User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 16 Sep 2010, 21:15   #201
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Mehh

You can set your signature here.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Sep 2010, 21:44   #202
Buddah
Knight of Ni!

Buddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny View Post

-Dimentus from Osi pm'd me to say DZ had asked for their help in hitting NFI, but they weren't sure what they were gonna do yet. I did not ask for Osi's help, I just said "well, let me know which way you're gonna go on this". The forum thread Osi posted last night was mine and DZ's answer.
Wrong!

We decided fully on our own that part, you DZ and Dimentus didnt even have a say
Buddah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Sep 2010, 01:18   #203
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddah View Post
Wrong!

We decided fully on our own that part, you DZ and Dimentus didnt even have a say
Where was he wrong (in this case), exactly?
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Sep 2010, 03:36   #204
Buddah
Knight of Ni!

Buddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrikc View Post
Where was he wrong (in this case), exactly?
well technically he wasnt wrong, but it wasnt an answer to him or to dz.
Buddah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Sep 2010, 04:17   #205
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

It certainly did answer my question, irrespective of whether it was meant as a message specifically for me.
Unread 17 Sep 2010, 08:46   #206
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
This is a bad joke right? You strongly disapproved of their playing style! Oh my god someone call UN human rights commission! If they didn't break any agreements they've played an honest round. Christ ****ing knows what honourable might mean in pa either. I might as well accuse you of being dishonourable for assembling an overwhelming force initially.
Intention to break an agreement is equally bad. Killing someone or attempting to kill someone ... yes there's a degree in severity but both are considered crimes. So if you contact other alliances and negotiate a deal that would end your already established agreement, then you've not played an honest round.

That is ofcourse the definition. Question is ... is this applicable in a game that encourages players and alliances to do whatever is needed to secure victory. That's a whole different story. I for one think backstabbing is fine. It's not ethical nor does it create friends, but it could serve the purpose which is what matters to me.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Sep 2010, 09:25   #207
rUl3r

rUl3r has a spectacular aura aboutrUl3r has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran View Post
Intention to break an agreement is equally bad. Killing someone or attempting to kill someone ... yes there's a degree in severity but both are considered crimes. So if you contact other alliances and negotiate a deal that would end your already established agreement, then you've not played an honest round.

That is ofcourse the definition. Question is ... is this applicable in a game that encourages players and alliances to do whatever is needed to secure victory. That's a whole different story. I for one think backstabbing is fine. It's not ethical nor does it create friends, but it could serve the purpose which is what matters to me.

Actually I donīt think you can be sued for saying "I want to kill you", at least Iīm pretty sure thatīs not possible in germany.

As to the whole backstabbing thing: I think itīs a matter of personal choice.
However, the point that has been made before is the fact NFI (Kenny) made big words about how they certainly wouldnīt do exactly what theyīve done. Thatīs pretty much all this is about, maybe add the hypocrisy of saying "weīre going to make this interesting" while securing fresh NAPs to ensure it wonīt be too interesting in the end.

I for one donīt give a fck about this move, apart from laughing about ND for being at the pointy end of the stick without the support they could have gotten earlier in the round.
rUl3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Sep 2010, 10:03   #208
Marka
xVx

Marka is just really niceMarka is just really niceMarka is just really niceMarka is just really niceMarka is just really nice

So I think we can safely say now that there is no more flagshipping going on since this war started. Top planets on both sides are lol-waved by junior-partners and will lose roids and constructions en masse. Predictions are that it will be a rather crap week for T10 planets.
Since I accused NFI of doing this solely to get planet win I will have to take this one back and apologize for it.
As for the actual reasoning behind it, I am still lost.
Anyway - looking forward to some nice breps this last week and the considerable roid donation from ND and NFI to the rest of the universe.
Unread 17 Sep 2010, 10:12   #209
berten
respect, unity, order

berten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marka View Post
Anyway - looking forward to some nice breps this last week and the considerable roid donation from ND and NFI to the rest of the universe.
As long as ND looses more then us i'll be happy
Unread 17 Sep 2010, 10:12   #210
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rUl3r View Post
Actually I donīt think you can be sued for saying "I want to kill you", at least Iīm pretty sure thatīs not possible in germany.
I actually ment that if you prepare for a murder but were unable to perform it because they captured you before.

Quote:
However, the point that has been made before is the fact NFI (Kenny) made big words about how they certainly wouldnīt do exactly what theyīve done. Thatīs pretty much all this is about, maybe add the hypocrisy of saying "weīre going to make this interesting" while securing fresh NAPs to ensure it wonīt be too interesting in the end.

I for one donīt give a fck about this move, apart from laughing about ND for being at the pointy end of the stick without the support they could have gotten earlier in the round.
Yeah. Like I said, nothing shady about backstabbing or deceiving your allies in a game like this (I'm sure others will oppose to this statement). In the end, most alliances and planets are opportunists and will do what's best for their alliance or planet. Some will go through a greater deal to reach it then others.

And yes, nothing but joy seeing ND getting bashed but ok, I'm biased there

FA Gaming community

Unread 17 Sep 2010, 11:00   #211
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Yeah, I'll hold my hands up to that every time. I said one thing, and now it looks though I've just gone back on my word which yes - is a very shit thing to do.

I guess the way I justify it is the same way I justify not adding every Tom, Dick and Harry to my facebook friends list (or delete people I don't speak to anymore). There comes a point at which a friendship is dead due to either a disagreement or simply growing apart. Or, certain relationships were developed purely out of proximity or convenience; there comes a point where lack of substance or the bond holding people together is no longer applicable.

This is very much the case with NewDawn. What started off as a relationship built out of mutual interest/proximity (much of which is down to the RL friendship of Amon/LordN/Tzu) - it was never a 'friendship' (if words like honour aren't applicable in a game like this, then 'friendship' is certainly another term vastly overused and should be off the table also) - and it descended into that of little substance. When NewDawn nap'd Asc, there was no more working together, all we had were two alliances who couldn't hit each other based on an arbitrary agreement made earlier on in the round.

There are several people in NewDawn who I do like. I'm fond of Catwoman, and I like Amon too. There are serveral people in the playerbase of NewDawn I like also, but nobody else I'd consider anything like a 'friend' (except for shows-up-every-once-in-a-while-damo8). I certainly wouldn't say that towards the end of our 'relationship' we were even on 'friendly' terms (by definition). We were simply two alliances acting independantly of each other who personally I'd fallen out with due to arguments concerning DZ's attitude. But yeah, even when arguing with him I found myself drawn into behaving like a petty twat. On the few occasions I tried genuine debate I was stonewalled and so out of frustration I let my tongue run away with itself, as it were. I have since apologised to DZ for this (despite still thinking he's a muppet), but was met with abuse for that too, so have since given up talking to him. I don't think either of us came off particularly well in any of those logs.

Politics in Planetarion should be allowed to remain fluid. My single regret in all of this was my original "we will never go back on our word" claim. In fact no, it was probably my naivity in suggesting that we should make an agreement that will last irrespective of circumstance. Oh well, lesson learned etc. In terms of the decision to end the NAP agreement with NewDawn I stand by that, and would repeat the decision again and again. In terms of how people should 'judge' me, then yeah - I guess some people will see things in black and white and believe that I can't be trusted, but hey. It's just a game; hardly any of you actually mean anything to me, and whether you trust me to keep a non-agressive pact in a web-browser game certainly isn't going to affect whether or not my contract at work is renewed in 3 weeks time (although, spending time writing this instead of actually working might).

It's all down to a matter of perspective, I guess. People in NewDawn certainly appear to feel like I can't be trusted. If you ask the guys I'm working with in Conspiracy (and with whom I have a far stronger relationship than that of the NFI/ND one) they may have a completely different take. Who knows. Anyway, I've said my piece, admitted I have acted hypocritcally; I have nothing further to say on the matter.

Maybe see you at the EORC!

[/Kenny]
Unread 17 Sep 2010, 12:25   #212
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
I guess some people will see things in black and white and believe that I can't be trusted, but hey. It's just a game;
[/Kenny]
Heh, that's AD. It's full of hypocrits, uninformed or ignorant posters who will jump the bandwagon for their personal gain or to increase their popularity. It has been like that back in the days I played and got abused on AD (much more like you're receiving right now) for rounds non stop due to what my alliance did.

Ofcourse you also have the rather rare quality poster who is able remain objective but I guess we've all been drawn into acting one of the above.

I mean, if I was ND I'd probably act the same and I'd give you a hard time aswell. Like many, I'd shoot the messenger (while everyone, including ND, knows that you're just 1 of the HC's but you just appear to be the one making the statement). If I was NFI, I'd try to defend and justify the decision aswell.

There is no right or wrong really. It's about perception and how you act on it.

And well, most players are opportunists. They'll treat you like scum now but next time they need you or your alliance you'll be best friends again

You've said what you wanted to say, Kenny. No point in wasting effort and time replying to the ignorants yelling at you.

FA Gaming community

Unread 17 Sep 2010, 13:23   #213
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

This is vague relativist bullshit. Oh it's only a game lol. I'm sure you wouldn't say that if half of your alliance revealed they'd had a round long plot to **** you over and left the alliance to join apprime or something. As for kj's ramblings about how nothing is actually true and everyone's the same blah blah blah don't be an idiot. Everything is not the same. Despite the fact everyone may argue their piece there is an actual sequence of events which occurred. Just because everyone has different views of it, and maybe nobody has the whole view, does not mean that one doesn't exist. I can't come in and start blaming rock for this situation because I'd be wrong. It doesn't matter if that's my opinion it's still ****ing wrong.
Unread 17 Sep 2010, 13:41   #214
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
As for kj's ramblings about how nothing is actually true and everyone's the same blah blah blah don't be an idiot. Everything is not the same.
I'm amazed and impressed that you manage to conclude this from my reply. Especially since that wasn't what i said.

I said that this is typical AD behavior. Now everyone is yelling and crying like a baby over it but next time an alliance needs NFI then they'll act all nice and friendly --> hence my point that alliances and players are opportunists (most of them).

I also said everyone has been in the position on AD where he had to defend himself or his alliance. But also in the position where you have a full frontal attack vs someone else or another alliance --> Hence the hypocrite part.

AD is heaving for the ill-informed. I mean, nobody can deny that AD is a PR platform where you try to convince your fellow gamers. --> Hence the uninformed or ignorant. Alot of people base their opinion on heresay or something someone claims on AD ...

Nway, I cba to argue if you fail to understand what I meant. Then again, I'm not surprised you did.

FA Gaming community

Unread 17 Sep 2010, 13:46   #215
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

So your argument is that this is the way it's been so why even bother considering changing it? Good stuff. At least your alliance isn't still playing PA these days, god knows they'd probably have NAPed NFI as well.

Edite: As the above post felt a bit harsh and it's a friday I'm going to take this opportunity to encourage you all to follow AndrewWK on twitter. PARTY!
Unread 17 Sep 2010, 14:01   #216
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
So your argument is that this is the way it's been so why even bother considering changing it? Good stuff. At least your alliance isn't still playing PA these days, god knows they'd probably have NAPed NFI as well.

Edite: As the above post felt a bit harsh and it's a friday I'm going to take this opportunity to encourage you all to follow AndrewWK on twitter. PARTY!
Lol no, I'm merely pointing at the hypocricy of some posters who are now burning Kenny but most likely would have done exactly the same in his position. And visa versa ...

Why you needed to drag my old alliance into discussion, only god knows. Probably because you decided to make it abit more persnonal in an attempt to insult or provoke me. Which is your fair right but well, I could say it doesn't suit your style but perhaps it is exactly what defines your style.

I would have ended the nap aswell with FAnG, yes. I'd even do it just to get the #1 planet aswell. If my alliance still played, it'd be a good thing as you got something to focus all your anger and frustration at. But lord forbid us from actually admitting that on AD!!! Because any person genuinly claiming he's glad a pre-pax alliance isn't playing anymore, proves his utter lack of intelligence.

Nway, like you said. Good stuff, please continue.

FA Gaming community

Unread 17 Sep 2010, 14:08   #217
Shev
So what?

Shev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran View Post
Lol no, I'm merely pointing at the hypocricy of some posters who are now burning Kenny but most likely would have done exactly the same in his position. And visa versa ...
Most of us burning him are doing so because he provided his own ammunition in the form of bold statements. He's even admitted this himself, so you should really try reading his posts as well as ours more carefully. It's got nothing to do with his actual actions, which - whether you agree with them or not - have successfully moved NFI into an even stronger position.

[RaH] [Mercenaries]

Last edited by Shev; 17 Sep 2010 at 14:47.
Shev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Sep 2010, 14:11   #218
LordNieminen
Finn.. who's drunk.

LordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of light

I tbh don't care whatever reasons NFI HC give for the breaking the nap.

Only valid reason would have been the ND:es renewal of ASC nap without our aproval. I gues no-one actually in ND or NFI talked about this as they overlooked the long term effects.

Anyways this "war" is going to be MAD anyways, roid donations to everyone else but ND and NFI as a last gift and prolly giving few pranks in top100 to the defeated enemies of earlier round. Told this to tzu the day when i heard they had announced the break up of NAP with ND. Hell I bet munkee is still alive.. even if he was last standing ascendancy fort planet when I left.

One for my I told you stories.. told amon when I decided to step out from PA due to too much interferance from my fellow HC's as they want to shine as great leaders. That they will **** up somehow when I'm gone.. and they did.

We had clear shot to get over 130k roids to NFI tag, with all enemy alliances around 50k.. Who the hell cares about top1 planet... I don't, as anyone can gain it.. and anyone can loose it if someone has enough will to break it.

Never worth the war to fight about pranks, Anyways enjoy the mess what you people caused and the extra stress in DC:ing in both ND and NFI what was obvious outcome from this foolishness.
r9.5: Top60(small playerbase=easy)
Few won R's in PIA, r26 top15 First/Last Pax round.
[OLMIT] / [TreKronor]
10 lines max for signature I heard.. so
LordNieminen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Sep 2010, 14:27   #219
t3k
The Video Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordNieminen View Post
I tbh don't care whatever reasons NFI HC give for the breaking the nap.

Only valid reason would have been the ND:es renewal of ASC nap without our aproval. I gues no-one actually in ND or NFI talked about this as they overlooked the long term effects.

Anyways this "war" is going to be MAD anyways, roid donations to everyone else but ND and NFI as a last gift and prolly giving few pranks in top100 to the defeated enemies of earlier round. Told this to tzu the day when i heard they had announced the break up of NAP with ND. Hell I bet munkee is still alive.. even if he was last standing ascendancy fort planet when I left.

One for my I told you stories.. told amon when I decided to step out from PA due to too much interferance from my fellow HC's as they want to shine as great leaders. That they will **** up somehow when I'm gone.. and they did.

We had clear shot to get over 130k roids to NFI tag, with all enemy alliances around 50k.. Who the hell cares about top1 planet... I don't, as anyone can gain it.. and anyone can loose it if someone has enough will to break it.

Never worth the war to fight about pranks, Anyways enjoy the mess what you people caused and the extra stress in DC:ing in both ND and NFI what was obvious outcome from this foolishness.
Your only failing this round was thinking NFI was entirely your alliance to do with as you chose. Asides from that, you were a great recruit. I appreciate everything you did and understand your reasons for stepping down.

I wouldn't equate not reaching your goals as "f**king up" though.
Unread 17 Sep 2010, 14:31   #220
zebra
h3ll's angels

zebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to behold

Why hasn't Sun_Tzu shared any text in this thread?
[18:04] * h3ll has quit IRC (Ping timeout)
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Sep 2010, 14:45   #221
t3k
The Video Guy

He also thinks I'm a twat but doesn't want to say it publicly because he's a mate.

Basically I suffer from the same lack of experience as HC as anyone who's 'taken up the role' in the last 10-15 rounds. I've missed a lot of tricks this round, and couldn't possibly hope to have the same kind of round-long military perspective as the likes of tzu/lordn or even cardi and such ilk. I'm basically only in this for the metagame; actual gameplay interests me very little. My 'style' of HC'ing is ignorant of statistics (which don't interest me) and couldn't run a long-term war if I tried.

There are very few people who are HCs now that could have lead an alliance 20 or 30 rounds ago, and I don't claim to be one of them. What I am is very fortunate to play in a game whereby anyone truly competent has f**ked off and allowed for newschool giants like myself to step into the void and bring a different, inferior kind of gameplay to the table.

For all my weaknesses though, I have different strengths. My organisational skills are pretty hot (I'd have maybe made a good admin HC back in the day, so long as I kept out of anything more serious) and my ability to read people is also fairly strong. I have a reasonable understanding of politics too, which in the current game environment is, I feel, just as useful as knowing how to do military properly.

LordN quit after an argument with myself over a couple of things. And the decision to end the nap with newdawn obviously wouldn't have sat well with his oldschool gameplan (as he's suggested). Our 'styles' simply clashed, which is to be expected. As much as I'd have failed as an HC 20-30 rounds ago, I'm evidently competent enough to HC today. And yes, I'm fully aware that says more about how crap the game is than how good I am :P

Tzu will be able to explain all this and my/other newschool HC failings in much more detail, but atm he's keeping his mouth shut because he's worried he'd offend me if he went public with what he thought about the whole situation.

And I love him for it! <3
Unread 17 Sep 2010, 14:47   #222
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold

Sounds like an excuse to log in again!

funny watching all the monkeys running around arguing over bananas if anyone needs ETD BS teamup im busy playing Halo Reach :crymeariver:
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Sep 2010, 16:14   #223
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
He also thinks I'm a twat.
*Could Everyone form an orderly queue... no pushing or jumping place, thank you*
No wonder you made him look like a liar. Sun_Tzu is not daft and would have been a great HC mentor to you If you listen to him.

Quote:
Basically I suffer from the same lack of experience as HC as anyone who's 'taken up the role' in the last 10-15 rounds. I've missed a lot of tricks this round, and couldn't possibly hope to have the same kind of round-long military perspective as the likes of tzu/lordn or even cardi and such ilk. I'm basically only in this for the metagame; actual gameplay interests me very little. My 'style' of HC'ing is ignorant of statistics (which don't interest me) and couldn't run a long-term war if I tried.
In fairness admitting your faults does take a bit of balls. Fair play, No flamming nessesary. I would also like to say Your HR/Member managements skills this round are far superior to CarDi this round. Sacking most of the orbit boys was just plain ****ing dumb Apprime.

Quote:
There are very few people who are HCs now that could have lead an alliance 20 or 30 rounds ago, and I don't claim to be one of them. What I am is very fortunate to play in a game whereby anyone truly competent has f**ked off and allowed for newschool giants like myself to step into the void and bring a different, inferior kind of gameplay to the table.

For all my weaknesses though, I have different strengths. My organisational skills are pretty hot (I'd have maybe made a good admin HC back in the day, so long as I kept out of anything more serious) and my ability to read people is also fairly strong. I have a reasonable understanding of politics too, which in the current game environment is, I feel, just as useful as knowing how to do military properly.

LordN quit after an argument with myself over a couple of things. And the decision to end the nap with newdawn obviously wouldn't have sat well with his oldschool gameplan (as he's suggested). Our 'styles' simply clashed, which is to be expected. As much as I'd have failed as an HC 20-30 rounds ago, I'm evidently competent enough to HC today. And yes, I'm fully aware that says more about how crap the game is than how good I am :P

Tzu will be able to explain all this and my/other newschool HC failings in much more detail, but atm he's keeping his mouth shut because he's worried he'd offend me if he went public with what he thought about the whole situation.

I am going to be rather frank...
Sun_Tzu and lordn are 2 clued up Seasoned Veterans and have Superior Military/command and Politics skills than yourself.

No "oldskool/newskool" bullsh*t is required.

You basically told Sun_tzu / Lordn **** yous two I know better. When this round would have been a good oppourtunity to get time served (or at least on the way) in HCing... not 1 but 2 fine mentors to get you on the way.

The problem with breaking your word is You can end up in the same predictament as apprime. Where if they are in a dominent postion there will be a counterblock against them... They Go from being a "superpower" ally to a flak ally.
Unread 17 Sep 2010, 16:36   #224
Foxman

Foxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really nice

tbh kenny, your an idiot, not a twat
Foxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Sep 2010, 16:41   #225
t3k
The Video Guy

Paisley, how many times do you need to be told that the end of the ND nap wasn't solely my doing? I didn't "go against" anybody. LordN had already taken a step back and EVERYONE ELSE agreed to ending the ND nap, up to and including Sun_Tzu. And, btw, LordN lacks the communication skills to be left in charge of politics. Otherwise it'd be very much a "fk you, I'll kill you all" policy we adopted.

I didn't say "**** you two, I know better" in any sense of the word. Yes, I wanted to end the nap and have a bash at NewDawn a lot sooner than it actually happened, but as I tried to explain to DZ just because I wanted to do something, doesn't mean I was going to do it. First and foremost I have far too much respect for everyone I'm working with this round (especially tzu/lordn) to do something against their wishes. I'm not selfish enough to act without having the backing of the people I'm (still) working with first.
Unread 17 Sep 2010, 16:53   #226
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
I didn't say "**** you two, I know better" in any sense of the word. Yes, I wanted to end the nap and have a bash at NewDawn a lot sooner than it actually happened, but as I tried to explain to DZ just because I wanted to do something, doesn't mean I was going to do it.
Are you ****in stupid??? Isnt this the whole premise on why you attacked newdawn??? I mean the logs with DZ seem to be exactly what you describe, 'oh i wanna do something, doesnt mean I will' etc etc

Jesus you're an idiot, you really are.
Unread 17 Sep 2010, 17:36   #227
Foxman

Foxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alki View Post
Are you ****in stupid??? Isnt this the whole premise on why you attacked newdawn??? I mean the logs with DZ seem to be exactly what you describe, 'oh i wanna do something, doesnt mean I will' etc etc

told u so
Foxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Sep 2010, 17:41   #228
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

My response to Kenny's thread is purely on the content that Kenny submitted and not in response to any other post belonging to this thread. I can't be bothered to read 4 pages of whining and moaning.

I would firstly like to thank the NFI command for ending it's NAP with NewDawn.

I returned to the game in to a boring round. The top two alliance's had a no attack agreement and NewDawn had an agreement with ASCENDANCY also.

As I saw it, the majority of the universe would'nt hit ND or NFI due to politics.

It had been rumoured that NewDawn had napped the whole universe to avoid wars and/or incoming in previous rounds. It was NewDawn's strategy (in my opinion) to nap both NFI and ASCENDANCY to reduce the amount of incoming they would receive.

I would like to add that NewDawn is one of the oldest alliance's, they're still a top alliance and I would like to congratulate them on their success.

Now the nap has ended, maybe we can do some serious roiding!

Now on to CT. Because of their agreement with NFI, the universe decided to target them as punishment. They were receiving around 400 fleets per night. CT in my opinion had it bad for the majority of the round and depite the amount of hostiles they had, the members in CT weren't demoralised. They kept fighting.

About Phant. Phant (in my opinion) deserves to win the round, purely on the fact he's had to fight throughout the round without offensive support. My knowledge is that NFI are FR/DE based and Phant attacks with CO only, so he hasn't had much support from his alliance in terms of escortation, whereas NewDawn's number one has.

I would like to finish my post by wishing the top three planets with the very best of luck.

Feel free to moan and whine.

Clouds out.
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Sep 2010, 20:29   #229
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The lessons from this thread are fairly simple, don't make promises you can't keep and don't try to justify your actions in light of those promises when you eventually get round to breaking them.

This is pretty much the worst place for doing that. The real smart one in all this is Sun_Tzu, who has done the right thing staying out of it - he knows he can't win here. Fundamentally, his alliance is going to win PA so he can be pretty satisfied so long as he resists the temptation to read this thread.
Unread 17 Sep 2010, 23:02   #230
ATRO

ATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clouds View Post
Now on to CT. Because of their agreement with NFI, the universe decided to target them as punishment. They were receiving around 400 fleets per night. CT in my opinion had it bad for the majority of the round and depite the amount of hostiles they had, the members in CT weren't demoralised. They kept fighting.
CT had nowhere near 400 fleets per night. I was present in the attack channel and we were generally hitting 3-4 CT planets per night and I would imagine throwing somewhere in the region of 80-100 fleets at them. They had it bad for maybe a week and they didn't fight in the slightest, they "had no night DC" and basically left the hostiles to land largely unopposed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clouds View Post
About Phant. Phant (in my opinion) deserves to win the round, purely on the fact he's had to fight throughout the round without offensive support. My knowledge is that NFI are FR/DE based and Phant attacks with CO only, so he hasn't had much support from his alliance in terms of escortation, whereas NewDawn's number one has.
I should probably retract my response after reading this as you are obviously deluded, ask some of his targets for their incoming reports and subsequent recalls when clean through.
ATRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Sep 2010, 00:51   #231
Firebird

Quote:
are far superior to CarDi this round. Sacking most of the orbit boys was just plain ****ing dumb Apprime.
Grow up all i hear from you is moaning!!! Has carDi touched you or summit???

As to the orbit removal we removed one selfish player. The majority decided to follow suit not such a dumb move i would rather have 5 planets working together than 80 doing there own thing.
Unread 18 Sep 2010, 07:02   #232
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
Grow up all i hear from you is moaning!!! Has carDi touched you or summit???

As to the orbit removal we removed one selfish player. The majority decided to follow suit not such a dumb move i would rather have 5 planets working together than 80 doing there own thing.
You obviously cant count one of the app HCs kicked masta_mark and crazydude from tag... due to your/carDi member mismanagement the rest gave you the 2 fingered salute.

end result was due to App being dumb .... Your ally now is a laughing stock
Unread 18 Sep 2010, 08:23   #233
CrazyDude

CrazyDude is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
You obviously cant count one of the app HCs kicked masta_mark and crazydude from tag... due to your/carDi member mismanagement the rest gave you the 2 fingered salute.

end result was due to App being dumb .... Your ally now is a laughing stock
Thats correct apart from the others walking as well, none of the others left apprime untill Becky was kicked for as far as im aware for joining me on an attack on a non hostile planet ( but not 100% sure on the reasons for kicking Becky ).
CrazyDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Sep 2010, 08:33   #234
Munkee
Dictator

Munkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to behold

clouds can take the award for the most stupidest post in this thread and to be honest delusional is a massive understatement but well done at the best you brought humour to the discussion
Munkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Sep 2010, 10:28   #235
Firebird

Paisley i will think you will find the bashing your taking now was created by that laughing stock. As to you Crazydude you pm'd me and said you were leaving after masta was booted i do apologise i forgot about Becky wasn't around at that point but considering she is your best friend in pa and she was attacking with you rather than app well figure the rest out i would suggest.
Unread 18 Sep 2010, 10:34   #236
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDude View Post
Thats correct apart from the others walking as well, none of the others left apprime untill Becky was kicked for as far as im aware for joining me on an attack on a non hostile planet ( but not 100% sure on the reasons for kicking Becky ).
Let me see if i get this right. You are told to only attack hostile planets, but you decide to farm someone easier and you get chucked out? I think you misunderstand the ideology behind Apprime. You are worthless to the alliance if you do not pull in the same direction, even if your planet is #1 in the universe.
HaNzI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Sep 2010, 14:11   #237
MaVeRiXX
PornStar

MaVeRiXX is infamous around these parts

Oh Cut the Crap Snake and just say your a unloyal backstabbing twat

'For all my weaknesses though, I have different strengths. My organisational skills are pretty hot (I'd have maybe made a good admin HC back in the day, so long as I kept out of anything more serious) and my ability to read people is also fairly strong. I have a reasonable understanding of politics too, which in the current game environment is, I feel, just as useful as knowing how to do military properly.'<--------------HAHAHA WHAT A BULLSHIT CRAPPY SNAKE TALK, SHORT VERSION = I KNOW HOW TO BACKSTAB PEOPLE!

Quote:
He also thinks I'm a twat but doesn't want to say it publicly because he's a mate.

Soaring where Angels fear to Fly
MaVeRiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Sep 2010, 14:15   #238
MaVeRiXX
PornStar

Good lesson for everyone in the future, never ever trust this Snake again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alki View Post

Unread 18 Sep 2010, 19:32   #239
berten
respect, unity, order

berten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaVeRiXX View Post
...snake...snake...Snake!!!
A bit bitter are we? Nice fc tough
Unread 18 Sep 2010, 22:48   #240
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Can someone with a bit of brains please summarize this whole crap for me?
This excludes kenny, anyone from ND or CT or anyone not in Asc or without Asc history. This does include Rob, AlbinoSquirrel, Biggdogg, Grendel, Lantador, Sid or Cryptic. Tzu is also allowed.

Thank you.
Unread 18 Sep 2010, 23:15   #241
MaVeRiXX
PornStar

LOL i dont care bout my planet, never did for your information. You FCed the wrong one

Quote:
Originally Posted by berten View Post
A bit bitter are we? Nice fc tough

Unread 19 Sep 2010, 00:55   #242
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATRO View Post
CT had nowhere near 400 fleets per night. I was present in the attack channel and we were generally hitting 3-4 CT planets per night and I would imagine throwing somewhere in the region of 80-100 fleets at them. They had it bad for maybe a week and they didn't fight in the slightest, they "had no night DC" and basically left the hostiles to land largely unopposed.

I should probably retract my response after reading this as you are obviously deluded, ask some of his targets for their incoming reports and subsequent recalls when clean through.
we had closer to the neighborhood of 175-250 on average, certainly enough to demoralize our members over a period of time.... the recent week or two in particular we've been in the neighborhood of 200+ per evening... just sayin.... I'll say one thing for this group of players... I'm proud to cxome back to the alliance we built 18 rounds ago and see these kids, and adults fighting to the last tick.... this weekend being no exception, and their gumption, enough to make an old man proud to lead them.

as for my contact with NFI personally, and Kenny particularly.. he's been a friend for a while, which is why I tried to stay out of the day to day political interaction, allowing for a more unbiased approach as an HC member of my alliance.... I'll say this for him, in his admittedly inexperienced role as his alliance's HC, he's led them to a round win..... so he's doing something right
Unread 19 Sep 2010, 01:21   #243
MaVeRiXX
PornStar

Pfff Roundwin they already had Duckieman, long before Kenny decided to backstab us.

Try another shoot...You must be soooo Proud...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNgRyDuCk View Post
we had closer to the neighborhood of 175-250 on average, certainly enough to demoralize our members over a period of time.... the recent week or two in particular we've been in the neighborhood of 200+ per evening... just sayin.... I'll say one thing for this group of players... I'm proud to cxome back to the alliance we built 18 rounds ago and see these kids, and adults fighting to the last tick.... this weekend being no exception, and their gumption, enough to make an old man proud to lead them.

as for my contact with NFI personally, and Kenny particularly.. he's been a friend for a while, which is why I tried to stay out of the day to day political interaction, allowing for a more unbiased approach as an HC member of my alliance.... I'll say this for him, in his admittedly inexperienced role as his alliance's HC, he's led them to a round win..... so he's doing something right

Unread 19 Sep 2010, 01:36   #244
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

well you had what a 20 mil deficit going into Friday? where is it now?...... that's going to motivate your members when you have an effect like that on things, certainly nice as a commander to see your people respond positively...

funny what people consider "backstabbing" these days...
Unread 19 Sep 2010, 03:41   #245
zebra
h3ll's angels

zebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNgRyDuCk View Post
funny what people consider "backstabbing" these days...
Multiple HCs promising multiple times that they wouldn't break NAP, and then breaking it anyways?
[18:04] * h3ll has quit IRC (Ping timeout)
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2010, 04:47   #246
snoops^
p1mp

snoops^ has a spectacular aura aboutsnoops^ has a spectacular aura aboutsnoops^ has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNzI View Post
Let me see if i get this right. You are told to only attack hostile planets, but you decide to farm someone easier and you get chucked out? I think you misunderstand the ideology behind Apprime. You are worthless to the alliance if you do not pull in the same direction, even if your planet is #1 in the universe.
maybe you should come out of retirement and fix this mess

ReBorn-Fury-Wolfpack-1up-Newdawn-DLR-NFI-Apprime-

*CEO of the Forest fan club
snoops^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2010, 07:02   #247
Rikard
Rebellion Rebelleader

Rikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaVeRiXX View Post
LOL i dont care bout my planet, never did for your information. You FCed the wrong one
We dont care about your planet either. Just about the score ND lost in FC.

<zhil|reportwrit> Rikard - I dont know you
<zhil|reportwrit> so you're insignificant

eXilition - LCH - Destiny - Conspiracy - Night Witches - eXcessum
Rikard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2010, 09:03   #248
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Theamion View Post
Can someone with a bit of brains please summarize this whole crap for me?
This excludes kenny, anyone from ND or CT or anyone not in Asc or without Asc history. This does include Rob, AlbinoSquirrel, Biggdogg, Grendel, Lantador, Sid or Cryptic. Tzu is also allowed.

Thank you.
Its Hardly fking rocket science
Unread 19 Sep 2010, 09:07   #249
Illuvatar
Mastermind

Illuvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the rough

lo Rikard

Community Leader
Illuvatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2010, 10:01   #250
MaVeRiXX
PornStar

Yet again u missed the clou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikard View Post
We dont care about your planet either. Just about the score ND lost in FC.