I thought it was rather halarious. You guys don't mind things like "Pulling a Forest/Zhil" but you do mind when we talk about "pulling a 1up r12," or "Being a kingmaker." In any case, I would think that you guys would at least think it slightly funny or ironic, at the very least, that you guys won the round you didn't expect to, and would therefore embrace such a Funny PA Saying.

-NitinA
[Ascendancy] Member
Retired Since Round 21
Unread 24 Oct 2005, 03:54   #93
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

Quote:
Jeez, anytime anything related to 1up is posted on the forums, it automatically qualifies for a response from the 1up propaganda engine. Don't say you were suprised to win that round, because that's bull. You may not have expected it in the beggining of the round, but later on in the round it became very ovbious that you would win. By the time the end of the round ceremony came around, one would be a fool to think that 1up were not going to win by some last minute miracle.

By the way, I thought it was rather halarious. You guys don't mind things like "Pulling a Forest/Zhil" but you do mind when we talk about "pulling a 1up r12," or "Being a kingmaker." In any case, I would think that you guys would at least think it slightly funny or ironic, at the very least, that you guys won the round you didn't expect to, and would therefore embrace such a Funny PA Saying.

-NitinA
how the hell would you know 1. what 1up command expected, or what suprised them (considering you have no idea what their pre round expectations were and that was in fact what he was referring to) you can only speculate and assume, and to do either without enough information to make an intelligent accessment (meaning you'd have to have been 1up command to possess such knowledge.. reading pre round AD posts certainly does not qualify you as an expert) is completely rediculous. And 2. what they expected throughout the course of the round, as again, you were not in the 1up scope of internal information....

This thread is meant for a bit of comic relief, allowing all of us to laugh at the lighter side of this game..... It seems like you have your own little propaganda machine working overtime as anytime someone in the 1up ranks has anything to say your one of the first one's here posting to deny or argue any posts they make....

keep on topic, this isn't the thread to stand high on your soapbox

by the way, by the time the end of round ceremony came around... ticks had stopped, the round was over... obviously everyone knew who would win...

Last edited by aNgRyDuCk; 24 Oct 2005 at 04:04.
aNgRyDuCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 2005, 09:00   #94
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This thread is meant for a bit of comic relief, allowing all of us to laugh at the lighter side of this game..... It seems like you have your own little propaganda machine working overtime as anytime someone in the 1up ranks has anything to say your one of the first one's here posting to deny or argue any posts they make....

keep on topic, this isn't the thread to stand high on your soapbox

by the way, by the time the end of round ceremony came around... ticks had stopped, the round was over... obviously everyone knew who would win...
And it's rather obvious that you missed the point of this thread, to have some comic relief ... because THAT's what his post was all about(atleast to me), yet you and zhil somehow saw great harm in it rather then the comedy value ...

You joke and "degrade" other alliances or their performances all the time in other threads, I think most of us sometimes do that. You take some, you give some. That's how it generally goes in the great world of PR.
In this thread you take and give some with a smile (I'm sure you could find 100 sayings about FAnG which I'd probably flame you for) ... but it seems you were unable to take that one with a smile, which is a real pity

FA Gaming community

Unread 24 Oct 2005, 09:33   #95
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

Quote:
how the hell would you know 1. what 1up command expected, or what suprised them (considering you have no idea what their pre round expectations were and that was in fact what he was referring to) you can only speculate and assume, and to do either without enough information to make an intelligent accessment (meaning you'd have to have been 1up command to possess such knowledge.. reading pre round AD posts certainly does not qualify you as an expert) is completely rediculous. And 2. what they expected throughout the course of the round, as again, you were not in the 1up scope of internal information....
First off, the goals of 1up were made public before round 12 with the "Kingmaker" post on AD stating what 1up expected that round. During round 12 I was Wolfpack HC. If you recall correctly, WP had a NAP with 1up during that round. I also had all the intel avaliable that one as a HC would have in an alliance. That's what I made my assements on--all the information avaliable to me. I say I made an "intelligent accessment" as to the situation from my end.

Quote:
This thread is meant for a bit of comic relief, allowing all of us to laugh at the lighter side of this game.....
And I, for one, am laughing about the joke i made.

Quote:
It seems like you have your own little propaganda machine working overtime as anytime someone in the 1up ranks has anything to say your one of the first one's here posting to deny or argue any posts they make....
Am I? You must do a post search history of me, and see for yourself that you are mistaken. I don't "jump on 1up" like you claim I do. I have a *lot* of friends who are members of 1up, and have respect for them. Played with many in my galaxies over rounds, and at least 2 of my best PA mates are 1up. I honestly have nothing against 1up, but get pretty bored when a 1up member responds to everything posted about their alliance with a backlash. You guys don't even let me make a simple joke which I, and others, may think funny without criticizing the content of the joke's situation and defending it when I'm the one trying to have fun with the whole thing.

Quote:
Ovbiously, just like I said.

Anyway, back on topic. I think another one should be "Having PR like 1up" which should mean a whole crew to respond to any message posted on AD. Take it as a compliment you 1up'ers. No insult was intended, just some fun And responding to this is proof of self-fullfilling the PR like 1up rule.

-NitinA
[Ascendancy] Member
Retired Since Round 21
Unread 24 Oct 2005, 10:08   #96
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
naaaa. pulling a Barrow is launching a defense fleet at your target :P
I did that last round
Unread 24 Oct 2005, 10:22   #97
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
I did that last round
Or sending an attackfleet without pods (on a galraid with the intention to roid), basicly ruining the entire idea of attacking or the goal of this game ... Though I'm not the first nor the last that will make this mistake

FA Gaming community

Unread 24 Oct 2005, 11:32   #98
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
First off, the goals of 1up were made public before round 12 with the "Kingmaker" post on AD stating what 1up expected that round. During round 12 I was Wolfpack HC. If you recall correctly, WP had a NAP with 1up during that round. I also had all the intel avaliable that one as a HC would have in an alliance. That's what I made my assements on--all the information avaliable to me. I say I made an "intelligent accessment" as to the situation from my end.

And I, for one, am laughing about the joke i made.

Am I? You must do a post search history of me, and see for yourself that you are mistaken. I don't "jump on 1up" like you claim I do. I have a *lot* of friends who are members of 1up, and have respect for them. Played with many in my galaxies over rounds, and at least 2 of my best PA mates are 1up. I honestly have nothing against 1up, but get pretty bored when a 1up member responds to everything posted about their alliance with a backlash. You guys don't even let me make a simple joke which I, and others, may think funny without criticizing the content of the joke's situation and defending it when I'm the one trying to have fun with the whole thing.

Ovbiously, just like I said.

Anyway, back on topic. I think another one should be "Having PR like 1up" which should mean a whole crew to respond to any message posted on AD. Take it as a compliment you 1up'ers. No insult was intended, just some fun And responding to this is proof of self-fullfilling the PR like 1up rule.

-NitinA
My apologies in misunderstanding the intent behind your comment.

1up winning r12 was rather ironic due to the fact we never expected it to happen. The sight of #1 didn't appear till late in the round so the fact we won without originally aiming for it is indeed quite amusing.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 25 Oct 2005, 22:31   #99
NaoS
bored....

NaoS is on a distinguished road

doing a [REVOLT]

to try and unite the universe against the no.1 alliance generally involving a mass launch on the no.1 planet at a well advertised time.
NaoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Oct 2005, 00:03   #100
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
"Ask yourself what Benneh would do." - means you should land your attack even if it results in losing your fleet for close to no roids
Aye, He is good for a second opinion...if benneh wouldn't land it then no one else would
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote