User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 5 Jul 2004, 05:29   #1
Frisky

Frisky is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a question.

Making no suggestions, insinuations, or conclusions of any kind...

Why do LCH planets seem to be listed as 'FRIENDLY' in the Vision arbiter?
Frisky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jul 2004, 05:46   #2
AzureWrath
Evil has returned

AzureWrath is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: I have a question.

and how did you get that particular piece of info?

are all LCH planets listed as friendly? etc..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher
LCH is too far away, now they are the same roid amout as 1up
AzureWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jul 2004, 06:10   #3
alch
Retired

alch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud of

oh my..
Unread 5 Jul 2004, 06:27   #4
Helix

Helix will become famous soon enoughHelix will become famous soon enough

hopefully once LCH passes 1up, vsn will break whatever deal, IF ANY, they have with LCH and turn on the new #1. Since everyone on these forums has been whining that we need to hit the #1 alliance, I hope that they do so to LCH, since they have sufficiently stopped 1up now.
Helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jul 2004, 06:35   #5
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helix
hopefully once LCH passes 1up, vsn will break whatever deal, IF ANY, they have with LCH and turn on the new #1. Since everyone on these forums has been whining that we need to hit the #1 alliance, I hope that they do so to LCH, since they have sufficiently stopped 1up now.
Well, LCH haven't quite got that far yet - we're still fighting hard. The combined incomings from several alliances are starting to take their toll though, and LCH are making strong gains. Without wishing to prejduge any conclusions about blocks, I would hope that anyone currently assisting LCH would cease to do so once LCH became #1 - for the simple reason that the true number one alliance shouldn't need allies.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jul 2004, 09:11   #6
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helix
I don't see what's so wrong with trying to take down the #1 alliance. Isn't that the goal of this game, for the alliances ranked below you to take out the ones above them?

But yes, I've seen most alliances whine about it on AD, but that's just a bonus

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jul 2004, 09:29   #7
AndroX
xXx

AndroX is a name known to allAndroX is a name known to allAndroX is a name known to allAndroX is a name known to allAndroX is a name known to allAndroX is a name known to all
Post Re: I have a question.

I can easaly answer that as Im doing intel anyways.

But as many of you know, we were allied with LCH last round.

So for your info, our settings on them (neutral/hostile/allied) arent set otherwise yet.

Anyways, think what u want. Just thought to explain it to you.
Unread 5 Jul 2004, 10:15   #8
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

Err.. so you were allied with them last round, never ended that alliance, and are thus still allied to them this round?
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
Unread 5 Jul 2004, 10:15   #9
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

nice cover up

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jul 2004, 10:18   #10
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Lord_Thunderball is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeRob
Err.. so you were allied with them last round, never ended that alliance, and are thus still allied to them this round?
Read again. A setting in a database doesn't need to be the same as the agreements made for this round. If Droxy change the setting 1up to allied, you ain't allied yet are you?
Unread 5 Jul 2004, 10:22   #11
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Thunderball
Read again. A setting in a database doesn't need to be the same as the agreements made for this round. If Droxy change the setting 1up to allied, you ain't allied yet are you?
But it would be EXTREMELY sloppy. I don't know whether the Vision BC's actually use their arbiter or not ( ), but if they do, they will avoid friendly planets since the arbiter says so. So official or not, vision won't be hitting LCH. So in short: Vision doesn't WANT to hit LCH, and they hide it behind an "old arbiter settings" arguement. Ofcourse I could be wrong and it could be a genuine mistake, but hey, this is AD, we need something to whine about
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 ¤ | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6 ¤
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though
General Martok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jul 2004, 10:24   #12
AndroX
xXx

AndroX is a name known to allAndroX is a name known to allAndroX is a name known to allAndroX is a name known to allAndroX is a name known to allAndroX is a name known to all

damn, bunch of whiners. Changed it now, happy?
Unread 5 Jul 2004, 10:27   #13
AndroX
xXx

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Martok
But it would be EXTREMELY sloppy. I don't know whether the Vision BC's actually use their arbiter or not ( ), but if they do, they will avoid friendly planets since the arbiter says so. So official or not, vision won't be hitting LCH. So in short: Vision doesn't WANT to hit LCH, and they hide it behind an "old arbiter settings" arguement. Ofcourse I could be wrong and it could be a genuine mistake, but hey, this is AD, we need something to whine about

and yes our bc's use our arbitor. And they attack all that is not blue (vsn).

So the status of alliances , being friendly, neutral, hostile or any other form we might add in the near future , does not say sh*t about how and what. Just because we decided to go stand alone and are ranked somewere rank 3 you start complaining again. Grow up plz, go do something usefull in life.
Unread 5 Jul 2004, 11:35   #14
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Lord_Thunderball is on a distinguished road

Drox, check the line under his forum name.. should say enough.. So we cleared up another rumour.. What's next! Damn I love AD!
Unread 5 Jul 2004, 12:30   #15
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

pld VsN and LCH on teaming up for the good of the game :thup:
Unread 5 Jul 2004, 13:42   #16
Pure

Pure is an unknown quantity at this point

lal, i've often been told theres a friendly in a gal i'm looking at hitting, theres LCH there? i ask, no says the officer, theres vsn, vsn are friendly?, no Pure, it says friendly in the arby but thats last rounds news, will you require some scans so you can hit this guy the officer says.
Pure is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jul 2004, 14:09   #17
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If LCH are allied with Vision, then why did they attack little old me ?

~Vaio~

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jul 2004, 15:27   #18
Cocteau
Cherry Colored Funk

Cocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroX
I can easaly answer that as Im doing intel anyways.

But as many of you know, we were allied with LCH last round.

So for your info, our settings on them (neutral/hostile/allied) arent set otherwise yet.

Anyways, think what u want. Just thought to explain it to you.
Really need you

-- My Bloody Valentine
Cocteau is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jul 2004, 16:06   #19
inSain

inSain is an unknown quantity at this point

heh, I'm a VsN BC, and tbh... I havent noticed that LCH was friendly in arbiter untill I read this thread.. only thing I (and I think most of the officers) look at, is if the target is blue (meaning its vision).

I've done attacks against LCH, and I've been attacked by LCH.. now.. what kind of NAP or ALLIANCE would that be?

think its time to close this thread
inSain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jul 2004, 16:16   #20
Pure

Pure is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by inSain
heh, I'm a VsN BC, and tbh... I havent noticed that LCH was friendly in arbiter untill I read this thread.. only thing I (and I think most of the officers) look at, is if the target is blue (meaning its vision).

I've done attacks against LCH, and I've been attacked by LCH.. now.. what kind of NAP or ALLIANCE would that be?

think its time to close this thread

well said that man
Pure is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jul 2004, 16:52   #21
Axis_WLF

Axis_WLF is an unknown quantity at this point

I really do not understand why alliances cannot team up to take down #1 alliance, isnt that a part of war?
r2 9:23:1 Axis_WLF of Kadan : Blluetuba/Legion
r3 6:24:1 Axis_WLF of kadan : Legion/WolfPack
r4 201:15:1 Octavian of Ostia : Wolfpack
r5 13:6:2 Sun Tzu of Art of War : Legion Command
r6 33:13:?? : Legion Command
r7 15:19:12 Unknown soldier run over by a wagon : Legion Command
R8: 28:8:9 Niccolo Machiavelli of Revera Legatus : TITAN COMMAND BC
R12 ??:??:?? 1up Military Officer
Axis_WLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jul 2004, 17:02   #22
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Sid wouldnt like it if that happened. It would be dishonourable or something.......

~Vaio~

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jul 2004, 17:58   #23
furssie
Spastic Drivel!

furssie can only hope to improve

Lol.
Unread 5 Jul 2004, 18:06   #24
ComradeRob
wasted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axis_WLF
I really do not understand why alliances cannot team up to take down #1 alliance, isnt that a part of war?
Quick recap of the anti-blocking argument from the last 10 rounds or so:

The problem comes not with the blocks when used for specific purposes (taking down a #1,etc.). The problem comes when that purpose is no longer valid, but the block continues anyway. Therefore most people have hoped that alliances will avoid blocking unless it is really necessary, and make provisions to end their block once it isn't needed.

In all honesty, I'm pleasantly surprised with how many alliances have succeeded in avoiding blocking. For many rounds people have been saying that having no blocks would lead to much more fluid political situations, with longer wars and a big chance for even bashed alliances to recover. Combine this with the aggressive ship stats of this round, and we actually have (omg!) a round that looks like it could be fun for more than the first 2 weeks.

So, to sum up: there's nothing wrong with cooperating against the #1, but there is something wrong with old-style blocks which last beyond their intended purpose. That was what Deus tried to prove to some extent in r6, and, though it has taken a long time, the universe is finally starting to see that we were right all along

(sorry, couldn't resist that last comment )
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 13:23   #25
CrazyConrad
DarnocYzarc

CrazyConrad is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaio
If LCH are allied with Vision, then why did they attack little old me ?

~Vaio~
And me? :/
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 13:32   #26
Filth
Filtheh

Filth is a jewel in the roughFilth is a jewel in the roughFilth is a jewel in the roughFilth is a jewel in the rough

Even vision can attack you CC your an open target to ALL
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 13:45   #27
CrazyConrad
DarnocYzarc

CrazyConrad is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filth
Even vision can attack you CC your an open target to ALL
True, but thats only cause my cakes and tea is so damn good that most of the pilots out there wants to visit my planet
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 09:31   #28
suss

suss is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by inSain
That might be the truth, but when a normal member of VsN are looking for a target to hit solo and find friendly in the arbiter - do you really believe he will launch at that planet? He might perhaps ask a BC if he can attack, but most likely he will go on and find another target.

This will, NAP or no NAP, give LCH one lessplanet to defend at that time - more fleets free for roiding and an easier way to the top. At the same time some other ally will get a planet to defend - less ships free for roiding and a more dificult way to the top.
suss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 11:20   #29
Eventh
Retired?

Eventh is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by suss
That might be the truth, but when a normal member of VsN are looking for a target to hit solo and find friendly in the arbiter
A normal member do not have access to the arbiter, so he has to ask a bc to check it for him.
Eventh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 14:12   #30
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyConrad
True, but thats only cause my cakes and tea is so damn good that most of the pilots out there wants to visit my planet
My pilots look for beer and women when out raiding. Im worried to hear that you are visited by this many female and underage pilots. You should report it to the commonwealth!!

-Jonas-

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2004, 12:10   #31
suss

suss is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eventh
A normal member do not have access to the arbiter, so he has to ask a bc to check it for him.
How lame, consider my application withdrawn
suss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2004, 12:23   #32
Little Timmy
Winker

Little Timmy will become famous soon enoughLittle Timmy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by suss
That might be the truth, but when a normal member of VsN are looking for a target to hit solo and find friendly in the arbiter - do you really believe he will launch at that planet? He might perhaps ask a BC if he can attack, but most likely he will go on and find another target.

I think you will find that solo attacks are discouraged by most responsible alliances. Better success for the benefit of an alliance is gained by covering more than one planet in a galaxy.Solo attacks tend to be made people with a non team player streak and would possibly not be welcome in an alliance.As these people will attack with three fleets or not send defence to their alliance colleagues.

Yeah so what Im an Original Pr0nstar

some of us have serious jobs
Little Timmy is offline   Reply With Quote