User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 8 Jan 2005, 09:30   #1
Intruder
Jolt took my jap girl :(

Intruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant future
My independent movie suggestion list

Well, on a cybercafe with nothing to do, so i decided to share with you some movies i watched in last 2 years and found nice. Most i didnt pay to watch, since they were exibted on a local free independent movie festival. Most of you prolly like mainstream movies, but i believe in some youll find excellent stuff to entertain yourselves. Most movies have directors to the right to easier find on imdb.

- Down by law (Jim Jarmusch)
- Mistery train (Jim Jarmusch)
- Night on Earth (Jim Jarmusch)
- Stranger than Paradise (Jim Jarmusch)
- Coffe and cigarretes (Jim Jarmusch)
- Ghost Dog (Jim Jarmusch)
- Thomas est Amoureux (Pierre-Paul Renders)
- Muholland Drive (David Lynch)
- Requiem for a Dream (Darren Aronofsky)
- Osaka Monogatari (Jun Ichikawa)
- Adrelanine Drive (Shinobu Yaguchi)
- Plata Quemada (Marcelo Pineyro)
- Animalada (Sergio Bizzio)
- ****land (Luis Marques)
- Welcome to the Dollhouse (Todd Solondz)
- Kids (Larry Clark)
- Velvet Goldmine (Todd Haynes)
- 27 missed kisses (Nana Djordjadze)
- Chunhyang (Im Kwon-Taek)
- Svadba (Pavel Lounguine)
- O Fantasma (Pedro Rodrigues)
- The Secret of Joe Gould (Stanley Tucci)
- Dogtown and Z-Boys (Stacy Peralta)
- Cidade de Deus (Fernando Meirelles)
- O Homem do Ano (José Henrique Fonseca)
- The Dangerous Lives of Altar boys (Peter Care)
- Tmavomodry Svet (Jan Sverák)
- Hatsukoi (Tetsuo Shinohara)
- Reconstruction (Cristoffer Boe)
- Intacto (Juan Carlos fernadillo)
- Postmen in the mountains (Huo Jianqi)
- Shadow Magic (Ann Hu)
- Dolls (Takeshi Kitano)
- Buena Vista Social Club (Win Wenders)

enjoy ( if interested )

[edit] the movie that starts with the "F" word was censored by the forums, but u know, "fockland", just replace the "o" for "u"

|| Absolute || eXilition || FAnG || Insomnia || Seraphim || Silver || Vengeance ||

Channels:

#brasil #Counter-Strike #ChillSpot #cro #dawnofthedead #dragonslair #elurstaheht #Exilition #fang #fnp #g33k #HoneyBunny #insomnia #kon #Mirage #nebula #OuZo #planetarion #pta #rpg #Silver #the_witches #vgn

Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2005, 15:56   #2
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future
Re: My independent movie suggestion list

those i know are indeed very fine movies.

i can recommend you Amores perros, a really fantastic movie (from it's narrating style a bit like pulp fiction)

also one of germanys best movies Kleine Haie.

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2005, 16:11   #3
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Zatoichi, Pi, Shimotsuma Monogatari...
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2005, 16:12   #4
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i watched a movie called held up last night, low budget comedy at its best
Unread 8 Jan 2005, 19:01   #5
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

at0mic.c0w is on a distinguished road

I've seen Ghost Dog only 2 days ago... excellent movie, Forest Whitaker was stunning
Unread 8 Jan 2005, 20:05   #6
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by at0mic.c0w
I've seen Ghost Dog only 2 days ago... excellent movie, Forest Whitaker was stunning
yeah watched it too, luckily it was on ard, no commercials etc.

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2005, 20:56   #7
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

The Dangerous Lives of Altar boys

intriguing
Unread 8 Jan 2005, 22:04   #8
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Before Sunriset (Richard Linklater)

And while maybe the budget makes it less of a indie movie its sequel Before Sunset which is just as equally good
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jan 2005, 00:52   #9
Ugly Monkey
Super Ultimate Cool

Ugly Monkey is infamous around these partsUgly Monkey is infamous around these parts

Kids Return, Fireworks, A Scene at the Sea (all Takeshi Kitano)
Ugly Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jan 2005, 00:57   #10
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of

Memento - excellant movie imo. really popular now thou
Unread 9 Jan 2005, 03:31   #11
JetLinus
Friendly geek of GD :-/

JetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud of
Arrow Re: My independent movie suggestion list

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intruder
- Ghost Dog (Jim Jarmusch)
BAD film. At least what a lot of people I watched it with thought. Big fat ninja who lives with birds fights. Boring.
But on the other hand, we were a lot younger back then, maybe I'd thing different about it now. Hm. For now my rating: crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intruder
- Kids (Larry Clark)
If it's that film that's actually spelt "Kidz" (I think it was somewhere), I wouldn't recommend to take it on a class trip and let the class watch it without letting the teacher know what's going to be shown.
Because that's what happened in my class, and the teacher wasn't happy (again, a long time ago).

I could only add Breakfast Club, nice film. Maybe it's a bit overrated, but at least worh watching.
Unread 9 Jan 2005, 22:38   #12
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetLinus
I could only add Breakfast Club, nice film. Maybe it's a bit overrated, but at least worh watching.
Hardly an Indie flick though, the Brat Pack films were the 80's equivilent of the gross out comedies of the late 90's eartly 00's such as Americian Pie. They were fairly high budget, mass auidence movies. Ofc alot of them were great through Breakfast club probally being the best and it still holds up well today. Ferris Buellers Day Off , Sixteen Candles , Pretty In Pink and St.Elmos Fire are also pretty good
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jan 2005, 22:58   #13
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Question Re: My independent movie suggestion list

Do the Baby Cart films count as independent?
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2005, 20:08   #14
Intruder
Jolt took my jap girl :(

Intruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant future

Well, actually i posted only indies cos i had that list sent for a mate who asked, but the suggestions can extend to any movie u want to share with us

|| Absolute || eXilition || FAnG || Insomnia || Seraphim || Silver || Vengeance ||

Channels:

#brasil #Counter-Strike #ChillSpot #cro #dawnofthedead #dragonslair #elurstaheht #Exilition #fang #fnp #g33k #HoneyBunny #insomnia #kon #Mirage #nebula #OuZo #planetarion #pta #rpg #Silver #the_witches #vgn

Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote