User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying

Unread 2 Aug 2004, 19:39   #101
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

Crazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to behold
Re: Dune

"More ships are landing"
"So the rumors are true then"
"So it seems."
"This could be bad. How many?"
"Two houses so far have made planet fall. The others seem to be a bit hesitant at the moment. Likely, they'll be landing soon."
"And there are the smugglers"
"Yes. Them aswell. Though, they shouldn't prove to be as big a problem as some of the houses"
"We'll see. Keep watch"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Slowly, a figure, almost invisible to an observer, made his way across the sands of Dune. He slowly flitted across the sands, making no pattern with his steps, as was natural for every Freman on the planet. Step, step, slid, stop. Slide, step, stop. Step, slide, step, step, stop. Slide. The lone man, stopped and looked up at the sky. The twin suns of Arrakis were setting. He took a suck on the reclaimed water in his still-suit, and then continued his journey towards the large rocks looming on the horizon.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Might add more later, if I can think of anything else. =/

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Ghetto Master Ellis says:
Heil Crazy!
Crazyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2004, 22:25   #102
Lakhim
Official Annoyance

Lakhim is on a distinguished road

Main Battle Tank - House Urbanica
Unit Type - Infantry
Base Resistance:
50% RE to Hi-Caliber and 50% RE to Missile based weapons
25% RE to Machine Gun, 25% RE to Lasguns (*flag* for Hewitt, does my house RE bonus apply here?) and 25% RE to Explosive based weapons
Armor - Extreme (+5 pts)
Speed - 0 km/h (Immobile in combat situations)
Weapon type - Lasgun [Range - Extreme (+5 pts)] [63 damage per shot (+7 pts)]
HP - 450 HP (10 pts)

Cost:
-7+7+5+5+10=20 pts

MBT cost (before house penalties): 500 credits
MBT cost: 625 credits per unit

Flavor text: In keeping with the tradition of keeping as many people out of the line of fire as possible, the MBT of House Urbanica is a heavily armed infantry man, capable of holding a position against all odds by himself, with backup, for a long period of time. Equiped with the latest in weapontry (A powerful 63 damage lasgun), heavy power armor and a special pack able to keep him supported in the field for an extended period of time (the HP), the MBT is at the height of technology at this point and time, if immobile during combat.
Know how I said I would be event DMing today? Well I was lying and instead decided to take the social life option. You'll get your DMings tomorrow, event-tually. Hohoho.
Lakhim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2004, 22:55   #103
Lakhim
Official Annoyance

Unique unit #1
Light Missile Infantry
Base Unit Type - Infantry (-7)
Resistance: 50% RE to Hi-Caliber and 100% RE to Missile based weapons (+10 pts)
25% RE to Machine Gun, 25% to Lasguns and 25% RE to Explosive based weapons
Armor: Light - 1 point
Weapon type: SA-7 Guided Missile Launcher (+10 pts, 90 damage)
Range: Short to Long (+2 pts)
HP: 135 (+3 pts)
Speed: 4 km/h (+2 pts)

Cost:
656 credits per unit

Flavor Text: With near invulnerability to attacks from the air and a aircraft killing SA-7 mobile missile launcher, the Light Missile Infantry is House Urbanica's answer to any airborn craft and many heavy tanks.
Know how I said I would be event DMing today? Well I was lying and instead decided to take the social life option. You'll get your DMings tomorrow, event-tually. Hohoho.
Unread 2 Aug 2004, 23:53   #104
KlavoHunter
RP cnut

KlavoHunter is an unknown quantity at this point

House Huntirius - Experienced, Scientific, Resiliant, Feudalisic society

(Bonuses)
+10% to unit FP
+60% to unit HP
+10% to unit SP
Research Facilities are 50% cheaper
Cost Penalty to lasgun weapons removed
+25% to Unit Resistance to all weapons
Buildings cost 10% more
Units cost 5% more
Pyon villages produce +25% income
==============================

House Huntirius is somewhat of an abberration among the Great Houses of the Landsraad. Rather than wasting time amongst political intrigues, they live for only one true thing - war. Your average House Huntirius member is a well-informed, well-educated human, who is perhaps even slower to a fight than usual. However, underneath is a well-trained warrior... A lethal cog in the war machine of House Huntirius. Not every person is neccessarily adept with fighting - indeed, there are plenty of people who would be utterly helpless in a brawl. But seated in front of a coordination or planning table, they could know exactly what would be best to annihilate an enemy.

House Huntirius' homeworld lends itself to a bizzare warfare doctrine consisting of superheavy air forces supplemented by heavy artillery. Technological innovation was quite prevalant in this area of warfare, as by nature the more advanced aircraft would be by far the superior in any engagement, and also a superiorly-targetted artillery piece would be more effective in counterbattery than one that was less guided. Weapons systems are almost a pasttime for House Huntirius' engineers, and new designs to meet rapidly changing warfare conditions are the norm. When the Dune Campaign came up, it was a good challange to Huntirius engineers to create a unique, above-average aerial unit. However, any heavy automation is frowned upon severely... An AI system is unheard of for them.

Leader (for purposes of the Dune Campaign) - Reaver-Prince James Hunter.

Main Rival - House Terminatus

Main Possible Ally - Smugglers

:eek: :eek:

Last edited by KlavoHunter; 3 Aug 2004 at 06:27.
KlavoHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 2004, 04:25   #105
Wo2
The Janitor!

Wo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to behold

Um... Last I check you weren't required to sohw everyone your uniqie units untill such a time that you unleashed them into battle. But thanks for the heads up to them!

of course, thanks to my secretive nature, I don't intened to until I have too. Which will be never! BWA-HAHAHA

Last edited by Wo2; 3 Aug 2004 at 04:36.
Wo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 2004, 05:00   #106
KlavoHunter
RP cnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wo2
Um... Last I check you weren't required to sohw everyone your uniqie units untill such a time that you unleashed them into battle. But thanks for the heads up to them!

of course, thanks to my secretive nature, I don't intened to until I have too. Which will be never! BWA-HAHAHA
Please don't take unfair advantage of me
Unread 3 Aug 2004, 05:03   #107
Lakhim
Official Annoyance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wo2

Ah, what good is it if I don't show them. This worm has teeth

Unread 3 Aug 2004, 05:13   #108
Wo2
The Janitor!

Wo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to behold

Don't Worry, KlavoHunter, You don't know me well enough If you think I'll take unfair advatage of anyone. You have my word that I won't, besides, my eyes are set on someone diffrent, so you needen't worry, yet.

Well Lakhim you may have teeth, But i'm a dentist, and they need to be removed. and I've got just the toys to do it with.
Unread 3 Aug 2004, 05:48   #109
KlavoHunter
RP cnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wo2
Don't Worry, KlavoHunter, You don't know me well enough If you think I'll take unfair advatage of anyone. You have my word that I won't, besides, my eyes are set on someone diffrent, so you needen't worry, yet.

Well Lakhim you may have teeth, But i'm a dentist, and they need to be removed. and I've got just the toys to do it with.
Trust No One
Unread 3 Aug 2004, 05:49   #110
Lakhim
Official Annoyance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wo2

Love you too Wo2.
Unread 3 Aug 2004, 07:48   #111
KlavoHunter
RP cnut

House Huntirius - Turn 1
Experienced, Scientific, Resiliant, Feudalisic society
+10% to unit FP
+60% to unit HP
+10% to unit SP
Research Facilities are 50% cheaper
+25% to Unit Resistance to all weapons
Buildings cost 10% more
Units cost 5% more
Pyon villages produce +25% income

------------------------------

Starting Credits: 10000c
Income from last turn: 10000c

-No Entry Availible-

RP -

Reaver-Prince James paced the main deck of the House Huntirius flag frigate, seeing several other fellow Huntirius frigates in the Guild Heighliner's cavernous bay, along with various other traffic going from their homes to Arrakis. The Scya-Lord had decreed that he, James, would lead the Dune campaign, and if it weren't for the whole bloody set of restrictions the Emperor had placed on initially deployed forces, there'd be some serious Huntirian might on the ground already... but perhaps it was for the best... as some of the Greater Houses could deploy enough to make House Huntirius' forces look like ants next to a tiger. In fact, the only thing that kept the Greater Houses from preying on the Lesser Houses were the House Atomics that everyone had a stockpile of... enough of them to obliterate any house of the Landsraad.

Eschewing the possibility of bringing helpless civilians into the battle, James had not established his primary base in the heavily-citied areas of Arrakis... In fact, he looked down his nose at those who did. They were just there for the money brought in, along with the defenses afforded by the presence of civilians. What a disgrace!

At least, as any compensation, they'd sent with him the prototype Weapon Zero - perhaps the most well-equipped piece of machinery on Arrakis. And exactly what he'd be seating himself in as soon as they'd made planetfall for the initial expedition - why trust such a fine piece of machinery to anyone less skilled?

With a hiss of atmospheric equalization hours later, the Huntirius frigate opened its bays up and let out a small set of units... In fact, only three things came from the open bay - The Weapon Zero prototype, and a Carryall with an MCV slung underneath it.

Deployment went smoothly... reinforced concrete being laid over open sand, and the Construction Yard being deployed, followed in short order by the Wind Trap and Spice Refinery. Soon after, the frigates made a curly-que shuffle to confuse any possible watchers, and then roared off, taking an alternate route away so not to disclose the base's location.

Concrete was laid, and the first Barracks troopers emerged as the Yard began work on another Spice Refinery... the first Harvestor trundling out into the sand. Well, James had something in mind already.

"All Platoons deploy to the Carryall... we're taking a little trip." With that, he warmed up the Weapon Zero's engine-wings, starting them flapping next to the Carryall.

"The Botanical Testing Station to the north... that's where we're headed. God knows if the rumors of a spice cache are true." With that, the started the impressive aircraft forward, alongside the Carryall, eating the distance rapidly. Within minutes, they'd arrived, the Carryall touching down after James put his craft in a few circles around the building, visually checking for any possible ambush... and then the Light Infantry went in.

Last edited by KlavoHunter; 3 Aug 2004 at 23:30.
Unread 3 Aug 2004, 13:23   #112
Evil_Ginge
English Demon

Evil_Ginge has a little shameless behaviour in the past

hmm ok here we go

House Terminatus
Industrious, Resourceful, Xenophobic, Technocracy

+50% to Production limits
+25% to Harvester capacity
Base Defense turrets have double the normal hitpoints
All other structures receive +1 to AP
Buildings are immune to capture
+ 25% to unit FP

starting credits 15000

Main Drop zone, the base named now and forever more as

Outpost 17823

start with construction yard wind trap and refinery
Current buildings:

Construction Yard (1500 construction capacity) - starting
Upgrade - 1100

Wind Trap

Refinery + harvester

Construction

Construction yard:
Upgrade Construction yard - 1100
infantry barracks - 300

1400/1500 used

Current garrison

Carryall (1050)
9 Light Infantry (900)

RP -

Perturabo watched in silence as the structures were unfolded and the harvester with carryall were attached, the normal infantry showing no signs of their enhancements under their light armour. His bionic eye scouring the landscape as he turned around. The polar sink was an interesting place, cold compared to the rest of the planet, the bionic eye conducting that cold through his eye socket.

The mentat clunked his way over

"the constructions are finished sir, we just need a few more before we can start producing servicable combat drones"

Horseman of the Psy-Apocalypse - Pestilance, Head of Internal Affairs at the Psychic Academy

Proud owner of K8 Advanced AI Tia
Evil_Ginge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 2004, 18:08   #113
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold
Oh this is SO funneh...

ooc: Small world eh?

CONTACT

House Iruxas: Just as you are finishing inital deployment your actions are interrupted as a carryall baring the insignia of another house flies over your fledging base and the close by BTS. You watch it land somewhere beyond a nearby ridge - it is so close you can still hear the engine noise in the distance.

House Huntirius: You load up and then head out to the BTS to the north hoping to find perhaps a valuble cache of raided spice. Instead - to your surprise - as you approach the BTS you spot a bunch of men clustered around both the BTS as well as what looks like the beginnings of a base. You land the carryall behind a nearby ridge and begin deploying your troops........

"One hour of thinking is better than 70 years of divine service."
- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 2004, 23:14   #114
KlavoHunter
RP cnut

OOC: Talk about early-game knockout Mister SYNCHRONIZED!

IC:

James's eyes went a touch wide when he had come across the foundations of a base being built around the Botanical Testing Station - And this was no Fremen encampment. Another of the Great Houses had picked this spot ahead of time. Well, forewarned is forearmed, as they taught...

"Carryall 01, return to base immediately, and bring in Platoon 2. Take off on random vector, return on random vector. If there is to be a fight here already, I want decisive amounts of force to be brought in." he ordered, and he pumped his gunship's wings a few times hovering in a standard idle-evasive pattern over his infantry.

He checked his sensors, and sought out this Houses's Spice Harvestor - taking that out would surely be a blow which would take some recovering from... or even to hold it hostage in negotiations if need be. They were going to deal from a position of force. As soon as the Carryall arrived with the next 4 squads of Light Infantry, James turned on his mic and broadcast to a remotely-placed loudspeaker that one of his troops had set down in some rocks, invisible to the other House's base and forces.

"This is Reaver-Prince James Hunter, of House Huntirius. Identify yourselves and explain your actions, or there will be violence today."

==============
Orders -
-Retrieve my next 4 units of Light Infantry from base, and deploy them to my staging area - Use a random flightpath so he can't tell where I'm coming from

-Have 2 units of Light Infantry blockade the Iruxas Spice Harvestor. Do not destroy it, but prevent it from reaching base to deliver its cargo. We are going to hold it back from them until they agree with our demands.

-If the Harvestor resists too much, board and storm and kill the crew, and take it for our own, and fly it off with the Carryall. If the House Iruxas units or base begin attacking, do the same thing. If it cannot be captured, the Weapon Zero Gunship will blow it up with its Lasguns (a very capeble task, as Duke Leto threatened to blow up a Harvestor in the books/movies with a Ornithopter-mounted Lasgun, and this one is SO much bigger. )

- Use the magnification and such to see what they are doing with the Botanical Testing Station - I mean, IC, it looks suspicious, OOC, I know that he's moving in a Machine-Mind. :P

Last edited by KlavoHunter; 3 Aug 2004 at 23:28.
Unread 4 Aug 2004, 01:17   #115
Evil_Ginge
English Demon

RP:

*Perturabo looked back at his mentat*

"send out the caryall with the harvester, i want the spice to start flowing as soon as possible, send it to the nearest deposit"

Horseman of the Psy-Apocalypse - Pestilance, Head of Internal Affairs at the Psychic Academy

Unread 4 Aug 2004, 03:50   #116
Wo2
The Janitor!

[ooc] That doesn't mean I'm not up to negotiation you know. And just how did you get another 10000c income, that would be more around 700c I'm afriad, unless you went and took over half the villiages on the PLANET! Also, you still don't know That I am what I am, so you aren't allowed to say a thing to the outside world.[/ooc]

House Iruxas
Scientific, Xenophobic, Secretive, SYCRONISED
(-50% Research Facilities cost)
(No Lasgun cost penalty)
(Double turret HP)
(Base structures +1 HP)
(-50% success rate to hostile Covert Ops)
(Bases Hidden)
(Buildings Immune to Capture)
(+50% FP)

-Garrision
5x Light infantry
1x Trooper
-other are hidden units.

Base:
Cash-10000

Construction:
-Infantry Barrakcs -500c
-Light Facotry - 500c done -750c to go.

Orders:
-Establish communication with other house, Attempt to negotiate a truce and holder on aggresions.

-Move infantry to ridge facing enemy forces, move the trooper slightly behind them to cover for air.

-Seal up the BTS. (Because this is happening from the Inside, there is no way you will see a thing with your snooping.)

RP:

"This was unexpected... Move the troops into postion, give me as many ways to cover our base as you can, and I want the Harvester recalled. And with our Evermind now funcitnoal, I want it to seal the door, from the inside, Make sure it won't open unless the Evermind wants it too."

The soilder looked at Ikara and then brought his hand up his ear, where his comm bug was located. "I'm afraid the other house has sent two soilders to guard our harvester sir."

"Two? That hardly seems sufficent, I could run them down easily, and the harvester is a tough skined unit, it could take a hit or two, I see no reason for this to worry us. Let them play there game... Get me a communication with their leader, find out what they want."

"They beat you to the chase sir. They have a message for you."

Ikara listened to the voice adressing him. He responded "We are of House Iruxas and we are intrerested in the achaich systems in this Botanical Testing Station but we have yet to gain acsses, the door is sealled from the inside. we cannot gain entry, the material is far to strong."

Last edited by Wo2; 4 Aug 2004 at 05:39.
Wo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2004, 04:06   #117
Lakhim
Official Annoyance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wo2
[ooc] That doesn't mean I'm not up to negotiation you know. And just how did you get another 10000c income, that would be more around 700c I'm afriad, unless you went and took over half the villiages on the PLANET! Also, you still don't know That I am what I am, so you aren't allowed to say a thing to the outside world.[/ooc]
Who are you talking too?
Unread 4 Aug 2004, 04:12   #118
KlavoHunter
RP cnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakhim
Who are you talking too?
Me
Unread 4 Aug 2004, 05:09   #119
KlavoHunter
RP cnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wo2
The 10000 income in turn one was due to the 10000 at start. And there is nothing against negotiation here... I'll gladly negotiate, and I'll gladly blast you, either will work. And no, I don't know that you're in league with the Evermind, not IC. So I can't go out and say that, nor am I going to pull some "idiot RP" and pick up a datachip that magically appeared next to me to say "Oh! Look! This means they've got Jihad-banned Machines!".

Quote:
Construction:
-Infantry Barrakcs -500c
-Light Facotry - 1100c
- Heavy factory - 400c done - 1100c to go.
How do you get 2000 worth of construction done in one turn? You simply can't do that... @_@ A Construction Yard is only capeble of doing 1000c of work a turn. Even Ginge can only do 1500c a turn. Fix this or I'll respond in kind, 'kay?

By the way, Light Factory is 1250c, not 1100. Similarly, Heavy Factory is 1600, not 1500.

Quote:
"This was unexpected... Move the troops into postion, give me as many ways to cover our base as you can, and I want the Harvester recalled. And with our Evermind now funcitnoal, I want it to seal the door, from the inside, Make sure it won't open unless the Evermind wants it too."

The soilder looked at Ikara and then brought his hand up his ear, where his comm bug was located. "I'm afraid the other house has sent two soilders to guard our harvester sir."

"Two? That hardly seems sufficent, I could run them down easily, and the harvester is a tough skined unit, it could take a hit or two, I see no reason for this to worry us. Let them play there game... Get me a communication with their leader, find out what they want."

"They beat you to the chase sir. They have a message for you."

Ikara listened to the voice adressing him. He responded "We are of House Iruxas and we are intrerested in the achaich systems in this Botanical Testing Station but we have yet to gain acsses, the door is sealled from the inside. we cannot gain entry, the material is far to strong."
"Very well then, forces of House Iruxas. We, too, are interested in the Botanical Testing Station, for our own purposes. I feel that our purposes are not mututally exclusive, and that we could both benefit from what may be found in the BTS." James started, picking up the unidentified man's voice. It was rude to not identify oneself personally, but he'd let that slide, as House Iruxas had a reputation for being rather impersonal.

"I propose a truce... We can both have our respective gains from the BTS. You cannot enter it due to the strength of the materials used in the doors. However... we are armed with Lasgun weapons. There is nothing that can resist a Lasgun's fire. I propose that we destroy one of the doors with our Lasguns, and then you search inside for the archaic devices you seek, and we... we will search for what we are after. Is this acceptable to you?"

Orders:

- Hold fire, but do prepare to engage if things go sour. Continue communications as they are, but be wary.

- Continue to hold the harvestor back with the infantry. I am going by the more realistic definition that a unit of infantry is not just one man, but is actually a squad. Same orders as before apply - if it tries something stupid, board it with the infantry and kill everyone onboard before stealing it. I don't think it'll come to that.

- Similarly prepare for combat with the infantry... all 8 Light Infantry behind cover, and set up fire patterns to take out his units in short order via mass of fire. Also, knowing the resource allocation that is permitted by the rules laid down by the Emperor, he has more troops around - begin searching around for those.

OOC: There is a way that we can both get what we want here... you can keep me from finding about your Evermind, and I can swipe the Spice that may be in there. Just think about it, and you won't have to worry about me coming after you for being followers of the Machine for a LONG time...

Last edited by KlavoHunter; 4 Aug 2004 at 05:24.
Unread 4 Aug 2004, 05:23   #120
Lakhim
Official Annoyance

ooc: Klavo, honestly, you don't know he's synchronised so you can't attack him just for that oocly, and if you do, I'll join in on Wo2's side...
Unread 4 Aug 2004, 05:29   #121
KlavoHunter
RP cnut

Quote:
ooc: Klavo, honestly, you don't know he's synchronised so you can't attack him just for that oocly, and if you do, I'll join in on Wo2's side...
Dude, I said that I don't know that. I'm not going to godmod here That takes all the fun out of it if I did that.

However, I would attack on the premises that

1.) He isn't letting me at the BTS, he isn't interested or aware of the spice inside... and I want it!
2.) It's a fight to the death on Arrakis to see who wins it. Anything I do to hurt anyone else here is only going to help me in the end.

However, I don't want to start a battle THIS early if I can avoid it. I'm suggesting that since his Evermind can control the internal parts of the building, he can block off important passages inside... and just leave my people a clear route to the spice cache inside, while blocking off the workings of the Evermind.

That way, we both win, and I never even have an inkling of an idea that he's Sychronized.

Heck, I might even end up allied to him if this goes well
Unread 4 Aug 2004, 05:37   #122
Lakhim
Official Annoyance

ooc: Just warning you.
Unread 4 Aug 2004, 05:45   #123
KlavoHunter
RP cnut

Quote:
ooc: Just warning you.
Warning is unneccessary.

Don't tell me you forgot about my very existance while I was gone? :eek:

Last edited by KlavoHunter; 4 Aug 2004 at 05:51.
Unread 4 Aug 2004, 05:52   #124
Wo2
The Janitor!

[ooc] My bad on the Counstruction, I was looking at the wrong number, I've fixed it. Lakhim, I appreciate your offer, but it would seem me and Kalvo can work this out, besides, it would look bad on your house if you allied with your main rival. Oh Kalvo, I may suggest that we stave off anything else until we get a Hewitt DM, he hasn't even told me if theres is a Spice Stash in my lovely little BTS yet. And i'm not a total idiot, I had a win-win plan of my own. [/ooc]

"Very well... Allow my Harvester to countiou on its way, we will allow you access to the Testing station, but before you try your Lasgun's on the door, allow us one more attempt to open it. We believe the power systems are still active in the station, we feel we can make the door open using some of our technology. Are you willing to trust us James Hunter, you have the word of the House Iruxas leader. However, we would be less wary of you if you would allow our havester to return to its duty."

Orders:

-Same as before exepct I will now set up a Transciver to the Evermind inside, telling it the situation, and what route to open. This device would be unreconizable by all expect members of this house.

-Troops fall back to the Base
Unread 4 Aug 2004, 06:12   #125
KlavoHunter
RP cnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wo2
[ooc] My bad on the Counstruction, I was looking at the wrong number, I've fixed it. Lakhim, I appreciate your offer, but it would seem me and Kalvo can work this out, besides, it would look bad on your house if you allied with your main rival. Oh Kalvo, I may suggest that we stave off anything else until we get a Hewitt DM, he hasn't even told me if theres is a Spice Stash in my lovely little BTS yet. And i'm not a total idiot, I had a win-win plan of my own. [/ooc]
[ooc] Woot. Hewitt, DM this [/ooc]

Quote:
"Very well... Allow my Harvester to countiou on its way, we will allow you access to the Testing station, but before you try your Lasgun's on the door, allow us one more attempt to open it. We believe the power systems are still active in the station, we feel we can make the door open using some of our technology. Are you willing to trust us James Hunter, you have the word of the House Iruxas leader. However, we would be less wary of you if you would allow our havester to return to its duty."
James bit his lip for a moment. Would it be better to let them have it back yet or not? he asked himself. Then, deciding he was a good enough shot to nail it from this distance if things went awry anyways, he nodded to himself.

"All right then... we shall return your Spice Harvestor untouched, and you may attempt again to open the Testing Station. If that fails, we can always demolish the doors just as easily." he replied, and then paused. "And you, sir, may I have your name, as your men attempt to open the Testing Station?"

Orders:

- Release the Harvestor, allow it to go back to the base. However, keep an eye on it if things go sour. If I am suddenly betrayed, hit it with my Lasguns...

- Troops fall back to the staging area

- Wait to see if the BTS opens up.

OOC: Now we should wait for Hewitt... we've reached a good spot for him to come in.
Unread 4 Aug 2004, 07:14   #126
Lakhim
Official Annoyance

OOC: Woah, you are? Not paying attention at all....you'd think the scientific/syncronised houses would stick together.
Unread 4 Aug 2004, 07:20   #127
KlavoHunter
RP cnut

Quote:
OOC: Woah, you are? Not paying attention at all....you'd think the scientific/syncronised houses would stick together.
OOC: Everyone and their uncle has the "Scientific" bonus... Why shell out huge bucks for the Lasguns?
Unread 4 Aug 2004, 07:24   #128
Lakhim
Official Annoyance

OOC: Not really...
Unread 4 Aug 2004, 17:23   #129
Wo2
The Janitor!

[ooc] about everyother person does. But I got mine because of my house description, I had no Idea I'd get a Lasgun bonus. [/ooc]

"My name is Ikara. I am pleased that we could find a non-violent way to solve this. I thank you for allowing our harvester to return, we require spice flow as do any houses." Ikara listened to a report from one of his men, "We will be ready to attempt out opeing soon."

[ooc] Sorry, had to get my two bits in. Now we wait. [/ooc]
Unread 4 Aug 2004, 17:53   #130
Lakhim
Official Annoyance

ooc: Exactly, we don't have more then two or three hostile houses...
Unread 4 Aug 2004, 21:57   #131
J-Kama-Ka-C
Held Back

J-Kama-Ka-C is on a distinguished road

(We wouldn't be on Dune if we weren't willing to fight for it. Some of us just prefer to do so with flashy lights rather than sticks and stones.)

*With the construction yard opperational, they could finally begin expansion of the base, and er, so they did.

House Kip of ANKAA
+35% Fremen Relations
+25% to unit HP
-50% cost to Research Facilities
Able to purchase Pyon Milita

Base One
Construction Yard
Wind Trap
Refinery

Actions
Construct Infantry Base 500/500
Begin Construction of Light Factory 500/1250
Deploy Harvester and <see PM>

(I'm assuming it's possibly to start paying for the Factory now, before the barracks has actually been completed for a turn, since the Factory won't be completed until next turn?)
Unread 5 Aug 2004, 15:41   #132
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold

Yep. Same goes for units.

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 5 Aug 2004, 16:06   #133
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Turn 2

Urbanica landed peacefully in the Imperial basin and came with the promise of refuge... Terminatus established itself in the shadows of the frozen north... Iruxas moved in with secret intentions but were stumbled upon by Huntirius... Ankaa was the first kipire house to make planetfall on Dune... The Atreides-lead smugglers started preparing for the worse... Corrino stood back as they waited for orders from their imperial masters...

And the Fremen followed, watched and waited...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Imperial Arrakis Monitoring Station (IAMS)
Current Hazards to Report

None as yet.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keep PM'ing me those units and questions - I'll respond as soon as I can.

Also - I've noticed I didn't really take into account upgrades as a part of construction; They are so Lakhim, fix your turn 1 list......

Oh and KH, Wo2, the BTS does NOT contain any spice... well there is a bit of residue (about 2c worth ) maybe a large quanity of spice was stored here in the past?

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 5 Aug 2004, 16:39   #134
Wo2
The Janitor!

[ooc] Well as hewitt knows, i'll be gone till the 10th, so Ta ta. Kalvo please don't do anything rash while I'm gone. [/ooc]

"Reaver-Prince we have gotten the door open, your men may search what they can. But I ask that you exercise caution, the systems we wish to reaserch are rater delicate, and damage would not do us any good."

Orders:

-Keep the troops back and non-threatning

-Have harvester harvest (duh)

-Allow the other house accsess to what they can in the BTS, the sensitve arear (AKA evermind) are sealed and will not be opened, but the main chamber where the spice WAS is open and that will allow Kalvo to see that any spice that was there is long gone. He can have the 2c if he wants.
Unread 5 Aug 2004, 18:03   #135
KlavoHunter
RP cnut

OOC: *cuts Hewitt in half with a Lasgun*

IC:

The two squads of Huntirius troops that went in poked around everywhere inside that was likely to hold any amount of Spice - and indeed did find it... well, perhaps just the residue and scrapings. Any reasonable amount of Spice was long gone. With a sigh, the troops proceeded to literally scrape up the residue, and then spread it out amongst one another's pockets - no sense in losing all of it if the one man who was carrying the Spice was killed.

"It's a shame that we were unable to locate what we were after... we will leave you to your testing systems. May be best House conquer Arrakis." James said, and gave First Platoon a hurry-up wave to get onto the Carryall, consolidating one squad from Second Platoon to make a full 5-unit Platoon.

With that, the two Huntirius aircraft lifted off, leaving the three squads of Infantry to trudge their way back to base. Well, at least the sheer experience of Huntirius troops had taught them a few things about cross-country marching. They disappeared into the sands as well.

"Are you sure about this, Reaver-Prince? There is a Fremen Sietch a mere 50 kilometers away from the southern Testing Station..." the Carryall Pilot began.

"However, they ARE fifty kilometers out from it... and so long as we don't actively try to hunt them out, they shouldn't give us much trouble... and if they do... well, it'll be their problem when they try to meet Lasguns with Crys-Knives..."

Orders:

- Pocket the 2c of spice. Cha-ching!

- Searching the BTS to the south of the one I was just at for the same purpose... (will specify which one in more detail if you need, Hewitt, but theres' no point in making it obvious where poor Wo2 was hiding)

- Keep an eye on the Fremen Sietch to see that they don't try and attack me for coming near. Attempt negotiation first if they come out... and if they want to fight, they get blasted.

Forces Present:
1x Carryall
5x Light Infantry
1x Weapon Zero Gunship
Unread 5 Aug 2004, 18:25   #136
Lakhim
Official Annoyance

Hewitt, the upgrade cost is more then the construction yards ability to produce...and you can't build a Factory until you get that upgrade...

Do we assume that the harvesting is going on schedule too?
Unread 5 Aug 2004, 18:30   #137
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

You can go up to the limit and then finish the rest next turn.

And yep, you get a full harvester load and full village intake every turn and so far nothing has happened to your operations to interrupt this.

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 5 Aug 2004, 18:33   #138
Lakhim
Official Annoyance

Anyway, subject to change:
House Urbanica - Turn 2
Scientific, Pacifist, Resiliant, Resourceful
(Research Facilities are 50% cheaper)
(Cost Penalty to lasgun weapons removed)
(Pyon Villages are 75% cheaper)
( -10% to unit FP)
( -10% to unit HP)
( -10% to unit SP)
(Engineers 50% cheaper)
(All other units 25% more expensive)
(+25% to Unit Resistance to all weapons)
(+25% to Harvester capacity)
(+5000 Starting Credits)

Starting Credits: 9750c
Income from last turn: 1675c

Carthag
Forces Present:
1 Carryall (1312.5 credits)
5 Light Infantry (625 credits)

Buildings:
Carthag proper +800c

Construction Yard
Power Draw: 0mw

Wind Trap
Power Draw: -100mw

Spice Refinery
(Harvester present, carry-all present. Gathering spice in the Imperial Bason @ 875 spice units per turn (or whatever max is). Carry-all is providing an emergency airlift capability against worms, as in the book Dune.)
Power Draw: 40 mw

4x Spice Silo
Power Draw: 20 mw

Infantry Barracks w/ upgrade
Power Draw: 10mw

Construction in Carthag

Upgrading Construction Yard (-1100 c) (PIF) (Two Turns remaining)
3 light infantry (-375c)

Arsunti:
Arsunit Proper +400c

N'themar:
N'themar Proper +100c

Brethlahelm:
Brethlahelm Proper +100c

Misc Aquisitions:
5 more pyon villiages (Any name would be nice, I can't make them up for crap)
-1000c
10050 credits remaining at the end of turn two

Last edited by Lakhim; 5 Aug 2004 at 19:15.
Unread 5 Aug 2004, 18:42   #139
KlavoHunter
RP cnut

I included the Upgrades as part of the actual building's construction limit... uhhh... Oops?

So, uhm, yah. *pokes Hewitt* Mod my searchings please
Unread 5 Aug 2004, 18:49   #140
mrmao
oh...sexy...

mrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the rough

"Look Duncan you are the only one with the experince to do it. We are going to need Fremen allies to win. You have spent time with them no one else has we can't win with out the fremen. We need you to go play diplomat for a while okay. If we get fremen allies then we can drive everyone else form the planet even the emporer."Gurney rambeled out what seemed a prepared speech.

"Then they would pay for the death of Leto and Paul,"Duncan continued almost exactly were gurney was going with his speech,"I'll go then."

Construction
Comand center(1000of 1250 for light factory)
Barracks(10 ligh infantry)

Orders
Caryall--support harvester
infantry and troopers--defend the stietch
Duncan-- head to the steich about 100 klicks to the east and preform diplomacy with the fremen(wow thats is not right oh well)
Unread 5 Aug 2004, 18:56   #141
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Quote:
Spice Refinery
(Harvester present, carry-all present. Gathering spice in the Imperial Bason @ 2500 spice units per turn (or whatever max is).
Whoa there... 2500c?

You do realise a harvester can only bring in 700c (875c in your case) per turn yeah? That number only represents the replensh rate of the spice field - go over it and the field starts to deteriate

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 5 Aug 2004, 19:13   #142
Lakhim
Official Annoyance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitt
Whoa there... 2500c?

You do realise a harvester can only bring in 700c (875c in your case) per turn yeah? That number only represents the replensh rate of the spice field - go over it and the field starts to deteriate
Thanks, I tried to ask you what the number was. Numbers fixed above.
Unread 6 Aug 2004, 01:55   #143
J-Kama-Ka-C
Held Back

(Could you tell us what upgrading the Construction Yard does, I can't see it in any of the requirement lists, although the Radar requires Barracks twice typo'd. Also, the Refinery/Silo capacity, does this refer to freshly harvested spice? If you had two harvestors bringing in 1400 spice, and only have the refinery, you'd lose 400c before you can only hold 1000, is that how it works?)

Kama from House Kip of ANKAA
+35% Fremen Relations
+25% to unit HP
-50% cost to Research Facilities
Able to purchase Pyon Milita

Credit: 13,250
Income: 875
Spending: 3550
Balance: 10,575

Actions
Light Factory 750/750
Spice Silo 150/150
Upgrade Construction Yard 100/1100
Five Light Infantry 500/500

Base
Construction Yard (upgrading)
Wind Trap
Infantry Barracks
Refinery
Spice Silo (completed)
Light Factory (competed)

Units
5 Light Infantry produced

*An officer greeted the latest trainee Infantry as they marched fresh from the barracks and took up their shifts patrolling the perimeter of the base.Meanwhile, the Kip Harvester thundered passed into the desert again, to collect a second load of spice for the Refinery.
Unread 6 Aug 2004, 02:48   #144
KlavoHunter
RP cnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Kama-Ka-C
(Could you tell us what upgrading the Construction Yard does, I can't see it in any of the requirement lists, although the Radar requires Barracks twice typo'd. Also, the Refinery/Silo capacity, does this refer to freshly harvested spice? If you had two harvestors bringing in 1400 spice, and only have the refinery, you'd lose 400c before you can only hold 1000, is that how it works?)
I believe the operative means of working that out is - SPEND FAST, if you're afraid of losing Spice from overflow.

As it's worked in games based off of Dune, such as C&C, when your harvestor comes in to drop off its load, the money that is in your refinery and siloes is what is spent first, before the initial stockpile and any money that you come across in a non-harvesting fashion.

So make sure you burn off as much of your spice-based income as possible per turn until you have a decent storage setup.

I would handle it this way - Let your harvestors come in and drop off their fill, and don't regard any of it as wasted, even if it goes over the limit. THEN you do your spending. If the income from harvestors, after your spending on units and buildings, is still over the storage limit, THEN you lose Spice.

Last edited by KlavoHunter; 6 Aug 2004 at 02:58.
Unread 6 Aug 2004, 02:55   #145
KlavoHunter
RP cnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Kama-Ka-C
Credit: 13,250
Income: 875
Spending: 3550
Balance: 10,575
How could you possibly have 13,250c ?

That's not possible, even if you spent nothing on Turn 1, and somehow managed to save your initial 2000c on units and turn it into cash. How did you do that?
Unread 6 Aug 2004, 03:24   #146
Lakhim
Official Annoyance

Quote:
Originally Posted by KlavoHunter

That's not possible, even if you spent nothing on Turn 1, and somehow managed to save your initial 2000c on units and turn it into cash. How did you do that?
I think he assumed that the starting credit line was 15,000 instead of the 10,000 it is...
Unread 6 Aug 2004, 03:27   #147
KlavoHunter
RP cnut

Quote:
I think he assumed that the starting credit line was 15,000 instead of the 10,000 it is...
Somebody spank him for being naughty, or else I add 5000c to my accout
Unread 6 Aug 2004, 09:33   #148
Evil_Ginge
English Demon

House Terminatus
Industrious, Resourceful, Xenophobic, Technocracy

+50% to Production limits
Base Defense turrets have double the normal hitpoints
All other structures receive +1 to AP
Buildings are immune to capture
+ 25% to unit FP

credits: 13,600 left over from last turn

850 gained from harvester

current credits: 14,450

Main Drop zone, the base named now and forever more as

Outpost 17823

Current buildings:

Upgraded Construction Yard (1500 construction capacity) - starting
Infantry Barracks

Wind Trap

Refinery + harvester

Construction

Construction yard:
Radar Outpost - 1100
Upgrade Infantry Barracks - 300

1400/1500 used

Infantry Barracks:
7 Light Infantry

700/750 used

Current garrison

Carryall
9 Light Infantry

Credits left - 12,450

RP:

Perturabo was pleased with the early projections of the base, everything was coming along nicely, even though they weren't defended with much of a garrison as of yet, but that was soon to change as he saw the infantry barracks go up and the radar outpost beginning to take shape, at least aftr that was up they could detect enemy troops coming in.

He turned and took a walk around the base as it was, everything had the gleam of being new that he liked, everything back home was kept to look its best and perform its best, he hated the look of rust and decay on metal surfaces, it almost disgusted him in this respect, he waved a hand gesturing his mentat to leave him as the harvester was taken by the carryall back over to the minor erg.

He briefly wondered how many allies he could gain on this world, and how many he would have to influence to gain victory.

Unread 6 Aug 2004, 11:03   #149
J-Kama-Ka-C
Held Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by KlavoHunter

Resourceful
Starts with an extra 5000c

I took the "starts with..." off my bonus list because it no longer applies and I've spent half of it already.

The 2000c did go on units, you just don't know what kind

If anything my balance is lower than it should be, since I've paid the entire cost of constructions, even if they won't be completely constructed until the turn after.
Unread 6 Aug 2004, 14:31   #150
Lakhim
Official Annoyance

(*smacks* put that into your house description that the top of each turn like a good boy. Stops us from doing stupid things like that (no it won't, but it feels nice to say))