User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 29 Jul 2004, 00:22   #1
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place
Have You Ever Tried To Drive...

using only the reflection of the road ahead of you in your sunglasses, as seen in your rear view mirror? No?

It's tough at first, and you can't see oncoming traffic at all so there's a certain urge of rationality that tugs your eyes away from the rearview mirror back onto the road.

Kinda like how when you are running really fast with your eyes closed and theres that urge to open your eyes. GET YOUR MITTS OFF MY BRAIN DARWIN YOU SLUT!

Anyway, it's doable but takes some practice and dedication.

Remember kids, reckless driving like 'no hands on the wheel for as long as possible', 'chicken', 'drag racing with your friends downtown', and 'trying to moon the car ahead of you while driving on the freeway' = cool,

driving at 25 miles per hour on back roads just trying to get home safely after having a beer = you are scum and everyone will hate you for life and spit on your grave when you die!

\o/

[edit]ps: imagine how long the title of this thread woulda been if it would have let me...

Have You Ever Tried To Drive Using Only The Reflection Of The Road Ahead Of You In Your Sunglasses, As Seen In Your Rear View Mirror?

Last edited by acropolis; 29 Jul 2004 at 00:29.
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2004, 00:54   #2
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: Have You Ever Tried To Drive...

I've tried that on a few occasions, but I always find that stuff looks a hell of a lot further away and I always underestimate my reactions and end up swerving when merely attempting to change lanes.

I've decided this is a bad idea.

I stopped doing it.
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2004, 01:21   #3
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

at0mic.c0w is on a distinguished road

i never have and never will.
Unread 29 Jul 2004, 02:28   #4
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Sandsnake will become famous soon enoughSandsnake will become famous soon enough

no, can't say I have.
Unread 29 Jul 2004, 07:33   #5
Harry_Hoo_Haa
Bored

Harry_Hoo_Haa is an unknown quantity at this point

I tried driving "blind" by turning off my headlights at night. I was on a country lane so there was no street lights or anything. I almost hit a deer :/ I also done that when mah dad-in-law was tailgating me, using his headlights to see. Was interesting.
Unread 29 Jul 2004, 09:39   #6
Zaphod I
criminally insane

Zaphod I is an unknown quantity at this point

Never even thought of trying that. But its a very strange feeling when you realise that you have just driven (in town area) for some time without looking where you're going, as you have fumbled with the car stereo or the glove department: return the attention to the street and "oh, I'm already here now!"

-Zaps
Zaphod I is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2004, 09:50   #7
LISELOTTE
sucking young blood

LISELOTTE is an unknown quantity at this point

unless some of you it seems.. im a good driver
Unread 29 Jul 2004, 09:53   #8
Zaphod I
criminally insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by LISELOTTE
Could you rephrase that? No s*** intended, I just didn't understand anything but the last part

-Zaps
Unread 29 Jul 2004, 10:11   #9
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LISELOTTE
They could be 'good' drivers. The word you're looking for is 'sensible'.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2004, 10:12   #10
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphod I
Could you rephrase that? No s*** intended, I just didn't understand anything but the last part

-Zaps
i think he meant 'unlike', not 'unless'
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2004, 10:18   #11
LISELOTTE
sucking young blood

LISELOTTE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphod I

-Zaps
(-:

my english grammar is the shit

basicly what i meant was; you = shit, i = win!
Unread 29 Jul 2004, 10:33   #12
Zaphod I
criminally insane

I think I'm pretty good driver as I even don't have to see in order to negotiate through traffic

-Zaps
Unread 29 Jul 2004, 11:04   #13
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

i am a rather good driver if i drive somewhere i don't know, since then i will pick up all the routines, if i am 'local' near my own home or work, i am a shite driver and i am like a ricer. Not endangering anyone, but i am sure mister engine engine doesnt like me.
Unread 29 Jul 2004, 13:18   #14
KraKto$is8
Lurker

KraKto$is8 is infamous around these parts

Never tried it, but I have tried driving whilst drinking fanta. What a rebel i am! I think I win.