User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 6 Apr 2004, 21:31   #1
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Chelsea Win? Monaco Win?

3 minutes to go, and it could be a night of upsets.

Have Arsenal lost their momentum?
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2004, 21:32   #2
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Chelsea Win? Monaco Win?

Yes.

We've played shit 4 games in a row.

Turned what I thought could be the season of my dreams into the season that has broken my heart. I dont think I can watch another game this season.
Unread 6 Apr 2004, 21:32   #3
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

and what a wonderful cheery post that was to celebrate my 1000th post, I give up, I really do give up.
Unread 6 Apr 2004, 21:39   #4
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The worst of it is... Henry is playing badly, Ljungberg hasn't been at his best all season, and now you have 2 games in 2 days against the two other Champions League contenders. Lose/draw one or both of those, and Chelsea are back in the title race too.
Unread 6 Apr 2004, 21:40   #5
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Like I said in the other thread!
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2004, 21:47   #6
Quazi Starbucks
Heh

Quazi Starbucks is an unknown quantity at this point

As I cant post images here, i cannot post ****.gif, which would have been my preference

WIll have to do

I cant even say ****, ****ing hell!!!!
Quazi Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2004, 21:48   #7
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You could post a url?
Unread 6 Apr 2004, 21:58   #8
Rids
The Bad Guy

To be honest, I dont think I'll hold any interest in the remaining games, this season has quite literally broken my heart. Should have won the Carling Cup, should have won the FA cup, should have gone further in the CL, I dont want to think about the league at the moment, I just cant imagine what would happen if we blew that.
Unread 6 Apr 2004, 22:10   #9
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Duff <3 Duff <3 Duff <3 Duff <3 Duff <3 Duff <3 Duff <3 Duff <3 Duff <3 Duff <3 Duff <3 Duff <3
Duff <3 Duff <3 Duff <3 Duff <3 Duff <3 Duff <3 Duff <3 Duff <3 Duff <3 Duff <3 Duff <3 Duff <3
Unread 6 Apr 2004, 22:11   #10
Rids
The Bad Guy

Duff did precisely **** all, apart from that one run where he should have scored. It was our own wobbling, carelessness infront of goal and completely dire second half which cost us. I said with 30 minutes to go that we were on our way out of Europe.
Unread 6 Apr 2004, 22:18   #11
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I nearly wet myself when he made that run .

Duff <3
Unread 6 Apr 2004, 22:26   #12
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

As an Arsenal fan, I'm pretty pissed off right now...Henry was anonymous, Lehmann has got the yips and goodbye to any hopes of a glorious Arsenal season. Two defeats in two games means that our 'undefeated' Premiership record is a farce, having lost to our nearest contenders.

And a tough run of games coming up now. I can just see the Premiership disappearing before our very eyes if we don't convincingly beat Liverpool
Unread 6 Apr 2004, 22:27   #13
Rids
The Bad Guy

Lehman has to go.

Hes old.

Hes not particularly good.

Hes more prone to flapping than David James.

Lehman out.
Unread 6 Apr 2004, 22:30   #14
Stew
Made of Twigs

Lehman and Lauren are your weakest links imo
Unread 6 Apr 2004, 22:34   #15
Rids
The Bad Guy

I dont think Lauren has been too bad over the course of the season though, hes not been the revelation that Toure has been, but hes not made many (if any) howlers. I'd like to see us stregthen our central (Terry for Arsenal pls) area and move Toure out on the right though.
Unread 6 Apr 2004, 22:40   #16
Reidy
I AM THE ONE & ONLY

Reidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to all

Rids, u didn't see Lehman at AC Milan, the first goal tonight would be an inspired save by his milan standards

Blind Faith - FTM
Reidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2004, 22:40   #17
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

Lehmann is ****ing shit - how the **** could he be so poor. Especially with the 2nd goal from Bridge. He should have aligned himself to the left more and rather than spread his legs, DIVED FOR THE FREAKING BALL. Same mistake with 1st goal - WHERE TEH FK WAS HIS HANDS?

Arsenal are doing a Man Utd here - going up up up then dropping down right to bottom. Hopefully we'll do a complete Man Utd and bounce right back up though.

Henry is doing crap atm - wtf.

I bet that bloody Russian dude financing Chelsea (Abramahivc or whoever) gave Henry and Lehmann some of his fine Vodka with a hint of 'oil'. Bloody russians. Bloody french. FS. Where'd Seaman go.

In conclusion, we were PWNED.
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2004, 22:48   #18
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androme2
PWNED.
The only thing worth quoting
Unread 6 Apr 2004, 22:49   #19
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Terry was my MOTM

Hope Ranieri keeps his job, really do.

And we might get a date to play Arsenal finally!
Unread 6 Apr 2004, 22:59   #20
Reidy
I AM THE ONE & ONLY

Reidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to all

thought Lampard was excellent, he won me over just a little bit tonight. I hope Newcastle get the back lash on sunday

Blind Faith - FTM
Unread 6 Apr 2004, 23:18   #21
Dark-Strider
Reservoir Dog

Dark-Strider is on a distinguished road

this looks good for my team Liverpool though.

Arsenal have lost to matches in a row.

Lets hope they can lose 1 more
Unread 6 Apr 2004, 23:27   #22
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

at0mic.c0w is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androme2
Where'd Seaman go.
to a hairdresser i hope.
Unread 6 Apr 2004, 23:37   #23
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Gudjohnsen was my man of the match. What a pass, what a pass. Good to see the arse finally undone. You can talk about lehmann (obviously) or Henry, but sorry, where was the entire arsenal team in the second half? Lo, reyes has one good half (not convinced hes worth the fee yet) and then... dissapears. Pires, Ljunberg, Vieira on sabbatical? The best team over two legs won.

Also notice that when chelsea started playing their best - the start of the second half.

Ambrosio, Terry, Gallas, Melchiot, Gronkjaer, Lampard, Hasselbaink, Gudjohnsen

Those 8 players were all Chelsea before Chelski.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2004, 23:49   #24
Rids
The Bad Guy

As I said, we played shit. Lehman espescially so, but the whole team was awful the second half. I still dont rate Chelsea as a team, our own carelessness in front of goal, and lack of courage in the second half cost us.
Unread 6 Apr 2004, 23:59   #25
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

Gronkjaer's first reasonable performance ever. And Joe Cole's.

But yeah, Arsenal were shit in the second half, and deserved to lose.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 00:01   #26
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

It all started to go wrong when Wenger took the attackers off against Man Utd while 1-0 up.
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 00:02   #27
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rids
As I said, we played shit. Lehman espescially so, but the whole team was awful the second half. I still dont rate Chelsea as a team, our own carelessness in front of goal, and lack of courage in the second half cost us.
They are in the last 4 of the elite competition of the elite footballing continent of the world. Maybe its time to start rating them.

Its not all about you, you know. Maybe you didnt play as well as you could, but it was about chelsea from where i was sitting. It was about chelsea wanting it more. It was about those 8 players who werent brought in as mercenaries, one young english left back, the best left winger in the world, and ... well, an overrated frenchman.. wanting it more.

Unread 7 Apr 2004, 00:07   #28
Rids
The Bad Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh
They are in the last 4 of the elite competition of the elite footballing continent of the world. Maybe its time to start rating them.

Its not all about you, you know. Maybe you didnt play as well as you could, but it was about chelsea from where i was sitting. It was about chelsea wanting it more. It was about those 8 players who werent brought in as mercenaries, one young english left back, the best left winger in the world, and ... well, an overrated frenchman.. wanting it more.
But, dont you see? It was all about us. Its not about them wanting it more. Its about us losing our bottle. Chelsea wanted it just as much in the first half as they did in the second half. The difference was, in the first half, we were composed, we played our football, and we ****ed up enough chances infront of goal to have the game already killed stone dead.

Monaco are also in the last 4 of the elite competition of the elite footballing continent of the world, want me to start rating them too? You do talk toss at times kid, you really do.
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 00:08   #29
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

Duff wasn't even on the pitch at Chelsea's best.

Probably because he needs to lose a few pounds.
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 00:17   #30
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'd slag rids but I'm actually feeling sorry for him right now :(

If arsenal lose the league now it'd just be horrendous. Frankly they deserve to win at least that for some of the performances they've put in this season.
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 00:20   #31
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

we went 30 games unbeaten - ffs.
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 00:21   #32
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

Still unbeaten in the Premiership.
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 00:22   #33
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
But, dont you see? It was all about us. Its not about them wanting it more. Its about us losing our bottle. Chelsea wanted it just as much in the first half as they did in the second half. The difference was, in the first half, we were composed, we played our football, and we ****ed up enough chances infront of goal to have the game already killed stone dead.

Monaco are also in the last 4 of the elite competition of the elite footballing continent of the world, want me to start rating them too? You do talk toss at times kid, you really do.
Way i see it, Arsenal arent in the last 4, monaco are. Monaco put out Real Madrid. Therefore they are one of the four best european outfits this year. I think you ****ing well should start rating them. After all, theyve just managed something more than you have anyway

Face it, it wasnt all about you. You were composed in the first half. Your just so up your own arse you cant possibly fathom that maybe, just maybe, when it came down to it over two games Chelsea were a better side than you. That maybe just maybe chelsea came out and stopped you doing what you do best. That they beat you at your own game. You didnt collapse. Lehmann made a mistake, chelsea snuffed out your entire attacking threat, and for the winning goal, you were done apart by such a great move that you cant put the blame at anyones feet.

Unread 7 Apr 2004, 00:22   #34
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Congratulations guys. You've proved you can beat shockingly mediocre teams in the premiership (and chelsea). And the season isn't over yet.
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 00:26   #35
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

Chelsea are a good side, but they have hardly improved at all from the signings they've made.
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 00:29   #36
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

BTW, ive been thinking about this all night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
Madrid will inevitably have a defensive collapse against an unfancied side (Monaco i suspect)
he posted that before the DRAW was made and Madrid drew Monaco.

Nostrashima. Nostrashima.

Unread 7 Apr 2004, 00:29   #37
Rids
The Bad Guy

Chelsea were a better side over two games, but NOT because they're a better side than us, because we didnt have the bottle, and the composure over the two legs, that we should have had. First leg, we outplayed them the first half, didnt take our chances, gifted them a goal in the second half, and spent the rest of the game on the backfoot.

Second leg, we outplayed them first half, didnt take our chances, gifted them a goal in the second half, and spent the rest of the game on the backfoot. Our players simply didnt turn up that second half. The amount of times we had the ball, and it was just hoofed upfield, high searching balls, for Henry, that famous header of the ball... Why didnt anybody put their foot on the ball and play the way we all know they can play? We snuffed out our own attacking threat, not Chelsea.

That game wasnt about the ability of Chelsea, it was about the same lack of composure, of good old English bottle that we showed last season, coming back to bite us in the arse this season. I've always known this is something that could happen, I've not been boastful about our performances this year, but now its happening its completely breaking my heart.
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 00:39   #38
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
BTW, ive been thinking about this all night

he posted that before the DRAW was made and Madrid drew Monaco.

Nostrashima. Nostrashima.
I had a hunch that was going to happen after the group stages this year. Queiroz went to the board and said "We are going to get ****ed if we dont buy a couple of decent centre backs" and the boards response was to tell him he was being sacked at the end of the season.

Queiroz for Thistle!
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 00:54   #39
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
That game wasnt about the ability of Chelsea, it was about the same lack of composure, of good old English bottle that we showed last season, coming back to bite us in the arse this season. I've always known this is something that could happen, I've not been boastful about our performances this year, but now its happening its completely breaking my heart.
Arsenal of late seem to lack a general to me - for the first time against Man U, Arsenal were outhought and were helpless in terms of someone who would keep it together. Now, before you start ranting about Vieira at me, Vieira is yes, colossal but a general he is not. Arsenal lack a Tony Adams or Roy Keane type figure for whatever they may lack in ability over Vieira, their leadership skills and commitment are second to none and if they were in a team with the skill of Arsenal tonight would probably not have happened.

Chelsea have Lampard, Man U have Keane, Liverpool have Gerrard, Newcastle have Shearer - hell even the teams at the bottom have a British player leading them, as you are less likely to get British bottle unless you have a good British captain. Yes there are some exceptions (Di Canio, Cantona) but they are few and far between, and Vieira I don't believe to be one of them.
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 01:09   #40
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I dont think Lauren has been too bad over the course of the season though, hes not been the revelation that Toure has been, but hes not made many (if any) howlers. I'd like to see us stregthen our central (Terry for Arsenal pls) area and move Toure out on the right though.
Lauren is very often out of postion. He is also messing up the offside line too.
He is the weak link of the back four.
I agree with you on getting Terry, that would be ace. Toure is a fantastic player, real bargain (costing approx 130k)
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release

Last edited by G.K Zhukov; 7 Apr 2004 at 01:15.
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 01:14   #41
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

The two games that Arsenal have now played Chelsea has shown one thing very clearly. Having a broad squad filled with quality players is a huge pluss, specially at this stage of the season. The Arsenal players looks tired, while Chelsea easily can manage to rotate (hell, having Crespo as a sub says it all, doesnt it).

Arsenal need: A goolie (Lehman is a fu**up). A right defender and a striker.
English football need: That Putin put Roman behind bars, like the thief he is.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 08:16   #42
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

I don't see what exactly is wrong with Abramovich (as long as he doesn't get rid of Ranieri); so he's spent a lot of money.... so has Boro, not exactly on the same scale, but the new chairman came in, got a new ground, some new players, and has now taken Boro to their first 'major' trophy.

On the plus side for Arsenal, Parma's Frey says he's moving to the gunners at the end of the season.

And good news for england:

In each of the games against Chelsea this season, Henry hasn't gotten into the game at all. You think John Terry might be worth something for our opening game?

I'd also say that Terry is more of a general than Lampard, Lampard is more of a Beckham style of guy; he's just EVERYWHERE.
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 11:16   #43
Rids
The Bad Guy

John Terry has gotten better and better as the season went on, I'd assume him + Campbell to be our partnership come Euro 2004.
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 11:20   #44
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Oh, and Henry's injured for the weekend.
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 13:13   #45
Hostile
The Milky Bar Kid

Hostile is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
On Saturday I was in Highbury watching the Man U Arsenal game and feeling smug.
is that on that big monitor thing they have? how much did it cost?
Hostile is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 16:03   #46
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I saw the lot of them. The Arsenal and Chelsea players/managers. I was at Highbury. Chelsea ripped us wide just as Manchester Utd did in the 2nd half of both games. I'm sensing that every club is catching on on where our weakest link is... both flanks.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 16:37   #47
Reidy
I AM THE ONE & ONLY

Quote:
Way i see it, Arsenal arent in the last 4, monaco are. Monaco put out Real Madrid. Therefore they are one of the four best european outfits this year. I think you ****ing well should start rating them. After all, theyve just managed something more than you have anyway
Does that mean South Korea are one of the 4 best teams in the world???

heh heh heh

Blind Faith - FTM
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 17:37   #48
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reidy
Does that mean South Korea are one of the 4 best teams in the world???

heh heh heh
England France etc might be better teams than South Korea / Turkey. But they didnt do it. They ****ed up. South Korea were one of the best four sides at the world cup, not on paper, but in practice.

The whole "consistency" and "longetivity" thing falls down for me. You can diss anything as a one off if it isnt the odds on favourite at ladbrokes who nails it every time. Also in the context, an Arsenal fan saying they arent convinced by Chelsea, monaco etc - they just got somewhere Arsenal HAVENT been - lets not pretend arsenal have a european pedigree to date. I think arsenal are a world class side, but what stops me saying "Well youve drawn against celtic at home two years in a row in pre season friendlies, you might be top of the premiership but youve not beaten man utd in it and everyone except chelsea is pretty much average at best teams, some of whom youve drawn to, you failed to win either domestic cup or convincingly put away teams from eastern europe in your champions league group, and at the first sign of achievement, youve bottled it and tumbled out the champions league before the semis - again. Im not convinced that arsenal are a world class side"

Do you know what stops me saying it? Its a whole bunch of facts that combine to produce absolute bollocks. But the fact still remains Monaco knocked out Real Madrid, are somewhere Arsenal (a team who a lot of people, myself included, predicted at the beginning of the KO's) are not, and deserve respect for their achievement.

Unread 7 Apr 2004, 17:40   #49
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

South Korea only got to the semis because of biased refereeing though, so they're a bad example.
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 17:52   #50
Reidy
I AM THE ONE & ONLY

deffeh, to be in a semi final doesnt mean ure one of the 4 best teams, it does in a league but not in a knockout, ure talking crap

Blind Faith - FTM