User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 27 Mar 2009, 10:26   #1
Zoro

Zoro has a spectacular aura aboutZoro has a spectacular aura aboutZoro has a spectacular aura about
I got it right!!!

About 3 weeks ago when Ascendacy where getting a bit of a beating I predicted that they would easily win the round. I realised this cos I had heard that hostilities were ease towards them.
I knew this was at least 1 week too soon. That's why I started preaching on these boards. AND at every point I was shouted down by ASC saying what has turned out to be a load of nonsense.

What do these ASC planets think now?
Achilles (the clown) Kila (the fool) and the other loons (you know who you are).

I challenge you all to come on here and explain yourselves.

Is winning so sweet that you would beg, steal and borrow your own family members to taste it.

Shame on you all
Zoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2009, 10:28   #2
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold
Re: I got it right!!!

In your face.

FOUNDER OF THE OFFICIAL ASCENDANCY LADY GAGA FAN CLUB

ASCENDANCY DEMOLITION MAN
Linkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2009, 10:28   #3
Game^

Game^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to behold

It's a shame that you evidently mattered so little that you could do nothing about it...
Game^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2009, 10:34   #4
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

I think everybody with half a brain knew this was gonna happen...
Unfortunatly alot of alliance hc's + people who have the power to do something about it appearantly don't even have that

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2009, 10:34   #5
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I for one thank you for the help.

P.S. I sold my mother to Wishmaster.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2009, 10:35   #6
Zoro

Zoro has a spectacular aura aboutZoro has a spectacular aura aboutZoro has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game^ View Post
It's a shame that you evidently mattered so little that you could do nothing about it...
It is a shame
Unread 27 Mar 2009, 10:38   #7
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Well I for one think that it is not over yet. Admittedly, we are in the lead now even when ND release all their production. But still, there's a week to go. Have 3 of our top 60's crash on ND and we are not #1 anymore.
Unread 27 Mar 2009, 10:41   #8
Zoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless View Post
Well I for one think that it is not over yet. Admittedly, we are in the lead now even when ND release all their production. But still, there's a week to go. Have 3 of our top 60's crash on ND and we are not #1 anymore.
Oh forgodsake Heartless your gonna win by 70 million (and you know it). why would 3 of your top 60's crash on ND.

The wind up continues.

Anymore of this and I'll be putting you on my round 31 BAD LIST
Unread 27 Mar 2009, 10:52   #9
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What makes asc different from other allies is that they don't crash (or atleast not as much as others)

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2009, 10:53   #10
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoro View Post
Oh forgodsake Heartless your gonna win by 70 million (and you know it). why would 3 of your top 60's crash on ND.

The wind up continues.

Well, Zoro.

You sort of helped us too with that nice crash you did.

Ascendancy - While you were trying, we were sleeping

(@Karmulian) i deffo got roided looking at my planets
Desse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2009, 10:54   #11
Vladel
Retired

Vladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really nice

Quote:
About 3 weeks ago when Ascendacy where getting a bit of a beating I predicted that they would easily win the round. I realised this cos I had heard that hostilities were ease towards them.
I knew this was at least 1 week too soon. That's why I started preaching on these boards. AND at every point I was shouted down by ASC saying what has turned out to be a load of nonsense.

Achilles (the clown) Kila (the fool) and the other loons (you know who you are).

Is winning so sweet that you would beg, steal and borrow your own family members to taste it.

Shame on you all
You win a free E-Penis extension but sadly the one on your head would count as a chargeable extra

Rnd 26-32 Jenova Denial (BC) Newdawn (HC)

Rnd 33 Retired
Vladel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2009, 10:57   #12
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Just because the deranged loon yelling about the end of the world on the street corner happened to be right doesn't mean I'd attempt to engage in meaningful conversation with him. He's still a deranged loon.
Unread 27 Mar 2009, 10:59   #13
Hude
self-entitledly superior

Hude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant future

Quote:
Have 3 of our top 60's crash on ND and we are not #1 anymore.
I volunteer.
Hude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2009, 11:00   #14
[JungleMuffin]
Apple Hunt Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about

I think "Zoro" is a pseudonym, created for the sole purpose of winning the round for Asc/sarcastically lolling at myself.

You sir, are lacking.
^^^^ Can you blv that sh*t?
[JungleMuffin] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2009, 11:01   #15
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Please do, I am not going to play anyway :-D
Unread 27 Mar 2009, 11:04   #16
[JungleMuffin]

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about

I will bet my left bollock that Zoro = CBA
Unread 27 Mar 2009, 11:05   #17
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hude View Post
I volunteer.
You will probably come out of a crash on ND with Salvage on the side.

Unread 27 Mar 2009, 11:16   #18
H1TMANish
BlueTuba

H1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant future

Quote:

Shame on you all
So you're angry because some members of ascendancy downplayed their chance of winning on AD to take the heat off. I really struggle to see a problem with this. Just bitter I guess.
Unread 27 Mar 2009, 11:22   #19
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
About 3 weeks ago when Ascendacy where getting a bit of a beating I predicted that they would easily win the round.
EASILY!?

**** you.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2009, 11:23   #20
[JungleMuffin]

Quote:
Originally Posted by H1TMANish View Post
So you're angry because some members of ascendancy downplayed their chance of winning on AD to take the heat off. I really struggle to see a problem with this. Just bitter I guess.
Id imagine its less about the downplay and more about the why post something you dont believe is the truth.

Not saying what certain people do/dont believe. Im sure they know better than i.

Edit: I am glad that Zoro is satisfied with the failure of his #1 objective, KILLASC, in order to accomplish #2, IAMRIGHT. It takes a certain type of person to be happy with being both right, and failure.

Enough for me now, i dont wanna get banned again :crymeariver:

Last edited by [JungleMuffin]; 27 Mar 2009 at 11:30.
Unread 27 Mar 2009, 11:31   #21
Zirikk
Bounce Back Champion, TIE Fighter Shooter Champion, Penguin Bashing Champion, War on Terror Champion, Bugz Champion

Zirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Does that mean some nice salvage?
Zirikk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2009, 11:41   #22
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

And some cathaaargh ships too
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2009, 12:15   #23
Zoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
Just because the deranged loon yelling about the end of the world on the street corner happened to be right doesn't mean I'd attempt to engage in meaningful conversation with him. He's still a deranged loon.
It's a good point JBG.
Nothing I have posted is meaningful and nothing deserves meaningful conversation.

But I was right

and for this reason I'm the best.

Zoro won the round not ASC
Unread 27 Mar 2009, 12:17   #24
Zoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by [JungleMuffin] View Post
I think "Zoro" is a pseudonym, created for the sole purpose of winning the round for Asc/sarcastically lolling at myself.

You sir, are lacking.
I don't understand what you are trying to say
Unread 27 Mar 2009, 12:49   #25
Cutthroat
Skydivin' Rodent Pony

Cutthroat is an unknown quantity at this point

Here, let me help you:

prop⋅a⋅gan⋅da [prop-uh-gan-duh]
–noun
1. information, ideas, or rumors deliberately spread widely to help or harm a person, group, movement, institution, nation, etc.
2. the deliberate spreading of such information, rumors, etc.

I really didn't think I'd ever say this, but I miss the days of Fury/Legion forum propaganda ... things were so much more alive back then.

hirr HC #7
Cutthroat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2009, 13:23   #26
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

Quote:

Shame on you all
don´t blame the ppl downplaying their chances
blame everyone believing em

and btw i am pretty confident there is like 100 others who predicted the same, some of em might even sit in HC channels

and yes winning is so sweat, winning is all what we play for and Propaganda is a part of it
oh noes the P word again...

"It´s not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2009, 13:31   #27
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold

Actually, I think a lot of us still believe that if CT/ND/Omen had kept hitting us for another week CT would have ran away with it.

Also, I don't think anyone foresaw such a ridiculous amount of crashes.

FOUNDER OF THE OFFICIAL ASCENDANCY LADY GAGA FAN CLUB

ASCENDANCY DEMOLITION MAN
Linkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2009, 14:05   #28
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:

Shame on you all
Well done man, 7 weeks into the round you told us that Ascendancy would win. I would have told you this before the round and at any point during. As would have many others.

You guys seem to scream "omg propaganda" every time Ascendancy members post. Saying that we believe CT would run away with it if they were left unchecked whilst ND/Omen/VGN all hit us wasn't propaganda you clown, it's what we wholeheartedly believed. It's the ****ing reason we switched to hitting CT before completely disposing of Omen (luckily they haven't been able to cause us all that much trouble over the past few days, but a dead Omen wouldn't have been able to hit us at all)

Quote:
What the **** is wrong with you? he's not saying that we're not going to win, he's saying that we shouldn't get ****ing complacent and start crashing. It's not over till the fat lady sings (remember Kileman? ). Are you really too thick to distinguish between the two?
Unread 27 Mar 2009, 14:06   #29
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

You don't have to be good when the competition is terrible.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2009, 14:36   #30
Zoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_ View Post
Well done man, 7 weeks into the round you told us that Ascendancy would win. I would have told you this before the round and at any point during. As would have many others.

You guys seem to scream "omg propaganda" every time Ascendancy members post. Saying that we believe CT would run away with it if they were left unchecked whilst ND/Omen/VGN all hit us wasn't propaganda you clown, it's what we wholeheartedly believed. It's the ****ing reason we switched to hitting CT before completely disposing of Omen (luckily they haven't been able to cause us all that much trouble over the past few days, but a dead Omen wouldn't have been able to hit us at all)

What the **** is wrong with you? he's not saying that we're not going to win, he's saying that we shouldn't get ****ing complacent and start crashing. It's not over till the fat lady sings (remember Kileman? ). Are you really too thick to distinguish between the two?

There you go again getting all excited. Calm down dear it's just a game.

Do I get another badge if ASC do win by 70 mil?
Unread 28 Mar 2009, 22:11   #31
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
But I was right
Even a broken clock is right twice a day!

Is this SERIOUSLY a 'I told you so' thread?

Not being funny Zoro but NOBODY CARES. Who are you?! What is it you think you've done that warrants people paying you any kind of attention whatsoever? Seriously, before you just assume I'm flaming, answer the question - if only to yourself. Who are you to PA?

As other people have already said, it's not like you're the only person who successfully predicted this outcome. I can hand-on-heart state that all you're doing is stating the obvious in an excessively loud voice.

NewDawn didn't play their politics right, Asc have proved that hard work will always win over poor planning/politics, CT have shown that you expect any help from an an alliance you've been sh*tting over for 'x' number of weeks and Omen have proved... well, nothing really - they've just been naff.

None of this though is worthy of its own thread though, and when accompanied by a 'I told you so' statement - you're just making yourself look stupid; and after attention.

Zoro, I can't emphasise the following enough: you do not deserve any attention, stop vying for it.
Unread 28 Mar 2009, 23:00   #32
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by asust3k View Post
and Omen have proved... well, nothing really - they've just been naff.
I think that's pretty harsh.

Omen did the right thing hitting Asc out of the gate. It showed a level of commitment and sensibility I've not seen for a while. They also did a pretty good job of pinning Asc down.

Unfortunately they just clearly weren't of Asc's quality (too many crashers etc).

ND played pretty well up until the mass seppuku at asc planets this week. CT, from the outside, seemed to shoot themselves in the foot magnificently and worked very hard for a couple of weeks to ruin their own chances. Angels would have been proud
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2009, 23:08   #33
Desse
Pr0nstar

Cudos to Omen.

They were in my mind the 2nd best alliance this round by a big margin.
They tried to challenge the best one, but went down fighting hard.

Unread 28 Mar 2009, 23:13   #34
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
NewDawn didn't play their politics right, Asc have proved that hard work will always win over poor planning/politics, CT have shown that you expect any help from an an alliance you've been sh*tting over for 'x' number of weeks and Omen have proved... well, nothing really - they've just been naff.
I'm confused to what you actually think went on during this round? What alliance do you think managed to hold back Asc for the majority of the round?
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2009, 23:36   #35
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate View Post
I think that's pretty harsh.

Omen did the right thing hitting Asc out of the gate. It showed a level of commitment and sensibility I've not seen for a while. They also did a pretty good job of pinning Asc down.

Unfortunately they just clearly weren't of Asc's quality (too many crashers etc).
That's just it though, they REALLY stopped trying as soon as it became obvious that they weren't going to win.

But yes, I'll concede that if it weren't for Omen then Asc would have won this A LOT sooner. Hitting Asc from the word go isn't exactly worthy of praise though.

To be honest, after the last 2 rounds everyone should have been at Asc's throat trying to do more to prevent them from getting any kind of a foothold. The fact that more people didn't take this initiative deserves criticism; it doesn't neccessarily mean Omen deserve praise.

Omen came in to this round with the aim of winning. Things didn't work out too well for them, they got fought off by Asc and essentially gave up.

I can't make up my mind who's been the better alliance out of NewDawn or Omen. Omen for their hard work early on (even though they later gave up the fight) or NewDawn for making it this far and STILL being at war with Asc. NewDawn REALLY screwed up their politics though by not focusing on the long-game. They made an arrangement with Asc which put them in a round-winning position. Long-term though, in the process of seeing out their arrangement with Asc, they burnt all the bridges with the two alliances that they really NEEDED in order to help secure the victory.

Conspiracy have been a little disappointing as a LOT of crashes saw them throw away any chance they had of winning. I can't fault them for not wanting to help NewDawn win at this stage, but I predict there'll be a lot of inter-alliance bitching at the end of the round over who's 'fault' it was for letting Asc win.

You know what I'd really like to see come the end of this round? Concession posts from alliance leaders/members. Some "I could have done this differently" or "if we'd have done this differently, that might not have happened". Humility is far more admirable than obstinence.

Personally, I really really really wish I hadn't crashed more value in one day than I'd even managed to accrue in total over previous rounds :P I'm sure I'd have been far more use had I actually had ships to def with!

That said though, whilst people are claiming/laying blame left right and center, I would like to echo sentiments found elsewhere on the forums congratulating Ascendancy on their victory. It should be plain sailing from here on in, but you worked fecking hard to get to where you are, so well done.
Unread 29 Mar 2009, 03:05   #36
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I d like to think that things would have ended differently if nd / ct had hcs which managed to plan more than 1 day ahead.

HEY WE ARE #1 ATM! WE CAN KEEP THIS POSITION MAN! WE CAN WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN! WE GOT THEEEEEEE BEST MEMBERS! NO DOUBT WE CAN **** OVER THE ONES WE FIGHT WITH AND JUST CRUISE THROUGH THE ROUND! ASC ARE SHIT, WE PWN!

ye, **** u all tbh. bunch of useless ****s.

oh ye: edit part here!: Omen didnt have the quality I hoped / thought we had preround. I am still uncertain if I had wished to do anything differently though, I hate fighting for second places. I d rather eat shit and give anal than end 2nd. ( gratz to whoever end 2nd though! )

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Mar 2009, 03:10   #37
Munkee
Dictator

Munkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post
I d like to think that things would have ended differently if nd / ct had hcs which managed to plan more than 1 day ahead.

HEY WE ARE #1 ATM! WE CAN KEEP THIS POSITION MAN! WE CAN WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN! WE GOT THEEEEEEE BEST MEMBERS! NO DOUBT WE CAN **** OVER THE ONES WE FIGHT WITH AND JUST CRUISE THROUGH THE ROUND! ASC ARE SHIT, WE PWN!

ye, **** u all tbh. bunch of useless ****s.

oh ye: edit part here!: Omen didnt have the quality I hoped / thought we had preround. I am still uncertain if I had wished to do anything differently though, I hate fighting for second places. I d rather eat shit and give anal than end 2nd. ( gratz to whoever end 2nd though! )
Quite a disappointing reaction from you tbh wish after the amount of times i tried to organise hits on asc and omen hc had gone AWOL with all your bc's saying "we would have to clear it with a hc first"
Munkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Mar 2009, 03:27   #38
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkee View Post
Quite a disappointing reaction from you tbh wish after the amount of times i tried to organise hits on asc and omen hc had gone AWOL with all your bc's saying "we would have to clear it with a hc first"
hahahahahahhhahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahhahahaha

hahahahah.

is this from the alliance which said that after we ended nap, CT no longer had any reason to hit asc ( CT was #1 at the time ) ? is it?

and. WHEN did CT try to organize anything on asc and Omen didnt join? I can think of 1 night, the night we hit 2 asc gals ( a saturday night. )
The last week or so doesnt count, cause then the round was already won by asc, but even then, CT said: We hit what we want to hit! while in a cooperation channel with ND / VGN and omen.

hehe. I cant do anything but laugh.

Quote:
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
Unread 29 Mar 2009, 03:51   #39
t3k
The Video Guy

Quote:
I d rather eat shit and give anal than end 2nd. ( gratz to whoever end 2nd though! )
I literally dread to think of the things you're gonna have to do for finishing 4th
Unread 29 Mar 2009, 03:53   #40
Wishmaster
LDK

Quote:
I literally dread to think of the things you're gonna have to do for finishing 4th
u dont get the point do u? are u really that retarded?

if u dont win, u might aswell end last.

real people dont play to end 2nd

Quote:
Unread 29 Mar 2009, 04:03   #41
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

You should have gotten that much from his long sermon above surely? Kenny is just another gormless "it's easy to destroy asc" merchant. He clearly has no clue about what it takes to win a round. In fact anyone who killed their own fleet (quite a few of these same people) really should just shut the **** up, since they are about 80% of the problem anyway and, seemingly, don't even realise* the extent of it.

*edit

Last edited by Achilles; 29 Mar 2009 at 04:24.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Mar 2009, 04:20   #42
t3k
The Video Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
You should have gotten that much from his long sermon above surely? Kenny is just another gormless "it's easy to destroy asc" merchant. He clearly has no clue about what it takes to win a round. In fact anyone who killed their own fleet (quite a few of these same people) really should just shut the **** up, since they are about 80% of the problem anyway and, seemingly, don't even the extent of it.
Wow, Achi - this post is utter bollocks. You're normally good at the forums! I bet you 5 credits you'll not find a single post of mine on the forums which has come even marginally close to the suggestion of it being easy to beat Asc.

What problem is it you're referring to, exactly? And you're saying that because I crashed a fleet 4 weeks ago due to whatever reason, I lack understanding of game mechanics/politics? I think you're confusing that with 'motivation'.

Also, "dont even the extent of it" isn't even a real sentence. Talk sense, or shut up Achi.
Unread 29 Mar 2009, 04:34   #43
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny
Also, "dont even the extent of it" isn't even a real sentence. Talk sense, or shut up Achi.
I just added the word realise there, although I suspect most people would have been able to figure it out.

Quote:
Whether your objectives are as unimaginative as 'first or else',
What else is there? The aim is to win. Way to prove my point that you don't fully grasp the concept.

Don't get me wrong though, personally I thought Omen's strategy for the round was risky but at least it was a cohesive effort to win. If every alliance approached the game that way, rather than just playing day-to-day as Wishmaster said, perhaps it would have been a different result. Or perhaps not, but criticising in hindsight is lame when you have never done anything, ever, to show you could have done better. You can't even run a planet so the very idea that you believe yourself capable of something much more difficult than that is, frankly, laughable. Along with most of your recent contributions.

Quote:
Also, 6 weeks* != your life.

*Roughly how long Omen haven't had a shot at 1st this round
Man, way to REALLY prove my point for me while I was writing my reply. Just.... wow.

Last edited by Achilles; 29 Mar 2009 at 04:40. Reason: Last quote
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Mar 2009, 04:59   #44
t3k
The Video Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
What else is there? The aim is to win.
I didn't play this round to win anything. What, you think VGN play to win? Infact, do you think any alliance outside CT/ND/Asc/Omen played this round with any real expectation of winning?

Assumg Asc have 120 people playing for them this round (solely going by the several suggestions made of late on the forums), the top 4 alliances have 52% of players of all the top 10 alliances (assuming I got the maths right, (385/743)*100). I know that's technically the majority, but to imply that YOUR reason for playing makes other people's reasons for playing wrong is what I have a problem with.

NewDawn have become an alliance who plays for the win but they've played a lot of rounds, some without any expectation of winning at all.

DLR didn't play this round to win highest total tag score, they're playing for highest average score.

All I'm saying is be a bit more open minded.

And dude, stop making references to my planet. Even Michael Schumacher crashed his car a few times, so your poor performace=poor understanding analogy that you seem to be clinging to like a child and his security blanket after getting lost in a busy shopping mall is getting old.

edit: Ok, so he also won a lot of times too heh, but the basic logic remains.

Last edited by t3k; 29 Mar 2009 at 05:06.
t3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Mar 2009, 09:44   #45
Zoro

Quote:
Even a broken clock is right twice a day!

Is this SERIOUSLY a 'I told you so' thread?

Not being funny Zoro but NOBODY CARES. Who are you?! What is it you think you've done that warrants people paying you any kind of attention whatsoever? Seriously, before you just assume I'm flaming, answer the question - if only to yourself. Who are you to PA?

As other people have already said, it's not like you're the only person who successfully predicted this outcome. I can hand-on-heart state that all you're doing is stating the obvious in an excessively loud voice.

None of this though is worthy of its own thread though, and when accompanied by a 'I told you so' statement - you're just making yourself look stupid; and after attention.

Zoro, I can't emphasise the following enough: you do not deserve any attention, stop vying for it.
As a member of this (dwindling) community I have as much right as anyone to post a thread. It is the choice of everyone else whether to respond to it or not.
Yes it is a told you so thread, about 30% of it being tongue in cheek (how would anyone know this) as I still don't lose fact that this is a game and not really important.
Who am I to PA?
Well I've played consistantly since round 4 (and have always read the forums although rearly contributed).
I've had 6 top 100 finishes and I've had 25th and 58th finishes in the past 4 rounds (one I didn't play) and this round (terrible) which has been a cath desaster.
I would say my opinions are valid although I find having to justify myself to you a little silly.
Unread 29 Mar 2009, 14:00   #46
VenoX

VenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant future

Quote:
I said last round that Ascendancy cruised to victory in the end because other allies lacked any sort of foresight with politics and could only manage to see current rankings as a kind of black and white indicator as to how well an alliance is doing. Until HC's of top alliances "get a clue" in regards to how score/growth actually work then Ascendancy are gonna continue winning every round.
Unread 29 Mar 2009, 18:26   #47
Game^

Game^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Or if Omen had intel which was up to date?

Seriously, blame each other all you like, ND/CT/Omen were all equally as shit, and until they realise their own individual failings instead of blaming each other the longer this dominance Ascendancy currently have will continue.
Game^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Mar 2009, 20:07   #48
Wishmaster
LDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game^ View Post
Or if Omen had intel which was up to date?

Seriously, blame each other all you like, ND/CT/Omen were all equally as shit, and until they realise their own individual failings instead of blaming each other the longer this dominance Ascendancy currently have will continue.
nah, had nothing to do with it. If ND hc had ANY sort of communication, then damo8 would have known that we had agreed to NOT hit eachother the next night. hehe.

Quote:
Unread 29 Mar 2009, 23:27   #49
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Props to Omen. See you next round?

[edit]Just read the other thread. Guess not.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Mar 2009, 09:29   #50
-CP-
SHW

-CP- is a jewel in the rough-CP- is a jewel in the rough-CP- is a jewel in the rough

If we are to be completely honest there has not been one single point in this round that I didn't believe Asc would win. Seriously.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

SHW, ReBorn, Wolfpack, NoS, Eclipse, Ascendancy
-CP- is offline   Reply With Quote