User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 25 Nov 2014, 08:36   #101
Idler

Idler is a jewel in the roughIdler is a jewel in the roughIdler is a jewel in the rough
Re: XP is broken. fix it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
What i have noticed in this last page is that what the issue actually is has become massively diluted by the likes of Idler and Atilla.

The idea that you just log in and chuck 3 fakes to attack someone big is probably a little true in this round but is not how xpwhoring works. Its how PLAYING XAN IN GENERAL WORKS.

Apart from the last 2 rounds Xan has been pretty woeful for quite a while and not very useful for gathering XP. Its just the fact that cloak + big xp has coincided for 2 rounds and everyone has thrown a fit.

Notoriously tho Xan is a very weak race and it means you struggle to land fakes on larger planets because they would kill/hug swathes of your paper thin fleet if it was actually there or if you even had one.

In the past 10-12 rounds i have witnessed that infact ETD and Cat and to a lesser extent Terran have actually been the better races to XPwhore with. Disguising some beetles and pods with 1 hornet has proved far more profitable over the rounds and far more sustainable for the planet in question than these flash in the pan Xan planets.

Yet no one has run here crying about XP being broken then. No one ran here 3 rounds ago when MCs were introduced. No XPwhores ran here when MCs were actually nerfed for this round. So if the formulae for XP hasnt changed since it was introduced (as far as im aware) and it wasnt a problem for all of those rounds how is it magically broken? Surely other things that are impacting on XP are broken instead and they are what need fixing??????

Many simple ideas have been put forward to to solve all the XP issues but maybe this one will finally turn the tide. Take Score out of the XP equation. Base it on value only... if you wanna be a big brave boy and get some monster XP they you are gonna have to be a hero to do it (plus this stops the XPwhores landing on each other... no fleet=no value=no XP)
The idea that you can look at the universe and still suggest that XP is fine is just amazing to me. I havent made a single post that dillutes anything, all Ive done is highlight very obvious things that anyone could have figured out for themselves
Unread 25 Nov 2014, 09:07   #102
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idler View Post
The idea that you can look at the universe and still suggest that XP is fine is just amazing to me. I havent made a single post that dillutes anything, all Ive done is highlight very obvious things that anyone could have figured out for themselves
Omg this is what we are on about.... You just don't seem to comprehend it. NOBODY is saying it's fine. We are saying it's NOT BROKEN. Xp itself has not changed. The last major change to XP was the introduction of MCs 3 ROUNDS AGO. Since then it has only received nerfs (halving the accumulator gain per MC as far as I'm aware (that's a 50% nerf!!)). It's a collaboration of multiple things that have made this round what it is, xp is just what was affected by those things. Offensive stats, cloaking, sstrong xan attack stats, ppl will to play purely for xp gains, General defensive apathy. These have all had more influence on the round than XP. Mass XP generation is just the product of all of these things.

Please go something else to whinge about this is getting boring now. The stats will be completely dull next round, a by product of all the whinging people like yourself, butcher and genchaos have created. Enjoy rd 60, most likely the biggest init and def round ever.

How many weeks till we get an Mining is Broken thread????
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2014, 10:17   #103
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Mining is broken, you don't have to scan for roids before you can init them, them bastards killed tha game!

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2014, 11:54   #104
Plaguuu

Plaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nice

Quote:
Omg this is what we are on about.... You just don't seem to comprehend it. NOBODY is saying it's fine. We are saying it's NOT BROKEN. Xp itself has not changed. The last major change to XP was the introduction of MCs 3 ROUNDS AGO. Since then it has only received nerfs (halving the accumulator gain per MC as far as I'm aware (that's a 50% nerf!!)). It's a collaboration of multiple things that have made this round what it is, xp is just what was affected by those things. Offensive stats, cloaking, sstrong xan attack stats, ppl will to play purely for xp gains, General defensive apathy. These have all had more influence on the round than XP. Mass XP generation is just the product of all of these things.

Please go something else to whinge about this is getting boring now. The stats will be completely dull next round, a by product of all the whinging people like yourself, butcher and genchaos have created. Enjoy rd 60, most likely the biggest init and def round ever.

"NOBODY is saying it's fine. We are saying it's NOT BROKEN."

And we = you, joseph and raulzitos..
I could expect this from you and raulzitos but joseph

Xp is broken and have been broken for a long time it just took a while for the masses to figure it out, with the help of fake attacks and military centers and a couple of bubble butt boys from brazil.

Even with a massive nerf, a xp whore spending 2 minutes a day playing will get pretty easily into t100 which is pretty awesome for the time put in.
Plaguuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2014, 12:00   #105
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaguuu View Post
"NOBODY is saying it's fine. We are saying it's NOT BROKEN."

And we = you, joseph and raulzitos..
I could expect this from you and raulzitos but joseph

Xp is broken and have been broken for a long time it just took a while for the masses to figure it out, with the help of fake attacks and military centers and a couple of bubble butt boys from brazil.

Even with a massive nerf, a xp whore spending 2 minutes a day playing will get pretty easily into t100 which is pretty awesome for the time put in.
And influence, light, mz and a few others who commented here... It's actually about even for whiners and thinkers in this thread tho butcher counts double....
Unread 25 Nov 2014, 12:09   #106
Plaguuu

Plaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nice

Yeah guess that would be the case with IQ spreading evenly above and below 100, mz isnt even playing so he might be a exception. And guess joseph and raulzitos are exceptions aswell since the only reason they say its not broken is cause they can go get high rankings with no effort, and they enjoy that. Its kinda like asking a kid if he wants broccoli or pizza.
Unread 25 Nov 2014, 12:17   #107
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Please don't be brainwashed by these morons Plaguu I actually have the belief that normally you know what you are on about.

I'll break it down even further ok?

The concept of XP is not BROKEN. Using skill and bravery to land on a much larger opponent to gain massive rewards.

The implementation of XP is not BROKEN. If you are small and land on someone big you get more xp than if you are big and land on someone small.

The formulae for XP is not BROKEN. It works, its maths. Put it in a calculator and you get the correct answer.

What we actually have is a round that if you rated stats offensiveness on a scale of 1-10 is a 10. It's about as far as stats can go in that direction and the problem lies on the fact XP and things that create and multiply XP weren't tweaked and tuned to accomdate this.

The bravery factor should have been lowered, the mcs should have been capped at 60 like fcs and the armour on pods should have been dropped too.

If you car started over revving its not BROKEN its just unturned. TThat is what XP is atm.

Bottom line is that in 58 rounds XP has not been broken and it has also not been broken in the last two. Just the laziness of the PA team failed to see this problem when it started occurring last round and didn't bother to change it for this round a further increase in the offensive nature of the stats used. This what beta ttesting should have been used for instead of the speed round ppl like to use it as.

The blame lies with those in power, time they sort it out.
Unread 25 Nov 2014, 12:53   #108
Atilla

Atilla has a spectacular aura aboutAtilla has a spectacular aura aboutAtilla has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Please don't be brainwashed by these morons Plaguu I actually have the belief that normally you know what you are on about.

I'll break it down even further ok?

The concept of XP is not BROKEN. Using skill and bravery to land on a much larger opponent to gain massive rewards.

The implementation of XP is not BROKEN. If you are small and land on someone big you get more xp than if you are big and land on someone small.

The formulae for XP is not BROKEN. It works, its maths. Put it in a calculator and you get the correct answer.

What we actually have is a round that if you rated stats offensiveness on a scale of 1-10 is a 10. It's about as far as stats can go in that direction and the problem lies on the fact XP and things that create and multiply XP weren't tweaked and tuned to accomdate this.

The bravery factor should have been lowered, the mcs should have been capped at 60 like fcs and the armour on pods should have been dropped too.

If you car started over revving its not BROKEN its just unturned. TThat is what XP is atm.

Bottom line is that in 58 rounds XP has not been broken and it has also not been broken in the last two. Just the laziness of the PA team failed to see this problem when it started occurring last round and didn't bother to change it for this round a further increase in the offensive nature of the stats used. This what beta ttesting should have been used for instead of the speed round ppl like to use it as.

The blame lies with those in power, time they sort it out.
So you more or less say that XP is to powerful in its current state but you would like to keep it and have it nerfed, and you donīt want to use the word BROKEN for some reason.... (it totally is broken however, see reasons in other posts). However when you start to talk about the concept of XP, your right that might not be broken.. but this is not a concept this iz a game mechanic and as far as game mechanics go, in its current state XP is broken beyond any doubt, for reasons explained soooo many times before.
The important part here is that it at least gets balanced with other methods of play to ensure fairness, which is what most of us wants i might add, with the exception of me, had it been up to me i would remove XP <-- important to remember that last bit is my view and only my view.

Just one more thing, regarding the "formula for XP" as you mentioned above. You do realize that you can put numbers in to a formula and get numbers from it that would still be wrong, when the parameters of that said formula is wrong? So no if you put it in a calculator with the wrong parameters you would in-fact get a wrong answer.
Atilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2014, 14:30   #109
Plaguuu

Kaiba.. When we use the word broken here we are not talking about the game giving us wrong xp according to the formula or anything like that.

It means that it is massively overpowered, to such an extent that it ruins the game experience. XP is Broken.
Unread 25 Nov 2014, 15:00   #110
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
Kaiba.. When we use the word broken here we are not talking about the game giving us wrong xp according to the formula or anything like that.

It means that it is massively overpowered, to such an extent that it ruins the game experience. XP is Broken.
No broken means it doesn't work. It does work to the parameters its set to. It is overpowered, unturned, out of sync etc...

It is not BROKEN tho.
Unread 25 Nov 2014, 15:06   #111
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
Just one more thing, regarding the "formula for XP" as you mentioned above. You do realize that you can put numbers in to a formula and get numbers from it that would still be wrong, when the parameters of that said formula is wrong? So no if you put it in a calculator with the wrong parameters you would in-fact get a wrong answer.
This is amazing.

It is an equation. The parameters are the parameters. If you type 3x2 into a calculator you get 6. If you put the xp formula into your calculator correctly you get the correct answer. There is no RNG it is a simple maths equation.
Unread 25 Nov 2014, 15:09   #112
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

On side note we are happy to use the terms game MECHANICS and combat ENGINE to describe this game but we can be fast and loose with our terminology regarding BROKEN?

If part of an engine was working out of sync with the rest then we would say it needed tuning.

We would not say it is broken and
Unread 25 Nov 2014, 15:16   #113
Plaguuu

If you don't know what broken means in game balancing debates you obviously haven't been in many of them, no need to start now. So please shut up and close the dusty 18th century dictionary that you have in front of you.
Unread 25 Nov 2014, 15:20   #114
Atilla

Atilla has a spectacular aura aboutAtilla has a spectacular aura aboutAtilla has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
On side note we are happy to use the terms game MECHANICS and combat ENGINE to describe this game but we can be fast and loose with our terminology regarding BROKEN?

If part of an engine was working out of sync with the rest then we would say it needed tuning.

We would not say it is broken and
Kaiba, yes the formula for calculating XP does work.. its math it will give you a set number within the parameters given to it... just like in most other cases, whats being argued however is that the parameters of said XP mechanic is deeply flawed.
This is not something we have been so fast and loose with, as has been pointed out by several people. This phenomenon has been observed for several rounds, has it not?
The fact that the parameters of the XP function is sooooo very limited and sooooo permanent is what makes it broken. Its not the calculation itself.. the calculation are a quick fix.. find a balancing point and lower the values or even change how the calculation work.. it will still put out a number at the end for its specific purpose.
Unread 25 Nov 2014, 15:21   #115
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

B0rked would be more accurate
Unread 25 Nov 2014, 16:54   #116
Buddah
Knight of Ni!

Buddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the rough

In a war perspective xp could be looked at as guerrilla warfare or special ops!
Id like to see xp viable for future rounds cause ive actually enjoyed it.
Could Having score included in bravery factor solve it?
Buddah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2014, 17:23   #117
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
And guess joseph and raulzitos are exceptions aswell since the only reason they say its not broken is cause they can go get high rankings with no effort, and they enjoy that. Its kinda like asking a kid if he wants broccoli or pizza.
Raul has taken a more nuanced position than you claim he has. Here's his post in full:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaUlZiToS View Post
Yeah agree. But we can say is not Xp who are overpowered, is the stats who are good only to xp whores.

Xp this round is worst then the last 3 rounds, because they reduced MC to 0,5%... so how can be Xp broken?

Last round alot people tryed to play for Xp too, like this one... but only 3 or 4 did that good, the others ones give up and go for value.

Xp is not the problem pals, stats are doing all that.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2014, 17:33   #118
Plaguuu

well both me and raul is in the very top without doing much, and we are both abusing xp.

I just have the insight to see that its OP.

They can blame it on stats all they want, but every single round is EASY to land mediocre planets, or any planet you hit from a alliance in war. And since you don't have to worry about people hitting you back, xp will be broken in other stats aswell.

Another reason you see more of it this round even tho mcs was lowered is because more playres are using it, and more DECENT players are using it, also people playing for xp in the past havent realized the trueimportance of keeping value low until the brazilians stumbled over it.

Last edited by Plaguuu; 25 Nov 2014 at 18:39.
Unread 25 Nov 2014, 20:50   #119
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
well both me and raul is in the very top without doing much, and we are both abusing xp.

I just have the insight to see that its OP.

They can blame it on stats all they want, but every single round is EASY to land mediocre planets, or any planet you hit from a alliance in war. And since you don't have to worry about people hitting you back, xp will be broken in other stats aswell.

Another reason you see more of it this round even tho mcs was lowered is because more playres are using it, and more DECENT players are using it, also people playing for xp in the past havent realized the trueimportance of keeping value low until the brazilians stumbled over it.
Let's not pretend XP play is the only way of playing this game where it is profitable to keep your value artificially low tho. even with value play it is profitable to stockpile loads of resources in order to stay within the bashlimit for instance, cov-opping is more effective when one is smaller etc etc etc.

Yes, XP play has been powerful since the introduction of MC's. And YES this round XP is clearly overpowered compared to pure valueplay up to such an extent that everyone from 1337 Pete to Average Joe realised it is the way to go.

Before the introduction of MC's XP was, at best, a half decent way to gain a nice bump of score in the first few days for your planet, and at the end of the round for an alliance to escort for. It had minimal effects on the end rankings, and when it had everyone gave props for it(as it was usually the result of a smart strategy like a proper fake. Clearly it wasn't that broken back then. Now with MC's it is finally possible for XP to provide an ALTERNATIVE way to play the game succesfully. This is the third round we have MC's, give PATeam some time to find a better balance between XP and value play, clearly the 50% nerfing it recieved this round was not enough (especially not with stats where it is practically impossible to defend against Xan FI).

Unread 25 Nov 2014, 21:23   #120
Idler

Idler is a jewel in the roughIdler is a jewel in the roughIdler is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
No broken means it doesn't work. It does work to the parameters its set to. It is overpowered, unturned, out of sync etc...

It is not BROKEN tho.
You do understand that you're just arguing the definition of a word at this point ?

Is the mechanics working as intended ?

Code:
Planets - Top 100
Rank	Change	Coords	Ruler	Planet	Race	Size	Score
1		2:2:9	ENDLESS NAP OFFER MAILS	A NON ABUSIVE NATURE	Xan	405	8,477,246
2		5:6:9	End	Terminus	Xan	598	8,073,082
3		5:10:11	Black Sigma	Quantum Break	Xan	424	7,069,401
4		5:8:3	_Tche_	Testing MH	Xan	401	7,032,237
If the answer is yes, then the game is indeed fine and should be left untouched.

If the answer is no, the mechanics are broken since it massively favors a style of play that the designers never intended.

End result by intent = Good
End result by clever use of game mechanics that goes beyond the intent = broken

But I assume that there will be a cleverly WORDED reply highligting the POINTS because the guy replying is MAKING a POINT using HYPERBOLE disagreeing with the TERMINOLOGY being APPLIED
Unread 25 Nov 2014, 21:45   #121
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The definitions of the words 'broken' and 'overpowered' that Kaiba uses are meant to indicate a difference in quality, not quantity. By his definition, a broken feature needs to be removed or at the very least drastically reworked, which is a relatively costly operation. An overpowered feature can be brought back into line with other features simply by cutting its efficiency in half; this is an extremely simple procedure that can be done in 2 minutes.

Bickering over whether these particular two words have fundamentally different meanings or not, and what exactly those meanings are, is pointless, and was not Kaiba's purpose for bringing them up. The point is that the methods of resolving these two types of issue are incomparable, no matter what two words are picked for them. Call them onionhead and bubblegum if that's what it takes to make you tingle deep inside.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 25 Nov 2014, 22:56   #122
Plaguuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Influence View Post
Let's not pretend XP play is the only way of playing this game where it is profitable to keep your value artificially low tho. even with value play it is profitable to stockpile loads of resources in order to stay within the bashlimit for instance, cov-opping is more effective when one is smaller etc etc etc.

Yes, XP play has been powerful since the introduction of MC's. And YES this round XP is clearly overpowered compared to pure valueplay up to such an extent that everyone from 1337 Pete to Average Joe realised it is the way to go.

Before the introduction of MC's XP was, at best, a half decent way to gain a nice bump of score in the first few days for your planet, and at the end of the round for an alliance to escort for. It had minimal effects on the end rankings, and when it had everyone gave props for it(as it was usually the result of a smart strategy like a proper fake. Clearly it wasn't that broken back then. Now with MC's it is finally possible for XP to provide an ALTERNATIVE way to play the game succesfully. This is the third round we have MC's, give PATeam some time to find a better balance between XP and value play, clearly the 50% nerfing it recieved this round was not enough (especially not with stats where it is practically impossible to defend against Xan FI).
Xp was a perfectly valid way to play before mcs, its just that nobody did it. The reason it was only used for score in the first days is because people didn't keep their value low, limiting their xp targets to only other massive value planets, and massive value planets got their value cause they get good def which makes them bad targets.

(and mc didnt get 50% nerf this round)
Unread 26 Nov 2014, 00:40   #123
Influence
Finally retired

Quote:
Xp was a perfectly valid way to play before mcs, its just that nobody did it. The reason it was only used for score in the first days is because people didn't keep their value low, limiting their xp targets to only other massive value planets, and massive value planets got their value cause they get good def which makes them bad targets.

(and mc didnt get 50% nerf this round)

People didn't keep their value low? Except every half decent latestarter that donated all his res to the galaxy. XP play, in the way it is played by the brazillians these last 2 rounds, and HellKicker the round before, has definitely been tried and used prior to the introduction of MC's, but was seriously less effective than it is now. I personally have had, or helped organise, XP lands for maximum gains on plenty of top planets throughout my PA history. Yet the maximum gains very rarely exceeded 1.2m score (20k xp), and even when that happened, using the same planets to make such a hit again was nearly impossible. Nowadays, that same attack could give you around 2.4-3m score (40-45k XP), and subsequent attacks on a similar target could still give you another 20k xp.

Ahh i was pretty certain MC's gave 1% bonus on XP last round, but since i cannot find any documentation on that i will give you that point.

P.S. By maximum gains i mean that every attacker that landed got the maximum bravery factor (3.42 according to the manual) so every stolen roid was worth 34.2XP and 2052 score. Which subsequently means you needed to steal at least 580 roids to get to that 20k XP mark i mentioned earlier. Nowadays, considering you can technically give a 125% boost to the amount of XP you get, you would need to steal only 260 roids for a similar gain.

Last edited by Influence; 26 Nov 2014 at 00:57.
Unread 26 Nov 2014, 08:43   #124
Mzyxptlk
mz.

MCs went from 500 CU to 750 CU to 1250 CU to 1500 CU per 1%. The latest change also included a further nerf by requiring you to research more Infra by changing the boost from 1% (for 1250 CU) to 0.5% (for 750 CU).
Unread 27 Nov 2014, 15:32   #125
fortran

fortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the rough
Cool Re: XP is broken. fix it

Quote:
For brazzies keeping value low was always easy
And the gap to the first value planet is amazing this round. If only XP could be somehow destroyed (as stolen would probably bring more unbalance), this way of play would still be possible.
Unread 27 Nov 2014, 17:39   #126
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortran View Post
For brazzies keeping value low was always easy
And the gap to the first value planet is amazing this round. If only XP could be somehow destroyed (as stolen would probably bring more unbalance), this way of play would still be possible.
Xp accrued could diminish by say 1000 a day. Or your multipler could reduce for every fleet you land?

If the idea it is experience earned from something then repeating that thing again would yield drastically less experience, you would just be refining your maneveur.

What would be cool in my eyes would be final week rewards in this game for hitting hard targets in certain areas. Got 100 amps? Your amps are now twice as powerful for last week. Same with dists. 120 refs?? 20% mining bonus.... 150 MCs? Double XP (one time land only - need to activate at eta 5 or higher). I think that rewarding for dedicating to one area would be a great way to start diversifying how cons are built by different people. If this ever happened (lol sif) then it would have be achieved by tick 1000.
Unread 27 Nov 2014, 18:58   #127
Zeke

Zeke is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Take Score out of the XP equation. Base it on value only... if you wanna be a big brave boy and get some monster XP they you are gonna have to be a hero to do it (plus this stops the XPwhores landing on each other... no fleet=no value=no XP)
That!!
Zeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2014, 19:36   #128
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

That would just mean that they could continuously land for big xp, whereas now your XP gains are reduced heavily after your first big lands.

If anything it should take Score into account more, not less.
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2014, 21:15   #129
Nitros
Internal Error

Nitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to behold

Indeed

[]LCH[] ..lets change history
Nitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2014, 21:27   #130
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Very easy to solve that.

You get xp based on your own score, compared to the other targets score. Value could mean **** all, or skew it the other way compared to what it is today.

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2014, 21:41   #131
Nitros
Internal Error

Nitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to behold

Or the average of the difference in value/score of both planets.

[]LCH[] ..lets change history
Nitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2014, 01:08   #132
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

Why not just base xp on roids capped
Unread 28 Nov 2014, 10:21   #133
Motti
Just Awesome

Motti has a spectacular aura aboutMotti has a spectacular aura aboutMotti has a spectacular aura about

I truly hope we can change/tweak XP in such a way that it has no advantage at all.

Balance is key!

Should only reward value play with strong alliance/gal who got your back nomatter what to gain any significant rank..
Motti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2014, 11:15   #134
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Esper View Post
Why not just base xp on roids capped
Because that benefits those who are biggest and most likely to a, make up the biggest chunk of value in a teamup and b, be able to launch/land solo. The point of xp is to help those who are not already at the top. This would do the opposite.

Otterly an Otter.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2014, 12:00   #135
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

XP is "ok". But I really dont get why the ranked #1 planet should get a massive boost for landing on someone ranked #200.

If your score is higher than your target, then why should you get a massive "experience" boost from it?

Quote:
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
Unread 28 Nov 2014, 13:18   #136
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post
But I really dont get why the ranked #1 planet should get a massive boost for landing on someone ranked #200.
5:6:9 (value #596, score #1, size #459), fully optimized for XP (196 MCs) gets 218k score landing on 6:7:1 (value #214, score #213, size #58). For a 3k roid planet decked out for value (magma, 60 FCs, 60 refs), that's about 14 ticks worth of income. Do with that what you will.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 28 Nov 2014 at 13:27. Reason: Got my scan!
Unread 28 Nov 2014, 13:21   #137
Blue_Esper

Quote:
Originally Posted by booji View Post
Because that benefits those who are biggest and most likely to a, make up the biggest chunk of value in a teamup and b, be able to launch/land solo. The point of xp is to help those who are not already at the top. This would do the opposite.
they wont get xp if they dont land....
Unread 28 Nov 2014, 16:32   #138
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Esper View Post
they wont get xp if they dont land....
Think really this is the crux of the whole issue. If you can't be bothered tI research I scan and def against fakes then you only have yourself to blame
Unread 28 Nov 2014, 17:25   #139
Plaguuu

The thing is if a person does get i scan they dont stop me from landing on someone else .. and yeah wishmaster its a bigproblem that we can land on low scored players.

A simple change as changing the -0,2 on score to -0,4 in the bravery factor combined with 1xp being 60 score nerfed to 50 score would greatly increase the difficulty of top 3 spots as xp whore without putting in alot of effort and having people around you. But will still be playable to get a decent rank for not much effort put in for thoose who want a easy playstyle
Unread 28 Nov 2014, 18:08   #140
Wishmaster
LDK

Atm you can join PT 700, build 20k fi, and end top3 with only xpwhoring other xpwhores.

Seems solid to me!

Problem is that it is in other xpwhores interest to be roided, as that in return lowers their value - which increase thei score.
I really dont see why playing as xpwhore should be possible.

Xp was added to help people climb the ranks and to give incentives to hit bigger targets. It was never added as a new way to play PA.

Quote:
Unread 28 Nov 2014, 23:38   #141
aksel

aksel is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaUlZiToS View Post
Why you say Xp whores login 3 times in a day?

Rank Planet X:Y:Z Launches
1 HeiMuEr 3:10:6 226
2 HAVING JUMPER INGAL 2:6:7 212
3 My Homie 2:4:10 199
4 A NON ABUSIVE NATURE 2:2:9 189
5 Quantum Break 5:10:11 178

Thats the top 5 launchs in Uni.

3 10 6 = Xpwhore - Top 6 in XP
2 4 10 = Xpwhore - Top 4 in Xp
2 2 9 = Xp Whore - Top 1 in Xp
5 10 11 = Xp whore - Top 5 in Xp

So they are inactives? They are top launchs in all game and you still saying to be a Xpwhore dont need much effort?

Lets the Planets ranking?

Rank Change Coords Ruler Planet Race Size Score
1 2:2:9 ENDLESS NAP OFFER MAILS A NON ABUSIVE NATURE Xan 926 7,866,923
2 5:6:9 End Terminus Xan 231 7,159,243
3 5:8:3 _Tche_ Testing MH Xan 401 7,120,522
4 5:10:11 Black Sigma Quantum Break Xan 603 6,719,500
5 3:2:4 House Cards Cat 702 6,372,352
6 2:4:10 NitinAs My Homie Xan 324 6,235,526
7 6 2:2:6 Fenrir Aasgaard Cat 2,099 6,130,927
8 7:1:1 Speed Iight Etd 1,376 6,118,826
9 2 3:10:6 DiaoSi HeiMuEr Xan 370 6,051,084
10 1 2:2:1 ank0 tirisfall Xan 1,400 5,926,717

2 2 9 - Top 4 launches
5 6 9 - Top 8 Launches
5 8 3 - Top 11 Launches
5 10 11 - Top 5 Launchs
3 2 4 - Top 16 Launches
2 4 10 - Top 3 Launches
2 2 6 - Top 94 Launches
7 1 1 - Not in Top 100
3 10 6 - Top 1 Launches
2 2 1 - Top 6 Launches

Have only 2 planets in top 10 who are not in top launches, and this 2 ARE NOT XPWHORES

So why you say Xpwhores dont make effort? Say me a decent argument... because the numbers dont show it.
delete
aksel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2014, 23:40   #142
aksel

aksel is on a distinguished road

jjjjj
aksel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Nov 2014, 10:24   #143
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Hit edit, then below your post there's a delete option.
Unread 29 Nov 2014, 13:02   #144
Influence
Finally retired

Ok, so i guess we're all pretty much in agreement that the current XP formula in combination with MC's is borked. So I've set out to see if I/we can come up with a new/altered XP setup that will bring us closer to a working one.

I've tried to filter out of this thread what 'we' want out of XP.

#1 - XP should allow smaller planets to at the very least catch up in score after a crash or after a (prolonged) bashing.

#2 - XP should deny XP planets from getting (a lot of) score from 'farming' other XP planets

#3 - XP should deny higher ranked XP planets getting (a lot of) score from hitting a lower ranked value planet player.

#4 - XP should not promote staying small for as long as possible to make a big hit as late as possible to make it to the top of the table.

Please add to this if you feel XP players should/shouldn't be able to do something so we can try to come up with a way to balance out XP again.

I'm in the process of compiling a calculator where we can go and test new formulae, this calculator will be based on results from both r45-54 and r55-now (pre and post MC era).

I've allready composed 1 formula that at least takes care of #3, but want to gather a bit more input before I wanna publish my 'solutions'. I will open up both the calculator and my formulae in a couple of days so that we can hopefully approach appoco with the improved formulae before the beta for next round

Unread 29 Nov 2014, 13:49   #145
Joseph
Error

Joseph is just really niceJoseph is just really niceJoseph is just really niceJoseph is just really niceJoseph is just really nice

Quote:
Ok, so i guess we're all pretty much in agreement that the current XP formula in combination with MC's is borked. So I've set out to see if I/we can come up with a new/altered XP setup that will bring us closer to a working one.

I've tried to filter out of this thread what 'we' want out of XP.

#1 - XP should allow smaller planets to at the very least catch up in score after a crash or after a (prolonged) bashing.

#2 - XP should deny XP planets from getting (a lot of) score from 'farming' other XP planets

#3 - XP should deny higher ranked XP planets getting (a lot of) score from hitting a lower ranked value planet player.

#4 - XP should not promote staying small for as long as possible to make a big hit as late as possible to make it to the top of the table.

Please add to this if you feel XP players should/shouldn't be able to do something so we can try to come up with a way to balance out XP again.

I'm in the process of compiling a calculator where we can go and test new formulae, this calculator will be based on results from both r45-54 and r55-now (pre and post MC era).

I've allready composed 1 formula that at least takes care of #3, but want to gather a bit more input before I wanna publish my 'solutions'. I will open up both the calculator and my formulae in a couple of days so that we can hopefully approach appoco with the improved formulae before the beta for next round
i dont agree with #4

more important then fix xp is fix value way of play. look like u guys cant understand that score is all about xp AND value.
value is broken for several rounds and no1 complain about it.
round 60 should bring something new, and nice, to refresh the gameplay and try to get more players on board.
Unread 29 Nov 2014, 14:07   #146
Zeke

Zeke is on a distinguished road

I think Xp sucks with ST stats, which are shitty this round, I mean look at 5.9.11, has barely any ships, still can roid easily throughout top100 xan xplers and make planet rank #1 without much effort starting 2 weeks to end.. In general this late starting thing is more and more attractive, you have 5 weeks less to play and still can make it top 10 easily with these xp stats.. :/ shouldnt be possible imo..
Zeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Nov 2014, 14:25   #147
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Ok, so i guess we're all pretty much in agreement that the current XP formula in combination with MC's is borked.
Everyone agrees that XP formula + MCs + Current stats = OP. Whether XP formula + MCs = OP is unproven, and is the topic that is hotly contested in this very thread.
Unread 29 Nov 2014, 18:01   #148
Atilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
i dont agree with #4

more important then fix xp is fix value way of play. look like u guys cant understand that score is all about xp AND value.
value is broken for several rounds and no1 complain about it.
round 60 should bring something new, and nice, to refresh the gameplay and try to get more players on board.
please stop being silly. this has been gone through so many times.
Unread 29 Nov 2014, 18:04   #149
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

It's the only way Joseph knows how to play. If they changed the XP formula then he'll probably quit, as he's too lazy to play properly.

If we have another consecutive round like this one, I can see the numbers drastically reducing, as this is the sort of round for the trolls and tags like the Brazilian crew, which let's be honest is a very small minority compared to the majority of players who play properly.
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Nov 2014, 18:54   #150
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clouds View Post
It's the only way Joseph knows how to play. If they changed the XP formula then he'll probably quit, as he's too lazy to play properly.

If we have another consecutive round like this one, I can see the numbers drastically reducing, as this is the sort of round for the trolls and tags like the Brazilian crew, which let's be honest is a very small minority compared to the majority of players who play properly.
define properly please