User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 25 Aug 2005, 13:00   #51
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
You know you're a FF geek when ...

Every time someone mentions reunion you think of Sephiroth and Jenova in FF7
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 13:01   #52
Agerus

Agerus can only hope to improve
Re: Hydra & Reunion Merge - An Official Response

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem!
does seem fair, but doubt it reunion will do it :xmas:
fair enough. That 's a proper solution imo.
Agerus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 13:37   #53
Virall
The Scareh Clown

Virall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to behold

Tbh, I feel sorry for reunion. If this happened with an alliance I was in, id be disappointed that attention surrounded a possible 'illegal' win. Good luck to them; the people that have said what's done is done are firmly right. Yes we know it was a mistake, mistakes happen.

How about laying off 1up to ensure an integral win this round?
Virall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 14:09   #54
Tyler

Well, I see PA team hasn't changed much.
I don't feel sorry for Reunion. I'm happy for them. They played it smart and are continuing to do so as you can see in the ranks.
Quite an interesting round.
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 14:31   #55
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Not really that bad of thing to let reunion merge. I can grasp the no communication bit. But i fail to see why people are surprised. PA Team fuxoring the round is about as common as prostitutes in Amsterdam.
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 14:41   #56
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Ah well nevermind this round is just a farce tbh.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 14:47   #57
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
Not really that bad of thing to let reunion merge. I can grasp the no communication bit. But i fail to see why people are surprised. PA Team fuxoring the round is about as common as prostitutes in Amsterdam.
You reckon they'd charge the same for 1 hour?

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 14:48   #58
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah02
Ah well nevermind this round is just a farce tbh.
Purely out of interest, why is that? Looking at the fluid politics so far, this round seems more exciting then previous rounds (not that I'd know cause I log in once every 2-3 days when irvine sends me some sms's for defence ).

FA Gaming community

Unread 25 Aug 2005, 14:53   #59
Chika

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

People keep saying "this round is a joke", "This is a summer round". There are about the same amout of paid planets as last round. hehe. This round has way more active alliance politics. more so than any PAX round I would go as far to say. Merges, enemies turned allies. Par alliances turning uber overnight. BG's leaving allies to join other allies. New alliances in top 10, F-Crew in top 10. This is about as good a round as one could ask for. The people saying "This is just a summer round" are the main people getting owned.
HAR
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 15:26   #60
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
Purely out of interest, why is that? Looking at the fluid politics so far, this round seems more exciting then previous rounds (not that I'd know cause I log in once every 2-3 days when irvine sends me some sms's for defence ).
Because the start of the round looked interesting with lots of new small promising comebacks and new alliances and most of them after a few weeks are gone already or binned there main objective of just having a good round with well known freinds and actually getting MEMBERS to agree with recruiting ppl etc...

SiNND everyone complained about said it was stupid crazy cheating and now everyone is doing it so like I said its turning into a farce.
PA make a mistake and say ah well Nevermind cant change it *shrug*.

Unread 25 Aug 2005, 16:23   #61
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Because the start of the round looked interesting with lots of new small promising comebacks and new alliances and most of them after a few weeks are gone already or binned there main objective of just having a good round with well known freinds and actually getting MEMBERS to agree with recruiting ppl etc...

SiNND everyone complained about said it was stupid crazy cheating and now everyone is doing it so like I said its turning into a farce.
PA make a mistake and say ah well Nevermind cant change it *shrug*.
Sure, if you talk about the actions of PA Team then I agree it's turning into a farce, but purely looking at political evolution thoughout this round ... alliance disbanding, created, merged, allied and napped ... It's asif the entire political situation can switch every tick ... if you talk about that I disagree that this round is a farce

Then again, that's your opinion so fair enough.

FA Gaming community

Unread 25 Aug 2005, 16:27   #62
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
People keep saying "this round is a joke", "This is a summer round". There are about the same amout of paid planets as last round. hehe. This round has way more active alliance politics. more so than any PAX round I would go as far to say. Merges, enemies turned allies. Par alliances turning uber overnight. BG's leaving allies to join other allies. New alliances in top 10, F-Crew in top 10. This is about as good a round as one could ask for. The people saying "This is just a summer round" are the main people getting owned.
HAR
I don't know about other alliances but I know atleast a third of the Angels last round are NOT playing this round. With not I mean not having a planet, I'm not even talking about the pple that logged in once a month (Hi Foxman) etc

But I agree, saying "it's only a summer round" is quite lame, just like calling a .5 round not a "real" round.

FA Gaming community

Unread 25 Aug 2005, 17:26   #63
Clogg
SiNķng is a lifestyle

Clogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem!
Reunion, home of the bg's?

That used to be Hydra
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 17:59   #64
Marinho
[ND]

Marinho is on a distinguished road

2 Reunion 66962 96 1,845,331 177,151,851

wow watch out 1up, the cavalery has arrived to take #1 spot and shows how shit this merger really was
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 18:11   #65
DeLoS
Milan-fan

DeLoS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
But I agree, saying "it's only a summer round" is quite lame, just like calling a .5 round not a "real" round.
Agreed :P

(no negreps ta :P)

Titans, 1up
Former Ascendant
DeLoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 18:24   #66
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

tbh if both alliances are sorry for the 'illegal merge' which it obviously is i do NOT believe they didn't have records themself of who is and was reunion originally.... how hard can it be to put all the other people who joined (through the merge) in an allianceless state.

Legator doesn't think it would create much of a difference and he's HC of reunion as far as i know so why not "secure" your win if you get it as you're obviously going for it seeing as you are #2 now because of the merge. IF you win now you'll be laughed at... if you let all those single hydra planets go allianceless for 72 hours you would actually gain respect. I doubt you can honestly say you don't know who joined and who was already in... pa team might not know... those 2 alliances damn well do tho.

would be a simple solution and make it fair for everyone really or am i mistaken?
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 18:50   #67
Lunar_Lamp
Server Manager

Lunar_Lamp is a glorious beacon of lightLunar_Lamp is a glorious beacon of lightLunar_Lamp is a glorious beacon of lightLunar_Lamp is a glorious beacon of lightLunar_Lamp is a glorious beacon of lightLunar_Lamp is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by kloopy
...we are confident that they will not make the number 1 position.
<Kloopy> It's a little like Bill Gates saying computers will never need more than 64kb of RAM, isn't it. :/

On a serious note - issues arising from this are being discussed. We acknowledge having made a mistake, and sincerely apologise and I am personally mortified about my role in the debacle. We are currently discussing a wide variety of issues arising from this whole incident, in an effort to improve for the future. Again, please accept my personal heartfelt apologies.
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 19:07   #68
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

how about correcting the past, at least in this instance...it's like "well Mrs smith, we're sorry your daughter got killed, we'll try and make drunk driving laws more of a deterrant in the future" how about correcting the current mistake while your at it
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 19:52   #69
noah02
The Original Terran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloopy
The new Reunion alliance is currently placed 4th in the alliance rankings. About 4 weeks until the end of round we are confident that they will not make the number 1 position. The new Reunion currently only have one planet in the top 30 planet ranks and we are again confident that this merge will not adversely affect the final planet rankings.

1 1up 91 Members 182,104,742
2 Reunion 97 Members 180,378,334

no honestly there is nothing wrong with it......

Unread 25 Aug 2005, 20:52   #70
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
1 1up 91 Members 182,104,742
2 Reunion 97 Members 180,378,334

no honestly there is nothing wrong with it......
again, we would have been there without the merge....maybe with 5 mio less (in a very worste case scenario) - not now but in like 48 hours.

i wonder that this gets so overrated here.if we are now 2nd or in 72 hours (or 48 by now). it wouldnt make a big differense - by 5 mio maybe....
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 21:49   #71
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

it makes a difference because those planets would have likely been roided during that 72 hour period, don't sit here and act like you aren't already aware of the benefits to instant merging.. only 10 Mil points seperate 1 2 and 3, so 5 mil IS a big difference
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 22:00   #72
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNgRyDuCk
it makes a difference because those planets would have likely been roided during that 72 hour period, don't sit here and act like you aren't already aware of the benefits to instant merging.. only 10 Mil points seperate 1 2 and 3, so 5 mil IS a big difference

i think you can read in every of my posts that i know about the benefits......all i say is that the roids they would have lost werent that much to stop us from being where we are now.

and yes 5 mio is a big differense maybe but by far not that big as you people do it here.

VfL Bochum >*
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 22:43   #73
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legator
i think you can read in every of my posts that i know about the benefits......all i say is that the roids they would have lost werent that much to stop us from being where we are now.

and yes 5 mio is a big differense maybe but by far not that big as you people do it here.
Not a stop, no. But a slowing down which would have definately been better. Since you asked PA Team to look into unmerging - why not simply kick the Hydra guys and take them back in 3 days later? Guess nobody would complain about anything any longer.
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 22:53   #74
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

Quote:
tbh Remy, please think about it. Do you really think the 72 hours wait would have had a big impact on this ? If you are a "clever" play you know how to save your fleet, it would have been maybe a few roids which would were missing but it wouldnt have done that much of harm.

Btw we tried to undo the merge, but it was technically not possible it seems. And wtf are you thinking, its still like 3 to 4 weeks to go into this round...alot can happen - do you give up that quickly ???

Please think about, as wrong as it was - no doubts in that now, it were 72 hours where you still can defend bs/cr and fr/de incs (to a certain extend) and where, as said above, people can run their fleets if needed. Of course is skipping the 72 hours an advantage but you overrate it by far.
You really dont have a clue what im talking about: im talking about the 2 week period stated in the rules. That rule was broken. Therefor the game is broken. Which leads to my original reply.

And partial rollback/unmerge is possible if you got a clue and some history, OR if reunion had been as good as to provide the old reunion list, making the rest the other merger party, or vice versa.

Its simple, the rules were broken, the game is now tainted.
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC

Last edited by Remy; 25 Aug 2005 at 23:09.
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 23:01   #75
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
They do store history, of each tick iirc, but this is as a mysql dump and restoring it would mean a rollback for the whole universe
im an (my)sql expert. If they store each tick, they can EASILY reset any part of a dump.But PA team isnt gonna do anything about it, we all know that. So we can all go on being royally pissed, which wont help either.

PA Team, you made Reunion tainted. YOUR fault, not theirs.
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC

Last edited by Remy; 25 Aug 2005 at 23:07.
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 23:06   #76
Ali
Subh HC

Ali is a jewel in the roughAli is a jewel in the roughAli is a jewel in the rough

Noone can say what would have hapenned if things happened differently. Though if Hydra were to remain at a certain number of planets to wait for it they would have still been tagged and able to defend eachother via that. Also with the attention this has received and some of the time that is saved when you do things fast before people all unanimously know which alliance someone is going to.. all of the Hydra players would have other planets watching for them to be booted just to take advantage of them with their eta 7 fi/co.
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 23:09   #77
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy
im an (my)sql expert. If they store each tick, they can EASILY reset any part of a dump.But PA team isnt gonna do anything about it, we all know that. So we can all go on being royally pissed, which wont help either.

PA Team, you made Reunion tainted. YOUR fault, not theirs.
Im just repeating what i got told when i queried about a partial db restore about something or other a few rounds back
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 23:17   #78
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

so, is the PA crew going to correct this, or aren't they? doesn't get any more simple than that does it?
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 23:24   #79
Phil^
Insomniac

they arent, as detailed in the post by kloopy
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 23:38   #80
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

If you wanted to undo the merger you could just kick the members who got merged and the pa team could manually re add those members back in Hydra the same tick they got kicked if they wanted that.

When they could do it for the fang members who got kicked in pax and the phraktos members who got kicked before the merger with Mistu in r11, I’m sure they could do it for you too.
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 23:49   #81
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

I've never been one to rag the PA crew as I realize it basically sucks being them... this however is completely rediculous

to have a problem, an obvious mistake by those involved, and the means to correct it, then to refuse to do so...completely unnacceptable
Unread 26 Aug 2005, 00:24   #82
jupp
Hi there ...

jupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher
tbh if both alliances are sorry for the 'illegal merge' which it obviously is i do NOT believe they didn't have records themself of who is and was reunion originally.... how hard can it be to put all the other people who joined (through the merge) in an allianceless state.

Legator doesn't think it would create much of a difference and he's HC of reunion as far as i know so why not "secure" your win if you get it as you're obviously going for it seeing as you are #2 now because of the merge. IF you win now you'll be laughed at... if you let all those single hydra planets go allianceless for 72 hours you would actually gain respect. I doubt you can honestly say you don't know who joined and who was already in... pa team might not know... those 2 alliances damn well do tho.

would be a simple solution and make it fair for everyone really or am i mistaken?
do you want to say that we hold information back and "BLOCKED" the unmerging because we did not give out any info ? ofc not true ...
even if we didnt give out that info pa.team has still the alliance history on every planet - it would just take longer - not make it impossible.

[Ascendancy] - While you were trying, we were sleeping

jupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2005, 01:14   #83
Virall
The Scareh Clown

Virall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloopy
The new Reunion alliance is currently placed 4th in the alliance rankings. About 4 weeks until the end of round we are confident that they will not make the number 1 position. The new Reunion currently only have one planet in the top 30 planet ranks and we are again confident that this merge will not adversely affect the final planet rankings.
Alliances - Top 30
Rank Change Name Asteroids Members AVG Score Score
1 1up 77082 91 2,021,394 183,946,911
2 Reunion 68101 97 1,874,493 181,825,915
3 LCH 73574 92 1,873,859 172,395,032
Virall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2005, 01:24   #84
mens
Sheep

mens is an unknown quantity at this point

I gave up on Pa Team years ago tbh.
mens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2005, 01:39   #85
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

it's amazing how they manage to screw things up every round

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2005, 01:54   #86
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

The fun part is how they put cotton in their ears and puts on shades to avoid to either listen to common sense, or actually try to comment again on this own thread. But seeing as their logic reasoning fell apart totally, I can only guess that they are to ashamed of themselves to show themself here.
Unread 26 Aug 2005, 02:04   #87
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

So basicly what pa-team is trying to say is that it's ok to cheat/break the rules aslong as you know somebody in pa-team who'll say it's ok.
Why not let people multi whille we're at it, or scrap the silly question when you log in so we can go back to the days of bots.
Killmark anyone?

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2005, 04:35   #88
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupp
do you want to say that we hold information back and "BLOCKED" the unmerging because we did not give out any info ? ofc not true ...
even if we didnt give out that info pa.team has still the alliance history on every planet - it would just take longer - not make it impossible.
PA-Team were obviously oblivious to that batch of Insomnia recruits you had in the background otherwise Kloopy would never have said you were ranked 4th and there was little chance of you reaching #1.

Then again, they've never really shown themselves as in-touch with the community anyway.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2005, 05:33   #89
Chika

I really can't see a problem with the merge, or the recruitment. Your allowed to have 100 members. I thought it was all simple.
Unread 26 Aug 2005, 06:16   #90
Troll
DLR HC

Troll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to behold

1 Reunion 69862 100 1,862,319 186,231,976
2 1up 77082 91 2,032,745 184,979,799

Now since they should have 10k less roids Maybe ND 1up and LCH should all hit them for 1 day to make it all even again? yes? no? Maybe so? Community fix to the Pateams error?

Oh well

Let the games begin
Troll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2005, 06:27   #91
Orion Treet
Forever Noob

Orion Treet has a spectacular aura aboutOrion Treet has a spectacular aura about

Thank you PA team for dramaticly shifting the balance in the universe once more Should be interesting.
<Zhil> I am HC
<Zhil> I gave myself permission
<[MO]Forest> i meant a proper hc, not a hc who would suicide into his MO's fleet

Played r4-9.5 r12-14 Now retired.
Proud to have been Cosmic Frostbite (r12 - 22:5 - #1 gal)
Forever [4D] - LCH, ND, Absolute, TFD, DLR
Might and greed will never outweigh honor and loyalty!
Orion Treet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2005, 07:33   #92
derry

derry will become famous soon enoughderry will become famous soon enough

Alliances - Top 30
Rank Change Name Asteroids Members AVG Score Score
1 Reunion 69862 100 1,862,624 186,262,400
2 1up 77082 91 2,034,528 185,142,074
3 LCH 73746 92 1,884,810 173,402,537

reunion for nr1

[edit] used ingame instead of sandmans stats [/edit]
[18:45] <Helix> if two wrongs dont make a right its twice as wrong to do something wrong to right it

[00:22] <Doom> Where as in most cases it appears multing is an individual thing, LDK organises it and uses it. Making it an effective unit with a small number of players. It makes sense just not part of the rules. They just organised cheating =-)
derry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2005, 08:45   #93
Legator
Pr0nstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless
Not a stop, no. But a slowing down which would have definately been better. Since you asked PA Team to look into unmerging - why not simply kick the Hydra guys and take them back in 3 days later? Guess nobody would complain about anything any longer.

tbh, thought about this, but after all the publicity they surely would have no chance at all than if they would have quit in a "normal" way.

VfL Bochum >*

Last edited by Legator; 26 Aug 2005 at 09:00.
Unread 26 Aug 2005, 09:16   #94
Heartless

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
tbh, thought about this, but after all the publicity they surely would have no chance at all than if they would have quit in a "normal" way.
If you rather sacrifice your alliance as a whole, fair game. I doubt Reunion are well-liked or liked these days.
I also doubt original Reunion members will like the additional incoming they may get now - at least many of them seem to be unhappy with your new aims for wanting to be #1 alliance at any cost.
Unread 26 Aug 2005, 09:28   #95
ChipZ^
Registered AbUser

ChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond repute

The only differnce to what has happened and if hydra had to wait the 72 ticks before joining is a loss off 10k or so roids, Reunion would still have been very close to #1 spot in score after the said 72 ticks of not #1.
ChipZ^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2005, 09:32   #96
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipZ^
The only differnce to what has happened and if hydra had to wait the 72 ticks before joining is a loss off 10k or so roids, Reunion would still have been very close to #1 spot in score after the said 72 ticks of not #1.
The value and resources gained for 10k roids is a bunch plus all the XP gained from capping from unallied players. These aren't the kind of score boosts one can just "brush off" and pretend like they don't matter. In a round like this a few mil score can make all the difference.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2005, 09:35   #97
derry

derry will become famous soon enoughderry will become famous soon enough

Quote:

180.000.000 mil resources counting for 72 ticks(without fin centers and priorities), i woulnd't mind having those \o/
[18:45] <Helix> if two wrongs dont make a right its twice as wrong to do something wrong to right it

[00:22] <Doom> Where as in most cases it appears multing is an individual thing, LDK organises it and uses it. Making it an effective unit with a small number of players. It makes sense just not part of the rules. They just organised cheating =-)
derry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2005, 09:37   #98
Heartless

Quote:
Yes, but as pointed out before: 10000 roids are 2500000 resources extra they get every tick now, allowing them to grow 25k more value per tick which again leads to 600000 extra fleetvalue per day (those 600k value are roughly equal to the value of an average planet in the current universe).

With those 10000 roids distributed among the rows of the other alliance there would be the slowing down of Reunions growth, which would after the merger mess be more than just fair. They gained a lot of additional firepower by this merge, so why should they be allowed this extra growth as well?

But as I said: Now it is up to Reunion's High Command.
Unread 26 Aug 2005, 09:41   #99
Legator
Pr0nstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless
If you rather sacrifice your alliance as a whole, fair game. I doubt Reunion are well-liked or liked these days.
I also doubt original Reunion members will like the additional incoming they may get now - at least many of them seem to be unhappy with your new aims for wanting to be #1 alliance at any cost.
im surprised by your poor attemps heartless, i think you dont know much at all about our core members or about our structure.

VfL Bochum >*
Unread 26 Aug 2005, 09:44   #100
Uthor
Peon

Uthor is on a distinguished road

Hmmm seems someone been watching to much Donald Trump shows the Apprentice, if you can't beat your competition BUY them !!! With all these mergers going on seems someone been takeing notes..