User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 12 Mar 2004, 04:00   #1
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
bertuzzi you ****er

right.. shame there isn't a thread on this already.
for those who don't know, take a quick gander here.
i agree he should be suspended for the rest of the season + playoffs.. but i don't think he should be suspended indefinitely.
and he hurt one of MY boys fs :\
9-2.. lol

thoughts?
Unread 12 Mar 2004, 04:04   #2
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: bertuzzi you ****er

He did break someone's neck for god's sake.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2004, 04:14   #3
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute

yes but
the intent was there to injure.. which is why he should get punished.
the intent WASNT' to break the guy's neck. and he only fractured a couple vertebra.. it's not as bad as the media makes it sound.

i think he should be fined (pay for moore's medical bills even) and be suspended for the season, but not suspended forever.
Unread 12 Mar 2004, 04:15   #4
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Aren't you allowed to beat people up in Hockey though? What's the specific rule?

edit : 6000th \o/

Last edited by Dante Hicks; 12 Mar 2004 at 04:23.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2004, 04:19   #5
Aryn
Happy

there's a difference when fights break out in a game because they're not premeditated.. they just happen when they get caught up in the game.

this was most definitely premeditated. plus both teams were warned not to retaliate... a warning which bertuzzi ignored.
Unread 12 Mar 2004, 05:46   #6
nickhall
Naked & Profane

nickhall is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryn
this was most definitely premeditated. plus both teams were warned not to retaliate... a warning which bertuzzi ignored.
Therefore he should be banned for good, anyone who acts like this should not be aloud to play profetionaly - in any sport - ever!!

Along with this he should be made to pay for any medical bills and any sallery losses the other player encounters.
nickhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2004, 06:29   #7
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

What people fail to observe is, he suckered punched him (that's a sin and 12 game suspension) then they BOTH fell over onto the ice and THEN!!!!! 5 of moore's own team PILED ON (which prolly broke his neck). Yet Bertruzzi is getting hung for this because of recent outbreaks of violence in hockey (Flyers vs Sens where a new record 416 penalty minutes were racked up in a 60 minute game).

I believe they should of punished him for the sucker punch, the neck break was what look like accidental and could not in anyway be solely blamed on him. NHL officiating is a joke these days though what with the rule changes being suggested so this doesn't surprise me. Can you believe in the light of a minimum of 5 goal aggregate scorelines they want to make the game more attacking for more goals cause it's 'boring' the fans apparrently?

I don't think they are giving Hockey fans any credit here to what they do feel.

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2004, 08:21   #8
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

wuzzies
Unread 12 Mar 2004, 22:33   #9
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts

On one hand, it was a sucker punch from behind that Moore didn't see coming and therefore wasn't able to brace himself for, and look what happened. On the other hand, the intent to injure wasn't there and had Moore not fractured his neck, Bertuzzi likely would have only been suspended for the remainder of the regular season, and not the playoffs.

Now, at the same time...the league announced last summer that this type of behavior would't be tolerated this season, and they're simply sticking to their guns and making an example of Bertuzzi. With the severity of the suspension, I'm sure something like this won't happen again any time soon. Also, the length of the suspension that was handed out isn't set in stone. Bertuzzi has to be reinstated by NHL comissioner Gary Bettman before he's allowed to play again, and he could decide to have Bertuzzi sit out a few games next season as well....a stipulation I don't agree with at all. But then again, I'm a nobody in the hockey world, so why would they listen to me.

As a huge fan of all things hockey, I'm extremely dissapointed with the actions of Todd Bertuzzi. This type of behavior has absolutly no place in the game and needs to be stopped before somethig really bad happens...but at the same time, I think the penalty handed down by the league is a little too stiff.

Just as an aside, more people are injured in the NHL racing for the puck to negate an icing call then there are injured in fights and the type of attack Bertuzzi perpetrated. And guess what...the league won't implement a 'no touch icing' rule...maybe the league's rule makers should be suspended as well, as they're responsible for many more broken bones than Todd Bertuzzi is.

/rant
Unread 12 Mar 2004, 22:38   #10
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
he only fractured a couple vertebra..
Phew!
Unread 12 Mar 2004, 23:45   #11
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

at0mic.c0w is on a distinguished road

haven't seen it, but hiting someone with the intent of injuring should put bertuzzi out of the game for more then 17 games.

on top of that i think betruzzi is a wuss. the two of them could have droped their gloves in the middle of the rink no probs but bertuzzi obviously had other plans...
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 04:52   #12
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

in this thread people try and argue that a certain level of violence is acceptable but a different level of violence is not.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 16:25   #13
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

at0mic.c0w is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWSBOT3
in this thread people try and argue that a certain level of violence is acceptable but a different level of violence is not.
more like the level that everyone (i.e. the players) agreed to accept is ...well... acceptable since everyone knows what he is in for. i have a hockey game in roughly 3 hours and i know i'm gonna get a hit or two. what i don't expect tho is someone trying to injure me on purpose.
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 16:38   #14
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWSBOT3
Every sport should be noncontact yeah?
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2004, 05:28   #15
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Sandsnake will become famous soon enoughSandsnake will become famous soon enough

Quote:
the intent WASNT' to break the guy's neck. and he only fractured a couple vertebra.. .
Outside of hockey, he would be facing felony assault charges...and fractured vertebrae usually means pain and disability for life.

Anyway, intent does not excuse result. Keep him down for a while, and if the other guy can't come back, neither should he.

(and that' concludes my monthly drive-by)
Unread 14 Mar 2004, 12:39   #16
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandsnake
Outside of hockey, he would be facing felony assault charges...and fractured vertebrae usually means pain and disability for life.

Anyway, intent does not excuse result. Keep him down for a while, and if the other guy can't come back, neither should he.

(and that' concludes my monthly drive-by)
To be honest his intent was to punch him in the back of the head. It wasn't his fault that all of moore's team then piled on on top of them (which prolly did the damage not the freaking punch).

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2004, 12:41   #17
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen
To be honest his intent was to punch him in the back of the head. It wasn't his fault that all of moore's team then piled on on top of them (which prolly did the damage not the freaking punch).
Without his premeditated attack, which for all we know could have caused the injury directly, he wouldn't have been injured.
Unread 14 Mar 2004, 15:33   #18
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

The big question is why was Moore on the ice with 3 minutes left ? With the score line the way it was there was no reason for him to be out there especially as it was previously stated that they were going to go for him, everyone in the league knew he was going to get hit so why leave him out on hostile ice ?

atomic.c0w they'd been trying to get a rise out of Moore all game so they could start a fight to settle the score, if Moore had dropped the gloves instead of skating away then he probably wouldn't have got hurt so badly, he was the one being a wuss. I'm not defending Bertuzzi's actions, sucker punches are lame but I can certainly see why he did it, also his suspension is a joke.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2004, 16:10   #19
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Yeah, he deserves to get injured because he didn't start a fight.
Unread 14 Mar 2004, 16:16   #20
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

well, no, but violence of a certain level is an accepted part of ice hockey, the fact that they have finally put such a harsh penalty on someone just shows how much it has got out of hand lately though.
perhaps this will sort it, but im not sure.
Unread 14 Mar 2004, 16:54   #21
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Why hasnt he been charged?
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2004, 17:14   #22
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts

he's currently being investigated...who knows why he hasn't been charged yet
Unread 14 Mar 2004, 17:27   #23
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

if they cant prove that his punch broke the other guys neck then they wont charge him
Unread 14 Mar 2004, 17:55   #24
Aryn
Happy

well if you look at the way he landed on the ice... bertuzzi's gloves were on his head, and it looked like he was still trying to punch him. i don't think it was the other avs that caused his neck to break.. i think it happened when he hit the ice. he didn't move at all.
Unread 15 Mar 2004, 00:07   #25
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

If he had done something like that outside the hockey ring, he would have gotten a jail sentence...
Witch he deserve, couse he could have killed the guy.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 2004, 12:27   #26
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Yeah, he deserves to get injured because he didn't start a fight.
But that's how the NHL works, you're accountable for what you've done in the past. The reason they have fighting in the NHL is to reduce the amount of stick work and sucker punching that would happen if they got rid of it.

Moore took out Naslund when they met previously this season, he was told they were coming for him he should have faced up to them and taken the retribution rather than being a pussy and spending the entire game ducking and diving and skating away then it wouldn't have happened.

To reemphasize sucker punching is lame however (1) I can understand why he did it (2) it could and should have been avoided.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Mar 2004, 10:52   #27
roadrunner_0
cynic

Quote:
well if you look at the way he landed on the ice... bertuzzi's gloves were on his head, and it looked like he was still trying to punch him. i don't think it was the other avs that caused his neck to break.. i think it happened when he hit the ice. he didn't move at all.
yeah, but how the hell are they going to prove it?